[Taiwanese Drama 2015-2016] Bromance 愛上哥們

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, azihan5 said:

Same with me dear.. playing with numbers everday while working, my mind keep interpret the abreviation RM as River Megan instead of RM stand for Malaysian Ringgit and I  even had slip tounge with my clients when mention RM untill they will ask me back. Who is River and Megan? hmm 

I enjoyed our classes yesterday and today. I collect , analyze and process all the data based on the information in this forum . And I like it all. Thanks to our professors and all who contributed the information. So I can more alert and rewind the special ep many many many time. :D Here  become Bromance and DUPI all in one information center. 

I pray hard , so Malaysia also will be include as one of their destination for Fan meet. Huhuhu. 

LOL at the RM for River-Megan and RM for Malaysian Ringgit.

"If there comes a day when I can't keep this secret bias/delusion/addiction anymore.". :D

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, junerain7 said:

To those who have read the novel, may I ask how it ended? How the story was wrapped up for all the characters and how is the novel's storyline compared to the drama version? 

The novel was quite rushed towards the end. There's nine chapters and the first seven covered up to the airport scene. The remaining two chapters touched on Papa Du, a little on Nana/QY/Uncle Tian, ZF confessing his love to YN, about 2 pages on the hotel scene... Finally ZF proposing to YN on her birthday.  Too many developments, too little pages. 

My personal opinion is that there's not much value add to read the novel. But the calendar that comes with the novel is not bad, so don't let my opinion on the content stop you from buying the novel to add to your collection of Bromance stuff. :phew:  

27 minutes ago, strawbeary816 said:

The novel was quite rushed towards the end. There's nine chapters and the first seven covered up to the airport scene. The remaining two chapters touched on Papa Du, a little on Nana/QY/Uncle Tian, ZF confessing his love to YN, about 2 pages on the hotel scene... Finally ZF proposing to YN on her birthday.  Too many developments, too little pages. 

My personal opinion is that there's not much value add to read the novel. But the calendar that comes with the novel is not bad, so don't let my opinion on the content stop you from buying the novel to add to your collection of Bromance stuff. :phew:  

Madamo nga salamat! (Thank you very much!) Wa an BFFs! It's midnight here. 

7 hours ago, strawbeary816 said:

Despite all this, I'm still eagerly waiting for my copy to arrive and much looking forward to it. Ordered it on yes.asia and it says it shipped 2 weeks ago. Patiently waiting (but secretly cursing the mailing system for being so slow...:P

2 hours ago, junerain7 said:

@MilynS I'm from the sugar bowl of the Philippines, the City of Smiles :)

I am too! :) Well... my mom is. I speak only a bit of the dialect but I can understand it well. Just can't get the accent right. 

BTW, not sure if this has been shared her but K-DramaPod did a spoilercast on Bromance:

http://kdramapod.com/episode-26-reupload/

Still streaming. Quite good discussion. :)

2 hours ago, junerain7 said:

@MilynS I'm from the sugar bowl of the Philippines, the City of Smiles :)

hi :) im from philippines too but in Luzon. 

I've been soo soo late with all the happenings. I've been busy with my school works so my last visit was way back before feb 14. There were so many events and stuffs happened T.T and most of all bromance ended T.T but im happy that most of your bromancer's keep on updating on this forum :) thank you so much y'all. 

I miss bromance soo bad. I keep on rewatching each episodes and replaying MV's, reread all the fanfictions, listening to bromance OSTs, looking at Baron and Megan's photos. 

Bad news: I did a check with Malaysia Astro's publicists if there will be any Bromance activity in Malaysia and they've confirmed none so far. So Malaysian fans, if you'd like RM to come, go and make yourself heard on Astro's site, Bromance FB, SetTV page etc... 

4 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

Despite all this, I'm still eagerly waiting for my copy to arrive and much looking forward to it. Ordered it on yes.asia and it says it shipped 2 weeks ago. Patiently waiting (but secretly cursing the mailing system for being so slow...:P

It is Chinese version? I am thinking about getting one but not sure. It is $17 and they have international shipping, right? 

17 minutes ago, pandahancho said:

It is Chinese version? I am thinking about getting one as well. It is $17 and they have international shipping, right? 

http://www.yesasia.com/us/1048493334-0-0-0-en/info.html

Yep Chinese version. It's getting shipped to me (whenever it decides to arrive). With the US conversion and shipping, I ended up paying $26 something CAD. I ordered it the day it got released, shipping might take a while......

----

@literatelush Thanks for sharing the podcast. Just finished listening to the bromance portion (about an 1hr long), and I found myself laughing and smiling at the hosts comments, agreeing/disagreeing with them, remembering the craziness of the scenes.... it's feeding my withdrawal symptoms haha. ;P

Dear BFFs,

May I ask where I can download the HD Bromance. As I always watch the clip with subtitiles, it's difficult for me to find the raw one with good quality. I checked sugoinow.com (or /segoideas.com) already, but theirs are not the quality I'm looking for.

Please help! Thank you so much!!

40 minutes ago, santakle said:

Dear BFFs,

May I ask where I can download the HD Bromance. As I always watch the clip with subtitiles, it's difficult for me to find the raw one with good quality. I checked sugoinow.com (or /segoideas.com) already, but theirs are not the quality I'm looking for.

Please help! Thank you so much!!

Try myasiantv.se. It's with eng subs. But no special episode 19 tho

3 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/1048493334-0-0-0-en/info.html

Yep Chinese version. It's getting shipped to me (whenever it decides to arrive). With the US conversion and shipping, I ended up paying $26 something CAD. I ordered it the day it got released, shipping might take a while......

-

Thank you ^^.. I am deciding if I should get one. I checked from crossbordershopping.ca the total will be around $26. it is pretty good price. However, I don't know what I can do with it. I don't want to buy it and just leave it there for nothing right? because I can read only few characters and even less with traditional Chinese characters. (Well.. if I get it and use it to learn Chinese, it might be my favorite learning tool haha)  

Inside the book,are there pictures or something that much more than the drama like extra scenes?  I don't really care about the calendar though.

Hello! I did a marathon of this drama over the weekend...up to the wee hours of the morning...stopping only to get just a couple of hours of sleep. My eyes felt painful and I got dizzy...but I have no regrets! I love this drama so much!

In the beginning, for me, it's got a Meteor Garden vibe, basically because Baron Chen and Jerry Yan's characters are both handsome guys with gorgeous hair and came from rich families. But of course, it's a whole different thing. And though the plot of a girl pretending to be a boy isn't new, but if the execution is fresh and flawless, then it gets interesting once more.

In K dramas, the actress that was able to pull off this role most convincingly was Yoon Eun Hye in "Coffee Prince", which has a similar plot to this drama, about a bromance that turns into something deeper, with the confused male lead not giving a damn about what others may think..."I don't care what you are, as long as I love you" kind of thing. But Yoon Eun Hye is a bit small and no matter how masculine she may try to act, it's still not all that believable.

In Megan Lai's case, it helps a lot that she is taller and her facial bone structure, more specifically her jaw bones are prominent, so it makes it easier for the audience to accept her as a boy, a pretty boy, just like so many Asian actors are out there. In fact there are angles when she can really pass off as a man, if she didn't have much make-up on.

But the best part of it all, is when she acts out as a man. Specially at the start, she was so immersed in the role. I think the fun in watching the drama is seeing the reaction of the people close to them when they realize that the two leads are starting to fall for each other (and I assume the audience share this feeling as well)...a mixture of confusion, bewilderment and shock, which ended up in acceptance, because everyone knows how inseparable they have become.

In my standard, I consider "Bromance" as nearly perfect because of the following things:

- two gorgeous leads who look so good together and has great chemistry both on screen and off (I don't want to ship. I try not to, lest I end up with a broken heart...but Baron (or River) and Megan look so perfect for each other...that I'd like to make a wish, that they become a real couple. I'll try not to get too carried away, but I just love seeing him put his head on her shoulder while doing a back hug. Their heights enable them to do this perfectly, without the guy having to bend his head all the way down)

- lovable supporting cast. Isn't it a welcome change to see a family that supports a couple in love. It's tiring to watch rich mothers wanting to separate the couple just because the girl is poor.

- a beautiful OST (My favorite is "Quietness", the only song in my playlist at the moment)

- great cinematography (since it is PY's happiness to see beautiful places, we get to see a lot of them here)

- wonderful story (with just the right amount of angst, not too heavy, not too light and a lot of funny moments)

- a perfectionist director and main leads who kept repeating every scene until they get it right. Even keeping to mind that a wrong facial expression on their part might project a difference in what the audience think the character should feel at that point. I'd like to thank the three of them for their patience and hard work.

In my own small way, I will try to spread the word about this drama. I am planning on watching it again, not only because I miss seeing the couple but because I am very interested to see DXF and PY's interactions after that scene where he supposedly overheard her secret. To see how he has changed the way he treats her after knowing that she is really a girl is something that has attracted my curiosity anew.

Thank you to everyone who has updated this thread, for those who posted the BTS videos, I really appreciate them since I was able to see how they behaved off screen. Lastly, a special thanks to @kiraning for her well researched article series, "Third Time's a charm: A RC/ML ship manifesto (pt 1 to 5)" After watching the drama and wanting to know more about River and Megan, you served all the information for us on a silver platter. Thank you very much. ^^

Sorry for the long post, I couldn't contain myself. For several days now, my head has been filled with Bromantic thoughts. :D

For those intending to get tics to the tw fm, Baron's official China fan club in charge posted in the chat group that they got confirmation from him that he will be attending.

It's a closed chat allowed in by approval only so I will not post the screen cap here.

Archived