[Drama 2016] Jang Yeong-Sil 장영실

larus

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@valsava, @suchadiva42, @gerrytan8063, @Felicia Soh,  @badsmuler  (thank you for letting us know about this thread!),  @starfire182921, @Chellsee      @cutie_let_let           Glad you are all here  mysmilie_1164.gif

What do you think about our leading lady, PSY, chinggus ???

I had just watched her in the family drama, Sons of Sol Pharmacy back in 2009 and never knew that she's ever acted in some historical dramas... :w00t:

Never saw her in anything but I think they will be good together onscreen. I read that they acted together in a drama before. So it is a reunion.

@larus,    I was told they acted together in "Crime Squad," aka "Detectives in Trouble,"  so I will try to watch it before this drama starts.

@gerrytan8063,    Thank you for her photo as Queen Inhyeon. I am glad she played in sageuk drama before.

I'm sure KBS World will show it too... :wub::wub:

@badsmuler,  in theory, you are correct.

But ever since Jeong Do-Jeon, I always want to prepare for an alternative source. That was KBS' BEST drama of 2014 - and they did not download the episodes to their YT channel despite multiple requests from many of us.  Viki at the time sent a message to all of us who followed it that they decided against getting the license because they want to get the license for Pacheon-Hwang that deals with similar material and was rumored to also air in 2014. (Except Pacheon-Hwang did not materialize yet, and we all missed on Jeong Do-Jeon).  

I came across this short video about Jang Young-Sil.

Korean Historical Figure - Jang Young Sil

@irilight,   Thanks for the short video I remember JYS in the great king sejong and always wonder if there was some kind of book on his life I admired king sejong for recognizing his talents he didn't mind that a slave could be that smart and figure things out his scholars couldn't even do and changed his status due to his knowledge.. I had always wonder what his life was like after Sejongs death and which one of King Sejong Sons exile him or was it a G/son stripping him of his status because of a jealous noble man couldn't handle the fact that a slave held higher status then him..  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...this thread is moving so fast... :wub::wub:

Anyong my old time chinggus... @irilight, @valsava, @suchadiva42, @larus, @gerrytan8063...why do i feel this thread is a reunion thread after TFB ??? LOL

And welcome here Captain Song and triplets lovers... @starfire182921, @Chellsee, @cutie_let_let :wub::wub:

I love the main theme from this drama and our two leads so far... :w00t:

They have started shooting the childhood part now..  

SIK's part will begin in October.

In the meantime, I suppose he and his adorable boys are shooting for Return of Superman enough to briadcast until end of year.

I hope the license will go through for Viki.  Moreoever, I'm wishing Dramafever will be picking up this drama as well.

@badsmuler

,  Either one of the triplets can play him as a toddler they all have some kind of features of him

@valsava dear...with Daehanie's new appearance with glasses, i think he's the most suitable choice for JYS toddler...:phew:  Or maybe in the Josoen Era they didn't have glasses yet ??? :P

In the meantime, I suppose he and his adorable boys are shooting for Return of Superman enough to briadcast until end of year.

I hope the license will go through for Viki.  Moreoever, I'm wishing Dramafever will be picking up this drama as well.

Thanks for the info...could you post the pictures here, chinggu ??? But then my dream to see my Daehanie in this drama is failed... :tears:

@badsmuler

,  Either one of the triplets can play him as a toddler they all have some kind of features of him

@valsava dear...with Daehanie's new appearance with glasses, i think he's the most suitable choice for JYS toddler...:phew:  Or maybe in the Josoen Era they didn't have glasses yet ??? :P

Thanks for the info...could you post the pictures here, chinggu ??? But then my dream to see my Daehanie in this drama is failed... :tears:

@badsmuler  let Manse play the toddler him he's a free spirit

Thanks @larus for starting this thread....hello everyone! Nice to see my dear friends.....@irilight and @valsava in this thread - an nyeong chingu!

Whoa....this thread is moving very fast.  Great to know there are so many fans of Song Il-gook and Park Sun-young.  Both actors acted in KBS dramas, Royal Story-Jang Hui-bin and Crime Squad. I remember her from MBC drama, "Truth/Honesty" - PSY played the evil role character in that drama  with Choi Ji-woo and Ryu Si-won.  That was so long ago and I really miss watching old K-dramas that was produced in year 2000 or so.

Can't wait to watch this epic sageuk drama - SIK is most famous for his charismatic acting in Joseon era.    

Hi,@felicia-soh,  Glad you can make it how are you.. The drama truth and honesty that PSY played in wasn't that the drama were she almost killed two people and blamed it on the other girl..?

Hi @valsava, thanks dear, I am fine.  Yes, she put the blame on the main actress - I think she switched places with CJW who was one of the passengers in the car. PSY was the driver who caused the accident.

So happy to see fans of ROS here - SIK (Triplets) Appa Fighting!

Btw, actor Jung Han-yong will be playing the role of Hwang Hui. According to wikipedia, Hwang Hui (8 March 1363 – 28 February 1452) was a politician of the Goryeo Dynasty and Joseon Dynasty, who once served as Prime Minister of the Joseon Dynasty.

jung-han-yong.jpg

Source

@badsmuler dear, the info shared by @Konabeans was from SIK official fan site, but there's no picture being posted yet. If there is, we will be more than happy share it here. Like you, I wish to see Daehanie as young "sil".

Plus ONE here to support Daehanie acting as young Jang Young Sil!

Look, does this little scholar has the style of a scientist?

536xmt1.jpg

Hi Everyone!!!! Long time no see. I Dont know if smbd remembers me or not,so..:D I am dead fan of Song Il-gook and Han Hye-jin. I have fallen for them after watching Jumong. Theyll be my best actors forever. Any new actor or actress cant ever reach to them(in my opinian of course). Ive been waiting so long for Sik to act in a drama,that I can believe its happening:wub:. Hope itll be really a good one and well enjoy watching it! Cant wait!!~~

I am glad to see you again. :)Fighting^^^

Song Il-gook and Park Seon-yeong reunite with "Jang Yeong-sil"

photo634660.jpg

KBS 1TV drama "Jang Yeong-sil" stars Song Il-gook and Park Seon-yeong. Anticipation focuses on the fact that this is the first time in 4 years since they have worked together.

"Jang Yeong-sil" is a historical science drama that KBS is trying out for the first time. It's about the scientist named Jang Yeong-sil who was born as the child of a concubine and was fated to live forever as a servant but entered the palace and becomes a genius scientist.

Song Il-gook will be playing the role of Jang Yeong-sil as he is also known as the 'actor meant for historical dramas'.

Park Seon-yeong plays Princess So-hyeon who will be in romance with Jang Yeong-silPark Seon-yeong is also a veteran when it comes to historical dramas.

Song Il-gook and Park Seon-yeong are in unfortunate fate as So-hyeon is Jang Yeong-sil's first love. She got married at the age of 14 but became a widow at the age of 16. She fails to marry Jang Yeong-sildue to oppression.

Song Il-gook and Park Seon-yeong experienced unfortunate romance in "Detectives in Trouble" as well.

"Jang Yeong-sil" started filming on the 16th. The first episode will be released in January next year.

cr to HanCinema

@badsmuler dear, the info shared by @Konabeans was from SIK official fan site, but there's no picture being posted yet. If there is, we will be more than happy share it here. Like you, I wish to see Daehanie as young "sil".

Plus ONE here to support Daehanie acting as young Jang Young Sil!

Look, does this little scholar has the style of a scientist?

Anyooooong my dear SIKers and Daehanie fans, @Chellsee and @adelinetew... :wub::wub:

Thats exactly why we choose Daehanie hyung above all of toddler out there... :P

The way he's behave like a scholar and noble family... :phew:

10632036_614094178734722_299912377_n.jpg

10950632_773345872720538_1877858148_n.jp

10946300_1404325029863418_1646333022_n.j

Credit to Owners

@badsmuler

Hello @valsava onnie...When SIK appa acts as gangster then urri Mandde is the 1st choice...LOL

Annyeong guys!!!!!!!

tumblr_mq7ikpexlx1rvxz17o1_500.gif

This is my first time joining a thread before a drama airs, but I dun wanna be left behind for this Song Appa's drama come back. I hope this will be a hit. 

Bye the way, what dramas will Jang Yeong Sil compete against? Will there be another sageuk drama when JYS airs?

Annyeong guys!!!!!!!

This is my first time joining a thread before a drama airs, but I dun wanna be left behind for this Song Appa's drama come back. I hope this will be a hit. 

Bye the way, what dramas will Jang Yeong Sil compete against? Will there be another sageuk drama when JYS airs?

Hello chinggu...its seems JYS will still compete with 2 family dramas, Mom ( MBC ) and I Have A Lover ( SBS )... FIGHTING !!!! :wub:

Archived