kyunii88

Good morning pretties! So good to hear that ratings rising!! Dear MBC, you better air 2 episodes next week!!

"She Was Pretty" sets record after postponed airing

photo644129.jpg

"She Was Pretty" set a record once again.

According to Nielsen Korea, the ninth episode of MBC drama "She Was Pretty" set a record of 16.7%. This is 2.2% more than the previous episode.

"She Was Pretty" is a romantic comedy of the four characters Hye-jin (Hwang Jeong-eum) a curly haired freak, Seong Joon (Park Seo-joon), a loser who turns over a new leaf, Ha-ri (Ko Joon-hee), a sexy girl who seems perfect but isn't, and Sin Hyeok (Choi Si-won) who is crazy.

Meanwhile, SBS "The Village: Achiara's Secret" and KBS 2TV "The Merchant: Gaekju 2015" recorded 5.2% and 10.0%.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

credit: HanCinema

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I waited a bit before watching episode 9, cause now I have to wait au000.gif

It was a good episode, although I still find the reason for her transformation a bit weak considering all the money she has to spend to get it when she should probably saving up for the new machine for her father....but oh well no drama is perfect. And what Sul asked was pretty on point, and I was also disappointed with HJ's answer like everyone else (or at least it looked like they didn't really buy it)

I also loved how SH was upset about the missing freckles xD that was so cute. I also liked how despite her change in attitude at work, he still fully appreciates her. WHY MUST YOU BE SECOND LEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also was really happy that SJ's reaction to HJ's transformation was appropriate, like he acknowledge the new look but wasn't over the top with his reaction to it if you get what I mean. 

Kim RaRa is the best o000.gif

I do wonder how SJ got to the scene first when SH left first, maybe he got into that accident which is why he was delayed? Since we do know he gets hurt, and the preview showed that he was bleeding. 

i happy that ep 09 was really enjoyable. i glad that viki subber is subing the show alot faster now. so thx to all those people that bring eng sub for s fan who dont understand korean.

that last scene of SJ hugging HJ  is ja. i guess when u worry for the one you  love. you can over come your fear. that what SJ did driving through the pouring rain cuz h was worry for HJ.

Guest ororomunroe

writernim..I am very disappointed with u..there is a scene which i believe not only me who felt insult but other muslims who is a fan of your drama and k drama will feel the same..you should do a thorough research before u do something that involve a religion..i sincerely hope that you will apologize about it..no one can simply say 'ASSALAMMUALAIKUM' ONLY MUSLIM CAN SAY IT TO OTHER MUSLIM..

Actually, Non-Muslims can and do say Assalamu 'alaikum. A lot of Arab and African Non-Muslims use this as a term of greeting. It's not a strictly religious greeting anymore. 

It was nice to see that SJ realizes that he likes HJ--the two are just meant to be. I feel sorry for SH because I like him too.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't feel too sorry for HR because when she had a chance to stop before getting too involved, she chose to plow ahead on her wayward path using deception.  When SH reminded her that SJ was her friend's first love, HR cried and said but SJ is her first love two. The difference with HJ's first love is that it was reciprocated by SJ--she was also his first love. HR's first love is one-sided. 

It's nice to know her conscience was bothering her in the form of her tummy ache. Although she was determined to go after SJ, it shows subconsciously, it really bothered her to betray her friend who had always been their for her.  I thought the scene of a teenage HJ cooking HR a mean when she was sick very touching and heartwarming. 

@lclaraki" I agre I coundn't have no sympathy for HR as I was actually thinking something was wrong with the little heffa like appendicitis, until she went to the hospital and found out it was stress all due to wanting her BFF man I'll say. So now she's decided to have the guts and tell SJ everything that she's a fake wannabe HJ let alone and is in love with SJ. Well I guess HR will dig her claws into SH and start dating him now, since she knows SJ/HJ is getting closer to reunite and I'm loving every bit of it.

First of all, thank you so much recappers! You guys make the wait for the subs bearable!

Initial thoughts based on recaps and clips:

1. I love that the show only spent a couple of minutes showing the viewers her transformation and the reason behind it was very clear. This is a girl who is determined to help her family and she will do whatever it takes to do so! I love that the beauty marks on her cheeks are still there when she's at home. :)

2. The Editing Team is daebak. Yes, they were surprised and happy that HJ had a makeover but more than that, they were just glad that she's back because they really missed her.

3. As I expected, SJ didn't make a fuss of her makeover. It's good because it confirms that he sees beyond physical appearance.

4. SJ's smile and the feels. My goodness! His body language while talking and welcoming HJ back says that he's ecstatic to see her but trying his best to contain his excitement. The hands, the smile, everything!

5. SJ enjoys HJ's company. He appreciates that she's on his side. He tries his best to cheer her up and encourage her. But HJ is so clueless. Haha! I find it funny because it can actually be true in real life, some people, they're just dense (not in an insulting way) to other people's feelings. SH is very upfront of his and she doesn't take him seriously (can't blame her, gawd I love SH to bits but if I were HJ, I will also have doubts if the guy is joking or not).

6. The hug at the end was very SJ. Remember that goodbye kiss he gave HJ when they were little. The guy is sweet, very sweet. He's just trying to hide all of his sweetness in this bossy, meanie facade. I'm no longer surprised in the change of his attitude because he just needed someone to break his walls. Earlier, I said that it will take a lot of convincing for me to accept SJ for HJ. I'm getting there.

7. Let's not forget, SJ still doesn't know she is the real HJ. HJ will still feel guilty if SJ confesses to her. He still has to know the truth. Argh. I don't think it's going to be smooth sailing for the OTP after this.

8. SH was right, the only way that it will be less painful for everyone is for HR to confess the truth to both SJ and HJ. And it's the only way she can redeem herself.

10. SH is really the most amazing BFF. Though we see everything that is wrong about HR, he continues to help her. That guy's heart is gold.

11. For those wondering why HJ couldn't do the makeover sooner, well because she didn't feel that she had to. She has a little money. She doesn't have enough to cover her student loans. Whatever she has, she would rather save to help her family.

12. The episode didn't do much in terms of moving the plot but it was fast-paced. I think that we will get to see a different view for some of the scenes in the next episode.

13. I had to pause my screen a few times when HJ and SJ are having their cute moments. I can't. Too sweet. :)

14. But we all know, in k-dramalandia, the sweeter it is now, the more painful it will get in the coming episodes. Be prepared chingus!!

I will wait until tonight to watch the subbed episode. And because I just discovered Park Seo Joon's charms (I know, I know, very late to the party), I might give WR a chance, no? ;) But I'm scared that I might fall in love with him too hard. :D

writernim..I am very disappointed with u..there is a scene which i believe not only me who felt insult but other muslims who is a fan of your drama and k drama will feel the same..you should do a thorough research before u do something that involve a religion..i sincerely hope that you will apologize about it..no one can simply say 'ASSALAMMUALAIKUM' ONLY MUSLIM CAN SAY IT TO OTHER MUSLIM..

What are you saying ? Then you should also do some research chingu All people can say "Assalamu Aleykum"  -_-

There is Nothing to be offended about  Non-muslim can say it

It's part of the arabic languages (as a greeting), there is christian arabic that say "Assalamu Aleykum" because it is part of the language even if at first it was only religious, but not anymore.

I think you know the meaning (=Peace be on you) we can say it to everyone and everyone can say it

Does it mean for you that non muslim don't have the right to have peace or wish for peace on others ? Think about it ^^

Anyway the cliffhanger I can't take it anymore ! X') 6 days left xD

First of all, thank you so much recappers! You guys make the wait for the subs bearable!

Initial thoughts based on recaps and clips:

1. I love that the show only spent a couple of minutes showing the viewers her transformation and the reason behind it was very clear. This is a girl who is determined to help her family and she will do whatever it takes to do so! I love that the beauty marks on her cheeks are still there when she's at home. :)

2. The Editing Team is daebak. Yes, they were surprised and happy that HJ had a makeover but more than that, they were just glad that she's back because they really missed her.

3. As I expected, SJ didn't make a fuss of her makeover. It's good because it confirms that he sees beyond physical appearance.

4. SJ's smile and the feels. My goodness! His body language while talking and welcoming HJ back says that he's ecstatic to see her but trying his best to contain his excitement. The hands, the smile, everything!

5. SJ enjoys HJ's company. He appreciates that she's on his side. He tries his best to cheer her up and encourage her. But HJ is so clueless. Haha! I find it funny because it can actually be true in real life, some people, they're just dense (not in an insulting way) to other people's feelings. SH is very upfront of his and she doesn't take him seriously (can't blame her, gawd I love SH to bits but if I were HJ, I will also have doubts if the guy is joking or not).

6. The hug at the end was very SJ. Remember that goodbye kiss he gave HJ when they were little. The guy is sweet, very sweet. He's just trying to hide all of his sweetness in this bossy, meanie facade. I'm no longer surprised in the change of his attitude because he just needed someone to break his walls. Earlier, I said that it will take a lot of convincing for me to accept SJ for HJ. I'm getting there.

7. Let's not forget, SJ still doesn't know she is the real HJ. HJ will still feel guilty if SJ confesses to her. He still has to know the truth. Argh. I don't think it's going to be smooth sailing for the OTP after this.

8. SH was right, the only way that it will be less painful for everyone is for HR to confess the truth to both SJ and HJ. And it's the only way she can redeem herself.

10. SH is really the most amazing BFF. Though we see everything that is wrong about HR, he continues to help her. That guy's heart is gold.

11. For those wondering why HJ couldn't do the makeover sooner, well because she didn't feel that she had to. She has a little money. She doesn't have enough to cover her student loans. Whatever she has, she would rather save to help her family.

12. The episode didn't do much in terms of moving the plot but it was fast-paced. I think that we will get to see a different view for some of the scenes in the next episode.

13. I had to pause my screen a few times when HJ and SJ are having their cute moments. I can't. Too sweet. :)

14. But we all know, in k-dramalandia, the sweeter it is now, the more painful it will get in the coming episodes. Be prepared chingus!!

I will wait until tonight to watch the subbed episode. And because I just discovered Park Seo Joon's charms (I know, I know, very late to the party), I might give WR a chance, no? ;) But I'm scared that I might fall in love with him too hard. :D

definitely true....i like ur comment..

Okay, I thought JW was too cute when he saw HJ for the first time. After the initial shock of seeing her new look, he ran over to hug 'noona'. In the background you see PH (back scratcher) with his arms opened wide like he wants to hug her too.  SH is too cute with his: "Ah seriously. What are you doing right now?"

I loved this scene. I also loved that HJ made steps to change herself, not look to anyone else to do it for her.  

I also loved the fact that SH is a man that appreciated the things about HJ that others criticized. LOVED IT!!

True he is adorable. Everyone was complaining about the workload he was the only that missed her and was wondering what she was doing. From the beginning he treated her well so it's no surprise that he's the only one HJ hugged.

It was nice to see that SJ realizes that he likes HJ--the two are just meant to be. I feel sorry for SH because I like him too.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't feel too sorry for HR because when she had a chance to stop before getting too involved, she chose to plow ahead on her wayward path using deception.  When SH reminded her that SJ was her friend's first love, HR cried and said but SJ is her first love two. The difference with HJ's first love is that it was reciprocated by SJ--she was also his first love. HR's first love is one-sided. 

It's nice to know her conscience was bothering her in the form of her tummy ache. Although she was determined to go after SJ, it shows subconsciously, it really bothered her to betray her friend who had always been their for her.  I thought the scene of a teenage HJ cooking HR a mean when she was sick very touching and heartwarming. 

I couldn't more with you. Honestly, I don't think she even likes SJ it's more like she liked being treated well. She could sense he wasn't into her, but she went along with it using HJ to get what she wanted so I can't feel sorry for her. It''s cool that she thinks she found someone she likes, but that's not the case for SJ. He doesn't know or want to know her all he sees his childhood friend HJ. HR used him and manipulated when he didn't any part of this.

Really? I didn't know this my neighbor says it to me every time he sees me and I'm not muslim. I don't think the drama did it to be offensive.

Okay, I thought JW was too cute when he saw HJ for the first time. After the initial shock of seeing her new look, he ran over to hug 'noona'. In the background you see PH (back scratcher) with his arms opened wide like he wants to hug her too.  SH is too cute with his: "Ah seriously. What are you doing right now?"

I loved this scene. I also loved that HJ made steps to change herself, not look to anyone else to do it for her.  

I also loved the fact that SH is a man that appreciated the things about HJ that others criticized. LOVED IT!!

True he is adorable. Everyone was complaining about the workload he was the only that missed her and was wondering what she was doing. From the beginning he treated her well so it's no surprise that he's the only one HJ hugged.

I couldn't more with you. Honestly, I don't think she even likes SJ it's more like she liked being treated well. She could sense he wasn't into her, but she went along with it using HJ to get what she wanted so I can't feel sorry for her. It''s cool that she thinks she found someone she likes, but that's not the case for SJ. He doesn't know or want to know her all he sees his childhood friend HJ. HR used him and manipulated when he didn't any part of this.

Really? I didn't know this my neighbor says it to me every time he sees me and I'm not muslim. I don't think the drama did it to be offensive.

It is not ^^

On a happy note... PAC time!!  

Panties, Coconut, Melon, Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake

crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif?1292792423 crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif?1292792423crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif?1292792423

Look @onnififi kuku bird and elephant trunk has made an appearance in ep 9 hahaha! devil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif?1292794645To those whom werent clear what onnififi's defintion of kuku bird and elephant trunk.. click it kekeke! When I saw this scene onnififi I was thinking of you.. so it seems I used the exact same words on my nephews while helping them for toilet training hahaha this cruel Aunty threatened to cut them if they dont aim properly. HAHAHA!

tumblr_nwa65aoRex1unrbkao2_1280.pngtumblr_nwa65aoRex1unrbkao3_1280.pngtumblr_nwa65aoRex1unrbkao4_1280.pngtumblr_nwa65aoRex1unrbkao6_500.png

Looks like our lead HJ has a pervy mind too.. WOAH! think of the possibilities she will take on when they finally get together.. shy-leaf-emoticon.gif?1292794625 

GUYS!

Ratings are out!

16.7%!!!!!!!!

Daebak! Hopefully this will awaken MBC that they shouldn't be messing with SWP since it is doing so incredibely well! Let's hope we will have a smooth broadcast next week so we can break 20% =D!

Good morning everyone!!

Wow the rating is awesome!! Amazing!! panda-emoticon-38.gif?1292863513 

To SWP team congratulation and hwaiting!! Lets do *throw the panties waves! Woohoo! Woohooo!! Woohoo!! Yeaahh!!  groupwave-smiley-face.gif?1302011374

tumblr_nojs3oLuF21tvtd3lo5_250.giftumblr_nojs3oLuF21tvtd3lo5_250.gif

@Bwear @SUNlight02 @gabi_lima_lol thank you so much all for the rating updates.crazy-monkey-emoticon-077.gif?1292792399crazy-monkey-emoticon-077.gif?1292792399crazy-monkey-emoticon-077.gif?1292792399

Asa lets start my daily dose cheers, with my one and only SWP dance. Here we go......Oooppsss someone is also doing the SWP dance!! And the music direction comes from the PAC Club!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeee our chingu @Kasmic has already started the beat!! Chingu wait for me! Lets do it together!!

crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif?1292792423 crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif?1292792423crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif?1292792423

Actually, Non-Muslims can and do say Assalamu 'alaikum. A lot of Arab and African Non-Muslims use this as a term of greeting. It's not a strictly religious greeting anymore. 

@ororomunroe

You are right to say that the Non-Muslims can greet Muslims but not the other way round. There's a certain response in return. "It's not a strictly religious greeting anymore." - I apologize to say this since Muslims have practiced this believes for years and this is absolute strict issue for ONLY Muslims. It is also stated in Muslim book of Holy (Al-Quran, Koran) and the Hadiths, however the Muslims must return the response to the greeting of the Non-Muslims in a manner. Well I watch the scene again and i think that @kaftanbatikcantik misunderstood the scene. The greeting was said by the MOST employee beside HJ to the Arabic guest. I don't see any wrong here. Please pardon this issue. 

----------

Alright we can stop with the religious issue here. Let us peace out, ok? ;)

Anyway MBC make it too obvious where all the celebrities walked at the red carpet- it's actually from drama awards events.lol  :P 

good morning prettiest..

omg you guys gif seriously make me wanna cry @Shajoona @nonski huks.. super sweet SJ and HJ.. :wub:

@@frankreich  lol thanks to pointed out.. i never notice that he caress her hand with his thumb.. hahaha

@suchadiva42 @onnififi you're welcome chingu..hehehe

@Kasmic HAHAHAHA CHINGUUUU..  kuku birds and elephant trunk finally appear.. lol.. are you part of the writernim @onnififi ?  

the rating sooo awesome.. cant wait for new episode next week.. btw episode 9 with engsub already released :wub:

BTS SIWON 

CRZ1DO-UcAAITOg.jpg

she_photo151014232124imbcdrama2.jpg

seriously that 2 pictures really my favourite.. soooo handsome :wub:

CRZ1DJ5VAAAxra2.jpgCRZ1DKyUEAEqw8N.jpgCRZ1DIxUsAAs0c7.jpgCRZ5hdoUwAAk_JM.jpgCRZ6KndU8AEtjun.jpgCRZ5gwoUcAALPip.jpgCRZ6LRQUYAAqFIZ.jpg

cr: imbc

I love the fact that our Main OTP's love is built on a much firmer foundation, way past appearances and physical attraction:

1) empathy and deep concern for the other:

HJ's presence and companionship whenever SJ relives the trauma of his and Mom's accident when he was 12; meals she buys for SJ on toxic workdays;

SJ's hidden gestures of care for HJ: onion, cold medicine, overcoming his repulsion by scouring the huge pile of cow manure  to recover HJ's ID, protecting her head in the midst of her drowsiness, accompanying her on her bus trip, etc.

2) a deep level of communication that's on the level of sharing insights and what is intimate to both: SJ's trauma of driving during rainy days because of the car accident which caused his Mom's death something he never shared with HR; HJ's reason why she places so much value on her company ID although she did share her thoughts and feelings about SJ with SH;

Isn't it also great that the beautiful young HJ loved and cared for the young fat SJ and how, many years later,  in reversed circumstances, the handsome and suave SJ loves the seemingly homely HJ?

@Kasmic

Finally picture proves as i stated in my last night post! Thank you!!! This is  what i meant. MOST employees suddenly experiences major haywire on their mind but even more i didn't expect for SJ to directly show an obvious and clear picture to HJ, even if he wanted to take times together with her! AH~ now i know why he caressed her hand in such a way when she was about to go to Yadong(Porn) Town. Omg... @onnififi eonnie, don't let these two out of the PAC VIP GUEST ROOM!!! HJ ah~ poor you not noticing his intentions!!! 

I AM BACK! and sick too, i guess i miss the show too much i fell sick lol. Ratings is over 16%??!?!?! YAY!! Only a matter of time before it hits 20%. So happy for them.

My thoughts on eps 9

• expected a lot, maybe too much, it wasn't the best eps of the series, but i understand that not every eps can be epic so next
  • SH cracks me up as usual, i am glad he is able to make a last impression before he enlist, i am not a SJu fan be i will be sad when hes gone. His character is so unique, like csy in ywcfts. 
  • for once i tot SJ figured out she is the real HJ (while he was driving in the rain). But judging from the promo, i guess he hadnt. 
  • SJ is also stealing the spotlight with his cuteness and supportive-ness of HJ.

nothing much, did not get a lot of feels in this eps, but when the ost played in the background when HJ and SJ sat next to each other after he was late for the event, that was gut wrenching. Cmon man! The lyrics kinda expressed HJs innner thoughts. 

Love this article :wub: Hopefully not repost :)

Unforgettable Lines from “She Was Pretty”

Unforgettable Lines from “She Was Pretty”

MBC drama “She Was Pretty” is maintaining its popularity at the top of the drama list and keeps the fans wanting for more.

Bravely abandoning her lovely woman image, actress Hwang Jung Eum displays excellent comical acting skills alongside actor Park Seo Joon who plays the heartbreaker.

Whether Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) will transform herself into a beautiful woman and end up with Ji Sung Joon or the new love story between Kim Shin Hyuk (Choi Siwon) and Kim Hye Jin will result in a happy ending remains to be seen.

For those fans who are eagerly waiting for the next episode to air, here are some unforgettable lines from “She Was Pretty.”

1. “There are times when my heart says ‘O’ but I want so say ‘X.’ Why? That’s because I don’t even know how I really feel. But the words I spew out without thinking at the moment actually say what I truly feel.” – Editor Kim Ra Ra at The Most Magazine (Hwang Seok Jeong)

hwang seok jeong

2. “I thought of this one day. In reality, some people live like they’re the main stars of the movie. And maybe some people live as though they’re supporting actors. Then perhaps, I’m just an extra who might as well be nonexistent who doesn’t even deserve a spotlight.” – Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum)

hwang jung eum

3. “They say your perspective of the world matches how much knowledge you have of it. Even though you never noticed someone before… once you get to know that person, more you see of the person.” – Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum)

go joon hee

4. “When two strangers get to know each other, an intersection of emotions forms between them. And when they least expect it, it becomes invisible to the two people. At the time, they don’t even realize that it can throw them into an unexpected state of confusion.” – Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum)

park seo joon - hwang jung eum

5. “Thanks for being my umbrella all this time. Next time we meet, I’ll be your umbrella.” – Young Ji Sung Joon (Yang Han Yeol)

yang han yeul

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/15/unforgettable-lines-from-she-was-pretty/

@TaenyT

Get well soon dearie! To cure your sick is easy- just watch the part where SJ showed an obvious picture to HJ (the bus stop scene), i promise this will be the recommended medicine for all the Pretties, Handsomies, Newbies and the lurkers too...hahaha :P Let's anticipate and wait for the MOST ep10 to broadcast! :)

@ilwoo_aein

Thanks dearie for the awesome article! It's true that SWP created lots of unique lines. The quotes from the line seemingly to be popular enough! So proud of SWP!!! MBC must understand why SWP is considered as an important drama.lol

------------

I read the news article that HJE unnie wanted Ji Sung oppa to make a cameo!!!! Omg unnie i love you!!!  Are you a part of us here? 

Archived