[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

6 minutes ago, seungshin said:

Episode 38 text preview....

“행복하게 해줄게! 나두, 당신!” 사랑한다는 해강의 말에 세상을 얻은 듯 기뻐하는 진언. 하지만 해강과 영원히 행복하고 싶은 진언은 저녁만 먹고 가겠다며 대문 밖을 나서고 해강의 집 앞에 놓인 맹독성 나무를 발견하고 놀란다. 한편 설리는 천년제약 앞에서 푸독신 부작용 피해자 피켓을 들고 1인 시위를 시작하는데...

Looks like there is some discussion about the meaning of EP 38 text preview so this is my translation:

Upon hearing she loves him too when she says 'I will make you happy too, dear!" JE is so happy he feels like he has the whole world.  JE, who wants to be happy with HG forever, says he will just have dinner and goes out the door.  He is surprised by seeing a 'deadly poisonous tree' placed in front of her house.  On the other hand, Seol Ri is holding a one person picket to protest the negative impact of PDX...

Never Korean English says this about the tree in question.  It is not a name of the tree rather it's a characteristic of the tree (i.e. poisonous).  It could be any number of trees.  Also the wording clearly says it was 'placed' in front of her house so it can't be what is already there.

Results of translation

맹독성 나무 - Deadly poisonous tree

As for JE, the wording says he is so happy that HG loves him but says he will go.  I don't get what this means but I would assume something happens in EP 38 to make him to do that.  Even if nothing more happens in EP 38, this has been his stance lately.  He loves her so much he has to leave her.  Well you guys all know what I think of that.  I am still hopeful the writer will give him a different stance.

Yeah me too. I also hope the writer will kinda make him different from the other dramas' leads. He's been already different so far

• Like 8

OMG ..... I almost missed another "Parallel" between Dramas. Can it be the start of a new trend in Korean dramas, maybe?

Like Shin Min A & So Ji Sub in "Oh! My Venus" --- And it's just as cold as it was for his character, when SMA's character suggested "Would you like to sleep with me holding hands?"  And she worried about his safety on the long drive back to Seoul late at night.  So sweet & thoughtful of her.  Matter of fact, it worked out so well they kept the habit until the end of the show!

I was going to bring a great screen cap I found under "Google --images", complete with a caption where they are holding hands, fully dressed, covered with blankets, and holding hands ---So Cute!  But I was afraid it would be a problem!  Just use your imagination!

• Like 6

Oh, @Kehinde, Please thank the person who gave you the Instagram  on p.572-- "chupa.chups1229" --- When I "clicked" on that link and scrolled to the right, enjoying so many great photos & videos --- There was a full and complete video clip of the actress who plays Woo Joo running up, delivering her Doll, and reversing & running full face to the camera!  All that I could not see in the SBS TV  videos!

It was just adorable.  She didn't even cause a disturbance!  So cute!

• Like 7

@sunshinefate

Thanks for your consolation! I guess I have to be hateful for at least they were together in bed:phew:

@juntan

It is very possible that they were two separate scenes, because the attires were indeed different.  On the kitchen and supermarket scenes, JE wore a navy blue sweater with white collared shirt underneath, while on the bed scene, he wore some kind of white shirt (Did he take off his sweater? HG wore a different top as well)

@mdj101

IKR!  'Bed scene' in k-drama simply means a scene of the couple in bed (fully dressed, covered with blankets). It was a bed scene, alright,  but it was a different one than what we thought.  Now I just realise I am such a greedy viewer.  

I am still excited for the episode, though!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, deandraluv said:

IKR!  'Bed scene' in k-drama simply means a scene of the couple in bed (fully dressed, covered with blankets). It was a bed scene, alright,  but it was a different one than what we thought.  Now I just realise I am such a greedy viewer.

always:lol: i've seen a lot of k-drama..that's what they called a bed scene in small tube...but in movie.... W O W..... you don't even think  they can do that, even though is just an act.

now at least we can see them together in bed, for the whole 37ep. not even once that they have a scene in bed except that one particular ep. when JE got sick, that they need to slept together just to show to HK mother that they are in good terms.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, trust71 said:

p.s.....can somebody enlighten me....when did MTS give 5billion won to DHK?

@trust71 It was (ep 30 beginning) when HK met up with TS to tell him she wants compensation for '4 years of time lost and having almost twice died under TS' orders'. USD$5M/$5B won, a position back in CNP and JE to be sent back to research. Also for YK's safety.

iy5Nr8p.jpgknsQqhc.jpg

@jadecloud so is this drama also being popular in china? Or not? Can someone tell me how popular this drama is in Korea, China, or anywhere else? I hope this drama will be getting more and more popular as it is getting near the final

@sunshinefate Yes it is popular in China, and with international viewers like us too. As for Korea, even though the ratings has been dismal, according to recent news coverage and subsequent interviews of writernim and OTP, it seems IHAL has created a fandom phenomenon, one that defies 'idol' and conventional ratings mechanism. Me too, I hope it will be wildly popular.

@seungshin Thank you for translation and clarification of preview text. About JE, I agree the text is being ambiguous. On purpose. Guess we'll only know when we watch it play out. 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, trust71 said:

always:lol: i've seen a lot of k-drama..that's what they called a bed scene in small tube...but in movie.... W O W..... you don't even think  they can do that, even though is just an act.

now at least we can see them together in bed, for the whole 37ep. not even once that they have a scene in bed except that one particular ep. when JE got sick, that they need to slept together just to show to HK mother that they are in good terms.

What about in ep 23? Was it not considered as a bed scene when haegang was on the hospital bed and jin eon finally joined her?

4 minutes ago, jadecloud said:

@trust71 It was (ep 30 beginning) when HK met up with TS to tell him she wants compensation for '4 years of time lost and having almost twice died under TS' orders'. USD$5M/$5B won, a position back in CNP and JE to be sent back to research. 

@sunshinefate Yes it is popular in China, and with international viewers like us too. As for Korea, even though the ratings has been dismal, according to recent news coverage and subsequent interviews of writernim and OTP, it seems IHAL has created a fandom phenomenon, one that defies 'idol' and conventional ratings mechanism. Me too, I hope it will be wildly popular.

@seungshin Thank you for translation and clarification of preview text. About JE, I agree the text is being ambiguous. On purpose. Guess we'll only know when we watch it play out. 

I hope this drama's broadcast right will be bought by many countries. Glad that it's popular

• Like 10

@jadecloud   thank you ...so nice that you did not answer only text  but also together w/ screen recap

16 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

What about in ep 23? Was it not considered as a bed scene when haegang was on the hospital bed and jin eon finally joined her?

LOL  that's hospital...not there private place...maybe considered? but that scene is the amnesiac DHK...not the wife DHK :dizzy:

• Like 5

After watching ep. 37 fully subbed, I feel even more confused, esp. about what happened on that day in the mountains.
What is the significance in the testimony that MH had probably broken his bone and was bleeding so badly because he "threw himself against the rock?" What was that man saying?
And JE's painful response to his question, that they are both his fathers.

Let me go back over your comments and insights.

On 1/14/2016 at 10:43 AM, iamtaken said:

. I think they are going to start spending more time with one another for that month of shared memories and without either of them planning every thing out, they will have a game plan just by being more with one another. 

He knew that HG knew that YG's fiance was killed but he goes out and says it out loud and is not making any bones about having no holds barred war now. Now HG has to really careful about what she says to BS and BS can not present any evidence the provenance of which can be traced back to HG. 

@iamtaken, I hope so. Both for their success in getting control of the company, getting rid of the evil, and their future work together.
Regarding MTS, as I wrote above, I got the chills when he told HK that the man was murdered.

I am asking myself about client/lawyer confidentiality.  HG is not really MTS' lawyer. She is CNP's lawyer. Her duty is to CNP.  If she finds out about a crime such as murder committed by one of the company's executives, is she really under law, not allowed to divulge that?

I do like the actor, Kong Hyung-Jin . I don't recall having seen him in anything else. Does he usually play an antagonist role?

On 1/14/2016 at 0:24 PM, mtm89 said:

But at the same time, I feel that HK is not completely a sinner. I feel that she puts herself in a situation where she is perceived as a bad woman because by doing so, she can resolve the problem.  When I see her actions I think that we have to keep in mind what BS said to YK: 'don’t forget that what you see isn’t all there is'. I hope that SR will be able to realize this by the end of the series because I feel that behind HK meaning words, there is a desire to help her.  I just figured out that all that I wrote was about HK lol. It’s just that I love her character so much hehehe

@mtm89, I think most of us feel similarly about HK. She sure is one brave woman, who does not have the need to claim her position to the world. Her actions speak louder than words.  I noticed SR addresses her as unnie.. Is that really an appropriate address from a mistress to the legal wife? or is it because of BS's connection she can do that?

On 1/14/2016 at 0:59 PM, seungshin said:

JE just wanted her to pull out of the trial and take her out of the gutter (CNP).  He wanted to take to a far away island and when that didn't work, he wants to make nice memories with her together (this is waaaaaaay too lame for me for the lead character !!!!!!!!!!!!).

@seungshin, I think JE wants to protect HK,  now that he understands what it was like for her working in that company as the hunting dog, and realizing what she is up to now. He did not understand before, and their daughter got killed because of it. Now he wants to shoulder it all himself.  He needs to realize that they are better doing it together.

@mdj101, Ji Jin -Hee so young and cute looking in those videos. I could not watch them all, because some of them no longer available. But I liked what I did see and the music of Jo Sung-Mo. Love also the video you posted of the script reading. Large photos of that are on pages 5, 6.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, jadecloud said:
13 hours ago, zagigirl said:

I think he wants to make her feel better...single mothers usually think their child gets in the way and man don't like such women and someone elses kids

...and in a way he's still in denail of his feeling for her...he uses WJ ;)

I agree GS wants to make YK feel better. Also, I think it's his 'clumsy' way of confessing he likes her. He's already told her 'it's fine with him to have heart-beats for him' and then, seizing the moment and taking it further, he suggested for them to start dating. And, I feel that for GS to say to single mom YK that he loves her because of her child, that means he's telling her (albeit clumsily) he loves the 'whole package'. That's gotta be a huge comfort to single mom YK. :) If I were YK, that would be the seal for the proposed deal...hehe :D

aaah, makes sense! she did say that if she wasn't a single mother, she would find him fascinating as a single woman. so it was his way of telling her that it was okay to like him because he likes WJ too. :D

• Like 11

2 hours ago, jyfan88 said:

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=433&aid=0000014663Hey guys! I think KHJ did a photoshoot recently and got interviewed too. The link is above. Its all in korean but its still great to look through the photos :wub::wub:  Seems like a DHK personality for the shoot :D

here is another link from dispatch, click to see more pics from the photoshoot.

could anyone give us the summary of her interview. 

ahhhhh BED scene, wow I want another ES, please please

• Like 9

@deandraluv, I love your post about JE personality and HK's personality, and the DISC personality (pg. 568). It also makes sense to me, because in a relationship one is usually the leader. We have come to expect that would the man, but as you pointed out, that is not always the case.

On 1/15/2016 at 8:30 PM, kikotaichou said:

Anyone in this forum willing to share their drama list and ratins from mydramalist ? Nothing more disappointing that wasting so many hours on a drama only to find that it doesn't suit my taste. I figured since many comments here have mentioned some dramas that I really liked I can pick from your lists. Thanks in advance to those that do decide to share.

@kikotaichou, @sunshinefate, @Kehinde, @Lmangla   @lenet,     -  Regarding recommendations from page 569

Spoiler

Like some of you, I prefer complex story, and I like crime/revenge drama too. Thank you all for your drama recommendations

@Kehinde       I too, loved both "Punch." and "Two Weeks," as well as "Healer", and also "Nine: Nine Times Travel" (one of the most complex interesting scripts I have come across)

http://asianwiki.com/Punch_(Korean_Drama)

http://asianwiki.com/Two_Weeks_-_Korean_Drama

http://asianwiki.com/Healer

http://asianwiki.com/Nine:_Nine_Times_Time_Travel

@Lmangla, you are the 2nd person to recommend to me "Beautiful Days" and "Sons of Sol's Pharmacy."

You know I loved "Scandal".   One of these days I will watch "Winter Sonata" and "Suspicious Housekeeper"

"Love me if You Dare" was my first Chinese drama and I loved it. It was such an intense crime drama, and made me love Wallace Huo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Me,_If_You_Dare_(TV_Series)

I too, drop quite a few drama, so my ratings is up to that point.

@lenet, I have had other people on Soompi recommend "Love in Heaven."  Also, "My life in Cheongdamdong" was highly recommended by many. I am so glad that Viki started subbing it (and I am watching it very slowly)

Upcoming drama that I look forward to that are similar about revenge or crime fighting: "Goodbye Mr. Black;" "Local Hero aka Neighborhood Hero," " Signal," and "Vampire Detective"

If you want I can PM you my DramaList too... and would love if you PM me.

@Siewh, Welcome to IHAL thread   :)

@chubbychub1966, Thank you for text preview for ep. 38 and translation.

@gerrytan8063, thank you much for translating the text preview.

On 1/15/2016 at 2:14 AM, andy78 said:

i know the feelings...it was so hard to do the recaps...some friends just skipped first 9 ep ..

@andy78, Thank you so much for your perseverance in doing those recaps!  Yes, I know some skipped it, and also per @mdj101's recommendation, if you are joining now, you can read recaps on Ninja Reflection (link on page 1)

On 1/15/2016 at 3:00 AM, juntan said:

SR is the next character to look out for. I somehow feel her switching side to help DHG. However, like HG, she too needs to divert the attention of MTS & his Mrs. Eventually, the best evidences to bring the jokers downfall may be in her hands. Personally, I don’t think  she hates HG so much to want her fail.

@juntan, interesting observation. We already know from the preview, that SR is going to start picketing in front of CNP, because of PDX.  She may very well, join HG in the fight, once she realizes what HG is really after.  And in that, we may see SR's redemption. (although, I still think she may die in the end too.)

On 1/15/2016 at 3:07 AM, iamtaken said:

To me the fundamental thrust of IHAL is that for two people to live and grow together, love is necessary but not sufficient. There is no point in IHAL where JE and HG do not love another.

@iamtaken, Love your post on page 569. And I agree with you. I do think, though - that HG that we now see, is also a bit different that the HG that we saw in the beginning of the drama. Remember how when she was amnesiac she told JE she loved him, and he told her he never heard those words from her. Even she was shocked at that. Now, apparently we will hear her saying that with full memories in ep. 34. The four years she had spent with BS and the kids and their dad made an impression on her, and help to soften her too. That opening of hers, is still there. Like you, I want her and JE to take this next battle on together.

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

• Like 16

21 hours ago, lenet said:

It's quiet tonite:) I have another drama to suggest.  It's a melodrama in 2005 by Lee Tae Gon (actor opp Park Han Byul in  One Well Raised Daughter) and Yoon Jung Hee.  Really good one called Love in Heaven/Dear Heaven/Dear God - 85 episodes.:D if you can take the marathon. 

Another hilarious sitcom-like My life in Cheongdamdong in 2011.  I laughed a lot watching it:D It's JTBC I think for this one -170 episodes (half hrly):P

wait, I have watched this love in heaven!!! hahahaha... just didn't recognize the name... yea, the 85 episodes seemed a bit too much but it goes by pretty quickly once the story begins because you keep waiting for everyone to find out the secret..... so many dramas that I forget the name! hahahah...

@sunshinefate ~ if you like rom-coms, try the drama "bad couple" if you haven't seen it. loads of laughs. it does turn a bit melo towards the second half but it is not too bad. http://asianwiki.com/Bad_Couple

• Like 8