[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

1 hour ago, jadecloud said:

You're right that what YK's halmoni wrote (and was subbed) 'wae yi do' wasn't about any reference to 'Uido Island" which is shaped like a 'cow's ear' or 'that JH has an herb garden there'. Halmoni actually got the spelling correct (sorry halmoni for doubting your hangul :D).    외 이도 (Oe-ido) meant 'external ear' while 우이도 (u-ido) meant 'Uido' (Island). From what YK was telling GN in today's ep, she said her halmoni died of 'external ear' cancer, and yet she thought it was some island's name. (LOL just like moi) 

Hence, halmoni meant to indirectly let YK know about her terminal illness. And no wonder (ep 2) halmoni was sad as she 'pretended' to be asleep while YK went through her 'learning hangul' notes. What do you guys think?

I caught that in EP 37 too @jadecloud.  The writer must have seen our discussion about the meaning of 'wae yi do' :)  since she had YK say something like 'what kind of a name for cancer is wae yi do?  It sounds like an island or something' (Sorry I'm jgoing by my memory and paraphrasing here).  I thought that was funny and sad.  That YK has such sense of humour I love her so much.  So this is well settled @mdj101  Only if every other puzzle in the drama were solved so cleanly :)

• Like 14

Thanks to the super alert, discerning viewing of friends in this thread, I learnt about the puzzle of `wae yi do'! I did not connect this when YK was talking about it to her mother in ep 37. I really like it that YK is optimistic and has such a lovely sense of humour despite having gone through so much hardships in her life. 

• Like 12

Guest my2centsworth
3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@my2centsworth, I've actually been holding back on commenting on this subject. The drama Mask which I had looked forward to for a long time, killed me with some of the craziest, illogical plots--she's in the car on the side of the cliff and instead of calling 911, she calls and leave a goodbye message to her family; then she play phone tag with he evil brother in law. I won't go into him diving into the water to save her knowing where she was on the cliff after a deer caused her to have an accident.....I'll stop there (there is so, so, so much more).  Thankfully, there is not a lot of that in this drama, but the most blinding illogical plot line that has been shown several times is an attorney, my beloved BS,  leaving his office unlocked while no one is there. That he will leave important documents unsecured. NO ATTORNEY would EVER do such a thing. 

The other pet peeve is JE's mother dementia.  It was used to conveniently deliver nuggets of information to SR and now the rapid dementia seems to almost  have disappeared. My mother had dementia and my sisters and I attended a number seminars, conferences and forums organized by a group for alzheimer caregivers.  We were able to come into contact with a lot of great doctors, mainly neurologist, that taught us a lot. More than that, we met a doctor who had this drug cocktail that helped our mother tremendously. It didn't stop her dementia, but it slowed down it's progression. However, there was not a day that we weren't reminded that she had dementia. JE's mother was suffering from a rapid form of dementia from what was depicted in the drama, she realistically should still be showing signs.

Okay, got that off my chest. 

In total agreement with you the dementia.Tell me why when we near the end of a drama sometimes things go a little haywire. It's like the writer is running out of steam and doesn't know which way to go now. To me there are too many long scenes with only music in the background and JE and HK are just looking at each other, walking, following the other, standing outside the building where they live, etc. I feel we are getting more questions that answers right now and that is going to leave too many loose ends for the writer to cram everything in the last few esps. I have so enjoyed this drama, but somewhat bored with it right now.

18 hours ago, deandraluv said:

In conclusion, we have seen enough instances when JE showed his remorse and apologized to HG.  It was not only when she resented him.  We may agree to disagree on this, but  I just needed to share how I see JE in a different light.  

you explain it in detail how does JE did his own way of asking forgiveness to DHK for his cheating... he never use word but by action w/c have more bearing.

• Like 14

Episode 37

Some highlights

While TS finds HK is eliminating his cronies in the midst of seeking vengeance for her twin sister YK as well

Ts uses 2 Synonms idiom Il Seok Yi Jo (일석이조, 一石二鳥 literally is killing 2 birds with one stone, the other is  Il Jeon Ssang Jo (일전쌍조 , 一箭雙雕 , literally shooting one arrow & hit 2 eagles simultaneously) means doing one task that will ended up doing dual purposes

HK called YK telling that she had seen their father's photo from Chairman Choi

HK could hear YK munching away on the phone & asked what it is, she is eating....YK replies that it is Somyeol (멸 - it is a combination of Soju (소주) & Myeolchi ( 멸치, anchovies), HK read the meaning wrong thinking that Somyeol (멸) as to mean "defunct" or "extinct". YK appalled & tells her sister HK that she had no sense in the reality of life. HK tells that she will have Somyeol with YK once the case is over. YK then tells HK that Chairman Choi had render a large sum of money in the name of their father for WJ medical expenses. HK is horrified to hear as YK tells how could Chairman Choi dispense that kind of money with such ease

As for the shares that everyone is holding at the company

Choi Ji Eon shares 20,269,500 (17.71%) 

Do Hae Gang shares 11,309,654 (10.50%) 

Hong Sae Hee (Hui, JE Mother) 10,425,733 (9.75%)

Choi Jin Ri shares 8,456,450 (7.21%)

Min Tae Seok shares  5,600,000 (5.52%)

Scene where JR attempt to slap HK as she block her

HK: The palm of my hand...I would think....is in comparison to yours...larger.....it best that you put some restraints on yourself....if perhaps that this manner is to be repeated again.....at that time I will be sure that my hand will be the first to strike...kindly exercise some courtesy towards me.....be forewarn....in caution

• Like 16

Writernim surely does love parallels. In ep 37 - Parallels which show both HK and JE, IMO, being conflicted over the past and the inevitability of each (perhaps eventually) having to let go of the other despite their mutual love. Also, dichotomously, each with their own fear of not being able to hold on to the other due to the circumstances they are in as a result of events in the past

• JE due to MH's stealing of SHS from JH to build CNP, and probable murder, and not just! cos JE will find out MH was the mastermind behind Mido's Shin's downfall and ES' death, and whatever else yet unknown;
  • HK due to her obedience(unethical biddings) as a hunting dog to MH, which prompted her disregard of PDX's harm and her involvement in KSY's death, and whatever else yet unknown. 

In the court room: (JE holds HK's hand, which surprises HK since he has been telling her to keep her distance, just a day ago)

JE: Why? Don't want to hold my hand? You probably don't know. But I'm holding your hand right now with much difficulty. I may even let go of you in future. Hence, please do as I say today.

TOfPRGI.jpg4Gxpm6n.jpgEcYgcdJ.jpg

In the restaurant: (HK returns from the restroom after her private time of shock and sadness, suggests it's time to go home, on their way out, HK drops her clutch and hugs JE)

HK: Why? Surprised? You probably don't know. But I'm holding on to you with my dear life right now. Hence, stay still/don't move.

khKdLkr.jpggt1S58u.jpgGVa9uys.jpg

They both clearly want to protect the other, and want to do what's right, motivated by their own self-decreed penance and penitence, for the other. Argh. So agonizing! This couple is 'killing' me slowly with their superb  performances - the mutual stares with eyes that speak volumes, the mutual agony with facial expressions that show depth, the mutual tenderness in spite of their predicament :tears:

• Like 22

10 hours ago, zagigirl said:

HK and BS can't talk about work...but she did tell him to go to that station WJ's dad died...to take some fresh air...right...she knew he'll conclude the same thing about his death as her

Yes she did, and I thought it was clever how she said it.  'Why don't you check it out you need some fresh air' etc. she said something like that.  She was obviously trying to stay within the bounds of the legal professional code of ethics.  Chances are in real legal world, she is not supposed to socialize with the counsel from the opposite side especially while a case is on trial.  Be that as it may and if we accept that this is a drama and they can break the rule within limits and go all makjang at times (ie. why would BS send his staff away in the middle of the day and be all alone when MTS walks into the office, and.............. how could that man all covered up like a thug walk right into his office and steal the documents hidden in the framed certificate?).... I thought this scene told me something more significant about DHG and future episodes.  

I feel she would have made sure pre-amnesia that she didn't break any laws or the professional code of ethics.  She wouldn't have risked being disbarred or being criminally charged.  She is too smart for that and her career and lawyer license too important.  MTS is salivating at the thought of sending her to jail but I feel she would have herself covered. Hopefully the writer will not let us down on that front.

• Like 14

16 hours ago, seungshin said:

MTS is salivating at the thought of sending her to jail but I feel she would have herself covered. Hopefully the writer will not let us down on that front

i think she was prepared for a worst....that's why 4yrs ago she kept a lot of evidence against JR and MTS.

just silly QUESTION......using illegal means for winning your case ...is their any bearing for losing you lawyer license?.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

HK could hear YK munching away on the phone & asked what it is, she is eating....YK replies that it is Somyeol (멸 - it is a combination of Soju (소주) & Myeolchi ( 멸치, anchovies), HK read the meaning wrong thinking that Somyeol (멸) as to mean "defunct" or "extinct". YK appalled & tells her sister HK that she had no sense in the reality of life. HK tells that she will have Somyeol with YK once the case is over. YK then tells HK that Chairman Choi had render a large sum of money in the name of their father for WJ medical expenses. HK is horrified to hear as YK tells how could Chairman Choi dispense that kind of money with such ease

I guess we won't be able to see YK and HG having soju together with anchovies as a side snack.  (I don't know if you noticed but sitting right next to the dried anchovies is a bowl of red pepper paste.  The hot stuff).

Wait a minute.  Can the PD make a scene of HG and YG in it together?  May be but that would be hard wouldn't it?  I think they had a scene of SIG playing two roles together in King of High School but not for long.  It would be incredibly difficult to have a long conversation scene at any rate between HK and YK.

In the above scene, YK was teasing HG by saying 'since you drink wine all the time you wouldn't know the taste of soju with anchovies' to which HG responded she would drink soju with her, with anchovies.  There is so much the twin sisters need to learn about one another.

By the bye, K Drama watchers are now used to Koreans having soju with BBQ meat in a restaurant or with tteokbboki or soondae (blood sausage) etc in pojangmacha (street vendors).  But long ago when Korea was not so affluent people drank soju with dry fish of some kind.  Dry squid or anchovies and red pepper paste to spice it up (the same stuff used to make tteokbboki) was very common.  Ironically dry fish have become more expensive now and they are mostly used for cooking real meals but back in the day that was the cheap stuff of choice for drinking soju!  

I thought this scene was brilliant for showing the 'class difference' between the two sisters with the creative trope but at the same time bringing them closer together.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, trust71 said:

i think she was prepared for a worst....that's why 4yrs ago she kept a lot of evidence against JR and MTS.

just silly QUESTION......using illegal means for winning your case ...is their any bearing for losing you lawyer license?.

Absolutely. Lawyers cannot break laws. They have legal obligation to uphold the law.  They can do pretty much anything and everything except breaking laws. If they are convicted of criminal wrong doing, the Law Societies / Bar Associations reserve the right to disbar them.  Lawyers can be disbarred for less than that (ie. mismanagement of trust money).  That's not to say lawyers don't do a lot of things that seem immoral and unethical but they cannot be convicted of criminal wrong doing.  A line they can't cross.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, seungshin said:

I guess we won't be able to see YK and HG having soju together with anchovies as a side snack.  (I don't know if you noticed but sitting right next to the dried anchovies is a bowl of red pepper paste.  The hot stuff).

Wait a minute.  Can the PD make a scene of HG and YG in it together?  May be but that would be hard wouldn't it?  I think they had a scene of SIG playing two roles together in King of High School but not for long.  It would be incredibly difficult to have a long conversation scene at any rate between HK and YK.

In the above scene, YK was teasing HG by saying 'since you drink wine all the time you wouldn't know the taste of soju with anchovies' to which HG responded she would drink soju with her, with anchovies.  There is so much the twin sisters need to learn about one another.

By the bye, K Drama watchers are now used to Koreans having soju with BBQ meat in a restaurant or with tteokbboki or soondae (blood sausage) etc in pojangmacha (street vendors).  But long ago when Korea was not so affluent people drank soju with dry fish of some kind.  Dry squid or anchovies and red pepper paste to spice it up (the same stuff used to make tteokbboki) was very common.  Ironically dry fish have become more expensive now and they are mostly used for cooking real meals but back in the day that was the cheap stuff of choice for drinking soju!  

I thought this scene was brilliant for showing the 'class difference' between the two sisters with the creative trope but at the same time bringing them closer together.

In ep.29, HK and YK were drinking together.

Screenshot%2B2015-12-16%2Bat%2B10.20.27%

Cr: http://www.ninjareflection.com/2015/12/i-have-lover-episode-29-30-recap.html?m=1

• Like 10

I'm glad he told her this so she can drop the act. I was wondering why she acting this way(hugging JE, held his hand) ...she finally stopped pushing him away. Thank you JE for being so straightforward and honest(pointing out her act, telling her about their fathers) with HK. They finally had an honest conversation without either one acting while eating.

• Like 18

17 hours ago, seungshin said:

Wow I guess they did.  Interesting YK is drinking soju and HG wine.  Did you notice their chairs look very different?  It must have been quite a shot to edit :)

somebody post it here....they hire an extra ...same body built of KHJ....for the role in shooting if the twin have to face its other.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, seungshin said:

I feel she would have made sure pre-amnesia that she didn't break any laws or the professional code of ethics.  She wouldn't have risked being disbarred or being criminally charged.  She is too smart for that and her career and lawyer license too important.  MTS is salivating at the thought of sending her to jail but I feel she would have herself covered. Hopefully the writer will not let us down on that front.

I couldn't agree more. I too think HK may have been MH's hunting dog, but she would not have 'crossed the legal line' being a top-notch lawyer herself, and very smart. Her disregard of harm from Pudoxin, harm to Mido's Shin and also to KSY, all were perhaps done to garner confidence and trust in MH. Because her long term goal (and dream) is to own CNP, together with JE, him working on research and invention of new drugs, while she will be working on marketing and legal aspects. Only then can she be certain that subsequent versions of the likes of Pudoxin will not be produced and made available for sale, that only good and beneficial drugs will be produced and made available to the public.

• Like 14

@seungshin --- Just a note to say where Grandmother's "homework" can be seen --- I had looked it up once so I could mention it if it came up --- Not that I'd kept good notes from the start. So before I forget, here is the location:   Episode 2 /37:26 mins. Haven;t finished reading your entire post yet!  @jadecloud --- I like your new ever changing avatar picture/drawing od KHJ. Can't help missing dear old "Big Bastard", but now he has those 2 cute little"Twin Baby Bastards to tend!

And @zagigirl,  I think that two hands reaching for each other and holding on tightly represents our hope for their happy ending, too.   :blush:

• Like 12