Guest ororomunroe

27 minutes ago, Reyko said:

@fortune01teller sjs movies and dramas ive seen so far are really good , i enjoyed MS alot but for some reason i like OMV better, i wish he just sing and not rap but i admire and respect him because he is tenacious and he pursues his dream...i wont look down on his efforts or choices just because they do not conform with mine

Same sentiments as u.  I enjoyed master's sun and urge everyone I know to try watch it.. but I love omv more..  I think sma is really great in her acting and their chemistry is even better than ghj and sjs..  (though some may have different views but I accept everyone views things differently..  to each his own) I too cannot stand sjs rapping??  It's just weird... I wish he just stick to acting which is fantastic...  but I guess that's his love/hobby so I respect that as well.. I saw some weird photoshoot he did before and it was ho-ri-ble to the Max... I just want to erase those phtoostoff my mind.. I think he is qwirky in his ways... he claims he is an introvert... so I guess he has some weird inner thoughts too which the public don't know...

Nevertheless I like him in acting and understand his preference of keeping low profile to keep the public always interested in him... a strategy that made him very popular. There's also hardly any scandals of him with any actress too... what a mysterious man!!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest julie721
58 minutes ago, rain719 said:

Welcome to the club!!!! who says it's only misery that loves company?? the crazies too luv luv company and the more the merrier!!

hear hear @Lissabonni@jemmaca a drama with sec min as the story line would be makjang and depressing!!!  rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009  rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009  poor sec min..... but as a saving grace, I have a feeling he will be very instrumental in our OTP's love story.... that is, if SJS does not revert back to his "typical (melo) drama"!

Bold part.... @rain719 I might misunderstand this, do you think Alberto Min would make move on KJE while KYH stay at hospital???? Tsk tsk tsk... Then Alberto (Min) will battle with John (Kim).. Totally Makjaaaaang!!!! -I think it's true that I've lost my mind LOL-

@Reyko and @zeppy10 

SJS's first song that I heard was 'pick up the line' and that is the weirdest  video I've ever seen. Except that I'm not fan of hip -hop music.

But I think his rapping skill has been improving and I don't know why but I like his songs 'so love' and 'boy go'. He is better than many famous idols.

His voice is very low-pitched which sounds good when he speaks but when he sings (like he does 'snow-flower' song) at high notes, his voice turns scratchy. So it's better for him to rap and mumble where his voice still sounds  'sexy'.

He does smoke in real life which will be harming his lung capacity for years. So if he really takes his rapping career seriously, he should quit smoking and should learn breathing exercises.

On the other note I hope he start eating carbs and fats and regain his weight. He looks painfully thin to me.

13 minutes ago, julie721 said:

Bold part.... @rain719 I might misunderstand this, do you think Alberto Min would make move on KJE while KYH stay at hospital???? Tsk tsk tsk... Then Alberto (Min) will battle with John (Kim).. Totally Makjaaaaang!!!! -I think it's true that I've lost my mind LOL-

whaaaat???? in his dreams!!!! he will make a move on @Lissabonni and was it  @jemmaca (or vice versa) - may the best woman win! and yes, I think you've lost your mind!!! I maybe crazy but not crazy enough to think that!!! You've just raised the bar girl!!  not-worthy-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949003not-worthy-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949003not-worthy-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949003

@Reyko and @zeppy10 It's not like I'm saying that he is silly for choosing those projects and I didn't enjoy his dramas and movies. But the thing is I want to see him in stellar work and want him to be remembered even after 100 years for choices he made and artistry he showed.

I want to see him as a 'great' and 'beloved' actor not just as a 'popular' and 'handsome' actor. Specially when people have started to think that he has become old (Although I don't understand how can a 38 years person can be considered old. There are actors in another countries who start their career at that age.)

It would be nice that his few next projects will be movie by critically acclaimed directors where he could challenge himself and even could have more international recognition. I want him to be 'quality' actor from now on.

- I also know it's not his fault that he don't get such offers because his agency is not that powerful and you have to play a lot of politics to get desired projects.

So my concern is only regarding to his future.

47 minutes ago, zeppy10 said:

Same sentiments as u.  I enjoyed master's sun and urge everyone I know to try watch it.. but I love omv more..  I think sma is really great in her acting and their chemistry is even better than ghj and sjs..  (though some may have different views but I accept everyone views things differently..  to each his own) I too cannot stand sjs rapping??  It's just weird... I wish he just stick to acting which is fantastic...  but I guess that's his love/hobby so I respect that as well.. I saw some weird photoshoot he did before and it was ho-ri-ble to the Max... I just want to erase those phtoostoff my mind.. I think he is qwirky in his ways... he claims he is an introvert... so I guess he has some weird inner thoughts too which the public don't know...

Nevertheless I like him in acting and understand his preference of keeping low profile to keep the public always interested in him... a strategy that made him very popular. There's also hardly any scandals of him with any actress too... what a mysterious man!!

I don't think it's a strategy because SJS is very shy and an introvert - from what I read a loooong time ago and this was coming from one of his bffs - the late park yong ha.... (I was crazy about him too - but not in the same magnitude with SJS or LJJ) so SJS name would come up in some of his interviews... like how they would call SJS to join them for drinks, he'd show up later than the rest but always ends up paying the bill! he's a very keen businessman which he learned from his other bff SHH.... he doesn't like raising his voice and he strikes me to be a very gentle person! At least his smile is not a dime a dozen - that I like! It adds to the mystery!

2 minutes ago, rain719 said:

whaaaat???? in his dreams!!!! he will make a move on @Lissabonni and was it  @jemmaca (or vice versa) - may the best woman win! and yes, I think you've lost your mind!!! I maybe crazy but not crazy enough to think that!!! You've just raised the bar girl!!  not-worthy-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949003not-worthy-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949003not-worthy-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949003

Still working here but laughing like a crazy woman with your makjang expectations!!! And everyone is staring!!!!

Chief Min, in a good KJE's fashion, I want a ribbon in your head! Muahahahahah

10 minutes ago, rain719 said:

I don't think it's a strategy because SJS is very shy and an introvert - from what I read a loooong time ago and this was coming from one of his bffs - the late park yong ha.... (I was crazy about him too - but not in the same magnitude with SJS or LJJ) so SJS name would come up in some of his interviews... like how they would call SJS to join them for drinks, he'd show up later than the rest but always ends up paying the bill! he's a very keen businessman which he learned from his other bff SHH.... he doesn't like raising his voice and he strikes me to be a very gentle person! At least his smile is not a dime a dozen - that I like! It adds to the mystery!

I saw in one of the interview that he said he kept low profile and not always appearing in variety because he thinks it's good to stay abit mysterious and let others be curious about him.... one of the interviews I saw on YouTube......

30 minutes ago, fortune01teller said:

@Reyko and @zeppy10 

SJS's first song that I heard was 'pick up the line' and that is the weirdest  video I've ever seen. Except that I'm not fan of hip -hop music.

But I think his rapping skill has been improving and I don't know why but I like his songs 'so love' and 'boy go'. He is better than many famous idols.

His voice is very low-pitched which sounds good when he speaks but when he sings (like he does 'snow-flower' song) at high notes, his voice turns scratchy. So it's better for him to rap and mumble where his voice still sounds  'sexy'.

He does smoke in real life which will be harming his lung capacity for years. So if he really takes his rapping career seriously, he should quit smoking and should learn breathing exercises.

On the other note I hope he start eating carbs and fats and regain his weight. He looks painfully thin to me.

I din even listen to the songs..   I saw snippets of the video and I was like??????????  OK. I want to remember him as actor. Fullstop.  

Lol!!!!!

Guest julie721
32 minutes ago, rain719 said:

Aaaaaargggghhh... I'm sorry for being ignorant to @Lissabonni and @jemmaca and all Chief Min fans here... I should have now better... As my apology I will cheer to these ladies, Go.. Go.. Go.. Aja2 hwaiting!!!! :rolleyes::w00t::phew:

Sorry I only can cheer for you, I'm not good editing image to make Alberto Min with pink ribbon on head (Alberto as Christmas present... You naughty you!!! Lol)

@fortune01teller now you mention SJS hip hop songs, I'm so gonna find it. I'm curious!! I know he released hip hop songs but up until you mention it I never have urge to check on it... Lol not a fan of hip hop 

6 hours ago, fortune01teller said:

@AvidRomComFan  I agree with you too. I'm so glad the way writer has done KYH and KJE's characterization. I'm sure I know at least a dozen women who are just like KJE. Her fighting spirit, friendly nature and high self-esteem always remind me of them. Even I'm like KJE in many ways.(I also don't throw the things given by the people I loathe.) Same goes for KYH. I really get annoyed at the way rich men( I think even not so rich men) are portrayed in the k dramas. They are literally jerks and I don't think a normal woman will ever fall for them. But the welcoming vibes given by KYH is really refreshing.

I think communication is the core of their relationship and miscommunication is the core of every k-drama plot which I find totally  annoying. So if I'm going to name this couple I'll call them 'LOGICAL COUPLE" or 'FUSS-FREE COUPLE' or 'TO THE POINT COUPLE'.

I'm sure KYH will not have amnesia, disability or coma scenarios. I think his pain will be visible to halmoni and his father. They will be ashamed on themselves. His knee will be healed in ep 13 and 14. KJE will not heal his body to the health but will heal his relationship with his blood relations and make them realize what he has gone through. 'Accident' will be the device to bring family close. 

I don't think there would be other way halmoni or father going to know about the pain of KYH. In a scene KJE will surely tell them about this.

In episode 16 he will finally will be welcomed like a real kid his ancestor's home and will get married to KJE and halmoni will force him into it. WS will marry OSJ as the second best choice after KJE.

KYH and KJE will help OSJ come out of her depression while WS will have expression of self-loathe for his entire life.

PD Go will be sorry, JS will have his mom  and JW will see his family.

YJ will be alright and Hyeran will throw out her brother Choi. KYH will take YJ into his wing just like JS and JW and YJ will enjoy company of sis-in-law KJE.

KYH will help his father to fight his disease. KJE will make him smile and talk. Hyun Woo will meet halmoni and offend her with her weirdness.

KJE and OSJ will be powerful team of lawyers.

Uncle choi will eat the dirt.

There will be no noble-idiocy or separation or serious illness.

Time jump will be for courtship of KJE and KYH before getting married.

Hope pharma daughter get married to JW.

There will be loads of laughter in next 4 episodes.

I KNOW YOU ALL ARE THINKING I'M HELL OF AN OPTIMISTIC PERSON BECAUSE I REALLY AM (Didn't I tell you I'm like KJE)

My first post in here. So I just read a few latest comments. *cross fingers* that something will happen along this line. After watching the end of ep 12 I just went "nOOOO" and my brain stopped functioning. I can't think of anything good that will happen for the rest of the episodes besides cliches/typical kind of scenarios. Let's hope for the best and continue loving the drama. Especially SJS.:heart:

20 hours ago, ayu_adams said:

I might have missed the explanation somehow. But can someone tell me the logic behind the YJ's uncle saying "Unless something happens to YH then YJ's life is over".. I don't get it. What was the trigger that made him want to crash YH's car after YJ got hospitalized? And why did YJ try to kill himself?

I what I understand from the uncle words that he thinks if KYH disappears/not existed then KYJ will be a new director in Gahong. n KYJ won't be hospitalized now. 

aigoo .... just like what YH said 'the uncle is too greedy' :blink:

Guys you should read his interview from 'Gentlemen' magazine from last year. Just go to his thread and search page 908 and 926 and you'll find it. I always find his interviews interesting because he's so honest in it and i can understand now why he's so popular in SK.

Btw, i just discovered thru OMV that sung hoon is such a hotie and he acts well too! Hope he'll get more screen time :)

53 minutes ago, zeppy10 said:

I saw in one of the interview that he said he kept low profile and not always appearing in variety because he thinks it's good to stay abit mysterious and let others be curious about him.... one of the interviews I saw on YouTube......

I din even listen to the songs..   I saw snippets of the video and I was like??????????  OK. I want to remember him as actor. Fullstop.  

Lol!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha....

My brain also said 'The End' but heart kept saying believe in the kid. And now he is almost a teen.

My humble request; please give poor baby a second chance.....then maybe third.........maybe forth.......

I feel one day will come when he'll not disappoint us.

29 minutes ago, beingdramatic said:

My first post in here. So I just read a few latest comments. *cross fingers* that something will happen along this line. After watching the end of ep 12 I just went "nOOOO" and my brain stopped functioning. I can't think of anything good that will happen for the rest of the episodes besides cliches/typical kind of scenarios. Let's hope for the best and continue loving the drama. Especially SJS.:heart:

Surely something like this happen. Believe in "fortune-teller'

Maybe KJE will also give legal help to halmoni.

OSJ and WS will be caught doing something nasty.

Uncle Choi in the jail.

39 minutes ago, julie721 said:

Aaaaaargggghhh... I'm sorry for being ignorant to @Lissabonni and @jemmaca and all Chief Min fans here... I should have now better... As my apology I will cheer to these ladies, Go.. Go.. Go.. Aja2 hwaiting!!!! :rolleyes::w00t::phew:

Sorry I only can cheer for you, I'm not good editing image to make Alberto Min with pink ribbon on head (Alberto as Christmas present... You naughty you!!! Lol)

@fortune01teller now you mention SJS hip hop songs, I'm so gonna find it. I'm curious!! I know he released hip hop songs but up until you mention it I never have urge to check on it... Lol not a fan of hip hop 

@julie721 I also dislike the genre but I have the habit of checking the music made by every actor I know. Just go and explore SJS's music to have better understanding of his character.

1 hour ago, rain719 said:

I've heard about his habit of paying the bills several times and by several mouths. As from my knowledge of palmistry and astrology I can surely tell you he is the 'giving person' and such person happen to attract a lot of 'receiving persons'. They keep hurting such person deeply due to their habit of not returning back that's why they(giving person) end up having few friends. They could even end up marrying 'receiving person' and may be traumatized by them life-long. That's why I want SJS to marry really carefully.  

15 minutes ago, fortune01teller said:

Surely something like this happen. Believe in "fortune-teller'

Maybe KJE will also give legal help to halmoni.

OSJ and WS will be caught doing something nasty.

Uncle Choi in the jail.

I hope so too. I believe in you "fortune-teller"!

I just want the drama to end nicely and is given lots of love.

6 hours ago, jemmaca said:

O

So I am pretty certain this is the funniest thing I have ever read on Soompi forums. My adult son does not watch k-dramas (but has seen SJS in A Company Man) and I read it out to him and he laughed heartily too. He especially liked the last line.  I confess I laughed until tears flowed at your posting just one page earlier but the one above cut out all the extraneous words and was 100% goodness. True comedy gold.

So I know your description was not at all serious but it did remind me of another SJS show. One I liked even though there are no dramatic moments. One Sunny Day is full of healing and sweetness. A simple story of two people who spend a couple of days together on Jeju. They don't even exchange names during those days. There is no kissing and no half naked bodies. There isn't even a hangnail.  It is very short (~2.5 hours total) and I would recommend it to anyone who is still interested after my scintillating description. And if that includes you hushhh then you may wish to skip the bit of dialogue I have included in the spoiler link below. Otherwise go ahead and read as it mirrors your post and does kind of make me wonder exactly what SJS is looking for in scripts these days.
(Actual spoiler for "One Sunny Day" - You have been warned)

Hide contents

SJS's character: The dramas I like to watch are about couples who don't fight, don't misunderstand each other, or get sick. They just live happily ever after.

KJW's character: that sounds so boring. Who would watch something like that?

SJS's character: Us

I confess I would watch the show he describes too :)

-----------------------------------------------------
And of course I was planning to leave @rain719 a picture of Choi Jin Ho but I see that won't be needed as her most recent post of pictures has him in every one. Clearly you are falling for his charms now too :P

OMG/OMV!!!! 

Thanks so  much for sharing!

That dialogue is so dramatically aware and so funny.

I have never seen a drama starring SJS and SMA. Therefore, when there is a new drama starring them both, I am interested to see it. Looking from the title and the name of the players, certainly the story of romance. I love it.
Initially I hope the writer of this drama gives an interesting storyline considering that SJS and SMA are popular today. But I can honestly say that I do not find the "challenge" of this drama. The number of episodes that only 16 episodes, almost 3/4 part of the drama is filled by the love story of two main characters who sometimes look childish. They were two adults, right? A lawyer, about 32 years old and a prospective heir, at least about 35 years old. I prefer the relationship between SJ and WS. Although their relationship up and down.
Description of the other characters in the drama are given very little to the audience. The inauguration of the heir to the company as CEO, who previously feared would happen furor because of the identity of the heir was revealed by the media, it was only a short event. What is the purpose of a PD to go to America? What kind of scandal that has been done by a JK, so he was hounded by the media and the was opposed to become CEO? , CF girl character which is very annoying (characters that only patch). What is the right of a half-uncle, who demanded half brother (different mother), is inserted into the circle heir. It's obvious that the company is family-owned mother line. How's the girl pharmacy which will be an arranged marriage? she was also present at the inauguration ceremony, right?
All the stories were not much developed.
Stories swirling just on weight loss programs, easy to fall in love and jealousy among friends.
I think the climax of this drama is on episode 12, in which the male lead in an accident.
Hope in the remaining 4 the next episode, the story more reasonable.
If it is allowed to compare with other famous drama (FTLY) with the same number of episodes (16 episodes) and the main players are well-known, frankly, the drama "OMV" short of expectations. Both have the story of "Cinderella Story", a woman comes from ordinary people who meet the heir protected by a wealthy grandmother, FTLY story is full of conflict.
I do not blame the two main actors, I just wonder why they chose that project.
I hope, in the next project, they can be more selective in choosing roles and stories. No problems with "Cinderella Story", no problem with kissing scene (I love it too) but with characters that are more challenging. I believe both are able to play it. And it is unfortunate if their acting skills are not developed to the roles that are more challenging.
I am sorry for the fans "OMV" and fans of both the protagonist. Has no intention of anything.
As the fan of drama, at least we want to watch a drama that is closer to reality, even if a drama is just a drama.

@hrkharis from what I know (as a longtime SMA fan), she chose this drama because she's recently been interested in playing more mature/realistic roles for her age (she's 32 korean age). Like her previous movie role in My Love, My Bride, she wants to portray a relatable character in KJE and personally I think she's done a great job. 

To each is own but I really think this drama is a breath of fresh air because of the openness of the OTP to one another. Even if it hasnt done so well in ratings it is definitely one of the shows I'll repeat watching. Cant wait for the preview this weekend!

Archived