Girl’s Day Receives Wave of Criticism Due to Behavior on AfreecaTV

The Girl’s Day members have found themselves on the receiving end of a wave of criticism following their behavior on their recent broadcast on AfreecaTV. On the show, host Choi Kun proceeds with an interview and facilitates communication with the group via viewers’ comments. Girl’s Day, however, appears to often ignore Choi Kun, speaking amongst themselves […]

The post Girl’s Day Receives Wave of Criticism Due to Behavior on AfreecaTV appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Petra Tikkanen

I'm Dai5y, but I feel disappointed. They have been idols for long time and should know how to behave in TV.

Guest mwoyahhh

Too tired and too hungry too care? Hmm..maybe..probably...I dont understand korean so I won't say much but the way it was shown..well, at some point, it was kind of rude..Oh well, whatever... I hope that their feet will remain in the ground while they're flying to success and popularity right now. Still, I wish the best of luck on their comeback though.. ^_^

The broadcast is a mukbang so they're supposed to eat plus they have to interact with the fans. It's not an easy thing to do;> It was also shot at midnight after a full day of schedules. Before criticizing take into account everything

Guest cristiank_pop_141a

I really thought that was false but as I saw the video I noticed that they really ignore Choi Kun I really feel sorry for him I'm a fan of girls day but let's be honest they were rude with him

Guest abyakko

Do you people have any understanding of what happened, you ignorant and hateful people? Can you actually point to something specific that GsD said or did that was outrageous given this situation? Shame on you.

Guest abyakko

I'm Dai5y, but I feel disappointed. They have been idols for long time and should know how to behave in TV.

Then kindly leave the fandom and don't look back because nobody will miss you. Do you understand anything about anything? Do you know what 꽁트 is? Shame on you.

Guest elenskivios38

GMRC GOOD MANNERS and RIGHT CONDUCT! i like GD but...even how tired and hungry they are they should know how to behave and respect especially in front of MC and camera while eating,i hope this will be a lesson for all K-Pop girls .

Guest abyakko

GMRC GOOD MANNERS and RIGHT CONDUCT! i like GD but...even how tired and hungry they are they should know how to behave and respect especially in front of MC and camera while eating,i hope this will be a lesson for all K-Pop girls .

What's the lesson? Do you understand Korean? Do you understand what the MC said and did? Do you understand the broadcasting situation? Be specific. Any fool can sling general insults at anyone.

Guest cristiank_pop_141a

Do you people have any understanding of what happened, you ignorant and hateful people? Can you actually point to something specific that GsD said or did that was outrageous given this situation? Shame on you.

No matter what the situation is it's all about good manners when someone it's talking you should wait until he/she finished and talk thing that girl's day completely ignore and who is being hateful it's pure honesty

Guest abyakko

@soompi Dear staff, I think that you should look into the subsequent explanation broadcast by MC 최군. It seems to me that only presenting the reaction of ignorant netizens is sloppy journalism at best. Perhaps that will stop further ignorant netizens from making a fool out of themselves in public.

Guest azaraa999

I guess it is easy to pinpoint or pick on someone. Before we make judgments, we have to understand the characteristics of this show. Is it this type of casual show that intends to show certain guests' laid-back, casual behavior in funny way or to induce laughter through guests' foolish acts and fun talks. If it is, then their behavior suits this funny or foolish concept of the show. If it is not, it is little too crazy. It is not like they are in their home or friend's house and eating, screaming, and making stupid comments without any meanings. They look little dumb and it is like they starving. However, they are not the worst. You can see worst behaviors in American TV. I guess Korea is not America.

Guest abyakko

45 minutes ago, abyakko said:

No matter what the situation is it's all about good manners when someone it's talking you should wait until he/she finished and talk thing that girl's day completely ignore and who is being hateful it's pure honesty

If you don't understand the situation how can you judge what is and isn't "good manners"? Did you understand the words that came out of MC's mouth during the broadcast?

There is no excuse for ignoring the host...that is the reason you are on a show is to promote. I didn't see this show, and I like GSD, but I actually can believe this happening as I've seen their mannerisms in other shows. They are nice girls, but a little too casual for their culture sometimes.

Usually when an idol group goes on a talk show, there are "designated speakers" in the group..those people that respond mostly to the questions unless a question is directed specifically at a singular person. The others are there to look interested in whatever "thing" is offered..in this case food. I've noticed in more than one Korean show where food is the main focus like this though...they eat like they are glutons...(can't stand that type of show where they push massive spoonfuls of rice in their mouths at one time.). The idea I guess is to show how much you are enjoying the food, but to me it can just look "pigish"!

If we are truthful, I'm sure GSD could actually be starving because it's comeback season...they may only get an apple a day for weeks just to get their weight down below 100...especially Yura because her normal hourglass figure has to look cohesive with the super skinny other girls.

If they removed the video it must really not be good.

More teenage girls making drama out of nothing. Probably started by anti fans. If you don't like the way they are acting on a show change the channel. Too much censorship for a democracy.

Archived