Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Hahaha! Who is correct? Yon or SYJfan? Maybe watch again?

I've posted the followng in BYJ's Quilt and Joon's Family. Let's see how the guests here fare

All or most of you should have watched it by now... you think you know the whole story, the details....... or do you? See if you can answer any of the questions below. They all have bearings on your understanding of the movie, so if you are going..."Har? Got meh? Didn't see that. Don't know what you're talking about..", well, maybe you had better watch it again.

Tiff, this is a pretty good questionnaire and i'm reserving this until I see April Snow and hopefully that will be SOON. So are you watching it again?

Thanks for the link Liezle ..... :)

Carol dear, thank you for the captures. You've captured a very beautiful smile of D Man. Geez, I'm missing him. When can we see him again?

Btw, i think KOB is down especially Talk Box section. I guess most of us is thinking the same reason as to why :) crazy...

:blink:

Hahaha! Who is correct? Yon or SYJfan? Maybe watch again?

Good morning ladies.... Hi Liezle !..... I went to Singapore last weekend with many of my friends, all YJ fans, to see April Snow in Singapore and we had a wonderful time!! We were wearing our specially printed YJ t-shirts and we took lots of photographs at the theatre! In fact at every single poster of April Snow that we could find! Even at the April Snow Special Combo Meal promotion poster. oh my....come to think of it, we were like little teenage girls.... :lol: As for the movie, all of us loved it! I'm surprised that some people find the story complicated, boring and so on. For me, the story line was rather straightforward. Yong Joon acting was great. He looked gorgeous in the movie! After reading many negative reviews, I went in the cinema with an open mind. I came out satisfied! I just loved the ending.... :D

As for Tiffany's questions :P .... I'm don't know the answer for No. 11 ..... too engrossed looking at his handsome face!...:lol: the scene was so so beautiful.....

Now let me try answering Tiffany questions..... :lol:

1) In March

2) Night time at the cafe opposite their hotel

3) At the restaurant where they were having sashimi

4) In Su (who was in Seoul) received a call from Seo Young and they met up in Seoul

5) At the restaurant beside the beach

6) Nope. He died early in the morning at 3.23 am. She came back later.

7) Yes (in my opinion). 'Cos he was crying so bitterly in his hotel room after she left.

8) The last time I saw it was in In Su house , the same time when he ate his noodles alone

9) His house

10) a year later ..... in Spring ....

11) ...sorry...I didn't notice...too engrossed with his handsome looks! :lol:

12) Where should we go ? Where do you want to go?

Any wrong answers please do tell me...... I just saw the movie twice in Singapore but will be watching it over and over again over here in Malaysia! :P

Good morning ladies.... Hi Liezle !..... I went to Singapore last weekend with many of my friends, all YJ fans, to see April Snow in Singapore and we had a wonderful time!! We were wearing our specially printed YJ t-shirts and we took lots of photographs at the theatre! In fact at every single poster of April Snow that we could find! Even at the April Snow Special Combo Meal promotion poster. oh my....come to think of it, we were like little teenage girls.... :lol: As for the movie, all of us loved it! I'm surprised that some people find the story complicated, boring and so on. For me, the story line was rather straightforward. Yong Joon acting was great. He looked gorgeous in the movie! After reading many negative reviews, I went in the cinema with an open mind. I came out satisfied! I just loved the ending.... :D

Carol, I'm so happy for your and your friends. Again I envy all those who were able to watch it. Did you had the chance to meet some members from the Joon's Family? Hopefully we get to see AS before October ends.

Guest tiffany

Carol, for a person who watched only twice, you are pretty good but you will still need to rewatch to get all the answers. Try again for the followng questions.

Some of them are wrong and some of them are only half correct:

Question 5,6,9 and 11

For Question 7, there are indicators. For Question 8, you must be able to tell me the condition of the plant.

Hope you had a wonderful time in SG. :rolleyes:

SYJfan, hide your answers lah, no fun for the others liao.

Guest frances

I went to Singapore last weekend with many of my friends, all YJ fans, to see April Snow in Singapore and we had a wonderful time!! We were wearing our specially printed YJ t-shirts and we took lots of photographs at the theatre! In fact at every single poster of April Snow that we could find! Even at the April Snow Special Combo Meal promotion poster. oh my....come to think of it, we were like little teenage girls.... :lol: As for the movie, all of us loved it! I'm surprised that some people find the story complicated, boring and so on. For me, the story line was rather straightforward. Yong Joon acting was great. He looked gorgeous in the movie! After reading many negative reviews, I went in the cinema with an open mind. I came out satisfied! I just loved the ending.... :D

hey carol , finally, you've seen AS !! just what Liezle said, we're still hoping to see the film before the end of Oct...crossing our fingers & toes ;) btw, just for the record, i've read more positive reviews than negative...that is, not counting the kr media <_<

[VOD & Translation] - the making of CF for Ettoday

posted by cam in BYJ's Quilt

Yong Joon playing soccer :)

Ettoday CF Making

Thanks Liezle for the link..... :)

.... cute Yong Joon .....

tw19sb.jpg

hey carol , finally, you've seen AS !! just what Liezle said, we're still hoping to see the film before the end of Oct...crossing our fingers & toes ;) btw, just for the record, i've read more positive reviews than negative...that is, not counting the kr media <_<

Frances dear, hope that you, Liezle and all the phils baesis would be able to see this wonderful movie soon! It's worth the wait.... ;)

Carol, nice capture of Yong Joon kicking that ball :) I would love to see him play soccer, I'm sure he's pretty good at it too.

Frances, so quiet noh? I tried using babel in some of the news in KOB and all i understand, if i'm correct is that Yong Joon is included in a ranking again but i don't know what ranking though...in the babel there was japanese, japan, hand, handprinting etc. gggrrr....

Carol, for a person who watched only twice, you are pretty good but you will still need to rewatch to get all the answers. Try again for the followng questions.

Some of them are wrong and some of them are only half correct:

Question 5,6,9 and 11

For Question 7, there are indicators. For Question 8, you must be able to tell me the condition of the plant.

Hope you had a wonderful time in SG. :rolleyes:

SYJfan, hide your answers lah, no fun for the others liao.

Hi Tiffany , hmm....now I must rewind the movie in my head....it's all in there!....hahaha... and yes, I had a nice time in Singapore ... my only regret is not being able to see the movie for the third time! ;p

The combo meal.... 2 shows and an overdose of popcorn! Popcorn has been banned from my daily menu for a month! :P

spg0iz.jpg

spg13de.jpg

Maurice posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

BYJ, joins in top film actors in Japan

[sports Chosun]10/17/05 12:13

5ar70058.jpg

'Yon-sama' BYJ will have his shoulders side by side with top stars in Japanese film industry.

The Nikan Sports reported that BYJ's hand model will be also displayed in 'Mimoo's Plaza' in Hibiya, Tokyo where hand models of 70 stars representing Japan like Mihune Toshiro, Katsushitaro, Mijora Hibari, etc.

BYJ is the second time for foreign star to display hand model there following US actor Tom Cruise in the last year.

BYJ's hand model was produced at the time of his visit to Japan in the past August, and is scheduled to be moved to the 'Mimoo's Plaza' on coming 22. This model of 19.32 in length from middle finger to wrist will be erected near Tom Cruise's hand model.

On the other hand, the film 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' featuring BYJ, which is screening in Japan, is renewing top box-office record of Korean film. As the box-office income only broke 2.3 billion yen(about 21 billion won) until 16 since it opened on 17 of the last month, proving by itself the Yon-sama hot wind.

The Nikan Sports made evaluation that displaying his hand model in this time signifies that BYJ gets the equal treatment to that of top actors in Japan.

Reported by Lee Jeonghyeok, jjangga@

Copyright ¨Ï Sports Chosun

Guest vignette

I'm back!!!! Finally I got to post here. I've been missing all my soompi sisters and I've been nagging my ISP provider to fix my connection but for now I have to be content to post at an internet cafe.

Liezle, I tried calling last Saturday night just to share my excitement in seeing the AS poster in Glorietta. I already made a formal letter to Sky Films to get more info on the playdate. I plan to watch the movie everyday and savor the experience of seeing him on the big screen. I'm also calling Cinemanila to get the screening schedule for Untold Scandal. Ahhhhh, what I'm willing to do all for Yong Joon.

My views after third viewing

Today I watched AS for the third time.

Yon and me were 50% correct.

The first time it was "What ....", the second time was "Where..." and the person posing the questions was In soo in the first instance and then Seo young at the end of the movie.

The scene showing In soo eating noodle alone was interesting. Seems he had moved out on his own after parting with Su jin. The interesting bit in this scene was the pot of plant above the boxes of belongings which In soo was staring at. Whether it was elegant, artsy or silly to hide such details from the audience, I am not sure.

At the scene where Seo young sat in the cafe and watched In su through the window of her room, today there were audience crying and blowing nose.

To some audience, April Snow is about the love between In soo and Seo young and how it started under extraordinary circumstances.

I think the Director could not make up his mind. He removed scenes showing In soo and Seo young strolling in the park and holding hand for the first time and he removed scenes showing them kissing for the first time watching a cinema. Why? Maybe he wanted the audience to guess did the two get together out of revenge and out of their own desperation. But fortunately, once they got together, the audience could only feel the new found love. Suddenly, both In soo and Seo young were calmer in their outlook and there was no more sorrow or hatred towards the betrayal.

The Director mishandled the script I think. AS would have been better if it was simply a beautiful love story of the two. Perhaps it would have touched more audience.

While trying to keep the audience guessing, the highlight and most powerful scene in the movie ended up in two scenes where audience could feel the love of In soo and Seo Young.

200511295530570.jpg

The first scene: Seo young, watching with anticipation at her window. Her face broke into a contented smile when she saw In soo venturing into her room, thus convincing the audience of her joy discovering that she had a place in In soo's heart. But in an instant, her mood turned sorrowful realising the longing that she wanted more than a place in his heart. At the final instant, she weeped uncontrollably when she understood she could not possess his love. Finally the audience could feel the emotions in the movie.

The second scene: In soo crying in his room. Again the audience learnt of his love for Seo young was more than for revenge.

Like a book which is not clear, the writer is at as much as fault as the reader. No one wants to watch a movie a few times to piece up what is happening in the movie. Even in such movies, the scripts had to be skillfully done. In this case, it was a case of bad story telling. If Director Hur wanted to keep the audience guessing, then he should have put in more scenes of confusion, anger or sorrow on the betrayal even after In soo and Seo young got together. Otherwise, the movie ended up as not having a well defined theme.

Other than die-hard fans of BYJ and Ye jin, I can understand why the neutrals were not moved by AS.

Translated and posted by cam in BYJ's Quilt. I hope that we can get a vod of this soon :)

Btw, hi vignette! You're in an internet cafe? Geez, what seems to be the problem with DSL my friend can't access soompi too. I was out last Friday and I was told by friends that AS posters are in the cinemas already. :)

[Trans] - from the set of the Ettoday CF

Ettoday.com 17/10/05

BYJ snapping away with his own camera.

Speaking Chinese without re-take during CF

(1)

[Yong-sama] if one day BYJ gives up acting he may consider working as a photographer. When he was shooting the ETtoday home shopping commercial recently, he snapped away with his long lens camera, taking pictures of the staff whenever there was a chance. The well-known French photographer Christian Chambenoit who was holding the camera for this commercial said : ¡°his camera is even better than mine, he looks like a professional photographer¡±

(2) Looking so serious at work

The filming of the advertisement for ETtoday¡¯s anniversary celebration was taken at the WooTai mountain forest park in Kangwon Province, South Korea. BYJ managed to restrain his usual smile while he was working. His facial expression and manner were very serious. But he soon restored to his natural relaxed state when he was taking a break. He took pictures of the staff on site with his own Canon 1DS Mark2 Camera. His technique may even be up to the standard of a professional photographer, given that he has read and studied photography as a amateur.

(3) Fell flat on his face when playing soccer

BYJ often voices his opinion during shooting, he thought that when speaking in Korean his lips would not match the dubbed Chinese voice. Suggesting that he should speak Chinese during the shooting. The staff on side then teased him in Chinese saying, ¡°Can you do it?¡± He cheekily imitated and repeated the saying back to them. They were surprised by his vocal talents as his pronunciation was near perfect.

He seemed so full of energy. After filming, he played soccer with the staff, but somehow fell flat on his face, giving nearby staff a real fright as they jumped out of their chairs. But he picked himself up quickly, waving at the others to say he was alright, and continued the match. His manner was both calm and graceful.