Kam Woo Sung 감우성

JamaicaK

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ilaria82

Yaaaaah, a thread for GWS^^I'm so happyyyy^^ After watching K&C I like him very much: he's a really talented actor!! I also watched Alone in Love and I find it brilliant!! A drama that managed to portray originally, but mostly in a down-to-earth way what being together as a couple really means!! And well..he's a very good-looking man..that's smt always appreciated^^ I'm dl now Crazy Marriage^^I'm very curious about it! Did u guys also watched his other movies? Did u like them?

And thank u for all the pics and the info^^

homurathank u for posting those images: he looks so caring towards his wife*__* they0re a really nice couple :D

That's so cute, his wife brought everyone snacks! I finally ordered the box set for "Alone in Love", I'm so excited that the extras have English subtitles! Can't wait for it to arrive, I'm sure I'm going to be addicted to it all over again!

Japanese magazines :)

KOREA INTERVIEW VOL. 2

koreainterviewvol21yl9.jpg

koreainterviewvol22au9.jpg

koreainterviewvol23ay6.jpg

KNTV GUIDE September 2006 issue

kntv01qp5.jpg

kntv02gz1.jpg

kntv03gb2.jpg

kntv04ah5.jpg

Did u guys also watched his other movies? Did u like them?

Welcome, ilaria82. Nice to see you here. :blush:

I've watched almost every GWS movies (except for "A Bold Family"). :sweatingbullets:

The sexiest GWS I've ever seen was "R-Point" and "Spider Forest" :D:D:D

but actually, among the characters he's played, my favorite one is Jang-saeng and Yi Dong-jin :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest soulrebel

It's GWS birthday!!!

HAPPY.BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! ^________________^;;

Homura..i've seen the cf but i was so confused by it!! XP

cuz the cf is for an apartment rite??? the appartment is in Korea??? then y the cf is done in Malaysia?? T_T

How was K&C receive in Japan???? Anyone knows??

LIFE.IS.FULL.OF.MYSTERY!! XD

Homura..i've seen the cf but i was so confused by it!! XP

cuz the cf is for an apartment rite??? the appartment is in Korea??? then y the cf is done in Malaysia?? T_T

I don't know why they shot the CF in Malaysia. :P

Maybe, the Korean construction company has a plan to build something in Malaysia? :D

How was K&C receive in Japan???? Anyone knows??

King and the Clown is not yet officially released in Japan.

I've read some reviews written in Japanese, and most of them are so positive. :rolleyes:

Guest soulrebel

Ah....I still dont get it!! rofl XP

but GWS is so suave n HOT in the cf!! *drools* XD

I'm so glad to hear bout the positive reviews homura..^_____^;;

K&C will officially release at the end of the year in japan rite.

WoW..they making gud progress now XD

n with the oscar buzz!!! <33

so happy for k&c family!!! XD

so glad that finally there's a woo-sung thread... absolutely love him in Alone In Love...

i guessed that i'm jus obsessed wif de show.. its sooooo good...

went on to watch his crazy marriage... and king's men...

wonderful acting by him..

• 3 weeks later...

The AWARD WINNERS of the 14th Chunsa Film Festival

http://www.chunsafilmfestival.com/

"King and the Clown" won 2 awards : Best Actor (Gam Woo-sung), Best Supporting Actor (Jang Hang-seon)

* Best Film : Hanbando / 한반도

* Best Director : Kang Woo-seok (Hanbando) / 강우석

* Best Actor : Gam Woo-sung (Jangsaeng - King and the Clown) / 감우성

* Best Actress : Kim Hye-soo (The War of Flowers) / 김혜수

* Best Supporting Actor : Jang Hang-seon (Cheoson - King and the Clown) / 장항선

* Best Supporting Actress : Kim Su-mi (Barefoot Gi bong) / 김수미

* Jury' special award = Park Jung-hoon (Radio Star) / 박중훈

* Best Producer = Choi Yong-bae (The Host) / 최용배

* Best Script = Jang Min-seok, Park Eun-young (Our Happy Time) . 장민석, 박은영

* Best Cinematography = Yun Hong-sik (Blue Swallow) / 윤홍식

* Best Lighting = Yi Gang-san (The Host) / 이강산

* Best Music = Yi Dong-jun (Lump Sugar) / 이동준

* Best Sound Effect = Kim Seok-won (Hanbando) / 김석원

* Best Visual Effect = Jang Hee-chol (The Host) / 장희철

* Best Costume = Kwon Yu-jin (Blue Swallow) / 권유진

* Best Film Editing = Shin Min-gyeong (The War of Flowers) / 신민경

* Best New Director = Yi Hwan-gyeong (Lump Sugar) / 이환경

* Best New Actor = Eom Tae-woong (Family Tie) / 엄태웅

* Best New Actress = Yi Bo-yeong (A Dirty Carnival) / 이보영

* Hallyu Culture Award = Lee Byeong-hun(이병헌), Jang Seo-hee(장서희), Jeong Chang-hwa(정창화)

* Most Popular Actor = Kim Seung-woo (Woman on the Beach) / 김승우

* Most Popular Actress = Kim Hye-soo (The War of Flowers) / 김혜수

Best Actor = Gam Woo-sung (Jang-saeng, King and the Clown)

11ow8.jpg

Best Supporting Actor = Jang Hang-seon (Cheoson - King and the Clown) & Dir. Lee Jun-ik

12lh8.jpg

Guest globosapien

KWS is awesome.

i loved him in "alone in love" it was a treat to see him and SYJ fire it up on screen. they were very compatible.

he's married right? does he have any kids?

Guest majou99999

Hi to all Gam Woo Sung Fans,

A group of the "King and the Clown" fans have worked together to develop an unofficial fansite to champion "King and the Clown" (Wang-ui namja).

Please come visit our site and share your thoughts with us.

http://www.wang-ui-namja.com/

This is a sketchy website, and we welcome all your feedback and input. Please do not hesitate to email us at submit@wang-ui-namja.com with the appropriate heading.

Please send us whatever you have - news, articles, pictures, links, wallpaper, etc. – to add to the site (use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law.)

Fair Use Clause:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/us...07----000-.html

Thank you.

Guest pearly_x3

ah gws is an amazing actor

i loved in 연애시대/ Alone in love

his pictures are gorgeous

thanks to everyone who posted them!

• 4 weeks later...

Two Friends to Co-Star in New Movie

Kim Soo-ro and Kam Woo-seong, two veteran actors, worked together on the upcoming comedy film "Ssonda" ("Shooting)". Close friends in real life, they are confident that their combination will produce some laughs.

"I was able to focus all my energy on the film without having to use some of it to get to know unfamiliar co-stars", Kim said Friday during a news conference at Lafesta Mall in Ilsan, Kyonggi Province. "Working with people I know definitely helps me to make more commercially successful films".

The friendship between the two 36-year-old men began when they co-starred in the 2005 comedy "A Bold Family" ("Super Family"), in which they played brothers with contrasting personalities but the same goal: their father's fortune.

In the new film, directed by Park Jeong-woo, the actors play men with totally different personalities who accidentally meet at a police station and spend the night together. The movie depicts their struggles in getting to know each other.

In the movie, Kam plays Park Man-su, who leads a life full of strict rules. He applies them to everything he does, including collecting garbage on the street and never jaywalking.

Kim takes on the role of Yang Chul-gon. Jobless with 15 previous convictions, Yang always finds himself at the center of problems.

Their roles seem perfect given the two actor's previous roles, but the actors said the delegation of roles was not as simple as it sounded.

"Before shooting the film, we talked about our roles", Kam said. "I suggested that we switch them. If we had done so, it would have been a risky art film. So in the end, we just chose to make a commercial film".

Kam expressed his hope to break away from his typical role. "It could have been more fun for me to create a new character and discover my different sides by playing Yang", he said.

Kam had his debut in a 1990 television drama "Paradise of Our Own", and he has played mainly modern and urban upper-middle class men in TV dramas and movies. Yet has taken on some more challenging roles. The most challenging part he played was the starring role in the historical "The King and the Clown", the second most-viewed Korean-made film. Kam played a street clown who became a court jester.

In his debut, Kim had a three-minute role as a gate guard for a police station in the 1993 comedy "Two Cops". Kim has played minor and supporting roles in such films as "The Foul King" (1999), "Fun Movie" (2002) and "S Diary" (2004).

He parlayed his supporting roles into indispensable ones, producing hilarious jokes in those films and eventually leading to leading roles this year in "Vampire Cop Ricky", "Educating Kidnappers" and "Ssonda". The sequel to "Vampire Cop Ricky" will soon begin production.

The filming of "Ssonda" is complete, and it is now in post-production. Its official release is scheduled for February.

Source: http://times.hankooki.com/

http://search.hankooki.com/times/times_vie...tm&media=kt

• 1 month later...

Archived