Kam Woo Sung 감우성

JamaicaK

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CD Japan has some of WS's stuff, but of course, the subtitles are Japanese, and unless you have a multi-regional DVD player, you can't play them.  "Hyun-jun, I Love You," and "I'm Still Loving You" are both listed.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/products?q=Kam+Woo-Seong
Han Books (www.hanbooks.com) also carries DVDs of film and K-Dramas, some are Region 1, and others are Region 3, which would require a multi-regional DVD player.  Yes Asia has a few of his things, too, but not much.  (If only WS knew how hard it can be to be a fan of his!  Ha!  Ha!)
When looking for anything of his, keep in mind the multiple ways to spell his name, and use them in the search box.  CD Japan has stuff listed under both Kam Woo-Seong, and either Gam or Kam Woo-Sung.  
These spellings & any combo of the three - lol!  It can take some time:  Gam/Kam, Woo/Wu/U, Seong/Sung

Scroll down near the bottom of page 8, to see additions made to the post about the MBC show, "Travel the World," in which Kam Woo-Seong documented his trip to Argentina.  There are "new" photos, that I had previously missed, and posted tonight, plus two video previews of the three episodes he did.  It looks fun, I wish I could've have seen the entire episodes!  Looks like WS gives the Tango a try, BTW.  ;-)

You are doing a wonderful job @JamaicaK with this tread - and I think it is great that you are bringing awareness of him as it might spark more to become more interested, and then new and old stuff will surface I think :)
Even though I am not a special fan of Mr. Kam Woo Sung I do enjoy seeing him in good movies and K-dramas. He has a way with himself that I like in roles I have seen him in.
It is nice to see that Japan has some rare stuff available - I see that the original Korean track is on them, so if there are more interest and you could get in touch with both Japanese and Korean fans of Mr. Kam Woo Sung then you all could collaborate on making "I'm Still in Love" and "I love you Hyunjung" available online worldwide.

..oh, and by the way, you should definitely invest in a region free DVD player - sometimes it is just software, and even just a special coding you need to do.

I do have a multi-regional DVD player.  :-)  I love it!  Finally, the world is open to me!  LOL!
Buying the Japanese stuff would be great, if I could afford it.  That's good that the discs have the original Korean track, if nothing else.  I was planning on learning Korean anyway..... lol!  Maybe 15 years from now, I will have learned a few pages worth of phrases!
Yes, Mr. Kam has a special way about him, as an actor, usually subtle, soulful, or playful, a relatable "everyman quality," but I'm a bigger fan of great acting, than the fan of any one gifted actor.  I have a list, a mile long, of the actors I'd be thrilled to have a conversation with, let alone act with.  I'm shocked there are so many, on the list, from a small country like South Korea.  They must be going through their equivalent of American actors 1970's phase, or Hong Kong actors 1990's phase.  It's marvelous!!! :-)  Truthfully, Mr. Kam shares the position of my favorite Korean actor, along with Song Kang-Ho.  I also deeply admire (bullcrap - LOVE) Kim Yun-Seok, and Choi Min-Sik.  I'd love for some of the directors these guys have worked with, to give WS a chance.  An actor only gets better, when put to work, and put up to a challenge.  Id like to see how far Mr. Kam can stretch.  I'm sure he'd like to know that, too!

JamaicaK

said: I do have a multi-regional DVD player.  :-)  I

love

it!  Finally, the world is open to me!  LOL!

Buying the Japanese stuff would be great, if I could afford it.  That's good that the discs have the original Korean track, if nothing else.  I was planning on learning Korean anywhere..... lol!  Maybe 15 years from now, I will have learned a few pages worth of phrases!

Yes, Mr. Kam has a special way about him, as an actor, usually subtle, soulful, or playful, a relatable "everyman quality," but I'm a bigger fan of great acting, than the fan of any one gifted actor.  I have a list, a mile long, of the actors I'd be thrilled to have a conversation with, let along act with.  I'm shocked there are so many, on the list, from a small country like South Korea.  They must be going through their equivalent of American actors 1970's phase, or Hong Kong actors 1990's phase.  It's marvelous!!! :-)  Truthfully, Mr. Kam shares the position of my favorite Korean actor, along with Song Kang-Ho.  I also deeply admire (bullcrap - LOVE) Kim Yun-Seok, and Choi Min-Sik.  I'd love for some of the directors these guys have worked with, to give WS a chance.  An actor only gets better, when put to work, and put up to a challenge.  Id like to see how far Mr. Kam can stretch.  I'm sure he'd like to know that, too!

PeerNorway said:

I would not recommend buying Japanese releases if they do not have English subs, and it was not what I meant - what I meant is that hopefully you would get in touch with people from all over the world - and together with them you can get hard to get releases (like the two k-dramas that has not yet been released on DVD in South Korea for some strange reason...) - and maybe start a process of getting them custom subbed and uploaded as a temporary soultion. By the way, make sure you check eBay regularly as HK and Taiwanese versions might appear - with English subs - but be aware of bootleg copies being sold. Oh, just so you know, many of the South Korean Blu-ray releases are not locked by a region - they are region free - but do check pages like Blu-ray.com before ordering - they even have their own Asian sub-forum, in which many South Korean Blu-ray releases are discussed I which Soompi would make their own DVD and Blu-ray sub forum.... You could also consider contacting streaming web sites (dramacool.com, dramafever.com, etc.) to upload and subtitle older k-dramas - it might work. Maybe even staring a petition....

1413424568-47-org_zps584bfefb.jpg

“My Spring Day” Star Kam Woo Sung Delivers Hand-Written Note to Viewers

Bliss Media has released a hand-written letter penned by actor Kam Woo Sung, who is currently starring in the MBC drama “My Spring Day.”

In the letter, the actor wrote, “Now that we are past the halfway point of this drama, I think I can say that it has gone according to plan so far. It could have been very clichéd, but due to the sophisticated skills of our director, all of the actors and actress have been able to feel at ease.”

Kam Woo Sung continued, “It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that I actually made up my mind to take this role because of how it ends. It has a very unique ending and a beautiful female lead. I am sure that it will exceed the expectations of most of the viewers who have watched the drama since the beginning. I am also excited as we getting close to the end now.”

He ended the letter on a sentimental note, writing, “I think the best ‘spring days’ of my life are right now.” 

Soompi

JamaicaK said: It would actually be less trouble, if I could just afford to buy the films (or series) in question, and then hire someone to subtitle them, rather than start a network, in order to do the same thing... ack, I have enough trouble just keeping my house straight, and the chores done....  I have emailed sites like GoodDrama.net, asking how to download their films for iMac, but never received a reply.  I've also requested films, but I never thought about starting a petition.  That's a good idea.  Most of WS's career was on tv, in the 90's.  Unless one lived in Korea, and was a fan at the time, most fans have probably only seen a quarter of his work - me included.

I remember Lee Eun-Jo from a photo layout with Tony Leung Chiu-Wai (my fav Hong Kong actor). I remember Tony's fans telling me that she committed suicide. How very sad! Actors have to have such a thick skin, in this business - constant rejection, some of it from such stupid reasons as their "look" is out-of-date, instead of it having anything to do with their abilities. In America, because of the Method actors like Brando, Pacino, DeNiro, the American moving-going public learned to appreciate the "trick" behind acting, and now look forward to being surprised by their favorites. Before then, though, they were seen, as I believe Asian actors are now, by their public, as a product - a favorite personality that helps sell a plot. Versatility isn't necessarily appreciated. Actors are liked by how they played a particular role, and then they are expected to keep repeating it, and if they deviate from it, the public gets angry, or loses interest in them.

I got one really great news, and one bad news.... 
The great news is that I have found all the full episodes of "I love Hyun Jung"  aka. "Hyun-jun, I Love You"- and it is in HD !!! :D
...the bad news is that it does not have English subs........ :(

Been looking for this from time to time in the last couple of days, and I had to do some really clever and in-depth research on a very high advanced level..... (Okay enough richard simmons from me... Hehe... ) 
Check out first episode part one (of four parts - probably because of HD quality) - put to last episode on YouTube:

By the way, it has a 2nd. (well technically 3rd.) English title: "My Love Bambi"

....in my some future "highly advanced Detective research" have found out that "I'am Still Loving You" has actually also been released in Hong Kong (on VCD), Taiwan (DVD) and Thailand (maybe even more countries. How ever these does not have English subs, and some of them are dubbed so be sure to look carefully that you at least get the Korean audio track - and not dubbed in Chinese or Thai (sometimes the dubbed version might have the original Korean audio track). The other downer is that almost all of them are "Temporarily Out of Stock" - but at least we know this K-drama is out there in other releases than the expensive Japanese version. 
Two VCD releases from Hong Kong: - I'm Still Loving You (16VCD (End) (Mandarin Version) - only the Mandarin dubbed language audio track (note that there is no original Korean on this release) and with traditional Chinese subtitles (no English subtitles). This one is "Out of Print", but that should be okay as it is does not even have the Korean audio track.....I'm Still Loving You (16VCDs) (End) - have both the Mandarin dubbed and original Korean language audio track, with traditional Chinese subtitles (no English subtitles)
Two DVD releases from Taiwan:I'm Still Loving You (DVD) (End) (MBC TV Drama) (3-Disc Edition) (Taiwan Version) - have both the Mandarin dubbed and original Korean language audio track, with traditional Chinese subtitles (no English subtitles) - this one is Region Free / All Regions (for those who do not have multi-region DVD player)I'm Still Loving You (Vol.1-16) (End) (Taiwan Version) - - have both the Mandarin dubbed and original Korean language audio track, with traditional Chinese subtitles (no English subtitles) - this one is locked to Region 3 (Must have multi-region DVD player)I'm Still Loving You (XDVD) (Vol.1-16) (End) (Taiwan Version) - have both the Mandarin dubbed and original Korean language audio track, with traditional Chinese subtitles (no English subtitles) - this one is Region Free / All Regions (for those who do not have multi-region DVD player)
The Thai version (not sure if these are official/licenced versions) have this K-drama divided into two separate "Boxes": VCD Box 1 and VCD Box 2  I suspect that episode 1-8 is in "Box 1" and episode 9-16 in "Box 2". Further more I suspect that these two only have the Thai dubbed version and maybe Thai subs (not the original Korean language audio nor English subs...). 
If you have to have these then one of the three Taiwan DVD box releases seems to be the way to go - if you find them in stock somewhere or if for example YesAsia can get them back in stock (you might want to try to track them down directly from Taiwan even) - they might be cheaper than the Japanese DVD boxes. With these other releases it raise the risk of these being out for upload somewhere - but where I dont konw.... Plus still there is an issue with the non-existent English subs....
I have so far been unable to find this in episodes on YouTube.... :(

PeerNorway said: I got one really great news, and one bad news.... 
The great news is that I have found all the full episodes of "I love Hyun Jung"  aka. "Hyun-jun, I Love You"- and it is in HD !!! :D
...the bad news is that it does not have English subs........ :(

Been looking for this from time to time in the last couple of days, and I had to do some really clever and in-depth research on a very high advanced level..... (Okay enough richard simmons from me... Hehe... ) 
Check out first episode part one (of four parts - probably because of HD quality) - put to last episode on YouTube:

By the way, it has a 2nd. (well technically 3rd.) English title: "My Love Bambi"

Never give up dear @JamaicaK :)
I actually see allot of potential now when looking closer on this YouTube listing:
Notice that this was uploaded in January 2014 - so it is a pretty new on YouTube, plus it is very special that it is in 720p HD quality. It actually even have an option for Korean subtitles if you click on the "wheel" icon - which might mean the possibility of an upcoming English subtitles sometime in the future (soon I hope) ? Furthermore, notice that the uploader's ID is "MBCClassics" - it might be the actual company that owns all the rights to this and other older classic MBC k-dramas - it even has a link to the "home site" of this K-drama (which I assume you already know of). They might be looking into the potentials of this and other MBC classics - as they have take this step.
Maybe you could try to send a short (private) message to MBCClassic and ask them if they might offer English subtitles on this particular K-drama any time soon, or if they maybe plan to re-issue it on DVD (which usually have them have to add English subs). You can also send the link of this to the streaming web sites - and they might take some actions if they see a potential for this. Again, if you go through the trouble of having someone with Korean skills to re-write your message in Hangul (Korean), then it raises the potential even higher to get a response from them.
Just suggesting what I would have done :)

Lol!  I'm actually watching Hyun-Jun, I Love You, even without subtitles, and I can't stop!  Woo-Sung is hilarious!  He's like this Richie Rich, spoiled, and so-sheltered-from-the-world-nerd, that it seems he comes from another planet!  It's hysterical!

PeerNorway said: Never give up dear @JamaicaK :)
I actually see allot of potential now when looking closer on this YouTube listing:
Notice that this was uploaded in January 2014 - so it is a pretty new on YouTube, plus it is very special that it is in 720p HD quality. It actually even have an option for Korean subtitles if you click on the "wheel" icon - which might mean the possibility of an upcoming English subtitles sometime in the future (soon I hope) ? Furthermore, notice that the uploader's ID is "MBCClassics" - it might be the actual company that owns all the rights to this and other older classic MBC k-dramas - it even has a link to the "home site" of this K-drama (which I assume you already know of). They might be looking into the potentials of this and other MBC classics - as they have take this step.
Maybe you could try to send a short (private) message to MBCClassic and ask them if they might offer English subtitles on this particular K-drama any time soon, or if they maybe plan to re-issue it on DVD (which usually have them have to add English subs). You can also send the link of this to the streaming web sites - and they might take some actions if they see a potential for this. Again, if you go through the trouble of having someone with Korean skills to re-write your message in Hangul (Korean), then it raises the potential even higher to get a response from them.
Just suggesting what I would have done :)

Archived