Lee Seo Jin 이서진 (3MAD Guest)

Admin

Guest bibidep

The way he reacted and distance to her seem strange compared to all the females he worked with in the past.  This is the press conference for his new show.

pictures credit to Mydaily

201703201441351561_1.jpg

201703201441351561_6.jpg

201703201441351561_4.jpg

March 21, 2017

'Youn's Restaurant' aims to one-up food shows by opening overseas shop

(Yonhap)

It's been quite some time since "meokbang," a Korean popular cultural phenomenon of people broadcasting themselves preparing food and eating, penetrated mainstream television. An average South Korean hardly has difficulty in seeing a TV celebrity indulging in some epicurean delicacy in front of a national audience every week. 

Yet apparently, the TV market segment on food still has room to grow. Director Na Yeong-seok, who has virtually brought the meokbang genre to mainstream TV via tvN's two hit reality series "Three Meals a Day" and "Grandpas Over Flowers," is preparing to launch a new food series this week.

"Youn's Restaurant" is a new tvN Friday-Saturday reality show series which focuses on a group of South Korean celebrities operating a small Korean cuisine restaurant on a small island near Bali, Indonesia. 

"It's something that is unlikely to happen in real life (for normal people) but I thought of perhaps delivering an indirect experience," Na said on Monday at a media event for his new TV series held at Times Square mall in western Seoul.

Veteran actress Youn Yuh-jung is the store owner and lead chef and is accompanied by a diverse cast, including veteran actor Shin Goo, Na's long-time collaborator actor Lee Seo-jin and actress Jung Yu-mi.

While the cast is tasked with actually operating a business, the show's focus isn't aimed at a monetary goal or expansion of the business -- rather it's oriented at delivering viewers a sense of relaxation and healing through "the special daily lives of the cast who open a small Korean restaurant in a paradise-like place."

Na is one of South Korea's top entertainment TV directors to date who has churned out consecutive hit shows without relying on star power. He intends to emulate his string of successes through another experimental-yet unique cast combination.

"I'm now an older actress. I determined from one day that I should enjoy my work," actress Youn said.

"I'm a fan of Na Yeong-seok, therefore I followed when Na asked me to do this work. I'll even do 'We Got Married' if Na asks," Yoon said jokingly.

Shin Goo, who starred in Na's past work "Grandpas Over Flowers," said he served as the restaurant's waiter.

"I could say 'hello, please sit here,' in English. But whenever we ran into a vegetarian customer, I turned the serving job over to Lee Seo-jin," said Shin, citing a communication barrier when a customer orders food that wasn't included in the restaurant's normal menu.

Lee Seo-jin, also a longtime collaborator of Na, said he was a lot more comfortable compared to his previous works with the director.

"It was much more comfortable than the 'Grandpas Over Flowers' series. Since the weather and scenery was good, I was able to enjoy after-work activities. It was pleasurable and I had fun filming," Lee said.

For actress Jung Yu-mi, the show marked her first television outing outside of acting.

"I was curious about the show on running a small Korean restaurant and also thought that it was a good opportunity to interact with senior actors that I admired," Jung said.

Jung added that she was actually busy running the place and never felt as though the process was a TV production. 

"I even enjoyed the busy part. I liked the fact that I actually worked and even thought that I could spend a couple more days there," the actress said.

"Youn's Restaurant" premiers on Friday. (Yonhap)

Youn's Kitchen soompi thread :)

March 21, 2017

PD Na Young Suk Reveals Why He Can’t Let Go Of Lee Seo Jin

Source: Soompi by D. Kim

83413668.2.jpg

During the press conference for his new tvN variety show “Youn’s Kitchen,” producing director (PD) Na Young Suk gave his reasons for casting actor Lee Seo Jin again.

On March 20, PD Na Young Suk explained, “Lee Seo Jin is a very useful person. Since the show requires the cast members to run a restaurant in a foreign country, they must be able to speak English and know how to manage a business. Lee Seo Jin has a degree in business management from New York University, and conveniently, whenever I’m starting a new TV program, Lee Seo Jin is never participating in a drama. That’s how we ended up working together again.”

This is Lee Seo Jin and PD Na Young Suk’s third time collaborating after “Grandpas Over Flowers” and “Three Meals A Day.”

PD Na Young Suk continued, “I would unreluctantly part with Lee Seo Jin if any of our programs were to fail, but it has not happened yet.”

Actor Shin Goo will be joining previously confirmed cast members Lee Seo Jin, Yoon Yeo Jung, and Jung Yoo Mi for the upcoming show “Youn’s Kitchen,” where they will attempt to run a Korean restaurant in Bali, Indonesia. Yoon Yeo Jung will be the main boss and chef, Lee Seo Jin will be the manager, Jung Yoo Mi will be in charge of cleaning and washing the dishes, and Shin Goo will be in charge of serving the food and publicizing the restaurant. Their main menu will consist of marinated beef (bulgogi).

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Youn’s Kitchen” will premiere on March 24 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

March 24, 2017

Garuda, Korea's Lee Seo-jin, Jung Yoo-mi Promote Lombok Tourism  

Garuda, Korea's Lee Seo-jin, Jung Yoo-mi Promote Lombok Tourism  

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Flag carrier Garuda Indonesia has joined hands with South Korea’s celebrities Lee Seo-jin and Jung Yoo-mi to promote Lombok tourism.

“Starting from March 24, Garuda will promote Lombok on a biweekly basis, particularly Gili Trawangan with unique, attractive promotional methods carried out by famous Korean television stars that will be aired in Korean [channel] TVN,” West Nusa Tenggara regional secretariat spokesman Yusron Hadi said yesterday.

West Nusa Tenggara Governor TGH M. Zainul Majdi met on Thursday with Garuda Indonesia general manager for South Korea Wayan Supatriyasa and acting deputy Indonesian Ambassador to South Korea Cecep Herawan at Garuda Indonesia branch office in Seoul, South Korea.

Aside from collaborating with South Korean celebrities, Garuda will also offer special Lombok tourism packages to Korean tourists, Yusron said. “Garuda Korea [branch] has asked for support from the local administration, such as the provision of promotional material and various travel vouchers on offer for Korean tourists,” he said.

Governor M. Zainul Majdi has said he is ready to back the program, according to Yusron.

Indonesia sees 263,000 Korean tourist arrivals per year, only around 4,000 of which are recorded in Lombok.

Published on March 25, 2017 by BeritaRp100

On 3/22/2017 at 7:35 PM, rubie said:

Since the weather and scenery was good, I was able to enjoy after-work activities. It was pleasurable and I had fun filming," Lee said.

I wonder how they did the filming.  How could it be possibly they came once and finish all the episodes?  How long were they in Bali, anyone knows the process of this filming :)

• 4 weeks later...

April 19, 2017

Actor Lee Seo Jin And PD Na Young Suk Come Out On Top As Most Popular Variety Show Duo

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Lee-Seo-Jin-Na-Young-Suk.jpg

Who does the general public believe is the best variety show duo?

Online survey company PIM asked this question to 2400 people between their twenties to fifties. The result was Lee Seo Jin and PD Na Young Suk coming out in first place with 25.5 percent of the votes. This is backed up by the fact that their new show, “Youn’s Kitchen,” is currently at the top of its time slot.

They narrowly beat out Yoo Jae Suk and Park Myung Soo, who received 24.8 percent of the votes and came in second place. The duo has been working together for a long time, appearing on shows like “Infinite Challenge” and “Happy Together.”

Tied for third place was Kim Sung Joo and Ahn Jung Hwan, who appear on “Please Take Care of My Refrigerator” and “Carefree Travelers,” and Kang Ho Dong and Lee Soo Geun. Fourth place went to Yoo Jae Suk and Haha, who work together on “Infinite Challenge” and “Running Man.”

Lee Seo Jin and Na Young Suk’s partnership was popular amongst women (29.8 percent), especially women in their forties (32.0 percent). People in their twenties seemed to prefer the duo of Yoo Jae Suk and Park Myung Soo (34.2 percent) more than other age groups.

Which variety show duo do you like most?

Source (1)

• Like 1

April 24, 2017

Celebrities launch campaign to promote fair election

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

Celebrities, many of whom had suffered under the Park Geun-hye administration's blacklist of artists critical of the government, have come forward urging people to vote in the presidential election on May 9. 

With the big day to cast a ballot for the new president only two weeks away, 38 celebrities including actress Ko So-young, actors Lee Byung-hun, Jung Woo-sung and Lee Seo-jin and TVXQ member U-Know Yunho, have participated in a campaign called the "0509 Rose Project." 

The celebrities shared their thoughts on voting and the election in a video that was filmed between April 15 and 21. They were wearing T-shirts printed with the vote stamp mark and holding roses symbolizing the time of the election, which falls in May when roses come into full bloom.

Actor Lee Byung-hun said "Voting is about freedom." In the recently recorded clip, he said "To vote or not to is one's free will. What one can win from the vote is true freedom. It can be a personal choice to vote or not, but for a true democracy one should cast their ballot." 

Asked about who should be president, the actor said someone who can "manage not a few people but 50 million people." 

"Voting is an investment," fellow actor Lee Seo-jin said. "All people should carefully calculate gains and losses before their investment." 

Those celebrities, together with 12 CEOs of non-governmental organizations and naturalized Koreans, have volunteered to shoot promotional photos and videos encouraging voters to vote on candidates' policies and not be swayed by image politics. 

People who share the promotional videos can participate in a draw where they can win T-shirts bearing celebrity autographs. 

"As well as promoting people's participation in the election, we intended to urge voters to study each candidate's political path and pledges instead of the candidate's image," a campaign organizer said. 

The video clips will be unveiled through the National Election Commission's website and social media, Tuesday.

jinhai@ktimes.com

April 23, 2017

Actor Makes Hilarious Accidental Cameo On “Running Man”

Source: Soompi by DY_Kim 

Running-Man2.jpg

The newest episode of “Running Man” featured a glimpse of an unexpected guest.

On the episode that aired on April 23, Jeon So Min formed a team with Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin, and she was showing off her quick adaptability to the show. As they were at the airport preparing to leave for Osaka, viewers spotted a familiar face in the background.

Lee-Seo-Jin1.jpg

It turned out to be actor Lee Seo Jin!

As the captions did not mention his appearance either, viewers believe that even the production team was unaware of his presence.

Watch the latest episode of “Running Man” on Viki to catch the funny moment!

Source (1)

Guest florita529

Unforgettable qoute:

“Voting is an investment...All people should carefully calculate gains and losses before their investment".

Lee Seo Jin

April 27, 2017

Lee Byung-hun and Jung Woo-sung? '0509 Rose Project' records 2 million in two days

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net

photo844011.jpg

The voting encouragement campaign "0509 Rose Project" set 2 million views in just two days.

The "0509 Rose Project" was revealed for the first time on the 25th. The accumulated number of views was over 2 million.

"0509 Rose Project" is participated by Ko So-young, Ko Soo, Ko Ah-seong, Kwon Yul, Kim Sung-ryung, Kim Young-kwang, Noh Hee-kyeong, Ryu Jun-yeol, Park Geun-hyeong, Park Seo-joon, Park Jung-min, Bae Seong-woo, Bae Jong-ok, Baek Jin-hee, director Byeon Yeong-joo, BewhY, Seo Ji-hye, So I-hyeon, Yunho, Lee Byung-hun, Lee Seo-jin, Lee Soon-jae, Lee Young-jin, Lee Jung-hyun, Lee Joon, director Lee Joon-ik, Leeteuk, director Lee Hae-yeong, Lee Hyun-woo, Jeong Yeon-joo, Jung Woo-sung, Cho Jin-woong, Ji Jin-hee, Jin Goo, Han Ye-ri, director Han Jae-rim, Han Ji-min, Han Ji-seon and others including the NGO foundation.

These stars had their pictures taken in a studio in Seoul wearing a T-shirt with the election mark on it and holding roses. They spoke about their views and beliefs about elections and what the qualities of a president should be. They also delivered the message to people to choose their leader according to their policies and potential and not by image.

Political interest in the country has increased due to former president Park Geun-hye and her wrong doings but still, election participation is low. Thanks to these celebrities, hopefully the nation will take part in choosing their leader.

By sharing the video, T-shirts with the stars' signatures are being given out.