[Current Japanese Drama 2015] The Emperor's Cook/Tenno no Ryoriban 天皇の料理番

thitu

Co-Producer Iida's Most Dreary Days | Facebook
~translation~

June 2nd, 2015 (Tuesday)20:13 Fine

It’s the next day after they finished shooting.

Hirakawa-san left here at 3:30 in the morning to shoot the scenery at the location, though.
Nakamae-san, who is in charge of the seventh episode has been editing since morning.
Ishimaru-kun also looks busy somehow.
Meanwhile I am … ‘horses for courses’.

Twenty-three hours ago,
they finished all the shooting with Sato Takeru-kun’s scene.
Takeru-kun started shooting last December
and has led this team for half an hour.
His message was really a warm one,
filled with love and sincerity for all the people there.
Takeru-kun, thank you very much for your hard work.

A little while ago,
the team who had gone shooting the scenery reported that they had finished shooting the setting sun.
We can really call it a day with it.
But I’ll tell you again
that you have one half of this drama left, that is, six episodes.

Until the last episode,
we’ll concentrate to the very last

carefully. (Retailing)

Then,
everybody,
one, two!
Go for it!!

TBS TV 60th anniversary special project
‘Tenno no Ryoriban’
We have five more days to go until the seventh episode.
Its subtitle …
I don’t know yet.

PS
I wonder if she is relieved because the shooting finished,
but I feel Ogata has gained weight a little.

source: https://www.facebook.com/ryoribantbs/posts/834894073270708
credit: stephany-310.tumblr.com

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stephany-310:  June 2nd, 2015 (Tuesday) Shooting ReportA Scene on New Year’s Day? In the sixth episode, Tokuzo-san was flirting with O-Ume-san again.  At the start, these two were eating o-mochi (rice cake) together happily because it was New Year’s Day. ^^ They kept eating o-mochi several times … They got full as expected.  They reached a limit and the staff said, ‘You don’t have to eat o-mochi until the actual shooting. …(Photo)Gajiro-san, who had never got NG before,  couldn’t open the fusuma (sliding door)! Happening. (lol)  At an unexpected trap, staff and cast all burst into laughter.  In history of ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’, anyway, at the shooting at Banzai-ken, was always full of nonstop laugh.*note by steph*Well, the photo should be this one, I suppose…  Thank you for the translation. ^^

Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting Report
translation

June 2nd, 2015 (Tuesday)

A Scene on New Year’s Day?

In the sixth episode, Tokuzo-san was flirting with O-Ume-san again.
At the start, these two were eating o-mochi (rice cake) together happily because it was New Year’s Day. ^^

They kept eating o-mochi several times …
They got full as expected.
They reached a limit and the staff said, ‘You don’t have to eat o-mochi until the actual shooting. …

Gajiro-san, who had never got NG before,
couldn’t open the fusuma (sliding door)! Happening. (lol)

At an unexpected trap, staff and cast all burst into laughter.
In history of ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’, anyway, at the shooting at Banzai-ken, was always full of nonstop laugh.

*note by steph*

Well, the photo should be this one, I suppose

tumblr_npf91s4Dk51s0d0yno1_500.png

~translation~

June 4th, 2015 (Thursday)

To the Every Detail Corner

Toshiko-san in the sixth episode
looked as if she were empty, sealing her usual soft smile.

There was a scene where Shizuko-chan, the youngest sister among Takahama sisters,
was putting a piece of cloth into an empty shell of a snail.

By a simple idea of a child that the snail can’t move without its body moved Toshiko-san’s heart.

It’s a simple process of putting cloth into an empty shell of a snail;
the material of this cloth had to fit in the times.

Even through the screen, you can tell its texture,
so it’s not synthetic but they searched for cloth that fits this era and took the scene.

Guest hiranade

@pechumori, do you by chance have the video clips of the cast playing games and promote for the drama? I have forgotten which show is it 

​oh yes, this would be superb..

@hiranade yep.. i've stopped watching jdrama quite a while ago, and even tho i watched some kdramas nowadays, i can count the number of kdramas i watched religiously this year on one hand.. but this jdrama just did it for me and i got hooked.. i watched it coz of takeru sato.. been a fan since rurouni kenshin.. i didn't even like him before rurouni kenshin.. hehehehheeh...

​yeah he is so hot in RK, honestly I watch emperor's cook cause him too :D but I like him before RK, I like his acting in mei chan's butler and beck the movie

Guest hiranade

gif from Ep. 1 of Emperor's Cook.  Remember this scene? :D

credit: takeruandcaterpillars via takerubabe321 tumblr

​of course, sist :D this scene very epic, I laughing so hard in this part

@pechumori,  wow! What a wealth of information!   Thank you so much for all the updates, photos, translations, and great ratings information !
I esp.love the historical articles about the real Imperial Chef, Tokuzo Akiyama

Waiting for ep. 6 with subs... I wonder why they take so long.

@pechumori,  wow! What a wealth of information!   Thank you so much for all the updates, photos, translations, and great ratings information !
I esp.love the historical articles about the real Imperial Chef, Tokuzo Akiyama

Waiting for ep. 6 with subs... I wonder why they take so long.

​You're welcome @irilight. Yeah, luckily this drama was well documented by the staff and the information about the real Akiyama  would help us appreciate this drama more.

tumblr_nph4zut9IV1s0d0yno1_500.png

~translation~

June 5th, 2015 (Friday)

It Makes Us Cry … But

The character of Shintaro in ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’
has a special atmosphere that warmly wraps exhausted staff and cast with laughter at the shooting site.
In the scene where Usami-san gave his chef’s knife to Tokuzo-san, the staff that were seeing their performance were moved and the cast were watching Tokuzo-san filled with tension,
but in the latter part there was somehow queer atmosphere …

At the very beginning, with Shintaro-san’s full-tilt ‘Banza—i!’, Tokuzo-san was really crying.
But it got more and more difficult to stop laughing each time at Shintaro-san, who kept on shouting endlessly ‘Banza—i!’ because Director wouldn’t say ‘Cut’. Moreover Shintaro-san seemed to have found it more and more exciting …
He was almost giving up, saying, ‘It makes me cry … but it is gradually making me laugh ~’ ^^

credit: stephany-310. tumblr.com

This drama has a lot of lovable characters and Shintaro happens to be one of them.

BTW, were you also saddened that the army cook played by Hideaki Ito who introduced Tokuzo to his first cutlet, died even before he was able to tell him how much he has improved in his culinary skills?

According to the show Ousamanoburanchi, the scene that got the highest viewership rating of 16.4% for Ep. 6 of "Tenno No Ryoriban" (Emperor's Cook) was the part where Tokuzo bowed down to Usami san when the latter left Banzai ken after giving Tokuzo his knife as a gift.
credit: まりる

tumblr_npidmhjpDm1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

tumblr_npkk2jhdmA1s0d0yno1_540.jpg

Tenno no Ryoriban official Twitter

~translation~Two hours to go before the broadcast!
Tonight at last … Tokuzo goes to Paris!
A new encounter … a new barrier …
And beautiful scenery!!
It will be a rich hour any way.
Please enjoy it.

so sad...ep 7 will already be shown tonight, yet there are still no subs for ep 6  

http://yoursmiles.org/bsmile/sad/b0403.gif

tumblr_npkt2uBPpP1s0d0yno1_500.png

June 7th, 2015 (Sunday)

~translation~

Encounters in Paris ~1~

Tokuzo-san arrived in Paris at last!
Fighting against new obstacles, through new encounters, he makes further progress.

One of the people he encountered in Paris and who was necessary was Japanese Ambassador Awano Shinichiro-san living in Paris,
who Kirizuka-sensei had introduced to Tokuzo-san.

Just like in this drama, Sato Takeru-san and Go Hiromi-san met each other for the first time.
Go-san said, ‘We both concentrated on our performance, we seldom had a chat while we were waiting, I suppose.’
Go-san’s first shooting was the scene where Awano-san appeared for the first time, though he didn’t play in French.
After checking the tone and timing of the motion and lines, just before the actual shooting, there was a moment Takeru-san and Go-san exchanged glances to start the shooting.

(Photo)

One thing they could not do without in this Paris Arc was … French language.
We already reported Awano-san’s French before in this Shooting Report.
How did you like it? to see the actual scene!
When they were about to enter the climax scene where Awano-san made the speech, those present at the site really murmured. (lol)
We were drawn into Go-san’s performance just like dancing and singing gracefully.
He is similar to Aawano-san, who drew in the other person as an ambassador.
Go-san said he was a total beginner in French. Until just before the actual shooting, he repeated the practice … of saying his lines at the same time with his French instructor on the count of three.
If his pronunciation or tempo was off with his instructor, he repeated it again … the method is characteristic of a singer.
※He is talking about how he faced French language in the Interview, so please read it, too.

On the other hand, Takeru-san has to challenge not only Fukui dialect but also French language from this episode on.
Just after he mastered Fukui dialect, now he has to master French, too …
But Tokuzo has to speak Japanesey French, so it requires another twist in addition to speaking French.
And Fukui dialect will be fading … this adjustment is difficult.

Next time, we’ll report another encounter.
She must be a person to pay attention for you … it’s Francoise!

Oh no, please don't tell me that tokuzo has fallen for somebody else while in Paris:(

​Based on the photos @thitu, it looks that way.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/sorrow-smiley-emoticon.gif

The viewership rating for Episode 7 of “Emperor’s Cook” which was aired yesterday June 7, 2015 was 14.9 % based on the Video Research survey, Kanto region. It increased by .8% as compared to last episode’s rating which was 14.1%.

tumblr_npluo5UDNn1u0s9l5o1_540.png

Here are the ratings for each episode:

Episode 1 (4/26): 15.1%
Episode 2 (5/03): 11.4%
Episode 3 (5/10): 12.0%
Episode 4 (5/17): 12.7%
Episode 5 (5/24): 14.5%
Episode 6 (5/31): 14.1%
Episode 7 (6/07): 14.9%

credit: http://tvmeter.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5052.html

really @pechumori? ahh nooo. I amn't ready with other woman :D

​I am not prepared as well @hiranade, but it seems Tokuzo easily attracts the ladies.

b0429.gif

tumblr_npmmwgg1pz1s0d0yno1_500.png

June 8th, 2015 (Monday)

~translation~

Encounters in Paris ~2~

With a lot of help from Aawano-san,
Tokuzo-san started to work in Hotel Majestic, and then is going to work in Hotel Ritz at last.

The one who encouraged Tokuzo-san, who arrived in Paris all by himself and did his best in cooking, with a kind smile was …
a cute girl named Francoise, whose dream was to be a singer.

Her ‘Haii~!’, which always healed Tokuzo-san with a shining smile, was so cute that not only Tokuzo-san went mushy, you know. 

When they were shooting the scene where she came to Tokuzo-san’s apartment to pay the money back,
Kiritani-san looked envious of him saying, ‘They have no choice but to fall in love in such a story line!’ (lol)

She was so cute even in shoving a potato into her mouth …
Takeru-san was the one to serve the dish in the drama,
but she looked so happy that it seemed that Takeru-san couldn’t help tasting Kiritani-san’s potato …
‘How different it tastes depending on the type of the potatoes!’ We couldn’t miss his mumble suitable for a cook.

On the other hand, Francoise was shoving a potato eagerly from the start till the end.
She repeated acting of eating again and again …. and again … even those watching her felt full.
After the actual shooting, she was very cute when said shyly, ‘It was really delicious!! But I’m a little stuffed.’ ^^

Archived