[Current Japanese Drama 2015] The Emperor's Cook/Tenno no Ryoriban 天皇の料理番

thitu

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takeru san and Sakai Masa’aki san appeared in the show “Chubo desuyo!” which aired last April 25, Saturday at 11:30 pm. The two actors competed in cooking an omelet and Takeru san won.
photo credit:  さとさと

tumblr_nn7a4fNZVn1u0s9l5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nn7a4fNZVn1u0s9l5o2_500.jpg

tumblr_nn7a4fNZVn1u0s9l5o3_500.jpg

tumblr_nn7a4fNZVn1u0s9l5o4_500.jpg

tumblr_nn7a4fNZVn1u0s9l5o5_500.jpg

tumblr_nn7a4fNZVn1u0s9l5o6_500.jpg

stephany-310:  Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting ReportApril 25th, 2015 (Saturday)~translation~Finally … at 9 tomorrowWe started shooting ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ at the beginning of December.  Many days and months have passed … and tomorrow, at last, the first episode will be shown.  (For your information, the shooting has not finished yet.)  According to the intention of the producer,  we took a long, long time to shoot the drama carefully.  During the shooting, they reproduced the sets, costumes, and manners faithfully,as if we had slipped back in time to the age when Tokuzo and others lived.   Moreover, Tokuzo-san, who was born in Fukui,  was acted while instructed how to talk in Fukui intonationin order to show as if he were the native speaker.  Other cast’s Fukui dialect is cute,so you will surely have been infected by it by the end of the drama ^^In the first episode, the beginning of Tokuzo-san’s dream is depicted.  Tokuzo-san’s expression keeps changing and it’s very cute,and you’ll wonder if every scene has different expression.   Those who support Tokuzo-san are also super unique.  You’ll be able to find one to empathize with among these many different characters.  Mother, father, brothers, or lovers … We’ll be happy if you enjoy the moment Tokuzo’s dream was born,  and feel the love of the people who are involved in it.  Until the show of the first episode tomorrow,  the team ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ will hi-jack TBS.  Please check the detail information about promotion here.  And tomorrow will be the last day of Sato-san’s twitter. Don’t miss it!  Furthermore, in the official website, we’re going to OPEN more corners after the first episode,  so please visit it♪ PS: the video of the press conference has been uploaded here!    Please catch the enthusiasm for the drama through the words and the voice of the casts before it starts!

Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting Report

April 25th, 2015 (Saturday)

~translation~

Finally … at 9 tomorrow

We started shooting ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ at the beginning of December.

Many days and months have passed … and tomorrow, at last, the first episode will be shown.
(For your information, the shooting has not finished yet.)

According to the intention of the producer,
we took a long, long time to shoot the drama carefully.

During the shooting, they reproduced the sets, costumes, and manners faithfully,
as if we had slipped back in time to the age when Tokuzo and others lived.

Moreover, Tokuzo-san, who was born in Fukui,
was acted while instructed how to talk in Fukui intonation
in order to show as if he were the native speaker.

Other cast’s Fukui dialect is cute,
so you will surely have been infected by it by the end of the drama ^^

In the first episode, the beginning of Tokuzo-san’s dream is depicted.
Tokuzo-san’s expression keeps changing and it’s very cute,
and you’ll wonder if every scene has different expression.

Those who support Tokuzo-san are also super unique.
You’ll be able to find one to empathize with among these many different characters.
Mother, father, brothers, or lovers …

We’ll be happy if you enjoy the moment Tokuzo’s dream was born,
and feel the love of the people who are involved in it.

Until the show of the first episode tomorrow,
the team ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ will hi-jack TBS.
Please check the detail information about promotion here.

And tomorrow will be the last day of Sato-san’s twitter. Don’t miss it!

credit: stephany-310.tumblr.com

Guest hiranade

Thank you for coming over @hiranade.

@bakachin, hello, nice to meet another fan of this drama. Hiranade and I have been talking about this for some time now.

Here are the ratings for each episode:

Episode 1 (4/26): 15.1%
Episode 2 (5/03): 11.4%
Episode 3 (5/10): 12.0%
Episode 4 (5/17): 12.7%
Episode 5 (5/24): 14.5%
Episode 6 (5/31): 14.1%

credit: http://tvmeter.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5027.html

​oooohhhh i see... well, i don't really understand ratings.. but it's not bad? it's ok, since i like the drama, i will continue to watch it.. there aren't many dramas that i like recently.. i used to be a jdrama addict, but lack of PC at home, and many websites being blocked at work, i can't dl as much as before.. so i'm relying on online websites (have too, no choice.. i'm watching via my handphone).. and lack of time makes me become more selective of what i watch since i don't have time to waste on boring dramas.. hahahah.. but this drama is awesome.. it's quite well written for a drama, and the actors are all awesome... you can tell.. the production also didn't skimmed on the set and outfit budget...

​agreed with u, the story of this drama is well written and with great production, worth for watching. I think it's okay for ratings, cause the ratings of drama nowdays is not higher than in past. and many good review for this drama

@pechumori, do you by chance have the video clips of the cast playing games and promote for the drama? I have forgotten which show is it 

​oh yes, this would be superb..

@hiranade yep.. i've stopped watching jdrama quite a while ago, and even tho i watched some kdramas nowadays, i can count the number of kdramas i watched religiously this year on one hand.. but this jdrama just did it for me and i got hooked.. i watched it coz of takeru sato.. been a fan since rurouni kenshin.. i didn't even like him before rurouni kenshin.. hehehehheeh...

@thitu, thank you for starting this thread...   @pechumori, thank you for all the photos too. I love especially those magazine photos, that look like older photos.

Thank you everyone for their contribution. 

This is actually my first Japanese drama. I love culinary drama and I stumbled across it. I am loving it. So well done..
Going to watch ep. 5 now. I am just praying that they continue to sub it.

@irilight, hello and welcome to the "Tenno No Ryoriban/Emperor's Cook" thread. I also love cooking dramas that's why I got hooked on this.

Sorry for the marathon posts everyone, but I am trying to do it as chronically as possible so that we will have a pretty, organized thread. This early there are some photo updates for ep 7 which i can only post as soon as i finish posting up to ep 6.

@thitu and @bakachin, here are the videos you requested:

Takeru Sato competes in the All-Star Thanksgiving Festival part 1
credit: Ava Sophia

Takeru Sato competes in the All-Star Thanksgiving Festival part 2

Takeru Sato competes in the All-Star Thanksgiving Festival part 3

Takeru Sato competes in the All-Star Thanksgiving Festival part 4

@hiranade, hello there, my friend!

You're welcome, @bakachin:)

@thitu, I haven't seen a full link of the game show...even at daily motion, it was uploaded in parts

Takeru san’s photo during the opening credits of his latest drama, “Emperor’s Cook”.
Thank you TBS for focusing on his dimple.  ♡ (‘∀ `)
credit: weibo taketaketakeru

Takeru san’s photo during the opening credits of his latest drama, “Emperor’s Cook”.Thank you TBS for focusing on his dimple.  ♡ (‘∀ `)credit: weibo taketaketakeru

Archived