[Current Japanese Drama 2015] The Emperor's Cook/Tenno no Ryoriban 天皇の料理番

thitu

Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting Report

July 7th, 2015 (Tuesday)

~translation~

Tokuzo Family’s Breakfast

In the eleventh episode, you saw the breakfast of Tokuzo-san’s own cooking!

tumblr_nr4bj1sonk1s0d0yno1_500.png

I wonder if Toshiko-san was feeling half determined not to make him worried and half happy to eat Tokuzo-san’s delicious meal. She was eating breakfast smiling gently.
They say this omelet was exquisite (as expected of the cook of His Majesty!) and the shooting went on while all his family members were helping themselves to it even off-camera, saying, ‘This is delicious, isn’t it?’ ^^

tumblr_nr4bj1sonk1s0d0yno2_500.png

The youngest son Shujiro-kun is just a young toddler who wants to be spoiled.
When he came into his mother’s room to see her, he was surprised at Toshiko-san’s prank.

Kuroki Haru-san, who is playing Toshiko-san, was practicing how to express Shutaro-kun’s description of his surprise together with Shujiro-kun while waiting for the shooting to start so secretly that even the staff didn’t notice it.
In order to relax his tension, she made him laugh by tickling Shu-chan … and by showing him her pouty mouth, and messed round with him. She was just like his actual mother. It was the moment when we felt her motherhood.

The moment when Tokuzo-san cracked up was of course … Of course it was often when he was shooting with Shitaro-san.
But this time, he burst into laughter with ‘that face’ of his youngest child Shu-chan.
Shutaro-kun had to keep that face for a while. (It is harder than expected! Please give it a try ~)
It seemed that he felt a rush of affection for him trying hard to keep his mouth slightly trembling, and couldn’t help laughing unexpectedly, saying, ‘Sorry!’ ^^
Both in the drama and the shooting site, Shu-chan made everybody smile♪

credit: stephany-310.tumblr.com

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, @LylanieP, Toshiko died early while her children are still young.

tumblr_nr80wk7y711s0d0yno1_500.png

July 9th, 2015 (Tuesday)

~translation~

Toshiko-san Can’t Stop Laughing

Unexpected reunion with Shintaro-san …
Who imagined that he had been cast in jail? ^^

He and Tokuzo-san seem to be inseparably bound up with each other (lol)
After that he stuffed his mouth full of rice at Kirizuka-sensei’s house … typical of Shintaro-san.
To our surprise, Shintaro-san seemed to see Toshiko-san for the first time and he greeted her.
At that moment, some accident happened … to Toshiko-san?!

Toshiko-san couldn’t stop laughing during the shooting.
Something seemed to have made her roll on the floor laughing and she couldn’t stop laughing!
Then Tokuzo-san sitting next to her calmly said, ‘It’s because of Shintaro-san’s face, right?
On the other hand, Shintaro-san was blankly watching their conversation, and said, ‘I’m often told so *sweat*’, appearing a little lonely? (lol)
She denied it in a hurry, saying, ‘Soooorry ~ *sweat* I didn’t mean it!’ but she kept on smiling all the while.
It was the scene where they had a lively conversation because Tokuzo-san saw his lifelong friend and the one he owed his life to again,

I agree, @kokoro_ai. Takeru changed his hair, his voice and his acting style for this drama.

Takeru Sato and his co-star, Haru Kuroki, shook hands on her last day of shooting for the drama "Tenno No Ryoriban" where she played the role of Toshiko, his character, Tokuzo's wife.
credit: usasa7

tumblr_nr9nn8GTGi1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

Toshiko looks pretty in this photo holding her bouquet of flowers on her last shooting day.
credit: baidu sato takeru

tumblr_inline_nrbr9cMcwE1t29qy4_540.jpg

In anticipation of the airing of the final episode of "Tenno No Ryoriban" (Emperor's Cook) which will be shown tomorrow, July 12, here's a 26 minute video featuring the hightlights of the drama from Eps. 1 to 11.
credit: TBS

tumblr_nrbm29lNfI1s0d0yno1_500.png

July 11th, 2015 (Saturday)

~translation~

Nom Nom … Shintaro-san

Even his pajamas are dope.
As expected of Shintaro-san, he easily settled into Banzai-ken.

Snitching food is his specialty, but it was a carrot that Director instructed him to snitch … ?!
Shitaro-san munched, saying, ‘Am I a rabbit!?’
To see him, O-Ume-san forgot to scold him and asked him blankly before she knew it, ‘What? Are you eating a carrot? (lol)’
‘Nom nom … Hmm … Carrot is in itself yummy unexpectedly!’ Shintaro-san enjoyed the flavor of the raw ingredient^^

By the way …
finally, tomorrow, on July 12th, we’ll air the last episode.

How will Tokuzo-san’s life as a cook be described in the last episode …?
The team Kazoku-kaikan will play an active role!
The buddy-buddy apprentice trio will be back!

The love for Tokuzo-san from Tokuzo-san’s brother, who has gone far away, and Toshiko-san, his loved one, has not changed even if they are apart from each other. It is ultimate love that is there for him forever.

And … Tokuzo-san’s life as a cook filled with tears and laughter will come to an end at last after 58 years.

Please watch Tokuzo-san to the last!

For those who want to enjoy ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ all day long before the last episode,
and for those who cannot watch the digest broadcast,
we’re delivering the special digest on the web,
 so please enjoy it, too!

Guest hiranade

I think tokuzo is very lucky has his big brother and Toshiko-san whom love him sincerely. For my thought, They are one of reason why tokuzo being great chef.

Thanks so much @pechumori for updates this drama, and other fellow @thitu, @kokoro_ai, @bakachin and @LylanieP. Watching this drama like ride roller coaster, sometimes laughing so hard and sometimes crying hard. Once again as sato fans, proud to watch his great acting. 

You're welcome @hiranade. It was a memorable drama, so touching and inspiring.

Let us not forget Usami san and Shintaro san, who have never left Tokuzo through all those years.

The viewership rating for the final Episode of “Emperor’s Cook” which was aired yesterday July 12, 2015 was 17.7% based on the Video Research survey, Kanto region. The rating went up by 0.9% as compared to last episode's rating which was 16.8%.

Here are the ratings for each episode:

Episode 1 (4/26): 15.1%
Episode 2 (5/03): 11.4%
Episode 3 (5/10): 12.0%
Episode 4 (5/17): 12.7%
Episode 5 (5/24): 14.5%
Episode 6 (5/31): 14.1%
Episode 7 (6/07): 14.9%
Episode 8 (6/14): 15.3%
Episode 9 (6/21): 16.7%
Episode 10(6/28): 16.1%
Episode 11(7/05): 16.8%
Episode 12(7/12): 17.7%

credit: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2055859/full/?ref_cd=tw

Congratulations to Takeru san, the cast and crew of "Tenno No Ryoriban" (Emperor's Cook)!

Staff Report, July 12, 2015

~translation~

Looking Back On ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ the Last Episode!!

Good evening everybody!!

We’d like to look back on the moment when Takeru finished shooting ‘Tenno no Ryoiban’ whose last episode is to be aired today.☆

tumblr_nrdk0aYAAO1smu73fo3_540.jpg

He finished the shooting that lasted for about half a year, and today the last episode is to be broadcast.!!

Supported by the staff, cast, and above all by his fans who have been looking forward to the broadcast, he was able to play the role of Akiyama Tokuzo with his whole heart to the last.

Please support this drama to the last that was a great challenge for him.♪

tumblr_nrdk0aYAAO1smu73fo1_540.jpg

That’s all for today’s staff report!!

July 12th, 2015 (Sunday)

A Life of 58 Years as a Cook … The End of the Shooting of Half a Year

Did you enjoy ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’?

Thank you for living Tokuzo-san’s life of 58 years as a cook together, watching him.
His life had ups and downs filled with tears and love.

Similarly having ups and downs, the shooting of this drama which is filled with love lasted half a year …
‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ took exceptionally long time in shooting for usual dramas.
We’d like to close this shooting report with enthusiastic messages from the casts who had just finished the shooting in order of time.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/0fc65ae8e3a021c16055852ff712ac7f/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno1_1280.jpg

<1> Sato Gajiro-san as Morita Sennosuke

‘It was fun.
Takaoka Saki-san (O-Ume-san) was very beautiful! It was the most fun part. (lol)
Takeru-kun did his job well~! See you!’

<2> Ashina Sei-san, as Kayano

‘Thank you very much! I’ve wanted to play oiran (courtesan). I was very happy to wear beautiful kimonos.
Thanks to all the staff, I was able to enjoy the shooting very much.
I suppose the shooting will have a long way to go. Please take care of yourself. I’m looking forward to seeing you again!

http://41.media.tumblr.com/5d9b6687885b29edf0fa10eee00c383c/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno2_1280.jpg

<3> Go Hiromi-san, as Awano Shin'ichiro

‘I played in a drama after a long interval, but our team was so warm that I forgot about it. I was able to enjoy the shooting. Thank you very much.’                                

<4> Suzuki Ryohei-san, as Akiyama Shutaro

'I’ve done it ~!!
Everything has an end … I had imagined how I would feel when I had finished all the shooting today.
You rarely get the chance like this. If you ask me if it was tough for me, I’ll say, of course, it was tough. But when I thought I would never get such a role again in my life that would give me so much pain, and at the same time, so much anticipation as an actor, I was determined to devote everything to  the role as Shutaro for half a year so as not to have any regret.
As for me, I have moments of reflection, but I also feel I have performed my role well, and all I can do is to appreciate having opportunity to take part in the drama 'Tenno no Ryoriban’, Ishimaru-san inviting me, and all the other staffs.
Especially, I’m really grateful to Producer Ishimaru for putting me under severe pressure and being hard on me. Above all, I was able to perform thanks to the staffs, Takeru and all the casts … oh, no *tears* … This is the first time to cry at the finishing the shooting … *cry* … The shooting will go on and I was given the scenarios to be filmed in the future, but I’d like to avoid reading them, for as a fan of 'Tenno no Ryoriban’, I want to share the rest of the story, after I disappeared, with all the viewers. Thank you very much, Thanks.’

http://36.media.tumblr.com/8a917e8d2ba20f7c56b88cd871f55dfd/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno3_1280.png

<5> Hino Youjin, as Takahama Kinnosuke

'I’ve been really happy.
It was a pressure for me to work with such a wonderful scenario, wonderful staff, and wonderful cast, but the most difficult thins is also the greatest happiness you can have, I think. Thank you very much!’

<6> Ohshima Satoko-san, as Takahama Hare

'I’m really proud of being engaged in such an enthusiastic shooting site. I’m sad the shooting is over. In many senses, this era is new to me and I got excited every time I came to the shooting site. I regret that I have to finish the shooting now. I’m looking forward to the broadcast as a viewer!

http://41.media.tumblr.com/865e131587c8ba75e1371daa4cd61dff/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno4_1280.png

<7> Sapphira van Door-san, as Francoise
‘I’m glad that I had the chance to appear in a wonderful drama like this.
It was tough but a lot of jun.
Think you very much!’

<8> Takeda Tetsuya-san, as Kirizuka Shougo
‘I’m very happy to work with Japan’s leading young actors and actresses. I prefer to try this and that, but I think I did a serious performance this time. (lol) As I told our lead actor, unusually, my wife wanted to watch this drama with our children, so the viewer rating is 100% in my family.
I pray that this drama will be a new style of TBS dramas, following ‘Jin’ and rising above ‘Hanzawa’. I’m departing a little earlier than the other members, but please keep up the good work to the last!

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ff7440bf4ab0690297921a38d2e9eb71/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno5_500.png

<9> Kuroki Haru-san, as Takahama Toshiko

‘I’m honestly happy to take part in a well-produced drama like this. It was as hard as ever had been. With a help from Ishimaru-san, Director Hirakawa … and many other people, I was able to play a wonderful role as Toshiko-san. I had a chance to be treated to delicious food by cooking supervising staff. (lol) They helped me a lot and I appreciate it. It was love, it was really filled with love, I was thinking in the shooting site.
I couldn’t stay with Tokuzo-san to the last, and will not be able to be in the shooting site from now on, but I’ll continue to work as a narrator for the drama, so let’s keep working hard together to the last! Thank you very much!’ 

http://36.media.tumblr.com/32df8d6c05393c88a86b48f1dd50dadc/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno6_1280.png

<10> Sugimoto Tetta-san, as Akiyama Shuzo
I had not had a chance to play a role for such a long time like this recently, so I’ll miss Shuzo-san. Shuzo-san really shouted a lot at Akiyama family and was always angry, but Sugimoto family is just the opposite and I never get angry at home! So I felt good playing this role. (lol) I’m really happy to take part in this drama. Thank you very much!’

<11> Miho Jun-san, as Akiyama Fuki
'I’ve been playing this role for half a year since it was cold last year. This drama revives cool aspects of Japan, you know. A lot of women of my generation often praise Fuki-san these days. I wonder if I have gained motherhood … Or her motherly care was good … I’m often asked what will happen in the future, but I always keep it secret and never tell them! Thank you very much for half a year!’

http://40.media.tumblr.com/49eb8848863939952b087222994a063b/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno7_1280.png

<12> Kobayashi Kaoru-san, as Usami Kaneichi
'Well, well … Not only Director but all the staff had difficulty in their own positions because this drama has as many as twelve episodes, I guess. There are a little more shooting left, so keep up the good work. Thanks for everything!’

<13> Takaoka Saki-san, as Morita Ume
I enjoyed O-Ume-san’s life for three months. Thank you very much!’

http://40.media.tumblr.com/5e977ffb97164138d216b0fc7076d62c/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno8_1280.png

<14> Kiritani Kenta-san, as Matsui Shintaro
I’d like to do it again! I’m very proud of being in this team.
Producing this drama has been both physically and mentally challenging for all of you, I suppose. As an actor, I feel blessed to work here. It’s all thanks to the staff that I was able to get into my character immediately. This is the perfect environment for actors to play in, I think.
Through playing Shintaro, I learned to live my life more flexibly and lightly.
Anyway, I’m very happy to have worked with you all.
I’d like to do it again, Ishimaru-san!! I’ll devote myself, believing I’ll be able to work with you again.
(Takeru-san, who had come over to see him finish the shooting) I think it must have been really tough, Takeru ~ …
You have just a little more shooting, right? Please keep up the good work to the last. Thank you very much!’

<15> Emoto Tasuku-san, as Yamagami Tatsukichi
’Thank you very much!
I first thought half a year would be long ~, but now that it has finished, I feel it passed by like a flash. Producer Ishimaru invited me after ten years’ interval since 'Sekai-no Chushin-de Ai-wo Sakebu’, there was 'Tonbi’ between them, though. So I tried my best but … um … I’m not sure how I did it well (lol) … Thank you very much. One more day to go, right?
Keep up the good work! Let’s drink at the job-well-done party!’

http://41.media.tumblr.com/7e2e28066163af1698439ca6827f8bfe/tumblr_nrdp7hLq5j1s0d0yno9_500.png

<16> Sato Takeru-san, as Akiyama Tokuzo
'Thank you very much for your hard work!
All the shooting has finished. It was really long, I think. All of you worked very hard, I think.
Thank you very much. As for me … This drama was really a challenge. I’ve been worrying whether I could perform this role to the last. Every day I really felt my shortcomings, but having my new aspect elicited, I have been doing until today. No other work has made me feel myself progress so much. I’m not good at talking and this is the first time to feel so upset at the shooting site like this. I think I have caused a lot of trouble to you.
It’s all thanks to your support that I was able to keep on working until today, just like Tokuzo-san.
It’s really thanks to you all. All that comes to my mind is words of thanks.
And thank you for your hard work for this half a year.
I’m proud that I had the chance to perform in this drama, to play the lead in this drama from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you very much!’

It has been half a year since the shooting started in December last year.

We aired  all the twelve episodes of ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’  from April 26th.

And this shooting report started on March 19th.
Thank you very much for five months!

The official website will be updated further on.
We’re waiting for your enthusiastic messages here!

Thank you for having supported ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’!

See you again.

*note by steph*

Refer to this page to know how to post your message.

credit: http://stephany-310.tumblr.com/post/123890432354/tenno-no-ryoriban-shooting-report-july-12th-2015

July 13th, 2015 (Monday)

~translation~

Farewell Message

We told you that yesterday’s Shooting Report was to be the last … but we’d like to make another update.

Just after the last episode ended, we have been receiving a lot of continual heart-warming fan messages.
Thank you very much for supporting ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’!

Thanks to you all, the last episode aired last night recorded the highest rating so far among the serial dramas on commercial television which started in 2015.
(viewing rates is based on the Video Research: Kanto district)

The moment of the highest instantaneous viewing rating was 20.3% recorded at the last scene of this drama at 22:21.

It was this scene: When Tokuzo-san (Sato Takeru), who was going to put an end to his life as an Emperor’s  cook after serving for 58 years, visited Showa Emperor to bid farewell, he accepted words,
‘You served me well over the years. Take good care of yourself just as you have taken good care of me. Cooking is cordiality, Head Palace Chef Akiyama, right?’
and he took out the bells of his dear wife Toshiko-san (Kuroki Haru), saying, ‘Thank you … Toshiko’, when the bells tinkles.

You have the last message from Sato Takeru-san, who played Tokuzo-san after finishing airing all the episodes:
‘Thank you for watching the drama to the last. I hope our best cordiality and this drama, which was produced with love, will remain forever in your heart.’

This is really the last message.

A dream cannot come true overnight, nor can you make it come true all by yourself.
He was able to make his dream come true only because he had a lot of people who supported him.
It was because he loved his wife, his family, and his professor. It was because he relied on his friends, believed his dream, and loved cooking all through his life.
And it is thanks to all the viewers
who supported us and watched this drama to the last episode that this drama has been loved by a lot of people.

This Shooting Report finishes (really) once.

We will keep on receiving fan messages. We are waiting for your enthusiastic messages!

Thank you very much for supporting us!

*note by steph*
Refer to this page to know how to post your message.

Guest nel84

Thanks for having this thread. I learned a lot about the filming of the series.

Kuroki Haru as Toshiko was splendid. She was such a natural.  I look forward to her future projects.

I think this is the best of Sato Takeru  so far. As his character in the series matured, I felt that he also matured as an actor.

This is one of best dorama that I have seen.

Archived