Guest ororomunroe

3 hours ago, seafishy said:

Ep 6 is what i can watch again and again without being bored :D

Guys, is that SKJ's voice at the end of the video? before next week teaser

new ost with Inho's voice? really??? :w00t:

I thought it sounded like seo kang joon and also becos it didnt sound like a professional singer. It will be interesting if he release an ost.

If thats the case, i hope park haejin release one later too!

----

Again about jung's 'manipulation' i think probably he got this high IQ and he probably see everything like a chess player and just make his move logically. I agree he didnt factor in this variable call human emotions.

But then its hard, for e. g when prof kang gave HS group a D, was it fair? If we argue with reasoning, its all logical but emotionally it just hit the whole class like a *bang*.

Hence i think if we want to judge a person (even tho i think one shd avoid doing so) is to examine his intentions and not just seeing the action. So far i think what he had done is honourable(if my memory didnt fail me). Except when he got the scholarship for Seol, it was noble but if he dont get it, cld it have been another student who is the recipient n not seol?

Anyway, yes i love ep 6 very much. Things just get better n better. I got a feel they may hit 7% nxt week:)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I thought it sounded like seo kang joon and also becos it didnt sound like a professional singer. It will be interesting if he release an ost.

If thats the case, i hope park haejin release one later too!

Seo Kang Jun is actually part of an idol group 5urprise :D Their concept is actor-singer if I am not wrong so I wouldn't be suprised if he did an OST for the drama.

@bjvipb2uty

thank you so much.

Absolutely. The apartment conversation was the highlight of the episode for me too. I really like it how the skinship is happening after they have reached a certain point in the relationship. it adds to the value. oh her monologue in her mind....just the fact that someone is there to care and acknowledge her...that her hardwork is not in vain...its these small things that matter right? 

Oh i want more conversations as well. They'll need it with young on coming in the picture

'Cheese In The Trap' Attracts Middle-Aged Audiences

"Cheese in the Trap" is taking over the legacy left by "Reply 1988," as a cable series that is trending towards record-viewership. 

On January 18, "Cheese in the Trap" recorded its highest ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the fifth episode of the web toon adaptation received 6.490 percent in viewership, with the sixth episode experiencing a slight dip to 6.27 percent. 

An article published by jTBC on the Joins platform examined the growing audience of the drama, which combines romantic comedy with the ominous notes of a thriller.  

"It seems that 'Cheese in the Trap' is receiving an explosive reaction from middle-aged audiences," said the Joins writer. 

The emerging series currently has higher ratings than its predecessor, "Bubblegum," which reached 1.76 percent of cable viewers on October 27, 2015.

Led by Lee Dong Wook (Blade Man) and Jung Ryeo Won (The King of Dramas), "Bubblegum" received paltry viewership of 2.5 percent by female audiences in their thirties and 2.3 percent for female viewers in their forties.

By contrast, "Cheese in the Trap" attracted 6.3 percent of female cable viewers in their thirties and up to 10.8 percent of women in their forties.

The author noted the elements that differentiate the cable program from terrestrial series, including the slightly creepy love triangle that is developing between Park Hae Jin (You Who Came from the Star), Kim Go Eun (Coin Locker Girl), and Seo Kang Joon (Cunning Single Lady). 

Older audiences are likely drawn by the cunning charismatic presence of Park Hae Jin, who brilliantly portrays Yoo Jung, a brilliant collegian with a dark past who seemingly stalks Hong Seol (Kim Go Eun) and coyly manipulates her life until she agrees to date him. 

Seol is wary of her newfound boyfriend and her situation is compounded when his step-brother, Baek In Ho (Seo Kang Joon), a recovering drug addict and former professional pianist, insinuates himself into her life. 

As noted by one of the KDramaStars writers in a recent conversation, Seol is like Bella from the "Twilight" series. She is an intelligent introvert who develops a romantic relationship with a young man who appears to be perfect, but deep down, she knows that something is not quite right with the model scholar. 

"Cheese in the Trap" airs tvN on Mondays and Tuesdays in the 11 p.m. KST time slot. The series is available with English subtitles on DramaFever. 

---

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/112545/20160120/cheese-in-the-trap-attracts-middle-aged-audiences.htm

just to know that he leave the academy i miss inho already..seo kang joon how you potray baek in ho were awesome..i don't really like  inho in manhwa..

is it true park hae jin ideal woman is kim go eun..:scream:..park hae jin shi..kim go eun shii..I will ship you both till the end..(drama+realiti)..fighting!!!

I already hate min soo for copying seol..n the stalker..n of course sang cheol..just seeing him in a glance make me want to smash him in the face..

I am worried jung is showing his dark side more but in the same time I am so relieved coz he is begin to live as human..seol I hope you understand jung behavior n don't let negative think take over your judgement..uri jung is :heart::heart::heart:

2 hours ago, wassilou said:

Seo Kang Jun is actually part of an idol group 5urprise :D Their concept is actor-singer if I am not wrong so I wouldn't be suprised if he did an OST for the drama.

I thought it was his voice at the end of Ep 6. It sounded like him singing. Hopefully will find out soon ^^

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@MrsSoJiSub My problem is that I am reading the webtoon on webtoons.com and the story is stuck at season 2 chapter 37 or something like that, when In Ho defends HS from YG!

It would be great if you could tell what Min Soo did to HS... I know, she started copying HS' style after wachting the preview, but that's it! So I don't mind of getting more info from the webtoon, while waiting for the next episode!!

Your story makes me looking forward to that scene! 

In a comment on the line webtoon app someone mentioned there's a naver link with the english translation of most if not all episodes. Maybe someone who has access can share the link.

never mind I think someone posted it already. Lol.

I too am loving the conversations. Contrary to some other opinions I don't see Seol as a pushover with Jung. I see she very much stands her ground even when she's polite and proper. And more so even when she's drunk. Lol. 

My favorite scenes for episode 6: 

- Jung finds her at the bar, when she smacks both of them. When she's jealous about his past girlfriends and totally fixated on whether he dated In Ha. This is very new to her but it makes her seem very human to me.

- When IH says they should break up and he tells him to shut up. Lol.

- When they are at the cafe and he tells her he was prepared to be in more trouble. Lol. Kyopta. He is a goner.

- When he picks her up at the academy, plays with her bangs and grabs her face. He is a goner. 

- His aegyo at home alone totally spazzing over the watch. 

- Her home scene where she's pouring her heart out and he changes his position to face her and directly tell her how much he admires her and that she's doing great. Epic. 

- HS asking Jung when he started liking her was a throwback to me asking my husband the same question when we started dating. Memories. 

I believe in Jung. She's going to draw out all the preciousness he's been holding back. He is going to love so much that he will give up for the love. He doesn't even know it. Wait I don't know but I definitely hope that happens. Lol. 

5 hours ago, bjvipb2uty said:

I just watched episode 6 with subs and you know what, no matter how I look at it, Jung's flaws, mistakes, and whatnot, imma stand my ground by this guy. There's just something about him, his environment, his experiences, his life, etc. Call me crazy but I think Jung has one of the purest hearts in the drama. Ya know, the real Jung that's hiding behind all those shields he's put up to protect himself. *sigh*

Oh God your comment made me so sad. I just felt like hugging him ugh Yoojung ah T____T Thank you for saying this, its like all my heart is in this comment haha

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@qwenli and @rhaps

I had already posted a link about the different traits for a psychopath and YJ really doesn't belong to it. I have to disagree with the comment, he has less empathy or he is not sensitive. Actually, I see quite the opposite: he is super sensitive! His oversensibility is what makes him hurt or gets him mad. To me, the two scenes with the ant and the snail reveal his delicacy and sensitivity. It shows, he is extra cautious and careful. He treats these little "animals" with great care, while people wouldn't even look at these. Because people kept saying, YJ is creepy in that scene, I was expecting something but his gaze really reveals that he does care for these "little animals". You feel his admiration for the ant and the snail as he is smiling and the smile is never fake. It has nothing to do, he wants to feel his power over these "animals".

He feels empathy because he is able to see that JW had been harassed or NJY had harassed HS and thought, if he showed NJY the cold shoulder, she would stop it.

But YJ made several mistakes. He never imagined that NJY would be so twisted and dangerous! Just like he never thought, Young Go had the potential of a stalker. But Young Go had already a terrible reputation at the college.

Therefore I came to the conclusion. First, he is bad at reading people. He didn't know about Do Hyun's bad reputation as rapist. Secondly these 3 examples point out that YJ doesn't know people very well because he isn't so interested in them. But his neglect for paying more attention to people is what hurts HS and him in the process.

As conclusion: he is surrounded by people and he doesn't notice their true bad personality because all he sees is if they have ulterior motives towards him or not. He doesn't look beyond the ulterior motives as he is not interested to get to know them. And that's his mistake!  

CLAPPING...... I agree with you @bebebisous33. YJ has always been a loner because people always want to use him. People also Misunderstand YJ and they all think he is so easy until they get on his bad side. 

Who the heck wrote that 'Middle Aged' article...? They have obviously not watched the show. No way in hell is Jung an Edward or Seol a Bella. It's waaaay too simple to pigeon hole them like that. Seol's world is not going to end. She not going to hole herself in her room and literally try to kill herself if she doesn't have/Jung leaves her life. Girl will do like we saw her do when she wasn't talking to him for days...go on living her life, studying, working, meeting and eating and talking with friends. Seol's life does not revolve around Jung (even now in the webtoon the two have so much of a life outside one another, they barely have time -though they make the time and effort- to see one another). The day Yoo Jung becomes a controlling, manipulative, abusive richard simmons who burglarizes Seol's room, rips up all the pictures, memoires, etc the two of them have shared and just thieves a part of her life from her like Edward did to Bella, is the day I am done with this drama. No it is the day I fly to Korea and kill the writer for ruining such a good thing! Seol is not going to literally die and give up everything it means to be human for Jung (I don't think Jung would even ask that of her) *tells self to breathe and calm down* I get some the comparisons and see why it would be so easy to categorize the two as the same, but CitT is no Twilight and our two leads characters are no Bella & Edward. Sorry I just have such dislike for Twilight (okay I enjoyed the first book) and Edward and Bella's relationship...Seol actually stands up to Jung's bs and doesn't let him get away with some of his richard simmons!

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, he never really liked her. It was more an obsession and he wanted to believe these lies and he never asked HS about her feelings. He is a real psycho!!

Reveal hidden contents

From the start, Young Go was a student who would run after girls! He wanted to date Bora, but Bora refused and YG wasn't going to give up. Eun Taek stopped YG from going after Bora at a basket ball game and YG got humiliated. After that event, YG became an outcast. Nevertheless, HS tried to console him and because of YJ's comment and NJY's lies, YG started stalking HS. Only thanks to ET who beats him she can get rid of him! That's why YG mentioned, HS seduced Eun taek as well!  

Oh really?? Ahh.. So you think that he will make something bad to Hong Seol and Yoo Jung ini next episode?

anyway thanks for the info :)

19 hours ago, madlena said:

Just to clear out some things!! for anyone that has doubts about who is the lead, i mean come on.. Its pretty clear its jung, soonkki said it clearly when she did some drawings answering fan questions she stated clearly :" when i started drawing the lead (jung) bla bla bla" i mean even if she didn't say that its crystal clear jung is the lead! Plus they casted phj to play him and seo kang joon for inho, no offense t seo kang jun (he is really good  as inho) but he is not at phj's level!!

Absolutely agree with you. Jung is the lead male. I mean everyone knows it. So just stop talking about it because it can be hurt another and lets enjoy the drama. there are many things that we can talk about rather than discusses this.

Wow! this thread is moving so fast.... but I am not complaining.

Thanks! I enjoy reading everyone's pov, explanations, fangirlings, etc.

I finally watched ep6 with English sub for a thousand times already...  and I must admit ep6 is one of my favorite episode, aside from ep1, ep2, ep3, ep4, ep5....Lol...

I do not want to over analyze, cause I am enjoying every part of this drama...

Up to this point I am still madly in love with Yoo Jung, who looks so perfect and yet is not perfect... 

I love all the scenes where Yoo Jung and Hong Seol is talking to one another... beside the fact that their chemistry is DABOOM... you can see the development of their relationship... the effort that both is exerting to know each other is admirable... Though I think Yoo Jung somehow already knew something about Hong Seol, cause he stalked her the moment he felt something special for her.... But Hong Seol definitely is zero knowledge about him... So it is so exciting to see them opening up to one another... but then, I think Hong Seol will definitely get the shock of her life when she learn and definitely experience the circumstances of Yoo Jung's previous decision/moves.

I don't know if it is because of PHJ charisma, but I cannot hate Yoo Jung... the thing is I want to know Yoo Jung more as the story deepens.... he is such an intriguing persona to me... I want to see his gentleness more, but I also want to see his limitations on spot.... am I also different like Yoo Jung???? lol...

On a lighter note, is it only me? but the previous episodes shows a glowing Hong Seol.... I already find her beautiful even in the first part of the drama... but in ep6 I think she is really glowing!!!

Btw, I will appreciate it very much if somebody can give me the site where I can download all this drama's OST... please....

Archived