Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! And I have added the other picture. Here, when she is hugged, she is literally radiating which expresses her happiness. She is surrounded by light. There is a light above the couple, but also behind on the corner, as if her love for him is getting stronger.

As for YJ, I can imagine, she represents a sunshine to him. Notice that she is under the light (episode 3/4), picture 2). So in that scene, when he asked her, the light goes on, as if there is some hope for him. Like he mentioned it in the episode 5 and 6, he wanted to get close to her but he didn't know how to do it, since he was well aware of her desdain for him. When she didn't refuse his request (episode 3/4), his face is smiling/radiating and the light is also on! Sunshine doesn't only mean hope, but also warmth something he has been missing all his life. Like Yoo Jong mentioned it, people approached with intentions so that he never felt loved. Lack of love implies lack of warmth and a sunshine is supposed to warm you!

He felt lonely and he is often represented as if he was surrounded by darkness. Each time he confronted the baddies and he was mad at them, it was always during the night (Yoon Sub, NJY and SC). He showed his dark side, but darkness is always accompanied with loneliness. That's why you can interprete the scene in the episode 3 and 4 differently too. 

And in the posted picture, we could also analyse it as YJ's happiness as well.

It seems that the director is paying attention to such little details! 

BEAUTIFUL THOUGHTS, thank you!

@mensi First, you're welcome! Thanks for the compliment!!:wub:

Besides, how can be YJ "warm" next to people who were scheming and did something wrong!? His coldness reflects his state of mind, but also their wrongdoings were the reasons why he got upset and cold! So the baddies get a reflection of their wrongdoings: you feel coldness, when you act as a cold-blooded person! And they didn't like it. I have the impression that YJ's face can be considered as a mirror. He feels HS' warmth therefore he is able to give this warmth and tenderness back. When he sees manipulating, coldblooded people, he will act as such!

Hi guys!! I was a silent lurker here b4..This is the second thread in soompi after I Remember You that managed to make me to post something..well I guess I love mysterious characters..I love Jung the same way I love Min(Bogummy) from IRY..LOL..their scary stare tho..

I got some questions..I'm okay with spoilers bcos I can't handle my curiosity  any longer..haha..I'll appreciate if any of webtoon followers could help me.

1.what is the significance in Jung's love for ART n ANIMALS ?

2.what is actually Jung's dark side?violence?or more than that?  Bcos I dont think Jung is that bad or manipulative when he faced SC , JY, DC..they r the bad ones..even I couldnt stand with their wrongdoings..

3.I'm curious how Jung will reveal Min Soo in front of other people

4.the moment Jung fall for HS when they preparing the event...is the event is the same event when HS drunk? Im sorry bcos Im a bit confused with the timeline..

Mianhae for asking too many questions in advance..btw, CITT is so cute..

10 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

They were too potential bromance for my liking but also liking in this scene. I loved when Inho suggests they are not compatible and should break up. Jung was so quick to tell him to "shut it" LOL. The truck load of girls comments that leads Seol to take more shots and the drummer boy non ex that causes Jung to feel some type of way (PHJ has the best minute expressions. "Natural curls, say it!" LMFAO. KGE was perfection in that scene. How anyone ever doubted her blows my mind (had kneitzens not seen her in everyone her movies? She shines in all her roles). Her on true concern..."did you ever date Baek Inja??" Awww our girl, how can't anyone not see she likes Jung too (her character is never going to be one to shut it from the rooftops). They had just fought over a very serious matter and of all the things she could have asked about (Inho's hand, his relationship with Jung Yoo, the assistant Heo mess, why he did her like that last year), she became a slightly insecure girlfriend that wanted to know if her boyfriend ever dated "that pretty girl" heh. I love both boys being amendment that, that never happened. What I want to know is if Inho was offended for Jung or for his sister? LOL. 

Omg. This was the best part because no matter how smart you are when you fall for a guy you become mush. Lol. I loved those two dialogue interactions because it shows she's totally in. She's also being thoughtful of protecting her relationship because she held back asking about young on. There's a point in a serious relationship where you don't want to be too childish cause the guy will get tired and if you're serious you try to work it out better. I think that's where she's at. I loved it when she told him not to think. Lol. Hilarious. She's tiny and may seem fragile but she has a strong personality and values. Is it true that PHJ said she was his ideal? Was this a promotional comment? It seems like a fairytale in real life if they did because she's not a plástic. She's a legit actress. She proved herself. 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! And I have added the other picture. Here, when she is hugged, she is literally radiating which expresses her happiness. She is surrounded by light. There is a light above the couple, but also behind on the corner, as if her love for him is getting stronger.

As for YJ, I can imagine, she represents a sunshine to him. Notice that she is under the light (episode 3/4), picre 2). So in that scene, when he asked her, the light goes on, as if there is some hope for him. Like he mentioned it in the episode 5 and 6, he wanted to get close to her but he didn't know how to do it, since he was well aware of her desdain for him. When she didn't refuse his request (episode 3/4), his face is smiling/radiating and the light is also on! Sunshine doesn't only mean hope, 

2 hours ago, mensi said:

The timeline... Since i'm busy with work, i'll just watched the drama without thinking too much of the timeline. The other day, i watch the latest episode while doing house chore. By the way, i have too much dramas in my plate with only free time 2-3hours per day. Ha ha. I want to enjoy the drama while it still fresh and fangirling Park Hae jin's YJ. When i'm free or drama free, i'll tend to rewatch them for better understanding. 

3 hours ago, RandomAwesome said:

Hi guys!! I was a silent lurker here b4..This is the second thread in soompi after I Remember You that managed to make me to post something..well I guess I love mysterious characters..I love Jung the same way I love Min(Bogummy) from IRY..LOL..their scary stare tho..

I got some questions..I'm okay with spoilers bcos I can't handle my curiosity  any longer..haha..I'll appreciate if any of webtoon followers could help me.

1.what is the significance in Jung's love for ART n ANIMALS ?

2.what is actually Jung's dark side?violence?or more than that?  Bcos I dont think Jung is that bad or manipulative when he faced SC , JY, DC..they r the bad ones..even I couldnt stand with their wrongdoings..

3.I'm curious how Jung will reveal Min Soo in front of other people

4.the moment Jung fall for HS when they preparing the event...is the event is the same event when HS drunk? Im sorry bcos Im a bit confused with the timeline..

Mianhae for asking too many questions in advance..btw, CITT is so cute..

Hey! :) Glad you joined!

I'll try to respond as best as I can.

1. The webtoon didn't include anything about Jung having an affinity to animals and art. That's something the drama threw in. People here discussed that its to show his sensitivity. There were other neat insights people had on it but I can't recall the exact wording. I'll try to find the posts so I can just link them.

2. I think its up to everyone to make their judgement on Yoojung. For example, I don't think he's a sociopath but others may think he is. Like you, I felt no pity towards the people you mentioned. They did wrong. Or like someone else said here, Yoo Jung doesn't have to be strictly classified as a 'dark' or 'white' character. There's nothing wrong with being in between.

But like I said its up to you. The webtoon does give a few more details on Yoo Jung but you can still make your judgement based off what you see in the drama since it sticks to the webtoon quite well.

3. He creates a situation in which everyone finds out a lie Min Soo made. Haha I won't say unless you really really wanna know, then PM me~

4. The preparations for the bar event were a flashback. Hm I'm not sure. Maybe that was the event that they were at when she got drunk. I'd have to go back and see if its the same bar. Maybe someone else remembers.

I love the light theory. I always thought the light represented their developing relationship and that when it is on- the relationship/Seol's feelings are solid, shinning, and in a good place, light flickering- confusion, insecurity, not sure of him herself and what they have, lights off- well that can't be good LOL

How ironic is that for Jung and his inability to give that "just this one time..." he is dating the one girl who believes in and is doing that with him. I think that's why he erases the messages when he hadn't heard from her in days (though it's telling that he hesitates a bit, did not delete their background photo of his screen saver, and couldn't wait for tomorrow but had to go and meet her as soon as she texted). For him that meant their relationship was over. Having not heard from her, he assumed it meant she wouldn't forgive him (because he normally doesn't grant that "just once" ) and was just going to pretend to accept it (I like how later in the webtoon at least we see him change in this aspect). Luckily for him she does forgive him (to his surprise) and even let's it go. However Jung is really really going to have learn to be the one to approach her first. To put his pride or control or belief he is right to the side and go to her and seek moving past their issues . He needs to better learn to communicate because Seol can't always be the one to call and seek resolving things (apologize then he can do the same, say how uncomfortable she was, then he can do the same). Little boy you are going to have to learn to be vulnerable with her and put all your true feelings out there first (if you miss her call her and say so. If you were wrong and want to talk, call her and say so!!)

Seol is going to eventually get tired of...why do I always have to apologize first? Why do I always have to be forgiving or understanding? Does he ever even say he's sorry?...well maybe not tired but it becomes a weight. A stressing unneeded weight and gah...Do better little boy...I need you two to work out LOL (funny enough even while reading the webtoon for as much as I love/ed them and ship them. I don't see them lasting long term *shrugs* they are both still so young and Seol got a lot of life to live. I always imagined her either still dating Jung like now -nothing like heading towards marriage or anything-  or and what I want is for her to be single. Jung can still be a part of her life and we can still have that hope or idea that somewhere down the line they may reunite, but I always imagined her single at the end of it all.

I absolutely love the touch these guys gave to yoo jung that way. In the sense how they show his like for animals. I esp like it cause it's not big animal like a dog or a pup as usually it goes. These are tiny little creatures we tend to crush absent mindedly or deliberately. So they should the streaks of sensitivity so nicely in him. One of the times he seems like a different person (other than of course during being with Seol) I liked it how they sort of put that ant scene when Seol gets to know abt his innocence in the class registration incident. It felt as if even she was seeing a different side to him. Good writing :)

Lovely eloquent discussion on the light metaphor guys. Just added to the beauty of those scenes

10 hours ago, mensi said:

Agree partially. There's the scene when Jung rescues Seol from the rapist Hyung who had her drunk at episode 3 and puts her in a cab. The way she put her in the car protecting her head not with his hand but with his arm was trained!! You can say I'm going too much into the detail but this and other moments show that he's experienced in dating. I don't believe he loved anyone before, and absolutely not valued anyone enough before to reflect about his own ways and motives the way he does with her. Not even Inho, who's pretty much obsessed with their relationship. That's another love story in the drama, imo. 

But trained by whom though? ;)

Are you sure that's not just PHJ? :P 

It could just be that he's really smart and very well-brought up.

11 hours ago, Ayu Rashid said:

Kyung hwan is the guy who always tag along with YJ in the drama n manga, not very memorable.

As for Jung's mom, she's an international lawyer who always travel overseas n Jung really missed her but they rarely talk abt her. That's why he always wears the wristwatch his mom bought for him to remember her. 

So there is a mother. :D She's been noticeable by her absence.

When I was typing "mother's basement" earlier, I did wonder if Jung raised himself. 

And he didn't mention his mother when he was ruminating about his childhood. Interesting.

1 hour ago, debolina said:

I absolutely love the touch these guys gave to yoo jung that way. In the sense how they show his like for animals. I esp like it cause it's not big animal like a dog or a pup as usually it goes. These are tiny little creatures we tend to crush absent mindedly or deliberately. So they should the streaks of sensitivity so nicely in him. One of the times he seems like a different person (other than of course during being with Seol) I liked it how they sort of put that ant scene when Seol gets to know abt his innocence in the class registration incident. It felt as if even she was seeing a different side to him. Good writing :)

Lovely eloquent discussion on the light metaphor guys. Just added to the beauty of those scenes

I always love those bug scenes for all the reasons you listed and also because of the fan reaction it all. Many times people expect to see/are waiting for Jung to crush them or kill them (it was the same reception from fans when it occurred in the webtoon) but time and again he just innocently admires them and then puts it back. I like the last one where they showed him admiring the snails, then cut to a scene of Inho eating something that looked like snails (I think it was just shrimp or something right). It was a nice subtle message of who is the strange one Jung (who viewers expect -maybe some hope- to crush these things) or all the rest of them who we the viewers see as the "normal' ones eat them without a second thought. 

I take it back....I want them together but not headed towards marriage or anything like that when the webtoon (will the writer ever end it!!!) and drama ends. Oh no why did I put that other idea out there in the first place and test the kdrama gods.....i always seems to bring these things on to myself....i wish for things then regret it the moment the wish is actually fulfilled...why did I not live and learn.....kdrama gods ignore that, that shall not be mentioned that I mentioned in my last post....

6 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I always love those bug scenes for all the reasons you listed and also because of the fan reaction it all. Many times people expect to see/are waiting for Jung to crush them or kill them (it was the same reception from fans when it occurred in the webtoon) but time and again he just innocently admires them and then puts it back. I like the last one where they showed him admiring the snails, then cut to a scene of Inho eating something that looked like snails (I think it was just shrimp or something right). It was a nice subtle message of who is the strange one Jung (who viewers expect -maybe some hope- to crush these things) or all the rest of them who we the viewers see as the "normal' ones eat them without a second thought. 

I take it back....I want them together but not headed towards marriage or anything like that when the webtoon (will the writer ever end it!!!) and drama ends. Oh no why did I put that other idea out there in the first place and test the kdrama gods.....i always seems to bring these things on to myself....i wish for things then regret it the moment the wish is actually fulfilled...why did I live and learn.....kdrama gods ignore that, that shall not be mentioned that I mentioned in my last post....

Hahaha. Crush the little things and show an evil glint in the eye? Yeah the snail bit was nicely done. The next scene when they switch to inho...I feel they are putting across the point of perspective. Like how yoo jung sees the thing n how in ho is (of course unaware cause it's normal). Similarly how others including in ho see yoo jung is also their perspective, which cold be onestled. A thing which is manipulative for us might be nto in yoo jung's perspective. 

9 minutes ago, Gitakawaii said:

hi guys so I have a question, the flashback scene in episode 6 where YJ remember HS taking care of him when he got the cold, did that occur before she got the scholarship or after? when exactly did that event occur?

In the webtoon and the drama the scene occurs before the scholarship and is what drives Yoo Jung to start taking an interest in Seol/breaks him of the prejudice judgements he had made of her. That flashback happens much much later in the webtoon but the flashback its self occurred during the period where Jung was being cold to Seol (legit in the webtoon he was being such a hard richard simmons towards Seol during that whole class/department planned celebration to raise money thing. He kept knocking down her ideas and just really giving her a hard time). After the whole flashback we saw happened he started to like Seol but off course because his richard simmons had been an richard simmons he couldn't approach her cause she'd just run (which we see her do in ep 1).

In the webtoon he's out one day sitting somewhere he can't really be seen, when he happens to overhear Seol's phone conversation where she explains she may have to take time off school again because of money issues (it had nothing to do with Jung, even though he had been giving her a hard time, and I really wish the drama had kept that). Jung liking her and wanting to get to know her, gives up his scholarship so that she could stay in school and he would have the opportunity to see her and get closer to her. In any other drama with any other character the girl (and viewers) would be swooning over what he did (which Seol has a short moment of and kind of hates herself for) and I'm so glad Seol did not (though I still think her anger was a bit too much). It's the same case with the motorbike (any other drama they would just stare at each other like idiots) and the bed/tv fall (I adore Seol for covering her lips and Jung for being smooth as richard simmons in his recovery and whispering in her ear "sunbae, let's sleep :huh:...sleep sleep" LMFAO that boy has dated before and learned a lot from it. PHJ is a gem and his facial expressions...they are the best) the webtoon writer does such a good job of not like knowing the troupes, using them, and still kind of flipping it all.

Oh because you guys kept mentioning it I watched Pride & Prejudice again last night (the Keira Knightely and Matthew Macfadyen version) and this story is soo that story...

Can I say I love how Jung asked Seol out. He really goes after what he wants. It was more funny and adorakable to me, than the creepy and aggresive I seen some viewers say it was. He asks her "Let's date" Seol freaks out and oh the poor girl the million things that must have gone through her head "no I never even thought of dating" "Oh okay then" drops hand, takes it  back, ahh wtf did I just do drops hand again LOL. It's not that I don't like you it's just I never though of having a boyfriend....okay then let's just date LMFAO he really wants to date this girl...let's date okay...sparkling look that i just can't resist...Seol is having an out of body experience, smiles and nod without even knowing what she's doing LOL fails to go through the door LMFAO poor girl...the freak out in her bedroom with all her selves wanting to know why she said yes was the best...Then the next day in school....(so damn obvious take it down 20 notches Seol) Sunbae!!!!...WTF you player Jung cool as hell, "oh, hey girl" and let's go eat ya'll LOL....I die hahahahahahahaha it's just too damn funny...she liked him more than she even knows......

33 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

it happened after HS received the scholarship, there was min soo there, HS knew min soo only after she returns to university.

If you ask about this because you think about when they start liking to each other, or when does YJ start  liking her? I think YJ might like her when he wants to be close with HS that's why he dropped his scholarship because as he said, he dislikes that HS to leave from school. But YJ hasn't realized that he likes her yet back then. And Seol too, I think she already likes her sunbae since she helped him that night when he was sick, but as I said, she didn't realized her feelings too. That's why she said yes spontaneously when he firstly asked to date him.

wouldn't it make more sense if it happened before though? like what @MrsSoJiSub said. I dont know im just a little confused

Archived