Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 3 August 2017

vlcsnap-2017-08-03-15h18m10s638.jpg?w=60

더운데 모두 더위조심

Everyone be careful in the heat 

Weibo:

zuijin tianqi feichang re, dajia zhuyi buyao zhongshu o [爱你]

The weather has been extremely hot lately, everyone please take care not to get a heat stroke. [爱你]

• Like 3

Watch: “Suspicious Partner” Surprises Viewers With One Final Behind-The-Scenes Video

suspicious-partner.jpg

Although “Suspicious Partner” ended last month, it seems like SBS had one last surprise for fans in the form of a final behind-the-scenes video, which was released today on August 3.

In the video, viewers can see blooper cuts and Nam Ji Hyun’s “drunk” aegyo. The video also shows good-natured bantering between Choi Tae Joon and Hello Venus’s Nara as they film a kiss scene. Choi Tae Joon complains, “Our noses keep bumping because she’s so tall!” Nara jokingly says in response, “Can’t you just say it’s because my nose bridge is high?”

The video also shows Nam Ji Hyun’s real reaction to Ji Chang Wook’s cute excitement for a scene in which Ji Chang Wook’s character believes that Nam Ji Hyun’s character is moving back into his home. Plus, the final clip shows the sweet, romantic chemistry between Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun for the final proposal scene.

Meanwhile, Hello Venus’s Nara talks about making a fresh start with acting through “Suspicious Partner.” Plus, Nam Ji Hyun talked about the ending of “Suspicious Partner” and her ideal type.

Viewers can catch one last glimpse of the cast in the video below!

Watch “Suspicious Partner” at Rakuten Viki!

credit : soompi news

• Like 3

How to cope when you're missing Ji Chang Wook after he enters military service

b55dce55-74b6-4fce-a5b4-a9e8d2a6627f.jpg

Ji Chang Wook has asked his fans to remember him while he's off to serve his military duty! Here are a few suggestions to help you keep the enigmatic leading man near you and whenever you heart longs for him, starting now!

1. First of all, Ji Chang Wook is a great singer. He sang 101 Reasons Why I Love You' for Love in Trouble, and it has got to be one of the most romantic songs ever. Enjoy it every day and for a special occasion!

Every fan probably has a different answer regarding his/her favorite Ji Chang Wook drama. Here are some selections. Which one is your favorite?

2. Smile Dong Hae - Ji Chang Wook is Dong Hae who goes to South Korea to find his roots and a new life, but first he'll have to overcome significant challenges. You know what else is special about this series? You'll get to have Wookie for 159 episodes!

3. Warrior Baek Dong Soo, starring Ji Chang Wook and Yoo Seung Ho in a heart-filled story about friendship and brotherhood. You'll also see great swordplay from both the rising stars.

Spoiler

3. Bachelors' Vegetable Store, starring Ji Chang Wook and Wang Ji Hye, in an adaptation based on the real-life success story of a young man who turned a small vegetable store into a nationwide franchise. Also look for handsome bachelor Kim Young Kwang.

4. Empress Ki must be included in this list. Even Ji Chang Wook specifically mentioned it as among his favorite dramas. The historical romantic saga elevated him to Hallyu-star status as the fated prince-turned-emperor who fell in love with Ha Ji Won.

9b897992-6556-4a52-9e3f-76f5ee85ca4f.jpg

5. Healer, starring Ji Chang Wook (and his abs) and Park Min Young, is about a mysterious operative falls for a young woman who is the target of his secret assignment. This drama is a perfect binge, with riveting intrigue and breathless romance.

6. You can also find Ji Chang Wook in one of the episodes in Kara's Secret Love. He plays an angel!

7. The K2, starring Ji Chang Wook and Im Yoon Ah. Our favorite bodyguard is in for lots of riveting action and political intrigue. He also finds time to fall in love with a mysterious woman played by Yoona.

8. Enjoy the Guerilla Date interview where Ji Chang Wook answers some fun questions and see how much he is adored by the huge crowd that showed up.

11818166-00ac-4926-a3cf-5f8aaa9b1e10.png

9. And cf course you can experience his first romantic-comedy role in his most recent drama, Love in Trouble (aka Suspicious Partner), starring Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun.

August 14 is the day when Ji Chang Wook enters the military.

source : dramafever

Spoiler

• Like 3

Park Min Young Responds To Ji Chang Wook’s Comments About Co-Stars Visiting Him In The Army

park-min-young-ji-chang-wook.jpg

Actress Park Min Young, who recently wrapped her drama “Queen for 7 Days,” spoke up about her former co-star Ji Chang Wook’s enlistment.

The two starred together in the 2015 drama “Healer.” Ji Chang Wook is scheduled to begin his mandatory military service on August 14 and has previously stated to reporters that his co-stars such as YoonA, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Min Young would be coming to visit him while he’s in the army.

Park Min Young laughed and said, “I just said [I’d go] in passing, but now I have to go. But it seems like there’s more than just me. If Girls’ Generation goes, isn’t that enough? If it’s just me, it’s not as good.”

She also talked about her role in “Queen for 7 Days,” saying, “I wanted to try an intense melodrama. I didn’t know it would be this sad. Because I was doing a melodrama, I think I was able to cry and fall in love as much as I wanted.”

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 11 August 2017

Instagram and Weibo #1:

#24miracle #지창욱 #내일 #머리자름 #두둥 #기대

#24miracle #Ji Chang Wook #tomorrow #cut hair #ta da #anticipate

Instagram and Weibo #2:

wo de mama 

My mother

• Like 3

[News] Ji Chang Wook to enlist quietly

Ji Chang Wook will be enlisting quietly without fanfare on 14 August.  According to Glorious Entertainment, Ji Chang Wook will be enlisting quietly at the Cheorwon training camp without holding any special event.

A spokesman conveyed Ji Chang Wook’s desire to enlist quietly, “We do not plan to hold any official event on the day he enlists. Calling in the press and gathering fans to hold an event is not in line with his personality, so he will be enlisting without much talk.”

With just two days left before his enlistment, Ji Chang Wook has been spending his personal time with his family and friends. The spokesman said, “He has no special schedules before enlistment. After finishing his basic training, he will be deployed to carry out his duties for the nation.”

Ji Chang Wook will be serving in the 3rd Infantry Division of the South Korean Army. Nicknamed “White Skull”, this division is one of the oldest in the army and is notorious for its intensive training. Tasked with guarding the front-line, it was one of the first military divisions to infiltrate the 38th Parallel bordering North and South Korea during the Korean War. Actor Joo Won, who enlisted earlier in May, is also serving in the same base as an instructor.

dgupsx1vyaa2gad.jpg?w=600

But do not despair. Even though this means that Ji Chang Wook will be roughing it out as an active combat-ready soldier, we should be proud that he is taking his service seriously and doing his part as a South Korean male citizen. As the Korean War has not officially ended, the country takes military conscription seriously due to the threat of war. Choosing to evade military service can effectively end a celebrity’s career, so while it is sad for us to bid him goodbye, we should not try to hold him back for our own selfish reasons.

Whether intentionally or due to certain circumstances, many other celebrities have received flak for skipping mandatory service or for taking the easy way out by choosing public service (i.e., doing clerical jobs or performing as entertainers for publicity), so if Ji Chang Wook does well, he should be able to earn the respect of citizens and carve a good image for himself.

For fans who were planning to head to the base to send him off, please proceed with caution as there is no guarantee that you will get to see him since he will be enlisting quietly.

Adapted from: Star News

• Like 4

Hello All. Yes, I am new here, but old in other places and times and I want to be able to share in this lovely man's future.

First of all, I need to say thank you, all of you, for keeping this forum alive and well and providing reading material for this lonely heart. Having Soompi is better than any library anywhere.  And to @cherkell, my open admiration goes out to you for all you have done. You must have as much or more energy than The Wook, which is saying a lot because he seems to be in perpetual motion most all of the time. Going into the military may actually give him time to rest and repair....I want to believe that, but right now, tensions are building and war drums are sounding ugly. But then, South Korea has lived like that for such a long time.

I have been privileged to post on Bae Yong Joon's Soompi forum for about the last three years; and for a couple of years before that, I spent reading every last danged page. Then I got lucky because Bae came to the States as a guest caddy for a Masters Golf Tournament, and I was only 500 miles away. Dear god, do things like this really happen? I made the most of the opportunity and provided local color, staying up overnight to watch TV broadcasts to see if Bae was ever caught in a televised shot. You all know the story behind that kind of behavior.  It is called obsession.

I had stayed on Bae's Soompi thread through the ugliness with Kim Hyun Joong, the mind-boggling success of Kim Soo Hyun, and Bae's marriage (which antagonized many of his long time fans who had said for years that they loved him, yet dumped him in the most undignified way when he didn't marry the women he thought they should have) and new baby princeling. As the old Dickens novel says, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” Sometimes I think Dickens only got it half right.

How did I get here at the Wook site? Bae is probably not coming back, so the next intelligent thing I could think of  was to want to watch all of Park Soo Jin's dramas. I was always her supporter, but I wanted to see her in film, in dramas.  Thumbing through her library I find Bachelors Vegetable Garden. Sounds weird, I thought but what the heck. I had watched a couple of her other dramas (she didn't appear til Ep 20!!) and found her to be sweetness itself, feminine, and quite lovely. And so it was with BVG.

And there was The Wook. So different from Bae and other KeyEast alumnae, and co-incidentally (six degrees of separation anyone?) there was Joo Ji Hoon (a KeyEast alumnae) with him in Five Fingers, and The Wook is so massively talented in his own way that I thought I had found a new home. Until the military enlistment was declared and I find I may be homeless and late to the party again. But I want to stay and offer any support I can. I am a lucky lady.  As they say in the Korean movies, please take care of me.

• Like 4

[News] Ji Chang Wook leaves for 2-year military enlistment

201708141407773745_5991302c2f0f7.jpg?w=6

Ji Chang Wook reported for his basic training on the afternoon of 14 August at the 3rd Infantry Division army base in Cheorwon, Gangwon Province.  The press was out in force to memorialise the event!

2017081413591952200.jpeg?w=600

Fans from all over the world congregated at the roadway leading up to the entry gates just for a glimpse of Ji Chang Wook, since any news coming out of basic training may be sporadic at best.  And they were not disappointed, as Wook stopped along the way to very quickly greet the press and his fans before being ushered inside to begin his 1 year and 9 months military service.

pyh2017081411500006200_p4.jpg?w=600&h=35

But before Wook left Seoul for the long drive up to Cheorwon, he left a message on the Dayrock fan cafe:20170814jcwdayrock.jpg?w=600&h=456

screen-shot-2017-08-14-at-3-22-33-pm.png

We’ll leave everyone with more pictures from the event, and as the old song says, “It’s not goodbye forever; it’s just goodbye for now.”  Good luck and be safe, Actor Ji!

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/08/14/news-ji-chang-wook-leaves-for-2-year-military-enlistment/

• Like 3

On 8/13/2017 at 2:48 AM, MyStars said:

Hello All. Yes, I am new here, but old in other places and times and I want to be able to share in this lovely man's future.

First of all, I need to say thank you, all of you, for keeping this forum alive and well and providing reading material for this lonely heart. Having Soompi is better than any library anywhere.  And to @cherkell, my open admiration goes out to you for all you have done. You must have as much or more energy than The Wook, which is saying a lot because he seems to be in perpetual motion most all of the time. Going into the military may actually give him time to rest and repair....I want to believe that, but right now, tensions are building and war drums are sounding ugly. But then, South Korea has lived like that for such a long time.

I have been privileged to post on Bae Yong Joon's Soompi forum for about the last three years; and for a couple of years before that, I spent reading every last danged page. Then I got lucky because Bae came to the States as a guest caddy for a Masters Golf Tournament, and I was only 500 miles away. Dear god, do things like this really happen? I made the most of the opportunity and provided local color, staying up overnight to watch TV broadcasts to see if Bae was ever caught in a televised shot. You all know the story behind that kind of behavior.  It is called obsession.

I had stayed on Bae's Soompi thread through the ugliness with Kim Hyun Joong, the mind-boggling success of Kim Soo Hyun, and Bae's marriage (which antagonized many of his long time fans who had said for years that they loved him, yet dumped him in the most undignified way when he didn't marry the women he thought they should have) and new baby princeling. As the old Dickens novel says, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” Sometimes I think Dickens only got it half right.

How did I get here at the Wook site? Bae is probably not coming back, so the next intelligent thing I could think of  was to want to watch all of Park Soo Jin's dramas. I was always her supporter, but I wanted to see her in film, in dramas.  Thumbing through her library I find Bachelors Vegetable Garden. Sounds weird, I thought but what the heck. I had watched a couple of her other dramas (she didn't appear til Ep 20!!) and found her to be sweetness itself, feminine, and quite lovely. And so it was with BVG.

And there was The Wook. So different from Bae and other KeyEast alumnae, and co-incidentally (six degrees of separation anyone?) there was Joo Ji Hoon (a KeyEast alumnae) with him in Five Fingers, and The Wook is so massively talented in his own way that I thought I had found a new home. Until the military enlistment was declared and I find I may be homeless and late to the party again. But I want to stay and offer any support I can. I am a lucky lady.  As they say in the Korean movies, please take care of me.

Hi MyStars, so NICE to see you here, my dear! So COOL to know that you like JCW , too, same that you like our man, BYJ. It is the rule that the admission ceremony opens to the public but JCW requested & wished to enlist quietly. I can see some fans bidding him goodbye today.  Celebrities usually hold a brief photo session and press conference ahead of entering the gates of the training camp. He mentioned in his written message before entering the camp that we'll see him again after 100-days. Ye, after serving 100 days inside the army, he’ll be granted a vacation for about 1-week to spend this with his loved-ones. Celebrity soldiers that were discharged after year 2010 had an average vacation that was 76.4 days. However, since last year, the special leave has been decreasing. Now the celebrity vacation leave is similar to ordinary soldiers. But special considerations are allowed for celebrity soldiers. The reason why celebrities receive more vacation days than ordinary soldiers is because they’re often required to participate in a wide variety of activities in promoting the Korean military overseas. Currently, well-known TV entertainers who are asked to participate in the military's public relations campaigns get more rewards. Under this system, the more events an enlisted man participates in, the more rewards he receives. This cause a problem to so many that’s why they’re considering ways now to make the system more fair. :tongue:

I feel sad & bad seeing him go - having that new military hairstyle. I wish him the best during his service, though!:(

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 8:13 PM, mellinadear said:

He's getting ready. I'm not even ready.

He's excited

Hi mellinadear, I heard that most of the fans who were there are international who began gathering in front of the main entrance to the boot camp from early in the morning.

Ji Chang Wook Enlists In Military Today

Ji-Chang-Wook3.jpg

On August 14, Ji Chang Wook officially enlisted and started training for his mandatory military service.

Following five weeks of basic training, the actor plans on serving as an active-duty soldier. Fans will have to wait a year and nine months before Ji Chang Wook gets discharged.

The actor made his television debut in 2008 and snagged his first lead role on “Smile Donghae” in 2010. He went on to act in popular dramas “Warrior Baek Dong Soo,” “Empress Ki,” “Healer,” and more. His popularity abroad grew even more as he filmed dramas in China like “Whirlwind Girl 2.”

Ji Chang Wook also proved himself to be a talented musical actor having acted in musicals like “Thrill Me,” “Jack the Ripper,” and more. He also starred in the film “Fabricated City” which was released in theatres earlier this year. Furthermore, the actor starts his military service after the successful run of his drama “Suspicious Partner.”

See you soon Ji Chang Wook!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

@willenette  said: Hi MyStars, so NICE to see you here, my dear! So COOL to know that you like JCW , too, same that you like our man, BYJ. 

~ Some information edited out ~

I feel sad & bad seeing him go - having that new military hairstyle. I wish him the best during his service, though!:(

Hey Willenette!  I saw you here, too, and was glad you were here to lend support.  You and I better be careful, though.  If we appear on too many different sites we'll get branded as cheap, floozy camp followers:wub:!  And it is sad and bad seeing him go.  Bittersweet.  Coming from a military family myself, I know that feeling you get when duty calls your family or loved one. You just suck it up and smile.  Everyone here today, so far seems to be handling it well.  Even Ji Chang Wook himself.  What a mensch, opting for the combat unit.  

2 hours ago, MyStars said:

@willenette  said: Hi MyStars, so NICE to see you here, my dear! So COOL to know that you like JCW , too, same that you like our man, BYJ. 

~ Some information edited out ~

Hey Willenette!  I saw you here, too, and was glad you were here to lend support.  You and I better be careful, though.  If we appear on too many different sites we'll get branded as cheap, floozy camp followers:wub:!  And it is sad and bad seeing him go.  Bittersweet.  Coming from a military family myself, I know that feeling you get when duty calls your family or loved one. You just suck it up and smile.  Everyone here today, so far seems to be handling it well.  Even Ji Chang Wook himself.  What a mensch, opting for the combat unit.  

LOL you two!  Thanks for the laugh this morning, since I've been a blubbering mess ever since 2:01pm KST today. :unsure:  I'm a Navy Brat myself, so I know the meaning of 'ya gotta go when ya gotta go.'  And Wook had to go; if he didn't opt in for active duty service, the Korean public would be all over him like flies on stink for the rest of his life.  He's a smart cookie.  :D

Some initial reports from the scene:

1.  The van was late in arriving due to weather issues and traffic along the way; hence, the sprint from the parking lot to the gates for the quick press bomb was necessary.

2.  He arrived with his mum, Manager Bang, hyung Kangwoo, the Glorious Entertainment president, and his two trusty bodyguards (we've nicknamed them over the years Ahjusshi 1 and Ahjusshi 2).

3.  For those who were wondering "that was a QUIET arrival?", that's pretty much as quiet as someone of his level in the entertainment world gets.  At least he quickly acknowledged the fans and press.  It's not like Wook to stiff everyone like that.

4.  The 3rd Infantry is not set up for a drive-through-the-gates situation anyway, like other basic training camps are arranged.  It's the 3rd, full of Mucho Manly Men -- everyone walks in under their own power, no matter what.

I'm sure lots more will come out in the next few days.  Stay tuned!   *sobs*

• Like 4