Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

21 minutes ago, renaoh said:

:unsure::bawling:  He will be sent to the border....ohh my poor Wookie.  Some ppl so lucky get posted in Gangnam district as office man and still have fans fanling over him all the time

Hi renaoh, it's because JCW will serve as an active-duty soldier while those who may be assigned in Gangnam serves as a Public Service Worker.....Well, we still could get to see him soon in  Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook & his concert prior his MS. He will record the show on July 18th. BTW, Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook Showtime : Wed 23:00 | Re-run: Thurs 05:30, 10:30, 18:20 KST. :tongue:

• Like 2

Hello chingus. Good morning from my side of the world. *heart*
Please excuse me to join this thread *humble bow*.

I come here from JCW recent drama thread; Suspicious Partner and I confessed this is my first encounter with JCW dramas in my 10 years of drama watching. And I could say, "Where have I been?". 

I look forward to sail with all of chingus here in JCW's ship. Thank you, dears.

EDIT: I want to shout out to my friend @mellinadear Do you remember me, dear? I'm joining this ship, too. *smile*

Edited by rhienz
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, rhienz said:

Hello chingus. Good morning from my side of the world. *heart*
Please excuse me to join this thread *humble bow*.

I come here from JCW recent drama thread; Suspicious Partner and I confessed this is my first encounter with JCW dramas in my 10 years of drama watching. And I could say, "Where have I been?". 

I look forward to sail with all of chingus here in JCW's ship. Thank you, dears.

EDIT: I want to shout out to my friend @mellinadear Do you remember me, dear? I'm joining this ship, too. *smile*

Hi rhienz, when you find time try to watch his other dramas. They're good especially "Healer" - Awww........JCW’s enlistment date is 1-month-away. Good that his drama has finished filming & airing so, he has time now to rest prior his MS. I will miss him. :(

• Like 2

*** Many fans will miss Ji Chang Wook for sure. His series is set to wrap up tonight, July 13. ^_^

“Suspicious Partner” Hides A Hint For The Finale In Preview Photos

suspicious-partner-21.jpg

Suspicious Partner,” which is ending tonight, has released photos from the filming of the final episode.

The drama production staff said, “There’s an important hint for the final episode in the photos, so see if you can figure out what it is before the show airs tonight.

The end of the road is in sight, and the actors, on the cusp of completing the story of “Suspicious Partner,” are all smiles on set:

suspicious-partner-0.jpg

The drama also released shots of the actors individually sending hearts to viewers:

suspicious-partner-hearts.jpg

The production staff said, “We prepared some hearts, filled with the actors’ love, to give back to all the viewers that gave so much love to this drama. We believe that us being able to successfully wrap the drama without any major issues is all thanks to you. We you hope you stay with us to the last.”

“Suspicious Partner” will air its final two episodes on July 13, and will be followed next week by the drama “Falsify,” starring Namgoong Min, Yoo Joon Sang, and Uhm Ji Won.

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 3

[Event/Drama] Ji Chang Wook attends Suspicious Partner wrap-up party

155579_185672_420.jpg?w=600&h=600

It’s a wrap! Filming for “Suspicious Partner” has come to an end and Ji Chang Wook made sure to attend the wrap-up party of his final drama before his military enlistment.

A few hours before the airing of the final episode, Ji Chang Wook and the rest of the cast gathered at a restaurant in Yeouido, Seoul, for the wrap-up party. Chances are that they’ll probably be watching the last episode together while grilling meat and toasting with bottles glasses of soju.

He also had a chat with fans through a V-live broadcast that was filmed while on the way to the restaurant. Watch it with English subtitles here.

And let us take a moment to appreciate this lovely encounter between two puppies!

cde171805eaaaaac719c61f5f71ee3a3.jpg?w=6

Here are the rest of the press photos taken before he entered the building:  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/13/eventdrama-ji-chang-wook-attends-suspicious-partner-wrap-up-party/

• Like 3

8 hours ago, renaoh said:

:unsure::bawling:  He will be sent to the border....ohh my poor Wookie.  Some ppl so lucky get posted in Gangnam district as office man and still have fans fanling over him all the time

It would be an insult plus extreme embarassment for Wook to be posted as a Civilian Soldier or Police Officer.  After all those action dramas he's participated in, he is too healthy a man to accept a desk duty position.  Wook was already starting to get crap thrown at him for enlisting so late, and active duty is the only way for him to stay in the good graces of the Korean public.  This is the best possible outcome for his enlistment, and only his basic training will be at Cheolwon.  His assigned post will be away from the DMZ.

• Like 3

@willenette Yes, it's a pity actually that I just found this gem named JCW when he is a month away before enlistment. But after seeing his list of dramas, JCW sure has acted a lot. And those were more than enough for me to savor during his time away *grin* Thank you for your Healer recommendation, I will be sure to watch it, as I hear its buzz when it aired. *heart*

@cherkell May I know the reason of his late enlistment?

@mellinadear Hahaha. Yes, Mel. The moment I decided to post here, I thought of you immediately, thus the shout out. *grin*

• Like 1

Wokay..better late than never. 

Chingus..Hi..please add me too this Wookie bandwagon... Trust me I am kicking myself for not joining his ship earlier. His show SP pushed me to watch his other shows and I watched three of his shows in only 10 days. Healer and EK..

As far as his military enlistment is concerned..he would need prayers and best wishes of his fans like me and you all. I know border with North Korea( I shudder at the thought only)..is a place to be concerned about but we should believe in Oppa and hope for the best. Some people can get away with injury and be placed as civil officers but I am glad that our Wookie chose the hard and right way to serve his country..

Wishing him all the very best...may the odds be ever in his favour!:wub:

PS. May 2019 seems so far..far..far away..aigoo!:(

1 hour ago, rhienz said:

@cherkell May I know the reason of his late enlistment?

Wook's enlistment is "late" because he is now 31 (Korean) years old, when many of his contemporaries have already enlisted and finished serving their country or are in the midst of presently serving.  He has been steadily working since 2007 and never had the chance for enough downtime to voluntarily enlist and/or his previous enlistment demands were not able to be met because he was in the middle of a drama/musical/movie project.

It is a rare thing for the Korean government to force enlistment on an entertainer in the middle of one of his works; although not common, it has happened in the past with K-actor Go Soo and golfer Bae Sang Moon was forced to drop out of the PGA tour to enlist ASAP.

IMHO, the best time for Wook to have enlisted would have been right after "Healer" had wrapped production, but he had yet to receive his official Notice to Report.  Now with all the tensions brought on by North Korea, no man at all is getting a pass and we're going to be seeing the 1986-1987 line pretty much gutted over the next few months.

And I would highly recommend "Empress Ki" for a representative work.  Don't let it being a sageuk and the large number of episodes deter you; it's a helluva ride from beginning to end.  :D

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

As far as his military enlistment is concerned..he would need prayers and best wishes of his fans like me and you all. I know border with North Korea( I shudder at the thought only)..is a place to be concerned about but we should believe in Oppa and hope for the best. Some people can get away with injury and be placed as civil officers but I am glad that our Wookie chose the hard and right way to serve his country..

Wook's one-month of basic training will be in Cheorwon; he will then be moved to an infantry base away from the DMZ, probably in Jeongsang or as far south as Taejeon (near Daegu).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

Wook's one-month of basic training will be in Cheorwon; he will then be moved to an infantry base away from the DMZ, probably in Jeongsang or as far south as Taejeon (near Daegu).

So glad to hear that. I wish only the best for him and i hope he returns safe and sound. 

btw, still can't get over the fact that he's enlisting soon. I knew this day would come, but when it actually does, I'm still very sad :bawling:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cherkell said:

It is a rare thing for the Korean government to force enlistment on an entertainer in the middle of one of his works; although not common, it has happened in the past with K-actor Go Soo and golfer Bae Sang Moon was forced to drop out of the PGA tour to enlist ASAP.

IMHO, the best time for Wook to have enlisted would have been right after "Healer" had wrapped production, but he had yet to receive his official Notice to Report.  Now with all the tensions brought on by North Korea, no man at all is getting a pass and we're going to be seeing the 1986-1987 line pretty much gutted over the next few months.

And I would highly recommend "Empress Ki" for a representative work.  Don't let it being a sageuk and the large number of episodes deter you; it's a helluva ride from beginning to end.  :D

Thank you @cherkell for your kind explanations *heart* and sorry to cut some of your post

Yeah, I remember back then watching a drama that the story made non sense toward the end because its male lead got Notice to Report when he was still filming the third last of the drama.

I'm really happy Wook didn't get the notice back then. *sillygrin* I'm glad that Suspicious Partner (and its being a rom-com) is his last drama prior enlistment and not Healer. Now fans and viewers know that Wook can do well on other genres other than actions. And there will be various offer waiting for him next after his discharge. Hoping Wook stay healthy and have a save enlistment.

And for Empress Ki, yeah, I already got that it'll be a helluva ride just from watching its clips on YT. I'll have to prepare myself then, because when I'm hooked, numbers will only be numbers. Give me 50 episodes and more, it doesnt matter anymore. Kkkk. But now, I'm going to savor the SP after taste, and enjoy news about Wook until he's going to enlist. 

PS: Dear, are you one of jichangwook kitchen's admin? I already built my tent there and i've started back reading mode on. LOL. Please, excuse me. Kkkk.

Edited by rhienz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rhienz said:

PS: Dear, are you one of jichangwook kitchen's admin? I already built my tent there and i've started back reading mode on. LOL. Please, excuse me. Kkkk.

The one and the same.  We're getting ready for the onslaught of post-drama interviews coming up, plus reporting from the concert/fan meeting on 22 July.  There's lots coming down the road from us, so thanks for following!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Wokay..better late than never. 

Chingus..Hi..please add me too this Wookie bandwagon... Trust me I am kicking myself for not joining his ship earlier. His show SP pushed me to watch his other shows and I watched three of his shows in only 10 days. Healer and EK..

Wishing him all the very best...may the odds be ever in his favour!:wub:

PS. May 2019 seems so far..far..far away..aigoo!:(

Hi siddy09, There was a time when the Army has extended basic military training for recruits from five weeks to eight weeks as part of measures to beef up military readiness against North Korea.  As a standard, there’s an army training completion ceremony after (4-5) weeks of training. I just hope that he won't be assigned at the frontline after the training. I'm curious which base he'll be stationed later on.  A lot of bases now have regular Internet access, although a lot of them (particularly those on the front line) do not have.  Completely free Internet access is generally not available, given the understandable security concerns. But, after the four-five week basic training is over, the soldiers now are generally free to use the phone after the day's schedule is over. :tongue:

• Like 1

20 Moments In “Suspicious Partner” That Made Us Swoon, Gasp, Laugh, Or Fist Pump

suspicious-partner-12.jpg

Suspicious Partner” is just chock full of memorable moments. Whether it was because of the adorableness between leads, or the twists and turns, or the completely relatable characters, there were so many moments in the show that made us swoon and melt.

In fact, narrowing all of the moments down to this list was quite a difficult feat. So let’s take a trip down memory lane before the show ends, visit the most memorable moments so far, and remember why we’ve fallen in love with this drama and its beautiful characters.

Warning: spoilers ahead! Like seriously, take the nearest exit if you haven’t caught up to episode 28, but remember to come back when you do! Everyone else, let’s dive in!

Spoiler

1. When we knew we had a strong female lead

suspicious-partner_falling-down-e1499612

Eun Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) trips and falls when she confronts her cheating boyfriend Jang Hee Joon (2PM’s Chansung). But she doesn’t stay on the floor or break out in tears immediately like a lot of other female leads. Instead, she stands up, dusts herself off, and takes a breath before limping off. We knew right then that we had a female lead that we could get behind!

2. When this absolutely relatable moment happened:

suspicious-partner_piggy-back-e149961257

Noh Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook) leans over to carry Bong Hee off in princess style, and Bong Hee’s face absolutely lights up in the biggest smile. However, Ji Wook just as quickly realizes he won’t be able to carry her and decides to piggyback her instead.

3. When Ji Wook became the man of our dreams

suspicious-partner_hungry-e1499612436320

Ji Wook notices Bong Hee lurking around and guesses that she was hungry. He asks her if he should prepare something for her to eat, and then goes on to fry some dumplings. A man who will just whip up something for me when I’m hungry – where can I find one??

4. When being a “hostage” was a desirable situation to be in

suspicious-partner_hostage-300x300.jpg

Bong Hee is absolutely thrilled and overjoyed over being upgraded from mere “mankind” to “hostage,” as per Ji Wook. Never before has “hostage” been a more swoon-worthy word.

5. When you remember you’re watching a different Ji Chang Wook drama

suspicious-partner_fighting.jpg

When Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk get into a scuffle with some high school delinquents, I was half expecting his “Healer” or “K2” characteristics to awaken and kick some butt. But instead, he ends up fighting with flailing arms, hair pulling, and biting.

6. When Ji Wook cemented himself as the man of our dreams

suspicious-partner_what-happened-e149961

Ji Wook is able to identify that there was something wrong with Bong Hee after only a few short exchanges, and quickly asks her about it. When she says she doesn’t want to talk about it, he doesn’t push her.

7. When Bong Hee said this line:

“Right now my body is filled with tears.”

Bong Hee is portrayed as a strong, go-getter type female, but she isn’t afraid to show her vulnerable side. And frankly, we’ve all had this type of day before, haven’t we?

suspicious-partner_tears-e1499612636116-

8. When they had their first kiss

Bong Hee nearly gets into trouble, and they get into a little bit of an argument. But Bong Hee later realizes Ji Wook’s temper comes out of a place of concern for her, and the ice melts between the two. Ji Wook moves in to hug her, and follows it with their first kiss. The music stops for a few seconds during that kiss, and you can literally hear your heart thumping and fans squealing across the globe. Bong Hee continues to daydream about the kiss later on, and frankly, who wouldn’t?

9. When Ji Wook said he’s willing to wait

suspicious-partner_mug-e1499615072956-54

Bong Hee tells Ji Wook that she’s given up on liking him, and Ji Wook answers that he’s willing to stay where he is right now and wait for her. He walks away, but returns to grab the mug he left behind, and when doing so, he leans in reaally close, making her jump in the process. Ji Wook sure knows what he’s doing!

10. When Ji Wook did aegyo

Bong Hee tells Ji Wook that she doesn’t intend to reciprocate his feelings, and he uses some awkward aegyo (acting cute) to try to melt her. I’m still deciding whether I’m swooning or laughing there!

11. When Ji Wook became jealous

All the men at the office pay a great deal of attention to Bong Hee, being especially nice to her. Ji Wook, getting jealous, walks over to her desk to give her advice on what she is doing. He gets reaally up close and personal while doing so, again knowing that she would be ruffled by the close proximity.

12. When Eun Hyuk is shut down by Ji Wook

Ji Wook cooks a meal for everyone and says that he hopes everyone enjoys the meal. Ji Eun Hyuk (Choi Tae Joon) replies that everything is good, but he doesn’t eat bulgolgi (stir-fried beef). Ji Wook then impatiently retorts that he doesn’t need to eat it, resulting in a super adorable pout from Eun Hyuk.

13. When Ji Wook cemented himself as the man of our dreams, part 2

Eun Bong is in “the zone,” which means she probably hasn’t showered for awhile, and (among other less attractive features) sports wild, messed up hair. Even so, Ji Wook is proud of what she’s uncovered, and pulls her in for a big hug, repeating his words from years ago, “You’re dirty but you’re pretty.” And isn’t that what we want from our significant others? To still hold us even at our lowest dirtiest!

14. When Bong Hee broke down

suspicious-partner_ugly-cry-e14996148576

When Ji Wook sees a client of his die right in front of his eyes, he rushes over to Bong Hee and pleads that she likes him back, as he realizes life is too short. Bong Hee, seeing his sincerity, breaks down in tears; as she cries, you can see her walls coming down and all the pent up anxiety and feelings of being wronged chip away and dissolve. You can really only be so raw and vulnerable in front of someone you trust, and we saw that Ji Wook was that kind of person to Bong Hee.

15. When Ji Wook told Bong Hee it’s not her fault

suspicious-partner_together-e14996147852

Bong Hee feels betrayed by Ji Wook after finding out that he’s been keeping secrets from her, and wants to push him away. She tells him to stop confessing to her. He asks her why a bad guy like Hyun Soo should get between them, and correctly guesses that she blames herself for what is happening. He assures her that none of it is her fault, and goes on to say, “I want to do this together.” The maturity with which these two approach their relationship is really refreshing!

16. When Mr. Bang got stabbed

suspicious-partner_ji-wook-crying-540x30

I’m sure all of us here love Mr. Bang, and when the scene went down, our hearts were in our throats, fearing for his life. And when he slumped to the floor, we were screaming, “Nooooooo!”

Ji Wook is overcome with grief and panic when he finds Mr. Bang’s body still and lifeless, and it is an absolutely heartbreaking scene to watch.

17. When Hyun Soo chillingly taunts Ji Wook

Ji Wook and Hyun Soo meet each other, and Hyun Soo starts admitting to every crime he’s done. Hyun Soo alternates between taunting him, baiting him, and laughing at how Ji Wook had passionately defended him before, and we can’t help but get chills down our spine.

18. When Bong Hee tried out new names for Ji Wook

suspicious-partner_cuddle-e1499616228305

Ji Wook wants Bong Hee to call him something other than by his work title, but starts laughing when she calls him “Darling.” She feels affronted and so he replies with a little aegyo (acting cute) of his own. Before we can even recover from this adorableness, we get treated to a scene of her sleeping on his lap with him caressing her hair, followed by a cut of them spooning on the couch, with his arms wrapped tightly around her!

19. When the two rivaling mothers finally realize who their children are dating

suspicious-partner_act-surprised-540x540

Bong Hee’s mom and Ji Wook’s mom have their own little cat and mouse relationship going on throughout the show, which is quite entertaining to watch. And while they come close a few times, they finally realize that their children are dating each other, which is immediately followed by Ji Wook officially introducing Bong Hee as his girlfriend to the two moms. The icing on the cake to this scene is Eun Hyuk and Mr. Bang’s over-the-top, “surprised” reaction at the confession.

20. When we witnessed “the morning after”

After coming home from the laundromat, Ji Wook and Bong Hee give in to each other and sleep together. It cuts away to the morning after, where Bong Hee is enveloped in Ji Wook’s arms, and he kisses her first on her head, then places another on her bare shoulder (cue the screams and fainting spells).

Bonus: When Bong Hee’s mom worked at Papa John’s instead of Subway

suspicious-partner_papa-Johns-540x304.jp

Because we all know that Subway (probably) almost happened again!

Do you agree with the list? What other memorable moments have we left out? Let us know in the comments below!

Watch “Suspicious Partner” on Viki!

Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook Reveals His Thoughts Ahead Of Military Enlistment

Ji-Chang-Wook.jpg

Ji Chang Wook has addressed fans for the first time since the announcement of his enlistment date.

On July 13, the actor held a surprise V Live broadcast on his way to the wrap-up party for drama “Suspicious Partner.”

Ji-Chang-Wook1.jpg

As fans left many comments about his enlistment, he responded, “As late as it is, I will work that much harder and return after protecting our country. I will be healthy in the military and greet you again soon.”

He questioned, “It’s very hot these days, but wouldn’t that be better for being in the military than cold weather? Is it not? This is my first time enlisting, so I honestly don’t really know.”

Ji Chang Wook ended by commenting, “I am worried, but I am also anticipating it. I am also excited and will try my hardest.”

Meanwhile, his drama “Suspicious Partner” airs its last episode at 10 p.m. KST on July 13.

Watch the latest episode at Viki!

Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

*** I really like the final scene of the drama where they were kissing and cuddling....Here are MORE pictures during the wrap-up party - :tongue:

spp3.jpg

spp2.jpg

cr-BreathlessSurvival

Watch: “Suspicious Partner” Reveals Unseen Behind-The-Scenes Moments + Cast Thanks Viewers

Suspicious Partner” ended its successful run yesterday and SBS has released one final behind-the-scenes video for viewers.

In the video, the drama shows some never-before-seen moments from set as well as clips of the main cast thanking viewers for watching and supporting “Suspicious Partner.”

Actor Ji Chang Wook’s message was particularly significant, as the actor will officially be enlisting in the military in August. The actor said, “It’s very sad that the drama is ending. For almost four months, I poured my heart into acting and so it’s both relieving and sad that it’s all coming to an end.”

He continued, “I will complete my military service well and in good health, and will return to viewers with great projects once again so please look forward to that. Until then, I wish for everyone to always be happy and healthy. Thank you!”

Watch the final making video below!

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 14 July 2017

Instagram:

정말끝!!!

Really ended!!!

Weibo:
奇怪的搭档顺利地结束了!
谢谢你们这段时间对电视剧的喜爱和支持! 真的谢谢!!!

我爱你们 [心][爱你][爱你] 

“Suspicious Partner” has successfully ended! Thank you for your love and support for the drama during this period. Really thankful!!!

I love all of you [心][爱你][爱你] 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi siddy09, There was a time when the Army has extended basic military training for recruits from five weeks to eight weeks as part of measures to beef up military readiness against North Korea.  As a standard, there’s an army training completion ceremony after (4-5) weeks of training. I just hope that he won't be assigned at the frontline after the training. I'm curious which base he'll be stationed later on.  A lot of bases now have regular Internet access, although a lot of them (particularly those on the front line) do not have.  Completely free Internet access is generally not available, given the understandable security concerns. But, after the four-five week basic training is over, the soldiers now are generally free to use the phone after the day's schedule is over. :tongue:

Unfortunately, handphone use is strictly regulated amongst recruits.  During basic training/boot camp, absolutely NO PC use, handphone use, nor the use of tobacco is allowed whatsoever.  You can only write letters to friends and family members.  The rules relax somewhat once you get assigned to an army base (in Wook's case), but the standard for 'entertainers' is that they are not allowed to "promote themselves" via the use of social media and the like because they're now under the Government's pay structure (which is only about $165 USD per month for privates the last time I looked earlier this year).

We'll probably see a few things dribbled out by Glorious through May 2019, but as to regularly seeing his bright, shining face in Instagram or Weibo remains to be seen depending on where he is stationed after finishing basic training.  At least we'll definitely see a few pics when he can finally take a few leave days during his service time... if he's not stationed close to the DMZ or war breaks out.  Then all bets are off.  

• Like 3