Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Magazine] 1st Look, Volume 127, February 2017 issue – The Gray City

2017020109144192988_3.jpg?w=600

Even in the gray city, his gaze that is filled with diverse narratives is shining with a strong presence. The deep charisma of actor Ji Chang Wook, who is back with his movie “Fabricated City”, is contained within the camera’s viewfinder.

001.jpeg?w=600&h=440

Ji Chang Wook leaned against the roof railing of an abandoned factory where the cold wind blew coldly enough that his mouth froze and could not speak properly. Barely getting into position, a gust of dusty wind disrupted his vision before he could turn his face toward the camera. The photo shoot continued for several hours with him using hot packs that barely soothed his frozen face; the photo shoot of actor Ji Chang Wook was a tough one indeed. Just up till the day before, the weather in the southern province was mild enough for spring flowers to bloom when they are not supposed to, but the sudden cold wave felt twice as bad today. And in the middle of that difficult scene, he stood there shining with a face that was stronger than anyone else, and posed with expressions that were more interesting than anyone else.

002.jpeg?w=600&h=888
In fact, the reason for this harsh photo shoot is because the main character is none other than Ji Chang Wook. Come to think of it, we have no memory of him living a smooth and easy life. Although he possesses a neat look like a son of a rich family, he had to struggle and slowly work his way up from the bottom ranks of society, he had to stay alert every moment and give his best to protect his position, and he had to fight and suffer to protect himself and his loved ones.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/03/05/magazine-1st-look-volume-127-february-2017-issue-the-gray-city/

• Like 2

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 7 March 2017

Instagram:

그렇게 맛있니.. #꼬마 #베들링턴테리어 #간식 #냠냠

Is it that delicious.. #kkoma #Bedlington Terrier #snack #yum yum

Weibo:
hao chi ma???

Is it delicious???

• Like 1

[BREAKING] Ji Chang Wook in discussions to join SBS’s “Please Be Careful Of This Woman”

2017031001000799700054581_99_20170309094903.jpg

Per news reports from earlier today (9 March), Ji Chang Wook is allegedly in negotiations for the lead male role in SBS’s upcoming crime romantic comedy “Please Be Careful Of This Woman” (literal title).

If casting is confirmed, Ji Chang Wook will take on the character role of Noh Ji Wook, while employed at the Central Prosecutor’s Criminal Investigation Section 3, who unintentionally becomes a non-conscientious lawyer.  Ji-wook is an outstanding person who can be a writer, musician or model if he sets his mind to it, but also lives with the trauma inflicted upon him by his parents and his first love.

According to SBS, also in negotiations as the female lead is Lee Sung Kyung (“Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo”), taking on the character role of a prosecutor on probation named Bong Hee, who used to be a taekwondo athlete in her younger days, but has a gentle and innocent image.  SBS states that “Lee Sung Kyung is also one of the candidates, and there is no decision yet.”

“Please Be Careful Of This Woman” is a thriller about a murderer who continuously faces a decisive moment due to amnesia and attempts to kill two persons, and it is also a hilarious romantic comedy about the male and female lead.  This is also a melodrama where they mature, reconcile and sacrifice for each other as they fight a world filled with prejudices.

“Please Be Careful Of This Woman” will be written by Kwon Ki Young (“I Remember You”; “Protect The Boss”) and directed by Park Sun Ho, and is tentatively scheduled for 20 episodes as a Wednesday-Thursday broadcast to premiere on 10 May 2017 after the finale of “Saimdang, Diary of Light.”

Source:  Sports Chosun; TV Report
  • Like 1

Ji Chang Wook In Talks To Star In Upcoming SBS Romantic Comedy Drama

ji-chang-wook3.jpg

Ji Chang Wook might be starring in a new drama soon!

On March 9, a source from SBS stated, “Ji Chang Wook is considering to appear in the upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Be Careful of This Woman’ (literal title).”

One media source previously reported that Ji Chang Wook would be appearing in the upcoming drama. “Be Careful of This Woman” is a romantic comedy drama that takes place in the world of prosecutors and the court.

Meanwhile, Lee Sung Kyung is also currently in talks to star in the drama as the lead female role. “Be Careful of This Woman” is set to air sometime in May 2017.

Do you think Ji Chang Wook should appear in this drama?

source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/08/ji-chang-wook-talks-star-upcoming-sbs-romantic-comedy-drama/

• Like 1

6 Reasons You Should Watch “The K2”

title1.jpg

The K2” hit tvN with 16 episodes of political intrigue, Ji Chang Wook in action, and charming romance, not to mention the brilliant Song Yoon Ah and acting powerhouse Jo Sung Ha. Along with beautiful cinematography, a dramatic OST, and some amazing fight scenes, these actors present a drama that you should definitely watch.

Spoiler
The story

yoona

Kim Je Ha (Ji Chang Wook) is framed for murdering his girlfriend by some very powerful, very shady people. His quest to prove his innocence lands him in the middle of a dangerous political battle. Initially, he becomes a bodyguard for the ambitious Choi Yoo Jin (Song Yoon Ah). Yoo Jin’s husband, Jang Se Joon (Jo Sung Ha), is equally ambitious and has his eyes on the presidency. It is a purely political marriage, one that is marred by Se Joon’s illegitimate daughter, Go An Na (Yoona).

Je Ha is assigned to protect An Na, which naturally results in romance, but that isn’t all. All four of these main characters are steeped in dangerous, opposing ambitions. Throw Park Kwan Soo (Kim Kap Soo) in as Se Joon’s political rival and we have players in a fast race to the Blue House that has An Na and Je Ha as collateral damage. “The K2” is a drama that takes us through this quagmire with the amazing Ji Chang Wook at the helm.

Beautiful scenery

spain

Last summer the production team took the leads of “The K2” to Spain to film and those scenes are some of the most beautiful in the drama. Old European architecture, winding roads in the Spanish countryside, and the beautiful Spanish language dot the first episodes and continue to do so throughout the drama. When filming returned to Korea, Director Kwak Jung Hwan (“Slave Hunters,” “Neighborhood Hero“) shot plenty of gorgeous Korean country views and cityscapes to add visual voice to “The K2.”

Powerhouse acting

sya

Ji Chang Wook is the headliner in this drama, as strong as he was in “Healer” and with just as much charisma. His character, Je Ha, remains mysterious for much of the drama, giving Chang Wook little to work with, but he works it anyway. Then we have Song Yoon Ah. This woman captivates the screen and with a character as power-hungry and twisted as Choi Yoo Jin, Song Yoon Ah’s spot on performance was essential. It is she who glossed over any character inconsistencies and makes Yoo Jin worthy of sympathy despite her dubious dealings.

Yoona is a quiet presence in “The K2.” This doesn’t mean she was unimportant. Rather, it means that she had a very soft, frail character to play who steps up in her own way without needing the overt toughness of Yoo Jin or Je Ha. Juxtaposed with Yoona are the fierce performances by veterans Kim Kap Soo and Jo Sung Ha. They both play presidential hopefuls who will do almost anything to be on top. There is nothing unique about either character, but it is the energy and precision with which they convey the characters that makes them special.

Ji Chang Wook

jcwgun

I would be completely remiss not to mention Ji Chang Wook in his own category. He is good-looking, yes. But that isn’t what makes him spectacular. He works seamlessly with the actors around him, matching the older men in intensity and Song Yoon Ah in magnificence. Je Ha is a mystery that is hard to crack and still he makes viewers want to know more about him.

Ji Chang Wook’s action scenes

action

And if Ji Chang Wook gets his own category, his action-scene prowess does, too! After “Healer,” “Warrior Baek Dong Soo,” and more, it’s foolish not to give Ji Chang Wook action scenes. The man absolutely slays action, working hard enough to injure himself, and then working some more. He is viscously precise in execution while still packing the emotion of the situation in his expressions. His latest film, “Fabricated City,” had action as well. Don’t think this relegates Ji Chang Wook to action dramas and films only, though! He can pull anything off. We just love it when he can get a punch in!

Why you should watch “The K2”

kiss

Political thrillers usually end up being dramas that center purely around politics and become heavy because of it, or they lose their political edge as time goes on. Because of Song Yoon Ah, Jo Sung Ha, and Kim Kap Soo stepping into roles of politicians, they keep “The K2” from flagging too severely. Then we have the romance between Je Ha and An Na, a sweet, fluffy romance that doesn’t stray no matter the crazy circumstances that wrench them apart. Sure, this drama has a few silly bits, like a bunch of men battling it out in the buff in a bath house, but overall, it’s a must-watch!

kitten

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

*** Hmmm........this is a surprise because of this great news it looks like he isn’t enlisting anytime soon. I’m happy of this news and I love it because it’s a rom-com genre supposedly. I wonder what’s the title really is: Be Careful of this Woman or Beware of this Woman.....I’ve seen him doing some tough scenes these recent years & now he gets to do something different in case he takes this. I heard that Ji Chang-wook has not decided whether to accept the offer or not as of now.  The same thing with the female lead, too. This is slated to premiere on May & by this time he’s supposed to start filming already. It’s taking over Saimdang.....I hope he takes to do this drama. Wait & see............:lol:

• Like 1

I am excited that he is back in dramaland! One last drama before he is enlisting... please be good!  I like the writer, who penned I Remember You and Protect the Boss... but am not sure with LSK. She has good reviews from her work in Weightlifting, which I didn't watch myself... but I think she overacted in CIT. I was actually hoping that he could be paired up with Seo Hyun Jin or Kang Sora. I wonder what Knets reactions are like with this pairing.

I wonder what happens with the other drama by Secret writer... I think I'd prefer him to do this instead... with the right female lead. 

7 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Hmmm........this is a surprise because of this great news it looks like he isn’t enlisting anytime soon. I’m happy of this news and I love it because it’s a rom-com genre supposedly. I wonder what’s the title really is: Be Careful of this Woman or Beware of this Woman.....I’ve seen him doing some tough scenes these recent years & now he gets to do something different in case he takes this. I heard that Ji Chang-wook has not decided whether to accept the offer or not as of now.  The same thing with the female lead, too. This is slated to premiere on May & by this time he’s supposed to start filming already. It’s taking over Saimdang.....I hope he takes to do this drama. Wait & see............:lol:

For some unknown reason, a lot of sites are dumbing-down the Hangul.  The literal title (and the one all Korean media are using for their reports) is "이 여자를 조심하세요" (yi yeojaleul josimhaseyo), which translates to "Please Be Careful of This Woman" using polite/formal language.  So that's the title we at The Kitchen will be using for all our reports.

7 hours ago, cherkell said:

For some unknown reason, a lot of sites are dumbing-down the Hangul.  The literal title (and the one all Korean media are using for their reports) is "이 여자를 조심하세요" (yi yeojaleul josimhaseyo), which translates to "Please Be Careful of This Woman" using polite/formal language.  So that's the title we at The Kitchen will be using for all our reports.

*** Thanks cherkell.

*** I couldn’t contain my smile every time I think that JCW has another drama soon. We need to get all we can before the 2- year drought. About the female lead here, I think she and Ji Chang-wook will look gorgeous together. I’m not so familiar with her since I haven’t watched any of her dramas but I really want someone who matches well with his acting. He is definitely wonderful with the right partner though. I think they will work well together. As I’ve said in my earlier post that I don’t think I’ve ever seen Ji Chang-wook in a straight-up rom-com. I love this kind of genre. I think Ji Chang Wook is better suited for comedy and romance. I also wanted to see him in melo. It’s definitely time for him to do away with the heavy action. JCW never took a role as a lawyer before, so it’s interesting to see him in such role. I’m looking forward to this show. I guess he may want to do last drama before enlistment. I would want him to have a real hit drama before enlisting. Hope JCW takes the role. This looks promising. I hope it will be a great drama. I don’t need to say anything about Ji Chang wook’s talent as it’s already known. He comes under the category of “having great face with great acting” as well actors. I have always loved Ji Chang Wook. If he accepts he will be the main reason I check this out. :lol:

Ji Chang-wook offered lead in rom-com thriller Beware This Woman

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/ji-chang-wook-offered-lead-in-rom-com-thriller-beware-this-woman/

[Event] Ji Chang Wook heads to Taiwan in style

201703101503067189815_20170310150332_01_

Ji Chang Wook departed for Taiwan this afternoon for his “#Diary 2017 JCW” fan meeting, which will be held in Taipei tomorrow, 11 March. Reporters met him at Incheon International Airport before he boarded his flight. Dressed in a checkered overcoat with sunglasses, he looked all ready to strut the airport runway, oops, I meant, the fashion runway!

5a0429297ffb07009f5a63d4930eba64.jpg?w=7

Lots more pictures here:  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/03/10/event-ji-chang-wook-heads-to-taiwan-in-style/

[Event] Ji Chang Wook meets the press for his "#Diary 2017 JCW" Taiwan fan meeting

2001104_9.jpeg?w=600&h=902

Prior to his “#Diary 2017 JCW” fan meeting at the Taipei International Convention Centre in Taiwan on 11 March, Ji Chang Wook met the press for interviews, showing off a few of the songs to be featured at the evening’s event, and something involving a very large cookie.

Ji Chang Wook was received by close to 200 fans at the airport when he arrived on Friday night. He personally signed autographs for them and even accepted gifts, showing his warm personality.  This is Ji Chang Wook’s 5th visit to Taiwan and is expected to last 3 days and 2 nights.  It is also expected to be his last visit to Taiwan before his enlistment.

Introducing himself to the Taiwanese press in the local Hokkien dialect, he said “Hello everyone, I am Ji Chang Wook,” and thanked Taiwanese fans for the warm welcome. He wished to visit the night markets or cycle around, but his trips to Taiwan are always very short. He also said that he will be entering the army soon, “Please wait a while for my return”.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/03/12/event-ji-chang-wook-meets-the-press-for-diary-2017-jcw-taiwan-fan-meeting/

[News] Ji Chang Wook makes surprise appearance on Vapp for friends’ movie

wp-1489414858524.jpeg?w=600&h=600

In a great display of friendship and loyalty, Ji Chang Wook made a brief guest appearance on a live Vapp broadcast for the movie “Part-time Spy” in support of his friends today.  The new movie “Part-time Spy” starring actresses Kang Ye Won and Han Chae Ah also stars actors Kim Min Kyo, whom he worked with in his movie “Fabricated City”, and Jo Jae Yoon, who played the role of eunuch Gol Ta in the drama “Empress Ki”. Ji Chang Wook showed up midway during the live broadcast, much to the surprise of viewers.

Despite the cast encouraging him to say something to the camera and stay on longer, he swiftly made his escape after taking a selfie with Jo Jae Yoon. He said, “I thought (the broadcast) had ended!”

The broadcast was held in the waiting room of Lotte Cinema Konkuk University Station branch just before the VIP premiere, which was the reason why he was there. Unfortunately, he was not photographed by the press at the red carpet.  The VIP premiere was also attended by other celebrities such as actress Jin Se Yeon (who starred with Ji Chang Wook in the drama “Five Fingers”) and Taeyang from Kpop group Big Bang.

You can watch the full video here on Vapp. He appears around the 4-minute and 23-minute mark.

Credit: Star News; Vapp; Jo Jae Yoon instagram