Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Guest erminda2671

Happy 29th birthday Wookie may all your dreams and aspirations in life may come true. Please remain the good ,and sweet and jolly person, as you are. As you are reaching the top of your career , your feet still remain on the ground. Wish you all the best!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED JI CHANG WOOK!!:wub: 

This is our little presents to him, hope it will come straight to him <3

The most special one is we registed a star named Ji Chang Wook. The very first time ever, he has his own star!!

9BijUtX.jpg

Second is a silver necklace from the USA ordered only for him, pretty huh?

UZIANM2.jpg

Last but not least, some cutie handmade bracelets for his team and his mom.

8dD8vfG.jpg

===========

More details about the star:

pIjPuwm.jpg

iR8qLk7.jpg

• Name of the star
    Ji Chang Wook
  • Registration Date
    Jul 5, 2015
  • Coordinates
    RA: 10h53m58.7s DEC: +43°11m24.0s

From Last Leaf Vietnam - Ji Chang Wook FC with love :wub:

#jichangwook #HappyChangWookday #fromVietnam #withlove

• Like 20

Guest iheartjcw

Happy birthday Ji Chang Wook!  God bless you in everything you do.

Be healthy and happy always.

More projects to come. :)

“Healer” Special Interview

Jung Hoo was a lonely person, I was always aware of his loneliness

This Ji Chang Wook is certainly superb.  His recent work “Healer” is a hot topic, he played Jung Hoo, a lonely young man who lived as a night courier “Healer”.  Hiding his identity and protecting a woman Young Shin, you will actually fall for such a stoical character like City Hunter if you see him.

“First, I thought it was quite an unique world.  Unveiling the mystery by associating the past and present was a very new composition.  Also, there was a satirical aspect of the society.  When seeing people who feel the problems and irritations towards the society, I thought this drama would have a “healing” effect.   Therefore, I thought I would give it a try playing this drama which had a taste of social awareness.  I was so much stimulated by imagining the character of “Healer” and had grown interest in it.  In addition, writer Song Jin Na trusted me.  I am very fortunate for being “an actor trusted by a writer”.  There were other various attractive elements so I decided to play this drama.”

Behind the mask of “Healer” who carried out his tasks, Jung Hoo camouflaged himself as a cowardly rookie reporter Bong Su in order to hide his real identity.   Ji had worries playing two characters but at the same time it also stimulated his acting desire.

To interpret a character was more difficult than you thought.  But fortunately there was plenty of time in the beginning of the drama, so I met and discussed with writer and producer my thoughts about the character, like what direction I would be heading to, it was good that the character was well created by going through detailed meetings with them.  There was not much reality for an occupation like “Healer”, I wondered how I was going to act out so that audiences could accept the character without any sense of incongruity.  Also, how much difference I should play the two characters.  I had so much worries with this part but at the end  I decided to focus on his feelings according to situations,  the situation when Healer had to carry out his tasks and the situation when Healer had to hide his real name and impersonate as Bong Su.  When getting into each different situation, respective character would have come out.  In particular, fundamental things like Jung Hoo’s personality, his speech and how he had been living.  Anyway, I imagined a lot.  It was interesting to imagine and create this character from scratch rather than pulling out the character from my own experiences.”

The key element to play Jung Hoo was his “loneliness”

“Jung Ho was a very lonely person.   He was abandoned by his mother when he was young.   His teacher whom he had been attached to like his father also suddenly left him one day.  Those experiences made him a lonely person and in order not to get hurt further and protect his own heart, it was understandable that he stayed away from people.    This was also mentioned in the line said by his work partner Min Ja  Ahjumma when she analysed what a person Jung Hoo was, she said  “That child never left anyone, it was only people leaving him”.  Because of this reason, he was a very lonely person and I understood there was a wound in his heart.  People made him like that.  Therefore, when I played his  character, I was always aware of that “loneliness” sitting inside himself.”

You will be attracted to Jung Hoo’s shadow of loneliness but somehow the unreliable and intimate character of Bong Su is also charming.

“I don’t have any similarities to neither Jung Hoo or Bong Su and even Jung Hoo being as Healer.  If I had to choose, I would say Bong Su and I share little similarities such as the ordinary feeling and a bit of stupidity.  I also have these aspects (laugh).  Also, Bong Su’s gesture and behavior partly reflected  the ordinary me.  When comparing to Jung Hoo, he was far too cool, when comparing to Healer, I am too ordinary.  He was like a protagonist in a fantasy world fluttering the hearts of audiences with his wonderful charms.  I don’t have such charms though (laugh).”

Heart throbbing confession via phone call and rooftop kiss with eyes covered

No one had ever seen the face of “Healer”.  Jung Hoo had been living in a way that he thought family, co-workers and friends meant nothing to him.  But his destiny started to change after his encounter with Young Shin.

“It was an ideal relationship between Jung Hoo and Young Shin.  Not only were they just loving each other, their relationship was to support each other.   Jung Hoo protected Young Shin by embracing her, whereas Young Shin felt his loneliness and let herself be engulfed in his embrace.   I am like that too.  If I am being cherished, I feel like hugging someone.  When I am going through hard time and want comfort, I want to be hugged.”

These two people continuously sprouted the best love scenes in this drama starting from the rooftop kiss to many heart throbbing romantic moments.

“The scene of Jung Hoo having saved Young Shin and then kissed her with her beanie covering her eyes on the rooftop where the snow was falling remains as a special memory in my mind.  Another scene is Jung Hoo stayed away from Young Shin and locked himself in his home due to a reason but Young Shin somehow made an effort to go searching for him.  Jung Hoo realised she would be in danger if she was with him so he purposely pushed her away in a cold attitude and made her leave but she wasn’t going to leave.  Their interactions in this scene ended up with Young Shin embracing Jung Hoo in her arms and he shed tears realizing her love to him being straightforward.  Even now the heart aching feeling at that time does remain in my heart.”

Other than that, interactions between Jung Hoo and Young Shin in many unique situations make our hearts throb.

“There are many telephone conversation scenes between Jung Hoo and Young Shin.  But actually, Jung Hoo was physically in a place where he could see Young Shin.  He was talking to her while watching over her.   Young Shin called Bong Su when she talked for the first time about her feelings towards Healer.  Also, there was a scene in which Young Shin was out late night but he had been following behind and protecting her.  When she found a public phone booth, she rang Bong Su but it was Jung Hoo picking up the call, he was chatting with her while watching over her from a rooftop.   Young Shin thought I was Bong Su and said she was upset because she couldn’t meet Healer but she was talking to me (Bong Su) about me (Healer).   Since Young Shin didn’t know I was Healer so I just pretended I didn’t know either.  It was very interesting to express that complex feelings of happiness and frustrations.   I myself got fluttered while playing those scenes.”

Even it is acting, when asking him about the most heartbreaking scene…

“I can’t say much in details because it is a spoiler but when Jung Hoo lost a very important person, he was very sad and heartbroken.  This drama certainly makes you cry.  It wasn’t a scene that he emotionally cried his heart out.  In the film set, they requested Jung Hoo to hold back and not to cry.   I was told “It is not that Jung Hoo doesn’t cry but he can’t cry because Jung Hoo this character doesn’t know how to cry.”  Therefore, when he saw the body of that important person lying in the morgue, he was so heartbroken but he couldn’t cry and felt very painful.  I found it very difficult to understand the part about “he can’t cry because he doesn’t know how to cry”, it was just hard.”

I like friends, I dislike carrots

One of the memorable scenes is a Q&A format of Jung Hoo answering Young Shin’s questions.  The scene is about things Jung Hoo liked and disliked.  Things he liked were high places, first snow, small hands, things he disliked were what kept him away from things he liked.  Well, what Ji Chang Wook likes and dislikes?

“Things I like are sports, food and sleep (laugh).  Friends, drink coffee and alcohol.  Things I dislike are hunger, headache and carrots.  I didn’t like carrots since I was born, I can’t even eat them now (laugh).”

A fan meeting is scheduled to be held in Japan in July.

“I am still doing my very best to prepare for it.  I want to do a fan meeting which is different from before.  How do I make it more interesting? I am thinking about how I can spend an enjoyable time with everyone.  I think I can present a different appearance and a funny aspect of myself to my fans.  Also, I am preparing for the next project at the same time.  Although I can’t tell you the details but filming starts in July.  Because I think I can show you a new side of me, I hope you will be looking forward to it.”

English translation by manyearsago @ soompi

Source  韓国TVドラマガイド (59) released on 22 June 2015

• Like 17

Guest minksquared

Weibo Update

고마워요ee8486.png 감동감동!!!!ee9098.pngee9098.png

Translation: Thank you. I'm touched I'm touched!!!!

005RlXsOjw1ets6dhqhu3j30dc0hsac1.jpg

005RlXsOjw1ets6digzv2j30dc0hsacd.jpg

005RlXsOjw1ets6dj6pb1j30hs0dcdhi.jpg

005RlXsOjw1ets6dh1drlj30hs0dcgne.jpg

005RlXsOjw1ets6djxgpij30dc0hsgoj.jpg

005RlXsOjw1ets6dkp8skj30dc0hs412.jpg

005RlXsOjw1ets6dlfthzj30dc0hsjtk.jpg

In conjunction with our dearest's birthday, the Chinese fans displayed their birthday greetings/messages through the Skyscreen in Beijing.

Edited by minksquared

[Eng Sub] Ji Chang Wook interview on Star Talk

startalk02

During his recent stay in Hong Kong, Ji Chang Wook was interviewed by local channel TVB J2, where he appears on the “Star Talk” segment of their weekly entertainment programme titled, simply, “Entertainment News Report (娱乐新闻报道)”.  Looking somewhat tired, he talks about his controversial kiss scene in “Thrill Me” and his embarrassing fall off the stage during his performance of “The Days” in Daegu.

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/07/06/eng-sub-ji-chang-wook-interview-on-star-talk/#more-10807

This song is here. Sang by Jichangwook ♥ He covered the Ugly Alert OST , sang in Japan FM. Many thanks ^^

Slight correction.  That song is titled "Warmth of You" (Kimi no Nukumori) from the Bachelor's Vegetable Store OST and was only released in Japan for their version of the DVD Box Set.  :)

I swear... if Soompi doesn't fix all the problems generated by this migration soon... I'm gonna punch a puppy!!!  *GRRRRRRRRRRR*

• Like 7

Guest mrSimpleJ0507

[Eng Sub] Ji Chang Wook interview on Star Talk

startalk02

During his recent stay in Hong Kong, Ji Chang Wook was interviewed by local channel TVB J2, where he appears on the “Star Talk” segment of their weekly entertainment programme titled, simply, “Entertainment News Report (娱乐新闻报道)”.  Looking somewhat tired, he talks about his controversial kiss scene in “Thrill Me” and his embarrassing fall off the stage during his performance of “The Days” in Daegu.

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/07/06/eng-sub-ji-chang-wook-interview-on-star-talk/#more-10807

This song is here. Sang by Jichangwook ♥ He covered the Ugly Alert OST , sang in Japan FM. Many thanks ^^

Slight correction.  That song is titled "Warmth of You" (Kimi no Nukumori) from the Bachelor's Vegetable Store OST and was only released in Japan for their version of the DVD Box Set.^^

I swear... if Soompi doesn't fix all the problems generated by this migration soon... I'm gonna punch a puppy!!!  *GRRRRRRRRRRR*

Ah I know but this drama name " Ugly Alert"  has OST like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GayMI8pLm_Y

This drama is filmed in 2013 and I think this Song J sang made lyric and music like this. Sure it okay ;) thanks for your correction. 

This drama is filmed in 2013 and I think this Song J sang made lyric and music like this. Sure it okay ;) thanks for your correction. 

Wook recorded it for the BVS OST in March 2012, and it was covered by Choi Jun Young for the Ugly Alert OST in 2013... so it's Choi Jun Young covering Ji Chang Wook, not the other way around.

And sweetie, check your posts and remove the quoted pictures.  Pretty please with sugar on top?  :D

• Like 4

Guest mrSimpleJ0507

Happy J's Day - mah peaceful day in July ♥ " I turn to you "

The text I used is lyrics of this song " I turn to you "  ~

gBW7cGB.jpg

@All by me. Please don't take out without permisson. Thanks.If you wanna full size please PM me. Post in here I think is spam :D

Sorry girls I have been MIA for too long my job is taking a toll on me lately so no swooning but I can peek in now!!!

omg !!!! Why is JCW wearing white ... It makes me weak in the knees ,my heart pump too fast and my ovaries well ...you know ... Explode !!! 

@sia3 here I am !!

• Like 8

Guest minksquared
On the cover of One - One of my favorite picture from the shoot! :wub:

Credit: one_bntworld IG

Edited by minksquared

Guest minksquared

Instagram Update

...and one from the man himself :wub:

Translation: Today will be a good day too!!! #weather #favourite

Edited by minksquared