|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

@xuanxuan210 Thank you for sharing Liu Wen's latest Wen Li episode, where we get to see that group photo she took with the selfie stick and all her efforts trying to master the technique leading to that :P Funny, adorable Liu Wen :D 

Hmm... late night post... 12:56AM KST. What have you been busy with the whole day, Miss Liu? ;) 

Her Wen Li caption reads:

在 #纹理# 旅行团里,不会摄像的模特不是好导游ee8993.pngee9099.pngee808e.pngee8ca4.pngee909c.png
In the Wen Li tour group, a model who doesn't know how to shoot videos is a bad tour guide.

• Like 7

Mun+Won is deep today: she/he wrote: 

Because had because, so had so, since has become since, why say why。(I think you need to know a bit Chinese to understand) 

因为有了因为,所以就会有所以。既然已经变成了既然,为什么还要问为什么 - Liddi, can you help? 

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 3

@allnaturalcrunchtime_stv - it is possible that he is trying to maintain his "single" status to keep his fans at bay (I guess this part of k-pop culture is very difficult for some of us to understand especially those who live in the western part of the world) , Andy Lau, a major HK movie star maintained that status for many years and got married in secrete... but that was the old times... fans did not like that and they felt they were deceived by him... but again.. there was this obsessed fan from China whose father committed suicide because his daughter was so obsessed with Andy, and the Dad could not take it any more and killed himself on a trip on HK... Andy in the end was firm with his fans and stated that he would not respond to fan's threats... SW stated once that he absolutely respects Andy's work ethics. 

@ta380 Kneenie has been in Seoul for a few days now...

Wow...if I live to be a hundred, I don't think I'll ever understand that level of obsession over a celebrity, let alone anyone. How can you begrudge anyone their happiness, especially if it's someone you supposedly care for? That's just sick, and these people think they own them, that's why...it's a shame the father had to be the one to do away with himself.

Anyway, I've heard all the excuses and I still think Siwon wants to maintain his 'single' status at least in part because that's what the fans want, and what they want affects your popularity and marketability which in turn affects how much $$$ you can pull. I realize that's an unpopular opinion around here because who could ever conceive of Saint Richie Rich being so business-minded, but that's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

And now my mind can't help drifting to the gossipy details...where is Liu Wen staying this time in Seoul? Will she finally be allowed a room in the cavernous depths of the Choi mansion? Or will she share a room with Siwon instead, and they can spend their time playing patty-cake and braiding each other's hair? How long will she be in Seoul? The last time was only for a night, but it's just a short ride away between Beijing and Seoul whereas it's a shame to leave so soon after enduring an 11+ hour flight. Will Liu Wen finally win the entire family over, or will Madame Choi still glower disapprovingly at this heathen, this bumpkin, this 'model', despite the best efforts of Messrs. Choi? And why is Keenie in the thick of things? Egads...is she perhaps there to serve as facilitator and translator in what is purely a working environment?!

• Like 1

@allnaturalcrunchtime_stv - it is possible that he is trying to maintain his "single" status to keep his fans at bay (I guess this part of k-pop culture is very difficult for some of us to understand especially those who live in the western part of the world) , Andy Lau, a major HK movie star maintained that status for many years and got married in secrete... but that was the old times... fans did not like that and they felt they were deceived by him... but again.. there was this obsessed fan from China whose father committed suicide because his daughter was so obsessed with Andy, and the Dad could not take it any more and killed himself on a trip on HK... Andy in the end was firm with his fans and stated that he would not respond to fan's threats... SW stated once that he absolutely respects Andy's work ethics. 

@ta380 Kneenie has been in Seoul for a few days now...

Wow...if I live to be a hundred, I don't think I'll ever understand that level of obsession over a celebrity, let alone anyone. How can you begrudge anyone their happiness, especially if it's someone you supposedly care for? That's just sick, and these people think they own them, that's why...it's a shame the father had to be the one to do away with himself.

Anyway, I've heard all the excuses and I still think Siwon wants to maintain his 'single' status at least in part because that's what the fans want, and what they want affects your popularity and marketability which in turn affects how much $$$ you can pull. I realize that's an unpopular opinion around here because who could ever conceive of Saint Richie Rich being so business-minded, but that's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

And now my mind can't help drifting to the gossipy details...where is Liu Wen staying this time in Seoul? Will she finally be allowed a room in the cavernous depths of the Choi mansion? Or will she share a room with Siwon instead, and they can spend their time playing patty-cake and braiding each other's hair? How long will she be in Seoul? The last time was only for a night, but it's only a short ride away between Beijing and Seoul whereas it would be a shame to leave so soon after having endured a 11+ hour flight. Will Liu Wen finally win the entire family over, or will Madame Choi still glower disapprovingly at this heathen, this bumpkin, this 'model', despite the best efforts of Messrs. Choi? And why is Keenie in the thick of things? Egads...is she perhaps there to serve as facilitator and translator in what is purely a working environment?!

Why do you think the mom does not approve of Liu Wen? any evidence... I am asking because I really haven't come across any... that is not good if that is the case... 

On the gossipy side... I can imagine them staying in a suite but in different rooms...LOL... LW's manager and husband went with them, so I doubt LW will be staying with Chois...Per Asian tradition, it is frowned upon if she stays with them if they are not engaged,especially for traditional families.  

I think Kennie has nothing to do with what's going on.. 

On why he said he was single... I think various explanations have some validity.. so we probably won't know for a long time for sure.  Also, some fans even think that it is LW who wants to keep things under wraps since she is low-key, SW got a bit unhappy and basically said he was single if he could not make the relationship public.. 

Mun+Won left a few lines on her/his weibo today to the 540K+ followers (because had because.....see above) , sounds like there were reasons for the "single" remark, but they did not anticipate mess of such magnitude.. so Mun+Won is advising the shippers not to dwell on reasons... at least that is how I read it... 

My translation of Mun+won in plain English - There were reasons behind what happened, it is what it is, so no need to ask why

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 4

Why do you think the mom does not approve of Liu Wen? any evidence... I am asking because I really haven't come across any... that is not good if that is the case... 

On the gossipy side... I can imagine them staying in a suite but in different rooms...LOL... LW's manager and husband went with them, so I doubt LW will be staying with Chois...Per Asian tradition, it is frowned upon if she stays with them if they are not engaged,especially for traditional families.  

I think Kennie has nothing to do with what's going on.. 

On why he said he was single... I think various explanations have some validity.. so we probably won't know for a long time for sure.  Also, some fans even think that it is LW who wants to keep things under wraps since she is low-key, SW got a bit unhappy and basically said he was single if he could not make the relationship public.. 

Mun+Won left a few lines on her/his weibo today to the 540K+ followers (because had because.....see above) , sounds like there were reasons for the "single" remark, but they did not anticipate mess of such magnitude.. so Mun+Won is advising the shippers not to dwell on reasons... at least that is how I read it... 

My translation of Mun+won in plain English - There were reasons behind what happened, it is what it is, so no need to ask why

Imagination, my dear Kculturefun, imagination! After all, we're entitled...when you think about it, the arc of this romance is so incredulous that it trumps any storyline on a K-Drama. Who'd have ever thought that two such persons would be brought together by a TV show?!

And oh, the last I heard the Chois' dwelling is so palatial that it has at least a hundred rooms, so Liu Wen and her entire entourage can board there, no problem. Or better yet, those bozos can stay the hell out and room at some motel inn...which leads me to my next point...why can't Liu Wen ever be alone with Siwon? Why is it that every time they meet up, their managers and his or her grandmothers have to be in tow? The obvious answer to that question would be a crushing blow to any shipper.

liddi will have to hand out more reassurances when she wakes up. ;)

Don't think too much haha. For me I still think this trip is work/personal combination. A work project that she could reject but she still tried to make it because she wants to visit someone(?!)

Her crew follows her all the way from China to US to UK to Europe and now to Korea, I don't  think they would stay at SW's house, even they got the invitation, she would choose to stay at a hotel for many objective reasons. They speak different languages, lots of luggages and they need space, more convenient for both sides,... More than that I doubt they're in the stage that they will sleep in the same room lol 

Idc if the guy at the airport was SW or not but as long as the ride was sent from him, I'm happy enough lol cause that means they talked and arranged about this privately :rolleyes:

• Like 4

@allnaturalcrunchtime_stv - LOL, it is good imagination.  In all seriousness, I read from somewhere that Siwon's mother just wants what every mother wants for her son - to be  happy.  Her wish is for Siwon to find someone that can make him happy. So what you said took me by surprise. :-)

As for staying at Siwon's I am taking my guess mainly based upon cultural customs. Before marriage, if possible, girls should not be staying at their boyfriends' house.. of course, many people don't follow that tradition... but in LW/SW's case, I would think they do. So my idea of them staying at a hotel is compromise so they can be as physically close as possible... 

I am sure SW/LW will be spending time on their own ... remember SW drove LW away in his car after filming in Korea (at least once as we know of)...

On a separate note: 

I don't think Mun+Won knows a whole lot more than us but she/he does know certain info before us and occasionally gets inside info.  She posted below images today 

Because had because, so had so, since has become since, why say why ( Chinese translation is : 因为有了因为,所以有了所以,既然已成既然,何必再说何必, Liddi, help here, please)

But my translation is : There were reasons behind what happened, it is what it is, so no need to keep asking why... 

I might be reading too much into below images and above caption, pure speculation here.  I think below images may be related to the "single" remark.. the two of them might have different views on how to present their relationship.. then "single" remark came out.. (so maybe LW does not want to go public, and Siwon did...)

0060wjSvjw1ewe2bkq8ajj30zk0zke81.jpg0060wjSvjw1ewe2bj30mhj30zk0zkkjl.jpg

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 4

After mun+won posted that last cryptic status., there is a speculation that some big news might come out today, but unlikely a good one for shipper. Some people said they are only good friends.

I hope not.

Let's stay positive and hope today is a good day :)

• Like 4

I remain hopeful :D  If they are gonna end up together, it's important that they, at the very least, remain good friends. My biggest fear for them as a shipper was that they would stop contacting each other and never meet up, but now we know that that's not the case, so I'm happy!!! Even if it is just a friendship for now, it will always have the potential to become much more as long as they keep in touch, stay grounded and keep the snakes at bay. Remember what Papa Choi said? As long as there's a small flame, it can always be reignited. Pretty please protect that flame Shiliu couple!!! :wub:

Edited by bambam13
  • Like 7

After mun+won posted that last cryptic status., there is a speculation that some big news might come out today, but unlikely a good one for shipper. Some people said they are only good friends.

I hope not.

Let's stay positive and hope today is a good day :)

Let's keep our fingers crossed.  But honestly, I don't read anything negative into the message after the "single" remark. I thought mun+won is asking people not to dwell on the past, because some people still can't get over the "single" comment, people are still fighting... 

The fact that he went to Seoul rather than staying at Milan speaks volume.. and she revealed our trip first thing yesterday morning to calm down the fandom (gosh, I don't like this word), she is protecting SW and herself, but mainly SW in her way... and it was effective to a great extent for the 16 fans, wasn't it?  In the process of doing that, she got backlashes from ELFs...

Right now, the "single" remark does not give them much room to maneuver, i..e they can't say they are a couple, or even give many hints about it... let's just hope the fans drop the subject, remain low key, and stop fighting... and protect them.

To me, no major denial from them is good news, if she continues to go on her "work"trips, even better....  

• Like 7

@rocky689 I don't think it would be a waste of time either way. They've both gained a new audience, new fans and a fun experience. From what it looks like, they've also become close to each other and each others staff members. So even if all they turn out to be is "good friends", I'm content with it. I may still be hoping for more, but that's only until there really is zero hope for a relationship. If my hopes are dashed in that regard, of course I'll be disappointed, but I'm still gonna support and follow them thru their individual works. I started the show because I was a fan of Siwon and SJ, but now I'm a fan of Liu Wen too and it's been so fun to follow her work and to see her conquer the fashion world! I really have no regrets either way and I don't think anyone in here should have regrets either. We know what we want, but if it doesn't happen, then it's okay! I've had the pleasure of meeting all of u in here too, so I don't regret anything. I'm a happy camper all day lol I'm still gonna ride it til the wheels fall off though hahahaha

• Like 8

@rocky689 I don't think it would be a waste of time either way. They've both gained a new audience, new fans and a fun experience. From what it looks like, they've also become close to each other and each others staff members. So even if all they turn out to be is "good friends", I'm content with it. I may still be hoping for more, but that's only until there really is zero hope for a relationship. If my hopes are dashed in that regard, of course I'll be disappointed, but I'm still gonna support and follow them thru their individual works. I started the show because I was a fan of Siwon and SJ, but now I'm a fan of Liu Wen too and it's been so fun to follow her work and to see her conquer the fashion world! I really have no regrets either way and I don't think anyone in here should have regrets either. We know what we want, but if it doesn't happen, then it's okay! I've had the pleasure of meeting all of u in here too, so I don't regret anything. I'm a happy camper all day lol I'm still gonna ride it til the wheels fall off though hahahaha

I don't mean waste their time shipping them, I mean waste all day waiting for some news of them when there is none.

• Like 1

@rocky689, well some people might enjoy the hunt lol I usually check the Shiliu insta, mun+won weibo, their sns accts or I come here for the latest news. I'm grateful for all the eagle-eyed shippers of this fandom and their efforts. If not for them, I wouldn't have found out a lot of things. Anyways, let's not stress about this "announcement". Whatever it is, we can take it and we'll deal with it accordingly. Have a good day rocky and everyone else. Keep the faith and ride it til the wheels fall off lol

• Like 6

Agree with you @bambam13. At least we know one thing for sure that they remain tight and unfazed regardless of all the negativities and fan attacks. LW is amazingly brave and courageous especially. She always comes to SW's rescue and stands up for him every time he gets burnt. 

I'm glad that I get to know more about LW through the shows and through the information we've gathered here and from elsewhere.

enjoy the ride...cheers :)

• Like 9

Because had because, so had so, since has become since, why say why ( Chinese translation is : 因为有了因为,所以有了所以,既然已成既然,何必再说何必, Liddi, help here, please)

But my translation is : There were reasons behind what happened, it is what it is, so no need to keep asking why... 

@Kculturefun This is a first... translating from English to Chinese back to English :P 

I agree with your translation. My version is: "Whatever happened, transpired for a reason. Since this is the case, there is no need to ask why."

My take is that the fan wars escalated to a whole new high after his "single" remark - multi-cornered fights; those who remain shippers being attacked by every faction - ELFs, shippers-turned-haters (mostly her fans rather than his); ELFs vs her fans. Her announcement about being in Seoul helped to calm some shipper hearts, but attracted attacks instead from some ELFs and her own fans - some think she is desperate, clinging on when he already said he was single. Others are determined to justify that she is there merely for work purposes and chew people for trying to link both of them together. Yet others blame both of them for leading everyone on a merry dance, saying it was a lie from the very beginning, while another group spout their uninvited opinion that she should be with a Chinese guy instead... the list goes on. Either way, the high strung reactions are still ongoing.

Among shippers, I think the main question everyone keeps bandying is why he said that in the first place. Certainly this would not be a question asked by non-shippers, and would instead be taken at face value. So, I think what mun+won is saying is, since we believe or at least hope they are together, then we should trust that there is a good reason he would say something like that. As such, there is no need to ask why he did so. Ultimately, as shippers, we are not privy to the goings-on between them, nor are we entitled to demand answers that they may not wish to, or are at liberty to give. Rather, we should at least trust and respect their decisions, whatever they may be, however they wish to conduct their relationship. Whatever hints or news we get from them are a bonus, not a right. Ultimately, when we really think about it, it is their relationship, their lives, and we are mere bystanders and supporters at the sidelines, with no right to dictate or demand.

In any case, I am not overly concerned. She has always travelled with an entourage, whether it is to meet him or not. Remember that her entourage (at the very least her manager, her manager's husband and 雯疯而动 admin) was with her even during the Chengdu vacation with her parents. How much more now, when she is in the middle of fashion week, before appearing to unceremoniously drop everything and come to Seoul. As for Siwon's family, I think it is pretty much a given that his father and sister are supportive of their relationship. As for his mother, she has always maintained her distance from the spotlight and her face never revealed, at her request, even on his IG posts. He has certainly gone quiet on SNS too since she arrived, so I will take that as him spending quality time with her after (and perhaps even during) work :) He is definitely still filming the drama, and I will expect this to be ongoing until early November, knowing the propensity for live shootings. Regardless, the very fact that they were together since 23 Sep gives me great joy and hope. The only question now is how long she is able to stay in Seoul this time round... whether she will forego Milan Fashion Week altogether, or leave before Chuseok. Either way, how wonderful that they are together in the same place, at the same time once more.

• Like 9

Yeah I agree with what @liddi and @bambam13 has mentioned. And my apologies for offending anyone but here are my two cents: But in regards to say that Liu Wen is missing out the big brands on Milan Fashion Week, I think we should let Liu Wen be the judge of that since she is the one who is making the decisions and knows what is best for her. To us, we may think that missing the Milan fashion week is a huge deal since she is missing these huge brands. But maybe at this point, something else is more important than attending Milan Fashion Week. Maybe she is trying  to balance her family and her career. And who knows? Maybe right now, she is trying out something new or wants to spend time with her close ones.

• Like 8

@liddi LOL about the translation.. I realized after I hit the send button.

Anyway, She could be in Seoul for 2 more days... one of her loyal fans kept saying " 2 more days, 2 more days" on her weibo, so she may leave on 9/26 or 9/27 ..Paris FW starts on 9/29. 

Also, some fans are saying she is in Seoul shooting a UN charity campaign.. huh?  

We may choose Gucci and Versace over campaign if it were us .. but we don't have someone important in Seoul either... at least I don't :-) 

• Like 6