Super dry hair :-(

Bechamel

was the same way! I would dye my hair every month and had all kinds of colors, from black to red ,from lovely purple to blondeI’ve tried a great mask just last week for silky, healthy hair – Combine one egg, a couple tablespoons olive oil, one avacado and a little yogurt. Mix well and apply to wet hair (this allows the nutrients to penetrate better) and leave on for about a halff hour. Rinse and shampoo/condition as normal :) your hair should feel strong, healthy and look shiny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Take two eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
  • Add three tablespoons of water and beat until the mixture is slightly fluffy.
  • Apply all over your hair and wait for 30 minutes before washing.
  • Use cool water to wash your hair. This keeps the egg from “cooking” and controls the smell.

You’ll be surprised at the instant shine in your hair. I did not dye the hair, replace with hair extensions.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a lot of problems with my hair, it was a nightmare. I went from black to blonde and my hair just wasn’t happy. It was dry, had a lot of breakage, there wasn’t a single hair that didn’t have split ends. So my mother heard from her hairdresser that Nioxin was great for the kind of SITUATION that was going on on my head. I ordered it here http://www.facialco.com.au/brand/nioxin/system-3.html and it’s saving my hair! I think you should give it a try.

Wow so much tips on this thread! Thanks guys. I have extremely dry hair naturally but it got worse when I colored and straightened my hair. I stopped this two year ago. Thanks again, will try some of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Winters are gone but the problem of dry hair is still on for girls. Well its a real chore washing and styling your hair in the mornings. Dryness of hair worsens when you have chemically treated hair, so normal shampoo-conditioner routine isn’t enough for this. Just like your skin your hair needs proper care too. So shop for these effective repairing hair mask for dry & damaged hair.

On 14.03.2017 at 10:36 PM, misselise said:

I had a lot of problems with my hair, it was a nightmare. I went from black to blonde and my hair just wasn’t happy. It was dry, had a lot of breakage, there wasn’t a single hair that didn’t have split ends. So my mother heard from her hairdresser that Nioxin was great for the kind of SITUATION that was going on on my head.

Nioxin? I have been using it for a year or so and it does help with hair loss.I noticed it stopped my shedding when using it, however it made my hair feel really dry after a while.I switched to using the conditioner only on my scalp and it didn't have much effect as the shampoo, although it made my scalp feel nice.

• 5 weeks later...

giphy.gif

Personally for me dyeing very damage my hair. I have tried a variety of different things. So far my hair is responding to VO5,Castor oil, Coconut oil and Aloe Gel.Periodically I use henna but only until it is washed out after a few weeks. It give me color what I want like red brown or burgundy hairstylezz  Plus henna makes my hair much more manageable and silky

• 1 month later...

Dry and rough hair is common problem for women. But their are various home remedies and tips for getting rid of dry hair naturally at home. 

1. If you have dry hair than do not wash your hair daily because it would de-moisturize your hair and will worsen your condition. You should wash your hair by 2-3 day interval.

2. Another reason of dry hairs can be dehydration i.e. low water intake. So drink as much of water as you can and include eat stuff like bananas, dairy, dark green vegetables, proteins, vitamins and mineral for proper hair nourishment. 

3. Massage is another effective way to get rid of dry hairs as it helps in producing moisture to hair and make our hair roots strong which prevents hair fall. It is best to go for Coconut oil for hair loss and dry hairs .

4. Dry and rough hair can be due to the excess exposure to the sun. Remember to use conditioners before going out to prevent any kind of damage to your hairs.

I actually went to Lush a few days ago and mentioned my problems, and the girl working there recommended some products that really helped my hair. I had some problems with dandruff(?) and my scalp was dry + it got very oily after two days. It's been 3 days since I washed my hair, and it's still not oily and the dandruff is gone. She told me about a product that would give my hair a lot of shine and make it silky. I'm going back this week to pick that up :)

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe try avoiding washing your hair so much? Or get some leave in deep conditioning treatment to help it recover. Shampoo strips the hair and scalp of its natural oils, which is why we use conditioner to put some moisture back in. But if you are using shampoo too much, your hair is going to be having a pretty rough time and might overcompensate on the oil as a defensive moisture measure, which is why you may feel like you have oily hair. I like the Aussie three minute miracle stuff, and its not too expensive like some other treatments. My friend used it after she bleacher her hair, to try help it. 

Theres this 2 step keratin treatment that they sell at Sally's that has really saved my hair on multiple occasions. I forget what it's called though, Aside from that, I've been debating getting a keratin treatment. My hair is also very bleached though.

• 9 months later...

Try this home remedy: treat dry, brittle hair with a small amount of butter for a glossy shine. Massage it into your dry hair, then cover your hair with a shower cap for about a half hour. Shampoo as usual, and rinse all the butter out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

To avoid hair dryness follow these instructions:
1. Use a moisturizer which will contin water as a main ingredient. Other hir care products, including shampoo, should not contain sulfates and parabenes.

2. Do not overheat your hair! I'd recommend you to stop using curlers or flat irons. If your blowdryer heats your hair up too much, then choose  another one with a cool air function.

4. Use a deep conditioner after washing your hair. 

5. Try natural ingredients as coconut oil and avocado for making a hair mask.

Archived