[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Anyways,anyone else think that things will get messy soon.  Eun Dong finally gets back her memory but I honestly don't see them truly reuniting until much much later.  For one thing, in the eyes of the public, ED is JE and is a married woman.  JH has public's sympathy because of the event and his disability.  ED/JE is gonna look like she abandoned her child and disabled husband.  HS/EH will also look bad in the eyes of the public because he stole another man's wife.  It won't matter to the public that he has found Eun Dong.  All they will see is that he's a home wrecker. It's gonna be interesting how this will play out and how the writer will handle this.

@honeywell,  This is why I think ED should write her own version of the events between her and PHS /EH and ED /JE not leaving JH and adopted parents out.. This the only way the public won't buy JH sympathy act.. If the public need to be sympathetic it should be to ED and the child they stole to hold her in bondage just so JH could have her..    

Yah, there were a lot of cameras clicking at the 'Eclipse' dinner.  It could be the headline entertainment news the next day.  Wonder how EH would react to the media reports?  Would CSR take advantage of that? Would she support EH or fight him?  If she fights him publicly what would ED do publicly? Wonder if SR's toy boy will step in somehow?  Where would HB fall in this dance?  And what's up with that woman he keeps running into.  So many questions to be answered !

There is one positive side in that meeting tough: everybody watched and cameras registered the moment ED arose and pulled off her arm from JE, and then she went out. People watched that with a surprised look in their faces, and her image wasn't that of a happy wife.

I think a good reporter would think the whole situation very suspicious: none of their behaviour (ED-JE-EH) was normal. A good and honest reporter will dig in it, and will find many things not pretty about JE.

I don't know, maybe that reporter who is friends with EH could become curious and do his job. I don't know if you remember, but he knew about the ghostwriter, which means he is a good friend of EH.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

I'm not really bothered by the age gap between the 10s version of ED and HS.  They acted really well.  They showed the essence of young love and adolescent. HS at 17 didn't know if it was love but he was fond of ED's innocence and found himself wanting to always take care of her.  ED on the other hand had experienced her first crush.  I think the writer wanted us to see young love at different perspective. ..in the eyes of an innocent girl and also in the eyes of an immature  boy who thought he knew it all but ended up growing up to protect that girl.

Anyways, I just finished watching the subs for episode 9 and does anyone else find it sad that HS waited 20 years to get his first kiss from ED.  I feel like ED didn't wait for her first kiss.

Welcome aboard @bebebisous33, Looking forward to some interesting thoughts from you.. 

@seungshin, I think I pretty much figured out what happen prior to the accident JH had been stalking ED and PHS we see that much in the park with him watching them.. JH also saw PHS hugging ED from the back and showering her with kisses all over her face he heard they conversation about her going to his audition and ED being there will give him support.. He witness PHS jumping in the water showing that this man will do anything for ED something he never thought he would ever had to do PHS always shown ED what kind of man he was with action JH didn't or never had that and he was jealous and got stark raving mad with envy..  When ED left to go buy the towel for HS JH took that chance to take her away we have no clue to where was he taking her.. JH drag ED in his car or he may have told her he would take her to buy the towel and once she got in the car he went into maniac mode.. We all know ED was yelling at him to pull the car over and let her out but JH kept going they came upon a red light JH knew if he stop the car ED would have gotten out and after showing that crazy deranged side of him to he he knew he didn't stand a chance with her anymore, So JH put the petal to the metal went around another car on the opposite side of the street red through the red light into oncoming traffic..

It's more to ED medical condition if you ask me ED was fully aware where she was and she was calling out for PHS during the accident.. We never saw this supposed to be trauma to her head at the time of the accident we saw no bandages wrap around her head all we heard was the ekg machine going off and her hand hitting the floor of the ambulance.. Did she really loose her memory at that or was it really altered.. Adopted dad keeps saying at that time we had no other choice but to do it this way.. This tells me that the relationship between ED and JH may have been over for  minute.. JH and adopted dad to claim that JH was the father of RA II to help JH get what he wanted JE..                          

I'm not really bothered by the age gap between the 10s version of ED and HS.  They acted really well.  They showed the essence of young love and adolescent. HS at 17 didn't know if it was love but he was fond of ED's innocence and found himself wanting to always take care of her.  ED on the other hand had experienced her first crush.  I think the writer wanted us to see young love at different perspective. ..in the eyes of an innocent girl and also in the eyes of an immature  boy who thought he knew it all but ended up growing up to protect that girl.

Anyways, I just finished watching the subs for episode 9 and does anyone else find it sad that HS waited 20 years to get his first kiss from ED.  I feel like ED didn't wait for her first kiss.

Maybe I'm ubber romantic, but my taken in ED is that she never dated JH. I just think that every JH's movie was one-sided, and if she went out with him was because her step dad pushed her to do so. But I think she never accepted any physical movie from JH. If he kissed her, imo, it was by force and never wished or permitted by ED. After ep. 10 It seems clear to me that she didn't say "I don't have bf" to HS because she wanted to make  him jealous. I think that ED didn't know if HS liked her as a sister or as a woman, then she set on her plan to conquer him :) .

Anyways,anyone else think that things will get messy soon.  Eun Dong finally gets back her memory but I honestly don't see them truly reuniting until much much later.  For one thing, in the eyes of the public, ED is JE and is a married woman.  JH has public's sympathy because of the event and his disability.  ED/JE is gonna look like she abandoned her child and disabled husband.  HS/EH will also look bad in the eyes of the public because he stole another man's wife.  It won't matter to the public that he has found Eun Dong.  All they will see is that he's a home wrecker. It's gonna be interesting how this will play out and how the writer will handle this.

@honeywell,  This is why I think ED should write her own version of the events between her and PHS /EH and ED /JE not leaving JH and adopted parents out.. This the only way the public won't buy JH sympathy act.. If the public need to be sympathetic it should be to ED and the child they stole to hold her in bondage just so JH could have her..    

Yah, there were a lot of cameras clicking at the 'Eclipse' dinner.  It could be the headline entertainment news the next day.  Wonder how EH would react to the media reports?  Would CSR take advantage of that? Would she support EH or fight him?  If she fights him publicly what would ED do publicly? Wonder if SR's toy boy will step in somehow?  Where would HB fall in this dance?  And what's up with that woman he keeps running into.  So many questions to be answered !

There is one positive side in that meeting tough: everybody watched and cameras registered the moment ED arose and pulled off her arm from JE, and then she went out. People watched that with a surprised look in their faces, and her image wasn't that of a happy wife.

I think a good reporter would think the whole situation very suspicious: none of their behaviour (ED-JE-EH) was normal. A good and honest reporter will dig in it, and will find many things not pretty about JE.

I don't know, maybe that reporter who is friends with EH could become curious and do his job. I don't know if you remember, but he knew about the ghostwriter, which means he is a good friend of EH.

Hey nice one.  Yes I remember him.  He told EH about the 'goat milk' story and also thought that he felt like it was Eun Dong who wrote the story.  Right.  Hmm. 

@seugshin ;... Just a quick comment. The other Lee Min Ho is 22years old. I went online,and found he won a Best Young Actor in 2012 for his role as the young prince Yang Myung in  "The Moon Embracing the Sun". H debuted as a child actor and keeps pretty busy.  I see his name a lot in Soompi articles and he gets talked about even by the senior Lee Min Ho. His parent were against him changing his name (per Wikipedia), & told him to "just work harder". The two actors know each other and are very cordial & friendly about the whole thing."Everybody" in TV, articles, all the fans, seem to have accepted the two of them without any major problems.  How nice!   ^_^    Didn't want you to think of that sweet guy as an older man.  The kid is so cute.

Thank you for pointing this out.  I remember the other Lee Min Ho now.  The irony, of the real Lee Min Ho vs. Lee Min Ho who adopted the name and became known around the world (at least Asia anyway) by that name :)

Available online for sale, for eg, at HERE. Seems inexpensive at about USD27 for a set of 4 hardcover books(in korean).

(EDIT: Link doesn't work, the site address is http://bit.ly/1FLyPdv )

Picheondeuk Literature Complete Works (Destiny, Life, I love poetry, Shakespeare's sonnets.)

[image deleted]

The whole collection is about $27.00 US.  Books are so nicely priced in Korea ! 

Maybe I'm ubber romantic, but my taken in ED is that she never dated JH. I just think that every JH's movie was one-sided, and if she went out with him was because her step dad pushed her to do so. But I think she never accepted any physical movie from JH. If he kissed her, imo, it was by force and never wished or permitted by ED. After ep. 10 It seems clear to me that she didn't say "I don't have bf" to HS because she wanted to make  him jealous. I think that ED didn't know if HS liked her as a sister or as a woman, then she set on her plan to conquer him :) .

You are probably right but I do want to add an element of cultural context here for us to keep in mind as we try to 'understand' JH's point of view or what could play out in the triangle involving ED & JH & EH going forward.

Even if ED didn't have any feelings for him and never went on a 'date' the fact that JH was the one her father chose her to marry (they could have been 'matched up' from early on, long before ED and EH reunited in their 20's) would have created a relationship between ED & JH based on that 'expectation' alone.  JH might have felt she was 'his woman' by virtue of the fact that her dad had approved and supported their marriage.  This is not totally meaningless within the social context.  Not saying this is right, just saying that it's something we should consider.  

Am I too imaginative? I suppose that you should say 'wait for another kiss from ED' because the couple already had a very romantic night and resulted in Ra Il.. then it should be more than one kiss in the night that they 'had loved until dead' (Words by Eunho) :) 

JH declared war to EH when he came out of the elevator at the hospital. He went straight for EH and EH step aside. Great acting by JJM. His expression/reaction was really good. 

That stare fest: JJM's eyes from pure love to pure hatred in a short span of time. Oscar worthy. 

@docster6 Really enjoyed your perspectives with this drama. As a woman, I am in awe with KSR beauty. She looks great dolled up and with bare minimal makeup too.  I'm so amazed how KSR can look so good in "daily-regular-people-clothes". Not many can pull it off well. We don't see her wear a $2000-$3000 top masked as a poor person clothes. Even her dress at that event is so simple. And her pajamas is something we gals would wear. Loved it. And dayum, she has a great body for a 37 yo woman! 

@sooyoungdaebak.  I also loved that scene EH look JH dead in the face didn't move or flinch.. He gave JH the look yes it's me motha fuker LOL your worst nightmare then he held the elevator open waiting for JH to turn his chair around as to say if you got something say spit it out.. Then closed the elevator door like I don't have time for your stupidity.. That natural feel in that scene is indeed praise worthy..DABEAK..        

@docster6 To me, EH isn't stealing his woman back but he is claiming her. It is his right to claim her, as she had been stolen from him in the first place.

@bebebisous33,  In this case it's criminal like a kidnapping that turned horribly wrong (the accident) and to keep things from getting blown up JH and adopted dad married her to him to cover his fault..

Also now that EH has found ED JH wants to do things to him out of spite showing him that he' the owner of her..  

@docster6 To me, EH isn't stealing his woman back but he is claiming her. It is his right to claim her, as she had been stolen from him in the first place.

She is not his property so he can't claim her; she hasn't been stolen from him. On the other hand, what her parents did to her is an entirely different matter. I hope the drama allows ED to make her own choice. We're just along for the ride.

I know, but what bothered me was the expression Stealing back, because it has a negative connotation. Stealing is something illegal, but claiming is not. You claim for a right and not only for a possession. Sure, it is ED 's decision, but she forced to leave her love. That why I am prefering the word claiming.

@bebebisous33 I'm with you. I agree. It sounds more like a case of Eun Ho reclaiming his love. But I can't deny STEAL makes the heart skip a little when I heard him say it that way. Perhaps the word was chosen for a 'special' affect? Maybe 'steal' in korean also loosely mean 'reclaim'? and what Eun Ho said doesn't have a negative connotation? @seungshin care to shed some light here? Thanks.

@jadecloud,  I think EH meant it literally he knew ED was stolen from him due to her loss memory he feels they stole him and ED memories and he plan to steal his love and memories back until she remembers him..    

For those of you who communicate in Chinese and in Chinese Media, someone on DC Inside is wanting to find someone who can promote the interest for MYED DVD on Weibo and other (Chinese language social media I assume) to attract Chinese fans.  http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=fashion70&no=41635&page=1

This is the photo they have been posting all over DC Inside without any other info on where they can be contacted.  But at any rate here it is.

I've read the link post but what do they want Chinese fans to do? To post something in DC or what? C-netizens can not ask for MLE DVD in Chinese forums I think.

@ninaanin,  I also thought a good reporter would come in and open Pandora's box.. I think a good reporter will be able to show that JH is the evil that comes out of the Jack N the box the music sound and looks nice until the box pops open and you can see his real evil.. I think a good reporter will be able to find out that RA II isn't JH son..     

She is not his property so he can't claim her; she hasn't been stolen from him. On the other hand, what her parents did to her is an entirely different matter. I hope the drama allows ED to make her own choice. We're just along for the ride.

I know, but what bothered me was the expression Stealing back, because it has a negative connotation. Stealing is something illegal, but claiming is not. You claim for a right and not only for a possession. Sure, it is ED 's decision, but she forced to leave her love. That why I am prefering the word claiming.

@bebebisous33 I'm with you. I agree. It sounds more like a case of Eun Ho reclaiming his love. But I can't deny STEAL makes the heart skip a little when I heard him say it that way. Perhaps the word was chosen for a 'special' affect? Maybe 'steal' in korean also loosely mean 'reclaim'? and what Eun Ho said doesn't have a negative connotation? @seungshin care to shed some light here? Thanks.

@jadecloud, funny this has resurfaced.  Why not it was such a great line from JJM.

I remember when JEH said this for the first time in Preview of 6 everyone here was very excited. It was such a sexy romantic manly line for any man to say.  I posted translation of JEH's answer as him saying this..... 'I will have to (forcefully) take her back.'  

As the hours went on I noticed that most of subbing (didn't check them all) were translating the answer as 'I will have to steal her back.'  So @docster6 is totally exonerated for using the word 'stealing' since all the English subbing sites used the word.  

And I can see why 'steal' was used by subbers.  It sounds more forceful and easy to understand.  It's just that it's not exactly what JEH said in that interview scene.

JEH said in Korean '뺴서야죠 (bbae-seo-ya-jyo)' which means "I will have to take her."  

To be fair, just saying 'Ill take something' implies some sense of 'force.'  It's an active, aggressive word there is not too much passive taking (may be when you take a chocolate).  So that's another reason why I could understand the word 'steal' was used.

It's just that there is a specific word for 'stealing' in Korean and this is definitely NOT what JEH said.

JEH did not say '흠쳐야죠 (hum-cheo-ya-jyo)' which means "I will have to steal her"

On the other hand, I do feel JEH definitely feels ED was stolen from him.  So @bebebisous33 I am afraid both JEH and CJH cannot be exonerated from thinking ED as most precious 'possession.'   

‘Eun Dong-ah,’ Even the name makes our hearts ache like crazy now

PS:  With special thanks to @lucy13880 for finding these great articles and keeping me busy!

@jadecloud it's so nice you share your hard work with us. :wub:

I'll keep searching useful info and good articles. Fighting!

@valsava,

I agree ED was in her right mind and calling for HS so this makes me think ED must have suffered another trauma. Something that her mind couldn't handle so she suppressed everything before the last 10 years. . This is where adopted father and JH come in.  Whatever happen is the reason they went to the US so nothing familiar would trigger her memory. 

@seungshin,

Good point you brought up about the culture. There could have been an arrangement between the families. JH was all set to go with it because he was in love with ED but she had other plans of who she loved and wanted to marry. In JH's mind HS was taking the woman he loved away from him. It didn't matter that ED loved someone else.He loved and wanted her and to him she was his. 

JH is a bitter man because even with no memory of HS he knows ED never loved him as she loved HS. He applied the guilt and enslaved her as punishment for not loving him. 

I don't think EH sees ED as a possession on as does JH.  EH knows deep within his soul the love they shared for each other. Even with ED having no memory there's still that deep connection between them. Just as EH makes ED's heart flutter the same goes for EH. 

Archived