[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Joo Jin-mo has this distinct ability with his eye to pull you in without saying a word. It is because of his dazzling yet desperate eyes that I realized it is a crime not to check this drama out. My Love Eun Dong ought to put some sense into the local networks. Why are good stuff being transported to cable dramas. For now, Joo Jin-mo is the man of the day. Fighting!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to hate Choi but I can't. He may be infatuated with ED before the accident and since ppl in the drama think he was "protecting her" during the accident, I think he was up to no good when it happened. When he woke up paralyze, his mom may be distraught and ED's dad knowing ED has amnesia, he got them married. 

@sooyoungdaebak - I also can't hate Choi. I pity him more than anything. He acknowledged that he was the one who came in between ED and EH and as such I think he is regretful of ED's situation. When the accident happened and he found out he was disabled, it must have been hard for him too as he was supposed to have a bright future in his baseball career. Having ED by his side may be just his last life line. Not that I am trying to excuse what he has done.. but he is pitiful.

1. I felt that the teen ED is slightly different in character as compared to 20s and 30s ED. The teen ED is more serious and matured beyond her age, on the other hand 20s and 30s ED seem to be closer in characterisation - passionate, fun, and reckless at times as she follows her hearts. This could be to do more of the child actress that potrays ED rather than the characterisation in the story?

Regarding your first point, it just show the significance of the impact HS had in ED's life, the ED in her 10's had HS all to himself without any extra forces influencing their relationship, their relationship was smooth sailing,something the latter ED's didn't have the privilege to have with her having a boyfriend in her 20's and a husband in her 30's.

The 10's ED could enjoy HS to her heart content knowing that she was all his while the latter ED's(20's and 30's) must have felt some pressure because of their situation and since it was natural for her to love HS so in an effort to stay true to her self, it must have come as been passionate, fun, and reckless at times when she follows her hearts.

@oyeleyeolusina, @luv2skulz - thank you for your insights. They indeed explained how ED is different in her teen as compared to her in her twenties and thirties. I love it that the writer put in all these details into ED's character. I hope that the writer gives us a bit more insights into ED's life with her adopted family. She seems to be closed with her adoptive mother, but then there was a comment by her in-law in one of the episodes (can't remember which episode) that ED's adoptive parents are not much help in her current family situation. 

I try to hate Choi but I can't. He may be infatuated with ED before the accident and since ppl in the drama think he was "protecting her" during the accident, I think he was up to no good when it happened. When he woke up paralyze, his mom may be distraught and ED's dad knowing ED has amnesia, he got them married. 

@sooyoungdaebak - I also can't hate Choi. I pity him more than anything. He acknowledged that he was the one who came in between ED and EH and as such I think he is regretful of ED's situation. When the accident happened and he found out he was disabled, it must have been hard for him too as he was supposed to have a bright future in his baseball career. Having ED by his side may be just his last life line. Not that I am trying to excuse what he has done.. but he is pitiful.

@ohuihui, @sooyoungdaebak,  How can you guy's pity a man that's continue to lie to her that it's her fault he's in this situation and a guilt trip on her that's not pity that pure selfishness.. Like I said they have twisted this lie so bad and made it her disadvantages his advantage but it's her fault pity ED and RA II If you pity him may as well pity adopted mom to    

Can someone help me remember if EH knows timing between accident and ED disappearance?  Does he know the accident was 10 years ago?   If not, I think right now he is hung up on RI photo because he is having hard time believing ED could have possibly conceived a child with another man right after they reconnected.  That's why he keeps saying he is waiting to hear it all from her...  

@Ohuihui  yes, it is confirmed that ED and Choi were dating when EH met her again in college. But it is also clear that she was going to break up with Choi to be with EH. Think ED as a little girl was serious because of situation with her grandmother, parents, poverty, etc. Also her maturity helps explain how EH could look at her as more than just a kid.  And I think ep 8 scene in the fitting room is about ED not just seeing images in her head but starting to understand the meaning and depth of their memories together, and starting to feel that way again. 

ED mentioned that he had a boyfriend to EH when they met again in their 20s. ED may be dating Choi, but I am interested in ED's state of heart prior to meeting EH again. Was she dating Choi because she was pressured by her adopted family? Or was she dating Choi because she really likes him - and because of EH's appearance, she had a change of heart? Or was Choi pursuing her endlessly and she just ignored him because of her love for EH? I know for sure that EH has no change of heart for 20 years, but what about ED? Maybe it's already implied somewhere and I've missed it.

@valsava Hmm...I don't pity Choi and I don't hate him either. I feel ED's adopted dad has been running the show and Choi just play/follow along. Nothing about the accident, eg how it happened and why it happened have been explained in details yet. Till then, I will hold my judgement. Instead I hate that rich girl that is trying her best to separate EH from ED. I don't pity her. 

@valsava Hmm...I don't pity Choi and I don't hate him either. I feel ED's adopted dad has been running the show and Choi just play/follow along. Nothing about the accident, eg how it happened and why it happened have been explained in details yet. Till then, I will hold my judgement. Instead I hate that rich girl that is trying her best to separate EH from ED. I don't pity her. 

@sooyoungdaebak,  Well SR what I can say it's just her nature she's been spoiled all her life and got what she wanted and sometimes that has included men she hasn't done anything wrong as of yet but we are all anticipating her evilness to come because it's there on the surface.. I just hope JH stop all this ridiculous nonsense before goes any further .. SR and JH just have to learn this isn't burger king and you can't have your way no matter what..

Also I think I found the drama that will heal me from MLED Yes I'll be love sick and having withdraw symptoms after it's over but I'm hoping forever young do it for me I have read some good reviews about the drama     

Well almost Midnight in my neck of the woods so I bid you all a goodnight or good day 

I don't pity Choi husband because he is a selfish man! He thinks about his own happiness and ED have to make a choice! Eun Ho is waiting for her but i think he can't wait forever :( Poor man, he was in agony for too much time already!

Staff record of Episode 8 shooting

11379180_1871594623064870_2001055213_n.j

이날은 사랑하는 은동아 최대 위기였어요..
지나가는 행인의 관심과 노래와 기타를 심하게 좋아하는 2인이 있어 힘들었던 하루 였어요.(가끔 이런 상황들이 발생하죠 ㅋ)
두배우의 감정씬인데 오디오 관계상 힘들었어요
조금 조용한 가운데 찍을려고 하면 기타 좋아하는 아저씨가 찾아왔고 조금 조용해서 찍을려고 하면 비가 너무 많이 와 처마밑에 앉아 대기 할수 밖에 없는 상황이였어요 
이번주 방송이라 돌아갈수없는 상황ㅜㅜ
느낌 아시죠? 
이날 새벽 3시를 넘긴상황이였어요
사랑하는 은동아에서는 있을 수 없는 상황 이었지요 감독님 콘티가 정확하셔서 밤새는 경우가 드물거든요ㅋ
(감독님왈 시청률 2%도 안넘고 촬영 시간 12시도 못넘기니깐 12시 넘게 찍어야 시청률 오르려나 ㅋㅋ)

I just love to back track (still catching up) and read all your insights. Always illuminating. Sometimes Puzzling. Oftentimes Spot on. I love the bold and unfazed usage of some words, whether through a momentary lack of a better word or wanting to shock or simply being bare-naked in conveying a feeling ... I love it all, regardless. One phrase/words in mind is 'bang bang till death' to describe our 20s OTP and their intimacy. It seems crude and comical, yet it's aptly spot-on and the most vivid way to describe the passion of OTP's encounter in their 20s with hot-blooded obviously overflowing mutual love! So vivid I actually can't stop my already wild imagination from taking off vJzbhBO.gif. Whoever coined it here, kudos and thank you X27qFnm.gif 

Hello?  Will "bang, bang" be the MLE synonym for the "pots and pans" of SLA? Absolutlely love it.  Puts a happy grin on my face, reading or saying it!     :wub:

@mdj101 OMG... I had the same light bulb moment and created a vid to 'commemorate' it. Check it out :) 

Basic K-drama rules:  time space continium does not apply.  Peripheral vision is not possible.  So, just let the writers unbundle the confusion right at the end.  Sister doctor will do the DNA test and clear up everything.  Psycho "kitty"  , for PP ease (replace with the other word for kitty starts with a "p" like richard simmons cat, will join stalker psycho dad and husband to try to stop them.  But, she should not have told sister doctor, because she will get to the truth.  She is a justice crusader, not of the psycho variety.  

@Stellaa  My Love Eun Dong is in the least a basic K as we've been shown in the first half of 8 eps. So the K-basic rules don't apply here. They didn't in the past 8 eps. K-cliches, yes we do see them, but with a fresh and different approach each time. IMO, this is so much more. In fact, it's becoming a K-classic of the romance genre. 

Archived