[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

thank so much for the translation of episode 8@seungshinl i really appreciate ... because after the preview i just thinking of you @seungshinl  to translate the preview but my wish when im typing your name something popup the your name show.... when i click the translation of preview of episode8.... once again thank you so much for the effortless translation... hoping for the coming episode as well...:wub: love yaahhhh...:)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@seungshinl  Thanks so much for your translations!  MLE is the best kdrama I've watched, everything is perfect (so far) and when I saw the way Eun Ho was lying on the bed I had to, had to, had to post something about it since I've got no one else to talk kdramas to here!

@jadecloud MLE is so good, I've finally de-lurked :)

@mdj101  *waves* thank you for the welcome!

I have lurked on the forums for > 1 year but have finally decided to comment after livestreaming ep 7 of My Love Eun Dong  (Love you JTBC!!)

Oh....MY.......

1) did anyone else see that at his parents house, Eun Ho lies on the bed exactly the same way as Ra II??  -- He is definitely the biological dad according to Kdrama law!

2) The Preview!!!!!  I cannot wait till tomorrow!  The date, the hand holding, and the cute before the super-angst I presume is coming!!

I don't speak Korean, so I can't wait till this ep is subbed.

Thank you to you all on this thread for all the MLE goodness during the week to keep me hanging on till Friday!

*raise hand lol ..after upgrading himself to be owner of her workshop ..i suppose next might be to sponsor the son to international school ~~""~~

Esp%205.jpg

me and my friend online conversation :

Me : i think tomorrow he actually say to her not to sleep with the husband !!??? so sinfully exciting lol

Friend : it will be more sinful if he ask her to sleep with him

Me : NOOO ..how will that be sinful ...that will be love  as defined. in this drama . ( ya i know i am abit crazy .lol  ) ......it is hard to stop what the heart wants. ..then why not just go with it 

Husband may have had a "sympathetic storm", not too unheard of in a paralyzed patient.        EDIT:.... the 2 little cousins have met up in the hospital. so cute, but sad for the little boy.

I still have hope for Hubby. I don't think he knew her beloved had not just "dumped" her when she got pregnant.  Of course, now he does. So that's why he is upset.  Even if he knew she didn't love HIM..

Jeong Eun with her mom. She's asking her mom about the accident. Shows her the photo she has from the summer class place. Her mom looks at it. Shakes her head. Says she can't tell her anything, afraid she'll get hurt. Asks JE just to live life and keep on as is.

That is SO TELLING ya. And now ED is digging! YAY!

GOOD DAY ALL,

@vvpal,  Hi I came in on the second half and I did see this part of the scene that kind of p-is-s-e-d me off here we have Ed memories are returning and have a picture to recall certain things.. I had thought Ed ask her adopted mother was she really her mom but when she mention PHS I couldn't understand at that point what was the use to carry on the lie what is they so afraid of if she told the truth you can't hide facts anymore when you have pictures to prove it.. Then you have mom preaching to dad that it's not morally right and unethical but yet she still lies to the girl this is why I say she's know different from dad.. I'm wondering is she thinking she will loose Ed if she told her the truth but has it ever crossed her mind that withholding all the questions she wants answer to and feeding her lies will cause her to loose her..  

@mdj101,   Hi,  You can have hope for the husband but I don't he sees she struggling with all this and yet not coming clean with her don't spell a good person to me all he knows is to tell her not to answer his calls and since the book is finished cut all contact.. He may think what he have is his but he's been living in a pipe dream himself and it's high time he wakes up it's reality time and they all need to come clean to try to decrease some of they toxic living condition because it's not good for RA II.. I think husband will be just as desperate as adopted father and may take drastic measures to hold on to this wilted family..

I have to ask who is that's taking those photos is the crazy can't let go CEO ?      

Did anyone mention the part in the episode where the husband remembers their twenties and ED is pulling away from him.  Not sure what was said but she pulled away when he tries to back hold her and I think she was saying she liked someone else or she didn't like him that way. I'm not sure. It'll be more clear with subs.

I feel so bad for Ra'll, I think if they truly didn't know who she was seeing it would have been easy enough for them to find out (asking around the university, phone records, and someone was watching her as well). I think they decided to take advantage of the situation to suit their needs and what they wanted.

Did anyone mention the part in the episode where the husband remembers their twenties and ED is pulling away from him.  Not sure what was said but she pulled away when he tries to back hold her and I think she was saying she liked someone else or she didn't like him that way. I'm not sure. It'll be more clear with subs.

@thegoldbug,  Hey how are you ,  Now this apart I didn't see and this episode is screaming please hurry and sub so we all can fully understand this episode.. Maybe this is the reason he was in the window crying because he feels her pulling away again.. I  think at this point it may have been better to have left her and unwed mother with a child keep asking about his dad she may have gotten her memories back sooner..

Welcome to Soompi @wincee_stv,  Anytime is a good time to join in and chat but no time is better then the presence to feel free to rant and rave we all do.. That's what makes the forum all the more fun..  

I think she's rejecting him ...'Cause she was in love with Hyun Soo!!^^ And I also think that Ra Il is Hyun Soo's son *__*

In ten years of marriage Eun Dong and her husband didn't sleep together because the husband is disabled!

Eun Ho is like the perfect Male Lead character.  He is so bad-richard simmons (and happy with himself) holding Eun Dong's hand (both in his 20s and 30s!).  He goes for what he wants and what he believes in, unlike lots of other leads who are written to be annoyingly contradictory and being their own biggest obstacles to happiness just to prolong the story (not looking at your or anything Warm and Cozy Gun Woo).  Yet he is considerate of Eun Dong and is willing to wait even when it kills him every time to see her walk away from him without knowing who she is.  

And of course Joo Ji Mo is sooooooo amazing with his acting, you get so much from him even when one doesn't understand Korean!

(So now I can't stop posting once I've started!!!! ;) )

I feel so bad for Ra'll, I think if they truly didn't know who she was seeing it would have been easy enough for them to find out (asking around the university, phone records, and someone was watching her as well). I think they decided to take advantage of the situation to suit their needs and what they wanted.

@thegoldbug,  That bull adopted dad and hubby knew who she was seeing because they where being watch and like you said the phone records would have proved it.. Adopted dad did this for his benefit I bet he just thought PHS didn't have the means to support her and a kid but not knowing his parents and PHS didn't grow up being neglected of anything and I'm sure they wouldn't have allowed that to happen to they G/son or his mom knowing how much they son loved this woman.. 

I have to ask was her memory erased before the accident right Or was it after the accident this is really confusing was her memory even erased.. ?   

i think she was saying that the one she truly loved is that (other) man ..she is sorry .he isnt the man she love . (something like that )~~~~

Husband may have had a "sympathetic storm", not too unheard of in a paralyzed patient.        EDIT:.... the 2 little cousins have met up in the hospital. so cute, but sad for the little boy.

I still have hope for Hubby. I don't think he knew her beloved had not just "dumped" her when she got pregnant.  Of course, now he does. So that's why he is upset.  Even if he knew she didn't love HIM..

Jeong Eun with her mom. She's asking her mom about the accident. Shows her the photo she has from the summer class place. Her mom looks at it. Shakes her head. Says she can't tell her anything, afraid she'll get hurt. Asks JE just to live life and keep on as is.

That is SO TELLING ya. And now ED is digging! YAY!

GOOD DAY ALL,

@vvpal,  Hi I came in on the second half and I did see this part of the scene that kind of p-is-s-e-d me off here we have Ed memories are returning and have a picture to recall certain things.. I had thought Ed ask her adopted mother was she really her mom but when she mention PHS I couldn't understand at that point what was the use to carry on the lie what is they so afraid of if she told the truth you can't hide facts anymore when you have pictures to prove it.. Then you have mom preaching to dad that it's not morally right and unethical but yet she still lies to the girl this is why I say she's know different from dad.. I'm wondering is she thinking she will loose Ed if she told her the truth but has it ever crossed her mind that withholding all the questions she wants answer to and feeding her lies will cause her to loose her..  

but i think JE does get the truth somehow from the way the mother broke down ...to think that she has to comfort her .when she is the victim .she has always been the one to be the strenght that her family lean on ..from her grandmother , till now her adopted mother ..and actually she carry the burden of her current family too ..working hard .for those she cherished .but those who have lied to her as well ...and then i think it was  deliberately switched to the scene of Eun ho family ....the reunion ..and i think he is lucky indeed to have a family like them ..though the sister was away from home for so long. ..regardless of the past objection to her marriage ..i think their family still a home which treasured each other .but the mother stubbornly doesnt want to be the one to break the ice first  .it was sweet to see the father so excitedly happy at the daughter return ..rushing the wife to go home to wait for their daughter ..there must be been love in the family to produce such two children who are do devoted to their own heart ~~~~that how i see the two such different family .

@valsava ED's memory loss was actually caused by the accident. The translations were wrong when the mom said we erased her memories.  I think the person translating used the word figuratively.  She only meant they took advantage of the memory loss caused by the accident.

@lolly84 and @shirley Thank you, I guessed from the interaction it must have been something along those lines.  There's no doubt now that he knew for sure that she loved another man and that he isn't the man she loves.  I think his guilt has hindered his healing.  He knows that he committed a huge wrong toward her (her son and HS as well) but he has stubbornly clung to his swing fantasy ideal of what he wanted their relationship to be.  He needs to take the hint, you can't make someone love you.

Guest vvpal

@valsava

I think the photographer is a paparazzi but SR has a role though. I think she tipped off the media that EH is seeing a married woman. If the public knows EH's dating a married woman, and it doesn't even matter if it's ED, he's screwed. 

@lolly84 and @shirley Thank you, I guessed from the interaction it must have been something along those lines.  There's no doubt now that he knew for sure that she loved another man and that he isn't the man she loves.  I think his guilt has hindered his healing.  He knows that he committed a huge wrong toward her (her son and HS as well) but he has stubbornly clung to his swing fantasy ideal of what he wanted their relationship to be.  He needs to take the hint, you can't make someone love you.

to love is not a sin ....so everyone has their own rights to their love,  love also can be selfish ,.trying to hold on to that love  . thinking as long as they stay by their side long enough , maybe they will be loved as well ..

but .affairs of the heart doesnt work in that way ..therefore the time between Eun Dong and Hyunn Soo ( Eun Ho ) might be brief .but the love was engraved into the heart and memory .so they are blessed in the sense ..to be love by the same person they love .,..for the HS and Director Choi .it wasn''t meant to be their love to have  , the more they tried to deny this . the more hurt they will give to others and including themselves 

Ep 7 RECAP (1st Draft)

[SPOILER WARNING]

When ED is about to leave EH’s car:

EH:  Can I see you?  Could we see each other once in a while?  I would like to?

ED:  Just looks and listens.

EH:  What do you think of me?  Are you nervous?

ED:  Yes.  Please don't play with me (make fun of me)

EH:  If you don’t it’s fine.  But I need to see you, it will make things more clear (help us get memory more clear)

EH at home:

EH:  This is so hard.

At the hospital:

HA’s voice over:  It’s not a shock to the spine

JH’s mother:  Can’t get hold of her.  Is she creating a country?

ED shows up

Mother:  Where the heck have you been?

JH:  Mother

ED:  I’m sorry.  I’m really sorry.

JH:  Please don’t say you are sorry.

At Eun Dong’s store:

DG is negotiating with the shop owner.   DG is asking how much to buy the franchise.  The owner is coy.  Says she takes 19% of revenue and the franchise takes the rest.   Won’t call the price.  EH walks in.  She’s in shock starts fan-girling.  Next they are signing papers.  The owner asks why he’s buying the shop.  EH says it's for his old age security.'

EH asks how much she pays the part-timer, owner says 7000 won ($7) an hour.  He asks her to raise it to 70,000 won ($70) an hour without telling her.  Owner says that would cost more than the revenue, wasn’t this for your old age security?  EH says yes ‘it is my old age security.’

Owner asks if she can work as a part-timer.  DG drags her out of there and she asks for a sign (autograph) and DG says the sign is on the contract (ha ha - comic relief).

In the van between Eun Ho and Dong Gyu:

DG:  I read the book.  I understand you now.  I will help you.  I see that you could never forget her.  It’s like you are 17, I think that’s why I like you hyung.

DG says she has a nice body.  EH asks how do you know that?  DG says I’ve seen her so many times.  Then EH says ‘don’t look at her body again.’ (ha ha)

Flashback (back hugging ED by JH):

ED:  There is someone else I love.  I don’t love you.

JH:  I got scouted by LA (team)

EH’s Drama in the drama ‘I have a lover’

HB calls EH to say the response to the show is total daebak.  The rating is at 16.8%  EH tells him he is not interested and he doesn’t feel like talking to him right now.

We see ED (with her friend), KO and EH watching the drama.  

EH texts ED.  Did you watch the drama?  Please text me back or else I will call you.

ED texts back ‘yes I did’ 

EH: was it good or was it bad?

ED:  it was good

EH:  ED would have liked it.  She always supported what I did.  My biggest cheerleader.

ED texts back:  I am sure she would have liked it.  Like she used to.  She may miss you more now.  Please wait a little, a little longer.  

At the golf course

KO:  what should I do when the golf ball goes totally wayward, how do I get it back?  After HB says something she says I can’t tell you how EH gets me crazy from toe to head, boils my blood etc. etc.  You wouldn’t know unless you loved like this.  Then she says it’s a misfortune for EH to be caught in my snare.  It’s misfortune for you (HB) too since you hear me say this (paraphrasing - we are supposed to be scared of her by this.)

At EH’s parents greenhouse (an hour away from their home)

EH is buying them a second house near the greenhouse.  Father says they don’t really need one when it’s only an hour away.  He’s already filled their bank accounts with money.  

Father says, he’s read the book and hopes EH finds ED.  He didn’t know his son as well until he read the book. 

Then he tells his mother for the first time, when he was in Grade 10 (first year high school) he used to smoke but one day the father saw a pack of cigarettes in the trash bin.  That’s the day he met Eun Dong.  Years later EH was a slob until one days he was dressing with the crease perfectly ironed, that’s the day EH re-met ED.  

Father wonders why they broke up and not together anymore.  He hopes they will re-meet again soon and tells his wife to pray to all her Gods for their reunion.

Mom says EH is bringing HA and the grand-daughter.  Father rushes them back to the house to get ready.

At the hospital

JH asks if he would be difficult to become a man.  The doctor (EH’s sister) tells him no because he is already a man.  She says something like you can still have fully relationship with your mind.  He speaks about it some more (spiritual connection that brings the bodies together).

JH asks if she should have become a psychiatrist instead.

At Ko’s office

She finds out EH’s sister is ED’s husband’s doctor.  She says 'what the !@#$ is with this fate between all these people' (I paraphrased here).

ED visits her mom at her house

ED thanks her mom for giving birth to her and raising her.  Please tell me the truth about what happened before my accident.  I will accept it no matter what it is.  

Mother says she can’t because it will hurt her too much and she doesn’t want that to happen.

ED says she’s already hurt because she’s living as someone else who’s a stranger to her.

Mom says let’s continue to live like this.  You were not all that happy before the accident.

ED says I loved someone else.  Someone who is not Ra il’s father.

Mom tells her she did not love someone other than Ra il.

ED says I see you don’t want to say.  Then asks is it really the case that you gave birth to me?

Mom says I am sorry I wronged.  

ED says you don’t want to say.  Then she asks ‘did I love Ji Eun Ho?’  ‘Did I love Park Hyun Soo?’

Mom says for sure not.  ED thanks her for 'telling her the truth/ (I think she means the mother told her everything by the way she looked though not by what she said).

Eun Ho in his car with his sister and niece

They have a nice family reunion.  Father says he cried every April 9th, HA’s birthday. Mother wonders who looked after HA in her post-partum care.  HA tells them EH hired someone to look after her.  Mom says he should have brought her home sooner.

Eun Dong’s flashback (ED is playing his audio again)

EH’s recording.  He is worried about her hurting riding a bike probably because he hurt her on his motorbike.  He wonders if she is not in touch with him because she’s been injured and if so, is anyone looking after her.  

Then ED flashes back to the car ride when EH said he would like to see her and meet with her from time to time.

In EH’s parents house

EH has his legs up (like Ra il did).  HA asks if he’s thinking about ED and wonders where she is and what she is doing.  

EH asks HA if a person suffering from memory loss could s/he be helped by looking at old photos and things like that.  She says it depends if it’s clinical or mental damage.  He says it’s from an auto accident.  Then she says it’s a brain (clinical) damage.  

HA finds out EH has met up with ED.  EH tells he re-met Eun Dong but she doesn’t know him or remembers him, it’s his ghostwriter.  HA finds it 'goosebumpy'

ED says it’s like God is playing with our lives.

HA asks 'she was writing the book and didn’t know it was her story?'  Then asks if she is alone.

EH says she is married with a child.  He says he should be the one with a memory loss.  What do I do now?  I think I am going crazy.  

ED is in the park (JH imagines being there with her.  He asks her to come home and she suggests they go for a drink since RI is not home).

Eun Dong at the university

ED asks for student records.  She doesn’t have a student ID name but tells her she’s lost her memory but thinks she might have gone to school there.  The lady asks her for her national registration # (every Korean national has this).  The record shows Seo Jung Eun entered the school on March 4th 2002 and stopped after the 1st semester of 4th year in 2005 (so she didn’t finish school).

ED is shocked and asks to confirm it’s under the right name and registration #.

Lots of flashback from ED.  Her memories are coming back.

Preview (previously posted)

@valsava ED's memory loss was actually caused by the accident. The translations were wrong when the mom said we erased her memories.  I think the person translating used the word figuratively.  She only meant they took advantage of the memory loss caused by the accident.

That's right.  Technically Eun Dong's memory was not erased.  She is suffering from a memory loss from the accident or from post traumatic effect of the accident.  This means her memory is there deep inside (not erased) and it can come back when triggered.

Archived