[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping that she won't have to stay stuck in that marriage because of the child that would be just to cruel to the both of them..   

@valsava I agree. That would be too cruel. For both Eun Dong and Eun Ho. Esp for the child, even if he seems to love 'dad' Jae Ho now.

However, I think I feel, from the character traits of Eun Dong and Eun Ho, they will not just sit and accept what's doled out to them. Unjust and Inhumane.

We know Eun Ho to be a go-getter, and patient where Eun Dong is concerned. Now that he has found Eun Dong, there is no way he'll sit down and leave her in her current state of despair and dependency. When Eun Ho finds out Jae Ho and her adoptive dad have cooked up this sham, I don't know if anyone or anything can contain Eun Ho's rage at that point. The rage will definitely hit the roof when Ra Il's birth right is known. 

I'd be really curious to see what Eun Ho will do. Confrontation with fist fight? Legal fight? Public Opinion Fight? All of them, and openly? Or would it be subtlely sleuthing for a solution/resolution? Better yet, once Eun Dong's memories are recovered, work with her together?

Also, now that we know Eun Dong has her temper too, and is also bold enough to pursue the truth and regain her lost memories, and bold enough to express her heartfelt emotions, there is little chance that she'll stay with Jae Ho once the truth is known. And having grown up, she should no longer be as afraid of adoptive dad as she was during her younger years.

The anticipation in how everything will unfold is ... argghh. Friday come now :angry:

@jadecloud, I also don't think the two will just sit and accept what was done to them at this point I'm starting to wonder if the little boy is adopted and was purposely done to keep her pinned in that marriage.. I don't know if Eh will allow this situation to go public it could be really embarrassing.. I like to think there some criminal charges that could be filed against the adopted father for doing such a thing since he was the only one that benefited from it and she still living a life of slavery public opinion will certainly sympathize with our fated lovers and may have the state taking a close look at the adopted parents finances before placing a child.. At this point I think they adopted her because of they later years wanting her to pay them back as if she owes them for keeping her out of and orphanage.. SMH

ED will most likely leave this marriage even if she don't get back with EH they have rob her of enough of her life and how can she stay married to a man that deceived her all these years he just as guilty as her adopted dad at this point none of them can get any sympathy because all that knew what was done are all criminals in my book so I just wait and see what happens but if EH hits the roof he has every right to and especially if that little boy is his I think the adopted dad better go and hide because EH will be subject to kill him and he will take legal action against these horrible monsters.  Erased ED memories and hide his child from him and pass him off as another mans child all so you could live a better life is just down right despicable..                

June 15, 2015 1:00 PM

@jei_em :...  Thank You for that fabulous video  with  triple-language "subs" of lyrics !  &   Many Thanks to the Video Creator!  Such a beautiful, soulful song.  EDIT:..."I See You, I Hear You", artist Han Hee Jun --- aka " OST  Part 3."

*********************************************

The Music is becoming a big, big piece of this drama!  I looked up the singer online.  Very interesting and brings together, at least in my mind, the "English songs/ Korean songs" connection.  I named the MV (see above) since it was the first posted by @jei_em on p.119 and  the second MV posted,  "My Heart Is That Way" aka "OST Part 1",  is at the bottom of p.119.  I get confused so easily here (and elsewhere, too).  

It's now 6:00 PM and I've not progressed beyond this point --- but it's so much fun!

ADDED INFO. R/T singer HAN HEE JUN .......  OK to Skip    ;)

[content deleted for space]

Good Night to All.   B) 

Awesome post @mdj101 !

Hi everyone! This is my first post in MLE. "Please take care of me." :P

The preview ending really hits me when ED admitted she likes EH. 

EH44bzp.jpg

From her eyes, you can tell that she is sure and firm about her feelings towards EH. She is not denying and trying to find excuses anymore. 

In ep5-6, she was so confused and tried to convince herself that those memories of ED and EH are her illusions. But now, she is finally following her heart. 

OMG! This drama is getting better and better!! Really impressed with JJM and KSR acting <3 

Can't wait till Friday!

Reporting in to join my old friends @seungshinl, @mdj101 and @shamrockmom from "secret Love Affair." I need to read a lot to catch up but you know I am a sucker for romances in which the male lead is a fool in love in every way. I had my eyes on this drama for a while but I was waiting for my high school daughter to finish final exams. That first episode had me crying (I am an older man) and I was touched by their fate. The first two episodes of "Angel Eyes" had the same effect on me and the young actors did wonderful jobs. I can tell I can learn a lot from all the posts here. Thank you so much.

Reporting in to join my old friends @seungshinl, @mdj101 and @shamrockmom from "secret Love Affair." I need to read a lot to catch up but you know I am a sucker for romances in which the male lead is a fool in love in every way. I had my eyes on this drama for a while but I was waiting for my high school daughter to finish final exams. That first episode had me crying (I am an older man) and I was touched by their fate. The first two episodes of "Angel Eyes" had the same effect on me and the young actors did wonderful jobs. I can tell I can learn a lot from all the posts here. Thank you so much.

OMGawwwwwd @docster6 where have you been and what took you so long !

I've been hoping we will run into each somewhere outside of our beloved Secret Love Affair.  I remember you talking about Miss Korea ?  Finally watched that it was really good.  So looking forward to your input on this great 'romantic male lead of all time' drama !!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! This is my first post in MLE. "Please take care of me." :P

The preview ending really hits me when ED admitted she likes EH. 

[image deleted]

From her eyes, you can tell that she is sure and firm about her feelings towards EH. She is not denying and trying to find excuses anymore. 

In ep5-6, she was so confused and tried to convince herself that those memories of ED and EH are her illusions. But now, she is finally following her heart. 

OMG! This drama is getting better and better!! Really impressed with JJM and KSR acting <3 

Can't wait till Friday!

I agree with you.  I am dying to know who she is talking to.  Is she telling this to Jae Ho or her mother?

June 15,  approx. 1:00 AM

@shirley:.... I rushed to that link and found my  "Google Translate" button,  and started rapidly reading over the page... befor I came back to this post to say  "Thank You so much!"

But such a sad ending to Asako's story!    But the romantic, heartbreaking theme of that story of a fateful love does account for the dreamy, far away expression on the love-struck,, adolescent, 17 year old's face, doesn't it?     ^_^

some encounters are meant to last eternity and  are just passing moments that linger in the memories with the what if  .

Eun Ho 's words ..." their time together is always so short yet were separated for such a long .period of time .but if they could met late and shine shine bright for a long time . " I will also want to have faith in that too .their final encounter will last longer than life itself . :)

there is also the movie reference of love that were separated yet meet again by destiny ...the young Hyun Soo tearing at the final scene of "Almost A Love Story (it also happen to be the movie 20th anniversary too ^^) .

.ah ..that boy who have said he doesn't cried at sad movies nor at anyone death before ...but when he met this young eun ho .he started to shed tears ..the age of innocence when the heart is touched by another person ^^

www.117hm.com01720p.rmvb_003027490.jpg

but then there is also Notebook .( I didn't really tear up at the young passionate love but it was the ending that make me cried bucket ) .

in that move .how she has written in the notebook to say "Read this to me .and I will come back to you ".so there..you go ..his book my love eun ho ..to call her back to him ..just like a love letter I thought ..

Such irony isn't it ...when I think about it .. an accident let them meet .but another accident tore them apart ...ten years of searching  ..and another ten years of waiting

their first encounter  .i find it too early to call it love ...they were still so young.but is a special bond between them ..i guess especially to him ..when he is older and that this little gal started to influence his mind and heart

feeling sadness he haven't experience before .and ..caring for that little kiddo with all his means ...and i like the little eun dong ...she seem so tiny and gentle but beneath her is a strong girl who live life with kind heart  

ED%20esp%201.jpg

And when they met again ..it was as  woman and man ...young and passionate love ...

he was still the same ..or perhaps even more crazier about her ...but she ....strangely there seem to be so much she didn't tell him

even her new name ....the 22 year old Eun Ho ..has so much hidden about her ..that i find it curious and wish that there will be time to know her side of the story

it has always been from hyun soo's view ..of what happen  ...i will really want to hear  her story .

one thing for certain ..i know she does love him ....calling his name even at the last moment .but he didn't even know that the day of accident was the same when she disappeared

he never left that place where she say she will return ....for ten years .he just waited ..

my mind will wonder ...    .the thousands of reason that have cross his mind ?~?~..because i will have gone insane of the possibilities .

and of course .my curious mind have imagine their third encounter how it will be .like ...so i naturally assumed it will rain .:) but i didn't really expect this .

the man with trembling heart ..and tears .that explode ...and that he held himself back ..

how many times he have watched that fading back of hers ..and yearning to see her and hold her .,.and now .finally the moment arrived and he still have to watch her walk away ~!

my heart ached .for his tears and how he force himself not to take that step towards her ..and that scream of Eun Dong...

My.Love.Eun.Dong.E06.jpg.

and ..then how he wept and worried about how she has lived ..that difficult life she has been through ..without him knowing all these years

if she eat well...if she still fail from her bicycle ...just like that first time when she was gone ..that young hyun soo .in tears .and screaming for her to live well and not be sick

it make me teared up the scene was so emotional .watching him lose control over his tears like that .asking and wondering about how she has been .

this man tears has always been for this woman .....

My.Love.Eun.Dong.E06.1.jpg

with everyone saying it is wrong with her married and with kid .but he cant stop himself from thinking ...

he has found her yet cant go near her ...and that is the torture part ..

but infront of her ...he has to be the actor eun ho . .and not the man hyun soo

though i think the way he looked at her ..that acting might soon be unable to conceal .

her heart and body should remember .even if her mind haven't yet .as it is ..she is tearing whenever he tell their story .

My.Love.Eun.Dong.E06.150613.HDTV.H264.54

Little Ra Il - The Elephant In The Room?

Aish...my heart breaks for him already :tears:

While most of our angst falls on Eun Ho and Eun Dong's fateful reunion, and our anger on antagonists Jae Ho, Seo Ryeong and adoptive dad Seo, it seems like the elephant in the room, is little Ra II who may well turn out to be the biggest victim of all - he has been brought up for the past decade by a 'dad' who is a liar and a con, whom he has grown to love. The more Ra Il's love for Jae Ho is, the more hurt and pain he will suffer ...

... when it is revealed that his bio dad is Eun Ho and not Jae Ho, imagine the confusion and pain he will feel?

... worse, when it is also revealed that the dad(JH) he thought is his dad, turns out to be the liar who schemed with grand-parents to deprive him of his real dad(EH), to deceive his mom(ED) and to have robbed bio dad(EH) of happiness with a wife he loves, and a family he didn't know he has.

... while it may turn out well for Ra Il to have a TOP STAR dad, which may make him popular in the school where he seems to be an outcast, will that suffice for Ra Il? 

What's a good resolution? I can't see any. Ottoke? :tears:

Hidden Content

oh i have been watching the kid lol hoping to find any same habits to the father i wish he belong to ..he does have an habit of bending his leg when he sleep

but to be honest , he has quite strong resemblance to Jae Ho so that has been scary ...

Ra II appear to be a sensitive child.and . frankly ...he is the most innocent party in all these ..and Jae Ho has been a good father to him so ..

ya there is no good resolution for this .unless ..( that something happen to Jae Ho ..that will not be a good option actually --;;  )  

sigh if only he is just a baby it will be easier ..at this age of 10 ..kids already understand things .. 

@greenwood96 :... Welcome!    :)  The drama is so interesting and the actors are doing such great jobs bringing the characters to life.  And this forum  makes it even more enjoyable.

@docster6:   So glad to see you again.  I've wondered how things were going and I remember how busy you and your family were. Just thought about you again yesterday.    :D   And I loved MISS KOREA, too. A happy, fun, romantic comedy!

@shirley:.... You really have a good eye for details (p.122).  I didn't recall Eun Ho's reaction to the characters' separations being that "maybe they could meet late and shine more brightly" (paraphrased). I missed the Movie reference, too.

Do you write Fan Fiction?  Your REPLY here (p.199) certainly sounds like a rough draft or an outline for a piece of very interesting Fan Fiction!  

It is so nice to see so many new friends here!  Wave wave! :) 

I have a question for you. If you were Eun-Dong and you discovered that your husband has been feeding your lies about your marriage.  What would you do?   Just curious :)!  Thank you for your insights in advance. 

I've been stalking https://instagram.com/explore/tags/사랑하는은동아/ and it's definitely more telling of K-viewers' take on the drama than on twitter or from the actors' fans. The audience is mostly adult females and there are some pics of their significant other watching too. I think the appeal is in the execution; old school yet fresh plus the writing, directing and acting are top notch. The issue with current Kdramas is they are trendy; some are good for current viewing but not for re-watching and some are forgettable. I feel like MLE has the making of a classic, though I might be wrong.

I found this review. I hope a generous soul would kindly translate. My Korean skill is sadly lacking :|

[instgram deleted]

Oh! Someone said MLE is cliché. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I have to scoff at this one. By all means, please tell me how it's going to end.

@seungshinl I wanted to reply to you the other day but the quote thing was iffy and I'm too much of a perfectionist to let it be so I didn't post it at all XD I love your input though!

Translation of the text in the IG:

"Even when you are missing them you may only see them once and miss them your whole life, and then again some do meet up again and live together."

While watching 'My Love Eun Dong' I paused when I heard this great quote.  It's from 'In Yeon (Fate/Connection)" by Pee Chun Deuk.  Eun Dong comes into Hyun Soo's life and in meeting her, Hyun Soo decides to live a just life.  Because of her he stops skipping classes and starts listening.  In the Language class, Hyun Soo's eyes shine when he hears the teacher reading Pee Chun Deuk's 'In Yeon.' He smiles while he chews on the word 'In Yeon' outward.  

I believe I had the same reaction as Hyun Soo when I heard the quote the first time, without knowing the weight of the meaning of it, 'then again, sometime they meet up and live together.'

At any rate...something I felt this time, even though I like the quote very much I never bothered to find it and read it.  This time, I will buy it and read it properly.

My thoughts on 'My Love Eun Dong'

1. The cute little guy from 'When a Man Loves' morphed into a handsome high schooler Hyun Soo.  He did a great job expressing the beginning of a 20 year 'Eun Dong illness' a pure love of destiny.  A rediscovery of Jr.

2. I really like the design and planning of this drama.  A combination of Great Gastby and Pee Chun Deuk's 'In Yeon (Fate)'.  kkk

4.  The lead character is a Korea's Top Star who achieves fame and fortune for the sole purpose of finding his first love Eun Dong, 'we met for such a short time and separated for too long a time.'

4. Joo Jin Mo's Park Hyun Soo/Ji Eun Ho draws me in.  His monologue throughout right on target to my taste. 

5. Young Hyun Soo and Eun Dong's meeting in Choon Chun in 1995 it's a pure love between the two I will remember.

6.  Kim Love (Sarang) Unni, you are as beautiful as ever.

7. Who would have thought the 'bad fate' friend Hyun Bal will be a close friend.  It didn't seem like it was a fleeting 'visual' but still.  he he.  It is drama but you never know what happens with people you meet.

#북스타그램 #책스타그램 #피천득 #인연#드스타그램 #드라마 #JTBC #사랑하는은동아 #주니어 #주진모 #김사랑 #리뷰

PS:  I believe this is the first time I've ever translated an IG message, by someone I don't even know.  But I liked the content I think.  It's similar to the previous post by @jadecloud and very Secret Love Affair-esq in its inclusion of quotes from a book into the narrative of the drama.   I was already drawn by that scene with Hyun Soo and that quote and this sheds a totally new delightful light onto it all.  

Wow, many new folks out there. A warm welcome to all of you! Enjoyed reading all your insights and speculations and @seungshinl for all your translations! 

For me, I'm digging the fact that the drama is dangerously gravitating around the makjang same for the k-drama cliches but thanks to Baek Min-kyung's law of physics it never touched it. Hah. I don't know how she managed to do it, it makes the drama even more interesting.

As for Kim Sa-rand and Joo Jin-mo, that's one hell of explosive chemistry we have there. They were just talking in the restaurant and their eyes... They were sparkling. Can't wait for Friday.

That said as a reminder to everyone, in order to make enjoyable the reading, please refrain from multiply quoting, prefer mentionning people or if you wan't to answer that particular phrase or comment, please delete the non-related content. Also, pictures/ gif/ videos in the quote has to always be deleted. Thank you advance for your cooperation. (Soompi Rules)

Little Ra Il - The Elephant In The Room?

Aish...my heart breaks for him already :tears:

While most of our angst falls on Eun Ho and Eun Dong's fateful reunion, and our anger on antagonists Jae Ho, Seo Ryeong and adoptive dad Seo, it seems like the elephant in the room, is little Ra II who may well turn out to be the biggest victim of all - he has been brought up for the past decade by a 'dad' who is a liar and a con, whom he has grown to love. The more Ra Il's love for Jae Ho is, the more hurt and pain he will suffer ...

... when it is revealed that his bio dad is Eun Ho and not Jae Ho, imagine the confusion and pain he will feel?

... worse, when it is also revealed that the dad(JH) he thought is his dad, turns out to be the liar who schemed with grand-parents to deprive him of his real dad(EH), to deceive his mom(ED) and to have robbed bio dad(EH) of happiness with a wife he loves, and a family he didn't know he has.

... while it may turn out well for Ra Il to have a TOP STAR dad, which may make him popular in the school where he seems to be an outcast, will that suffice for Ra Il? 

What's a good resolution? I can't see any. Ottoke? :tears:

Hidden Content

oh i have been watching the kid lol hoping to find any same habits to the father i wish he belong to ..he does have an habit of bending his leg when he sleep

but to be honest , he has quite strong resemblance to Jae Ho so that has been scary ...

Ra II appear to be a sensitive child.and . frankly ...he is the most innocent party in all these ..and Jae Ho has been a good father to him so ..

ya there is no good resolution for this .unless ..( that something happen to Jae Ho ..that will not be a good option actually --;;  )  

sigh if only he is just a baby it will be easier ..at this age of 10 ..kids already understand things .. 

@lucy13880,   Thanks for the preview video

@shirley,   I don't feel the closeness between RA ll and his supposed to be father.. It's no easy solution to this but ED will have to weigh things from his side of things maybe she would take the child and live alone allowing the so called father visitation rights and also rights to the known father.. In order to make things work they would need to build a relationship before they could become a family or the little bot may grow into hating his father without never fully understanding what happen..  ED adopted father never fully consider how many lives would be effecting by what he did and he still thinks he's right that environment is so toxic and a hazard to ED, JH and the little boy..  Jh should know by now it's time to let go because this is not good for all parties concerned..

Well ED has got some or most of her memory back and she's not looking to happy about the outcome of her life.. I can barley wait for friday episode..          

@Quercusl:

Not an easy question to answer.  A Major Stressful Situation  !!! :o !!!    First, shock, then disbelief,  then verify  using many reliable sources.  When would I ask him directly?  How to respond  without immediately judging  and not arguing about the answers he gives. 

I'm "brainstorming"  now.  Just as I would hope I would do if that  actually occurred.  I would need time to calm down. Time to begin to manage the stress.  Time to start thinking and acting rationally once more. 

NOTE:... Personally, if MY husband was feeding me lies about our marriage, my immediate response  would be very violent physical and emotional  reactions. The classic "fight or flight" primitive, visceral  autonomic survival behaviors  preparing me to save my life.  Not that I would be thinking of that in that moment., it is a natural response, I think.  

Ask first? or Investigate first?    Depends a lot on how I found out he was lying.  Slowly accumulating suspicious behaviors? or a sudden revelation?

What a great question you have asked!

In this drama, I am already suspicious of Husband Choi    No sudden revelations made thus far.  I wold try to decide what I want most from the relationship. Figure out if anything should be salvaged.

Married 10 years to a gentle, affectionate, considerate and well respected husband who is a loving and involved father to their son,  I am looking to cut him as much slack as possible,  before pass final judgement on him.  I need incontrovertible evidence of either  GUILT  or INNOCENCE.    :o   COMPLICATED, ISN?T IT? 

Lives will be horribly affected when the facts are revealed.  How are the facts going to be related to the truth.

OK!   I GIVE UP NOW.    What would you do?

@Quercusl:

Not an easy question to answer.  A Major Stressful Situation  !!! :o !!!    First, shock, then disbelief,  then verify  using many reliable sources.  When would I ask him directly?  How to respond  without immediately judging  and not arguing about the answers he gives. 

I'm "brainstorming"  now.  Just as I would hope I would do if that  actually occurred.  I would need time to calm down. Time to begin to manage the stress.  Time to start thinking and acting rationally once more. 

NOTE:... Personally, if MY husband was feeding me lies about our marriage, my immediate response  would be very violent physical and emotional  reactions. The classic "fight or flight" primitive, visceral  autonomic survival behaviors  preparing me to save my life.  Not that I would be thinking of that in that moment., it is a natural response, I think.  

Ask first? or Investigate first?    Depends a lot on how I found out he was lying.  Slowly accumulating suspicious behaviors? or a sudden revelation?

What a great question you have asked!

In this drama, I am already suspicious of Husband Choi    No sudden revelations made thus far.  I wold try to decide what I want most from the relationship. Figure out if anything should be salvaged.

Married 10 years to a gentle, affectionate, considerate and well respected husband who is a loving and involved father to their son,  I am looking to cut him as much slack as possible,  before pass final judgement on him.  I need incontrovertible evidence of either  GUILT  or INNOCENCE.    :o   COMPLICATED, ISN?T IT? 

Lives will be horribly affected when the facts are revealed.  How are the facts going to be related to the truth.

OK!   I GIVE UP NOW.    What would you do?

@mdj101,  Go to a mountain and scream who am I.. But would like some alone time for me just to put things in order from what she remembers.. And a good place to start collecting her memories are at school hopefully evil dad hasn't talk to the staff and feed them a bunch of lies to tell her..    

@valsava:...

I found your answer to be very calming by reason of its BREVITY alone!    I see that my reaction is far from composed.  More like running around madly in circles, but looking calm on the outside.  

May I come over to your place for a few days, until I work  it  all out?

Archived