Director: Shin Won-Ho
Writer: Lee Woo-Jung
Network: tvN
Episodes: 
Release Date: second half 2015
Runtime: Tuesdays. 23:00
Language: Korean

PLOT

Set in the year 1988 at a neighborhood in Seoul, South Korea. Five families live on the same alley road.

CAST

Reply 1988-Hyeri.jpg Reply 1988-Ryoo Joon-Yeol.jpg Reply 1988-Ko Gyung-Pyo.jpg Reply 1988-Park Bo-Gum.jpg Reply 1988-Lee Dong-Hwi.jpg
Hyeri Ryoo Joon-Yeol Ko Gyung-Pyo Park Bo-Gum Lee Dong-Hwi
Duk-Sun Jung-Hwan Sun-Woo Taek Dong-Ryong

Reply 1988-Sung Dong-Il.jpg Reply 1988-Lee Il-Hwa.jpg Reply 1988-Ryoo Hye-Young.jpg Choi Sung-Won Reply 1988-Kim Sung-Kyun.jpg
Sung Dong-Il Lee Il-Hwa Ryoo Hye-Young Choi Sung-Won Kim Sung-Kyun
Sung Dong-Il Lee Il-Hwa Sung Bo-Ra Sung No-Eul Kim Sung-Kyun

Reply 1988-Ra Mi-Ran.jpg Reply 1988-Ahn Jae-Hong.jpg Kim Sun-Young Reply 1988-Yoo Jae-Myung.jpg Reply 1988-Choi Moo-Sung.jpg
Ra Mi-Ran Ahn Jae-Hong Kim Sun-Young Yoo Jae-Myung Choi Moo-Sung
Ra Mi-Ran Kim Jung-Bong Kim Sun-Young Yoo Jae-Myung Ko Gil-Dong

Additional Cast Members:

NOTES
  1. "Reply 1988" takes over the tvN Fri & Sat 19:50 time slot previously occupied by "Second Time Twenty Years Old” and will be followed by "Signal" January, 2016.
  2. Premise for the drama series is inspired by MBC drama series "Three Families Under One Roof” ("Hanjiboong Segajok") which aired from November 9, 1986 through November 13 1994.
  3. First script reading took place in the afternoon on July 8, 2015 at CJ E&M CENTER in Sangamdong, Seoul.
  4. Filming began July 31, 2015 at a drama set in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. 
  5. Story and characters are not related to prior series.
  6. Related titles:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs!
Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Last Updated: 11:27 PM KST | march 17 2015
Date thread started: May 15 2015 2:40 KST | 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answer Me series to go back to 1988 this summer?

by girlfriday | January 12, 2015

The third series from the creators of tvN’s hit throwback dramas Answer Me 1997 andAnswer Me 1994 has pretty much been in the works since the the end of 2013 (whenAnswer Me 1994 wrapped). Pre-production stalled for a considerable length of time this past year, but now with Misaeng in the rearview mirror, tvN seems more eager than ever to get PD Shin Won-ho and writer Lee Woo-jung locked down for their as-yet-unnamed drama (aka the cable network’s next big hit). The wheels are back in motion for what will likely be a July premiere — the question now is what exactly that drama will be.

It probably goes without saying that the anticipation for this team’s third collaboration is high, which leads to lots of speculation in the press and lots of backpedaling from Shin PD every time one of these rumors surfaces about the direction of his next drama. The latest wave is pretty specifically about Answer Me 1988, which seems to be a strong contender for the third installment of the franchise, though producers were quick to say that it’s just one of many possibilities, and that the next drama might not even be anotherAnswer Me series.

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/01/answer-me-series-to-go-back-to-1988-this-summer/

Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa Confirmed to Reunite for “Reply 1988″

Sung-Dong-Il-and-Lee-Il-Hwa-800x450.png

The phenomenal “Reply” series is finally returning this year with another season!

A representative of tvN revealed on March 17, “We are planning to air ‘Reply 1988‘ sometime in the second half of the year. The exact broadcast period has not been decided yet.” The production team is currently working on the script for the drama.

Earlier today, producer Shin Won Ho shared that “Reply 1988″ will be a family drama set in the year 1988. Slightly stepping away from the original format, the director hopes to focus on the heart-warming stories of diverse families, and plans to take inspiration from the MBC drama “Three Families Under a Roof,” which enjoyed huge popularity in the 80s.

While the casting is still ongoing, Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa have already been cast for the drama. This will mark their third time to act together as a married couple in another season of the “Reply” series.

Meanwhile, producer Shin Won Ho and scriptwriter Lee Yoo Jung are the creators of hit series “Reply 1997” and “Reply 1994,” which can be accounted for the breakthroughs of talented actors like Seo In GukA Pink‘s Jung Eun Ji,Go Ara, and Jung Woo.

Soompi

EXO's Chen and Infinite's Woohyun are rumored to be casted in this drama. If EXO's Chen in I'm in.

I've watched Reply 1997 and in the middle of watching Reply 1994. I hope this one will be even better.
It's interesting to see Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa being parents again in this one after 1997 and 1994 one :P

Guest Mai AnL

Don't care about who will be main actors & actresses.

I'm here because of Shin PD and Lee Woo-Jung nim. But I think the 3rd looking the husband game would feel like a heart attack. Woo Jung nim, please don't play with our hearts again  [-O<

Kinda excited and scared for the 3rd installment of answer me.... but i will trust shin pd and writer lee...

And welcome you guysss...

That's exactly what I feel towards the 3rd installment. I know it can be awesome and probably will be to at least some extent, but certain things in Answer Me 1994 left me extremely frustrated. It's a bit like Stockholm Syndrome, I know that watching it will probably be infuriating, but there is no way I'll be able to stay away.

EXO's Chen and Infinite's Woohyun are rumored to be casted in this dramaIf EXO's Chen in I'm in.

I've watched Reply 1997 and in the middle of watching Reply 1994. I hope this one will be even better.
It's interesting to see Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa being parents again in this one after 1997 and 1994 one :P

That guy from Hi School - Love On? He can't act to save a country. I hope it is just a rumour.

That's exactly what I feel about the 3rd installment. I know it can be awesome and probably will be to at least some extend, but certain things in Answer Me 1994 left me extremely frustrated. It's a bit like Stockholm Syndrome, I know that watching it will probably be infuriating, but there is no way I'll be able to stay away.

Hahaha... stockholm syndrome. Good one. But i think i am a willing victim from the start. Previously (before reply1994 started) The moment shin pd and writer lee made announcement i knew i was locked for it.

and now for this 3rd, i am way anxious and scared and excited after reply 1994 heartache and heart tugs, but its shin pd and writer lee, so YUP, IM IN!.

However frustrating the drama went(had me drink soju out of frustration and call my bestfriend at an unholy hour to complain and air out my frustration.), it gave as much heart and love and story as they can give that is why you go deep into the story, deep in a sense that it feels like their triumpts, falling in love, heartache and anxiousness becomes your own. A story that trully is unforgeattable. Reply 1994 i mean

additionally i love that they showcase raw and hidden gems of talent. i so thank this duo for bringing to my attention oppaya... hahaha still obsessed with him.

So yeah... whatever they give. I'll take it. even if i go in blind, i will follow shin pd and writer lee...

Yay! I've been waiting for this duo and the franchise to come back. No matter what, their shows are addicting and have interesting casts (and provide interesting experiences as a watcher haha R97 with the subs debacle, and R94 with the über famous shipwars).

I see familiar faces around the thread, so looking forward to another dose of reply (please no overbloated duration for the episodes. both installments were exhausting because of filler by the final episodes).

PS: how confirmed is the timeslot? Are they changing it from fri to tue?

That guy from Hi School - Love On? He can't act to save a country. I hope it is just a rumour.

Hahaha. So true. I super love woohyun in highschool love on but he really cant act now. the only thing that somehow saved him from complete and utter destruction was KSR who acted for him and acted with great chemiatry with him. He needs a lot of lessons.. a lot!

Dont really know the other guy. Too many members of exo to really keep track of. i do wonder if they are gonna go with younger cast...? I was hoping they would showcase characters who are out of school. More like just recently out of school.

hope they have a character like chilbong.... 

if they go with 1988. I guess there is gonna be an episode titled andwer me 1994 and then answer 1997. And our fave cast From previous installment will cameo. Definitely looking forward to this.

‘Reply 1988′ to premiere in October

58434-309315-540x656.jpgReply 1994

The popular ‘Reply’ series is set to make its return for a third time this October, with tvN announcing today that they will move the setting even further back to 1988 for ‘Reply 1988,’ and it will focus on heartwarming stories of diverse families.

Producer Shin Won Ho of the two previous series will return once again for ‘Reply 1988′ as he said, “We decided on the year 1988, and tell the stories of diverse families from a heartwarming perspective. I hope that it will be filled with a heartwarming atmosphere like the television drama ‘Three Families Under a Roof.’ We previously used heartwarming and family story lines in the earlier series, and it will more or less adhere to the same format.”

Shin PD also said, “It’s the third series, so I do feel the pressure as the producer. I hope to present something different from the previous, so I had held discussions with the writers, and made many modifications. I however can’t reveal what had been discussed as of now.”

The confirmation of ‘Reply 1988′ was also accompanied by news that Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa will return for the third time as well, and will continue to play a married couple and the parents of the lead characters.

By: Alvin

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Answer Me franchise returns this fall with same parents, new year

by girlfriday | March 17, 2015 

SungDongIl_LeeIlHwa1.jpg

After the longest development tease ever, PD Shin Won-ho and writer Lee Woo-jung of the Answer Me franchise (that’d be Answer Me 1997 and Answer Me 1994) have finally announced that the team will definitely be returning with a new installment of the stand-alone spinoff series this year, and as previously teased, this time we’ll be heading a little farther back in time with Answer Me 1988. More importantly, some key story changes are also in store.

First of all, parents Lee Il-hwa and Sung Dong-il will be returning for their THIRD run as Mom and Dad. I don’t know how many bizarro moms and dads you can create in the same dramaverse without making the world implode on you, but they sure are testing the limits. It already weirded me out when they had Jung Eun-ji’s dad meet Go Ara’s dad inAnswer Me 1994; now they want a third Sung Dong-il running amok? Granted, I love love love these guys and they play the best parents in dramaland… but c’mon, there have to be other actors that wouldn’t require bending the space-time continuum for?

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/03/answer-me-franchise-returns-this-fall-with-same-parents-new-year/

Guest little girl

EXO's Chen and Infinite's Woohyun are rumored to be casted in this drama. If EXO's Chen in I'm in.

I think this is not true.Woo Hyun will be really busy with INFINITE shedule this year and YES! he really need a lot of acting lessons though he has improved much from HSLO and really has great chemistry with Sae Ron

'Reply 1988' To Air This Fall! + Sung Dong Il And Lee Il Hwa Confirmed

answer1.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: 'Reply 1988', confirmed to air on tvN this coming fall 

1. [+1920, -161] We want 2002 also!

2. [+1308, -54] tvN dramas and variety shows are so much better than the public broadcast onesㅋㅋ I'm excited for this ㅋㅋ

3. [+1112, -119] I'm really looking forward to 'Reply 1988'. You can trust tvN with their dramas. The 'Reply' series, Marriage not Dating, Emergency Man and Woman, Gapdong, Rude Miss Young Ae, Nine, I need Romance series, Queen Inhyun's Man... tvN really comes up with the best ones.

4. [+812, -40] Which star is gonna shine this time..

5. [+638, -48] I'm extremely excited ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ You can trust the 'Reply' series

6. [+162, -2] Please cast Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa..

7. [+168, -20] At this rate, we might have 'Reply 1884' soon

8. [+119, -7] Please cast Sung Dong Il-sshiㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+73, -3] Please be careful with the casting. There have been series that got ruined because of the casting! I really trust the production staff but being careful doesn't hurt. I hope it hits daebak

10. [+67, -3] Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa as the dad and mom please

11. [+48, 0] Seoul Summer Olympics was held in 1988

12. [+26, 0] I don't care about anything else but they must cast Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa

13. [+24, -1] To the 40-year old me, 1988 was truly a memorable year. I'm looking forward to this

llh1.jpg

OSEN - Naver: Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa reprise roles as parents in tvN's 'Reply 1988'

1. [+7666, -54] These two are amazing in their roles as parents~ Especially Sung Dong Il whose acting gets a perfect score in my book. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Olympics, the generation X, flash dance, A Chinese Ghost Story, A Better Tomorrow, the democratization..

2. [+4771, -43] Daebak. Totally looking forward to them~ This is going to be fun

3. [+4392, -44] Will he be the Eagles coach this time?

4. [+509, -1] These two are the pillars of the 'Reply' series. I really respect their acting

5. [+382, -1] I love the DongIlHwa couple

6. [+373, -1] These are people you really can't exclude from 'Reply' series ^^~

7. [+148, 0] What is that ahjumma planning to cook again?

8. [+145, -1] The 'Reply' series is already 50% successful just by casting these two ㅋㅋㅋThey're more important than the leads

9. [+117, 0] Lee Il Hwa is gorgeous

10. [+107, -3] I approve of a Reply sageuk editionㅋㅋ Please produce Reply 2002 next time as well

11. [+89, 0] I was a high school senior in 1988.. I am now 46 years old.  I miss those times..

12. [+72, 0] I watch the 'Reply' series because of these two

Credit: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/03/reply-1988-to-air-this-fall.html

Archived