[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

SW-BR prepare to take their vows.

First, the bride and groom bow and greet DS' parents. BR sees her dad's oversized shoes and starts crying really badly. Her mom is tearing up as well.

BR starts to sob loudly.

Family photo time! DS' dad tells JH and DR's family to join in the photo as well :D

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hojichas said:

SW-BR prepare to take their vows.

First, the bride and groom bow and greet DS' parents. BR sees her dad's oversized shoes and starts crying really badly. Her mom is tearing up as well.

BR starts to sob loudly.

Family photo time! DS' dad tells JH and DR's family to join in the photo as well :D

Damn right they all a family!!!!! The village raised the kids together.

DR/JH/SW/BR/DS/TK GROUP PHOTO! Our friends have come this far together :)

BR holds DS' hand. DS still has black smudges under her eyes LOL.

After the ceremony, the families prepare to send BR-SW away. DS' mom is crying and BR hugs her, saying she loves her and she will live well, and thanks for raising her.

I started this drama disliking Bora so much. I thought she was tyrannical and crazy. But I realized as the series progressed that, as the eldest daughter, she carries a lot of burden and had to make a lot of sacrifices. She studied well so she could get into college without her parents paying and so she could get job and help support the family. She started winning me over during the funeral episode.

Now I've really grown to love Bora's character, and I love the relationship between her and Dukseon. Despite all their squabbles, they really do care about each other. Despite her harsh outer exterior, she really is a warm person. I'm prepared to cry when I watch that scene. I'm so glad she got the career she wanted and a man who will truly care for her, as well as the support of her family.

BR hands her dad an envelope and cries. TK drives the newlyweds off and TK's dad suggest they all go home for a drink.

BR cries in the car. SW said he didn't know she could cry this much, and BR said she didn't know either.

She opens her bag and in it is a letter from her dad. It' addressed to 'My beloved daughter.'

BR's dad has also written a letter to her dad. He's crying as he reads it.

BR: 'I didn't know how to say it so I wrote a letter. I'm similar to dad right? I don't know dad's heart well but I know you show your love through your actions... Before i got married, I wanted to say this to dad but in the end I can only write a letter. Even calling 'Dad' makes me tear up. Dad, thank you and I love you. I won't make mom and dad worry, and live well with SW. Even if I'm born again, I want to be born as Dad's daughter. I'm sorry and I love you.'

Bora is in the car, and in her bag, she opens a letter her dad wrote for her !!! These pair of father and daughter, they make me cry seriously ;-; giving each other tear jerking letters. BR is crying heaps too. 

Both the letters had. "I love you" and "I'm thankful I had you"

BR cries in SW's arms 

I cannot help but feeling this is all a bit rushed. I love the focus with Bora and SW, and their families, so touching... but I feel like some characters are a bit less developped. Like where is DR? JH? Even the Taek and DS scenes feel rushed and all over the place.

I wish we'd one more episode or for the whole story to have been a little better paced. For many episodes, nothing happened between JH/TK/DS, I feel those episodes could have been invested a bit better. Same for DR.

back to present time, we see adult DS and Taek, and then we pan over to see adult bora. And LOL HER PHONE KEEPS RINGING. ITS SUNWOO. At first she is polite and loving, and then after the thid ring, she explodes and scolds him, and SW meekly hangs up HAH

few secs later, SW MESSAGES HER HAH

BORA EXPLODES AND GOES HOME

BR reads her letter from Dad. He tells her to remember that she's precious, thanks her and says he loves her. BR cries into SW's shoulder.

Adult DS and her husband look at their old group photo at BR's wedding and she's like 'Can't we photoshop my face?!'

Older BR talks to older SW on the phone. SW is a naggy husband who calls BR alot LOL. He calls her 3 times in a span of 5 minutes and BR is losing her patience fast. BR finally explodes and shouts at SW over the phone, asking why he can't just talk to her at home and keeps calling.

SW is calling about buying shoes for DS/BR's dad. BR knows her dad's feet size perfectly now. SW texts BR with aegyo and asks when she's going home. BR rages and leaves DS' house.

Adult DS says TK wasn't the biggest star of their neighbourhood, it's JB! HAHAHAHA. DS: 'MO must be so happy, JB is so good at cooking...'

DS and husband thanks the interviewer for taking them on a trip down memory lane. DS asks her husband if he remembers when his family moved out and everyone was crying.

Archived