[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

JB is sitting in front of his parents. He's told them he wants to take on a part-time job.

JH's dad: 'I approve. It's important to do what you like.'

JB wants to gain experience and earn his own pocket money. His mom isn't so happy. She confides in DS' mom. Seems like they're unhappy because JB isn't focusing on his studies.

DS' mom is worried about SW-BR.

JH's mom: 'The same-surname thing isn't a huge issue. The law's going to change!'

JH's mom asks if she doesn't like SW, and DS' mom says no. JH's mom tells her to just coolly approve of SW-BR.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SW is at the hospital and on the phone to BR. He talks about wanting to buy Trash a meal coz he's thankful (for bringing him and BR back together). Both make plans to discuss the issue with their parents.

SW fiddles with his couple ring and gets up to leave.

SW's mom is drinking tea with TK's dad. SW comes home and says he has something to say to them.

SW: 'Mom, I want to marry BR. Please give us your permission.'

SW's mom sighs and asks SW: 'You haven't finished studying and still have yet to graduate... the future is uncertain so please consider going slowly.'

SW: 'Mom. I've been dating BR for 6 years. It's serious. I don't mean to hold a wedding right away, I want to date BR before marriage and want to meet BR openly and proudly. I've always done what Mom wants - it's not that I regret it, it's just I want to marry the person I love. Please give me your permission, Mom.'

TK's dad just nods. SW: 'I'm going back to the hospital now.' SW's mom looks downcast and she puts her head in her hands.

JH is about to leave and his parents are worried about him.

JH: 'I come  back often, it's not like I'm a guest!'

He salutes and laughs. Aww Junghwan. Please laugh like that more often.  JH's mom bursts into tears once JH steps out of the house :(

JH sees SW drinking alone at the pojangmacha. He looks at his watch, and decides to go join SW.

SW: 'Don't you have to drive to Sacheon?'

JH: 'My car's not working. I'm taking the bus.'

Did he just lie to accompany SW longer? Sigh, Junghwan :(

SW's mom and TK's dad are lying in bed and chatting.

BR comes home and sits in front of her parents.

BR: 'Mom, dad. I want to marry SW. I'd like it if you can give me permission.'

DS' mom: 'No. You have the same surname.' She's really pissed.

BR: 'How about dad? You think the same way too? Perhaps.. you guys don't like SW? Is it because he's a younger man? It's really just because of the law? If there is no issue with the law, you guys will give your permission right?'

BR says the law is in the process of changing and being abolished. She explains that it's pretty much confirmed, and says she is not planning on marrying SW immediately. They will marry when both finish their studies and when the law has changed.

BR: 'I can live well with SW. Mom, dad. Please believe in me again.'

JH's mom sets the table for lunch and SW's mom comes in. DS' mom arrives with kimchi and its awkward between her and SW's mom.

They start eating quietly, not speaking to each other.

JH's mom: 'Cha Inpyo's getting married, isn't he going to the army?'

SW's mom calls Cha Inpyo 'oppa' and she says if he's handsome, he's an oppa. HAHAHAHAHAHA. The ahjummas start talking naturally again.

Archived