[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • What happened to JH/DR/Wang jun/Parents?
  • What's the purpose of the interview?
  • How did DS-Taek go public/married?
  • What does DS do now? Didn't she say she"works from her home-office now"? :/
  • How did SW-Bora marry in 1995 when thelaw changed in 1997?
  • What the hell happened to JH's ring? I guess, it was really meant for DS, so he left it?
  • Do JH-DS don't interact anymore? wtf.
  • They solved the diary thing but forgot about comics lol JH is only one who reads comics. Not hating here, just saying it's realllyyyyy rushed.

Wants answers lol. They pretty much wrote off JH after Ep18 :(

Btw, Bogummie had his first fanmeet today and he was crying SO hard. RJY and LDH sent video messages to him~ :3

The ending really left me hanging... IN A GOOD WAY.

It's been a hell of a ride. I'm glad I find this better than R94, but R97 still wins in my heart lol While the previous ones focus more on romance, R94 focuses more on family and each charachter has their own development. You can see in the las two episodes how much the characters have evolved and become better people.

I like how the last episode doesn't focus on romance either. It focuses more on how the parents accept that their children are all grown ups now and have to let go sooner or later. R94 keeps true to their family oriented drama all the way to the end. :)

See you guys on the next installment of Reply! I don't know about you guys, but I'm sure gonna watch!

THE REST OF KOREA MUST BE MOURNING RIGHT NOW Hahahaha sorry for the word but this looks like a joke haha. Hope someone can explain what just happened. Even though I'm TaekSun I'm watching this for all the characters here OMG I dunno haha. :w00t:

Well as the saying goes the journey is more important and memorable rather than the ending.So watching the finale felt like reading a fiction where we get excerpts for everyone and how they're holding up.I really loved this drama and wish to watch it again to see the parts that I overlooked [this goes for my bias of course DS-TK ^__^]..and the OTP5 in action.And Hyeri Bogum need to work together ...asap!

2 minutes ago, Shorti Inji said:

So many questions I want to ask!

What was the purpose of the interviews?  Do they all still keep in touch?

What happened to the rest of them?

How did they tell their parents?

and last but not least! where is JH graduation ring rite now ?

ok sory my mistake... too many question for me to ask, so i dont know how to handle it...

I understand what the writer wants to deliver seeing how they go back to ep 1 scene in the end, but something were rushed and other things were dragged unnecessarily tbh.

Why did they drag SW-BR marriage thing, make it all angst just for in the end, solve it so easily? They shouldn't waste so much time on that couple. The 2 mom were against, then they talked, then bam SW and BR got married. Instead of doing that, just give screen time to the OT4.

JH and DR were nowhere to be seen, except some very short moments, Taek and DS had only 1-2 moments, they didn't even have scene when they went public and people's reaction.

There're so many loose ends here

14 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Ah I really liked that last scene. It was a nice reminder that they are all friends and they are all connected no matter what...

Reminiscence and nostalgia...

exactly....i think one word to describe the ending is that:

Reminiscence

I haven't watched it yet, but I can really empathize with the sentiment adult Dukseon gave.

I'm 20 right now and I grew up with amazing childhood friends (No Taek or Junghwan unfortunately...), and I can't help but miss the simpler times, where we would gather at each others houses and mess around. I think that's why this drama really grabbed me, because it reminded me so much of my childhood. The past Reply series never resonated with me; I just couldn't relate to it. And I'm sure when I'm 40, I'm going to feel the same as Dukseon did. Truly a great statement on the inherently bittersweet quality of life. Never being able to revisit the times we cherish is something that happens to all of us. And I think the drama tried to stay true to focusing on friends and family, rather than love, and I appreciate that.

When I picked up this drama months ago, I didn't realize how invested I would become. But I really enjoyed it more than I thought. I fell in love with all the cast and I'm definitely going to keep up with them and their future projects.

I'm sad for both JH-DS and TK-DS shippers (as a shipper of JH-DS) because whereas JH-DS shippers had more love-line going on for them, JH didn't become endgame and whereas for TK-DS shippers TK was endgame, they didn't have enough love line. It's unfair for both shippers!

TT TT I'm going to miss this series. Not a single drama before this left me crying and rolling on the floor laughing at the same time per episode. I'm so happy that the Dukseon from episode 1 who was often neglected in favor of the oldest and the youngest finally found someone who can give her al the love she deserves. And it's Taekkie! I heartily approve. I just wish we knew more about what happened with Junghwan, since he was also a driving character of this series.

3 minutes ago, Nikkaquarian said:

exactly....i think one word to describe the ending is that:

Reminiscence

Yes, very nice indeed.

Still not crazy about the end, that is all after the time jump. It felt so rushed (I still have so many questions and so many scenes I wanted to see!) but it was a nice closure scene for all the fans.

Archived