- Taek and his dad moved to Ssangmundong
- Taek broke his arm Deoksun carried him

May 1985:
- Jeongbong won 1st place Olympic Lottery

Ssangmungo day excursion, 1987:
- Sunwoo, DongRyong and Junghwan won 1st at dance competition

Thursday, August 4, 1988:
- Deoksun met Junghwan and the guys at Brazil Dukbokki store
- Miok to Deoksun: "I think he (Sunwoo) likes you"?
<Evening:>
- Sunwoo visit Deoksun to borrow the white
<9:20PM:>
- Deokson have family dinner (watch MBC incident)
- Sunwoo pays another visit and ask out for ramen
- Gang gathered at Taek´s room and eat ramen
<Night:>
- Deoksun practiced at night for picket 

Thursday September 8, 1988 (the seventh lunar month 28) = 1988 Seoul Olympics D-9 = Dad´s pay day:
<6PM>
- Gang gathered at Taek´s room and watched A Better Tomorrow 2 movie
<About 7PM>
- Sharing dinner dishes between the families
- Dinner time between family
- Deoksun practice picket and hit Bora´s head

Friday, September 9, 1988, Seoul Olympics D-8:
<Morning>
- Deoksun fried egg incident
- Each of Ssangmundong childrens went to school 
<About 6PM>
- Dinner at Ssangmundong, something about Junghwan wallet (?)
<About 7PM>
- Ahjummas chatting, and Dongil and Sungyun got home from work

Saturday, September 10, 1988, Seoul Olympics D-7:
<Lunch>
- Dongryong and Junghwan Brazil Dukbokki robber incident
- [HOME] Sunwoo shaving wound that he hides from his mother
- Dongil and his son eating olympic ice cream incident
<Evening>
Deoksun practice picket in white korean hanbok

Sunday, September 11, 1988, Seoul Olympics D-6:
- Deoksun practice picket 

Monday, September 12, 1988, Seoul Olympics D-5:
- Deoksun practice picket today too

Tuesday, September 13, 1988, Seoul Olympics D-4:
- Deoksun practicee picket at Jamsil Main stadion 
- Miran Junghwan mom find out about his shoes that was stolen
<Evening>
- Junghwan mum tried to talk to him about the shoe incident
- Deoksun practice picket in the yard and Kim Sajang greeting with Junghwan´s father
- Junghwan dad bought Deoksun chicken

Wednesday, September 14, 1988, Seoul Olympics D-3 = Bora´s birthday = Sunwoo´s dad death anniversary:
- Deoksun picket interview, learned that Madagascar not participate in Olympics 
<9:40PM>
- Sunwoo mom finds cigarettes in his room
- Bora and Deoksun birthday party, Deoksun sad explosion 
- Sunwoo and mom confront about the wound and cries together

- Sunwoo´s dad death memorial

Saturday, September 17, 1988, Seoul Olympics D-Day = Deoksun´s birthday = Sunwoo´s birthday:
<11:30AM>
- Deoksun Uganda picket TV appearance
- Sungyun, Junghwan´s dad record Deoksun´s olympic apperance
- Junghwan slight smile at Deoksun (+남편미소 피식) = husband hunt??
<11:35PM about>
- Miran talk to Junghwan and learn he´s 1st at school and he ask for shoes

- Sunwoo bathhouse with uncle
- Dolly supermarket scene with Dad, celebrating Deoksun birthday with cake

Friday, September 23, 1988:
<Evening>
- Sungyun testing his camera, and Junghwan ask him to stop filming
- Junghwan says Deoksun touching food with hand is gross
- Deoksun and Bora sleep with their grandmother

Saturday, Sept 24, 1988:
<Morning>
- Deoksun´s grandmother return home
- Deoksun steal her sister´s jean jacket 
<1PM about>
- Bora return home
<1:45PM about>
- Deoksun arrive home and return jacket
<About 2PM>
- Gang arrive at Junghwan´s home to celebrate Taek´s winning championship in Baduk
<2:30PM>
- Deoksun put chocolate in Sunwoo´s bag

Monday, october 3, 1988:
<Morning 6:30>
- Deoksun and Bora morning fight
<9:50AM>
- Sunwoo, Dongryong, Junghwan eat lunch 
<Lunch>
- Junghwan, Dongryong, Sunwoo play soccer with crazy dog sunbae
- Deoksun learn news of her grandmother passed away
<Evening>
Deoksun, Bora and Noeul, took the train/bus to grandmother´s funeral
- Dongryong, Sunwoo and Junghwan sneak to the cinema to watch 19+ movie

Tuesday, Octorber 4, 1988:
<About 8PM>
- Sunwoo, Dongryong and Junghwan try enter movie 19+ with millitary uniform

- Junghwan punch crazy dog sunbae

- Still Deoksun grandmother funeral, her uncle arrive from America (? I might mix up his arrive) 

Wednesday, Octorober 5, 1988:

- Deoksun grandmother funeral finished
- Taek birthday 
<6PM>
- Taek won another championship

Taek birthday:
<Morning>
Enter via Gimpo airport
<Evening>
- Taek is drinking buddy to Deoksun´s dad. "I miss my mom everyday"

- Taek birthday party 
- Bora read Deoksun diary

Wednesday, October 12, 1988:
<Evening>
- Deoksun dad arrives home with herbs/vegetables (?)

Thursday, October 13 1988:
<Lunch>
- Deoksun dance practice with Miok and Jaehyon, 
<Evening>
Dance practice with Dongryong, Junghwan and Sunwoo
<7:30PM about>
- Deoksun dad arrive home with a baby/meditation cassette tape
<Night>
- Deoksun mom and Junghwan mum has a drink, and JH mom give money in envelope to DS mom

Friday, October 14, 1988:
<7:15AM about>
- Mom gives Deoksun the family treasured camera

- Deoksun leave camera on train
<Evening>
- Miok, Jahyeon broke arm and leg accident

Saturday, October 15, 1988:
- Junghwan entrust his liqour to Deoksun
- Deoksun ask Dongryong for favor, in dance competition
- Deoksun and Dongryong at Kim Soo Roo king store, and leave behind JH liqour
<About 9PM>
- Deoksun dad had to go to Noeol school

- Dongryong, Junhwan, Sunwoo perform dance show
- Deoksun introduce Miok, Jahyeon to the guys

- The guys was chased by DongRyong dad and JH&DS hide in narrow alley
<Night>
- Deoksun sleeps well
- Junghwan can´t sleep

Sunday, October 16, 1988:
- Deoksun return home with back scratcher gift to her parents
- Deoksun, Junghwan backhug scene
- Deoksun mom hit Junghwan head by accident

Monday, October 17, 1988:
<Night>
- Briquette carbon monoxide incident and Deoksun escape alone

Tuesday, November 1, 1988:
<Morning>
- Deoksun walkman to school
- Sunwoo bring salt flavored egg to school
- Junghwan goes to school with Jordan shoes

Wednesday, November 2, 1988:
- Deoksun announce she will go to college
- Deoksun try baduk with Taek, but gives up

Thursday, November 3, 1988:
<Evening>
Deoksun parents and Junghwan parents dinner 

- Deoksun help Taek open youghurt, and Taek help her w/the cube
- Jeongbong too try the cube, and Junghwan use stopwatch (?)

Saturday, November 5, 1988 = Miran birthday
<Morning>
- Sungyun is making seaweed soup for Miran, Junghwan´s mom
- Deoksun rip Junghwan´s shirt on the bus
<Evening>
- Miran, Junghwan mom appears like a cheetah lol
- Deoksun parents argue
- Junghwan family dinner at restaurant

<7:05PM>
- Sunwoo find candy gifts left behind by Deoksun

- Junghwan, Sunwoo listen to radio and hear news of Taek loosing in competition
<7:35PM>
- Sunyeong, Sunwoo mom, Junghwan making kimchi pancake for Taek? (I didn´t´watch ep4 yet so idk)
- Junghwan respond so Kim Sajang joke from his father.
- Sunwoo visit Deoksun house and ask to lend lead for pencil 
- Taek is home and practice baduk (?)

Sunday, November 6, 1988:
- Taek goes to practice
- Bora study sessions
- The guys come to Taek and cheer him up tín the evening

Mid-November, 1988:
<Morning>
- Junghwan wait for Deoksun with umbrella 
- Junghwan is Deoksun´s dark knight on the buss

November 2015:
Lee Mi Yeon and Kim Joo Hyuk is husband and wife

DC source: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=43752&page=1&recommend=1
-
Okay this was super long and I didn´t even trans every single thing on the dates... I find some interesting things on the timeline though. But yeah it´s not 100% correct probably since I´m not fluent in Korean. If anyone spot anything wrong just correct me.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daebak.... all the theory about dolls , colors... bla bla... i gues im just like DS , simple minded... for me its obviously JH.... and the other guy is TK. Eventhou i love TK, but i cant see DS didnt fall in love with JH... like, girl, the guy is just right for u.. hes not perfect but he look sincerely in love with her.

The crush on SW is just cover up. She didnt even like SW like that until her friends  told her nonsense. Like come on.... SW is just being SW.

And what im afraid the most TK's death... u know i just got this feeling...starting from DS introduced him in ep2.. the song.. the lyrics of the song.. they even played the song's instrument when TK cursed and laughing... its looked funny but it just feel sad deep inside..im afraid TK having headache might have to do with his health... idk... i will kill the writer if she kill my TK..

and about TK's loveline with DS, i think TK liked DS since they were kids. Just that DS doesnt hv boyfriend that he didnt get stimulated to do something about his feeling.. as usual expressionless ....but most of all i will think he liked DS firstly because DS treat him really well, and he just need a mother figure by his side.. 

@Love1403 Is it possible to ask you to translate the last part starting from 3. on the post? xD I can't copy/paste the thing into google translate for some reason and it's the only part I haven't seen/ don't really understand. Please and thank you <3

You can read this post: http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/346174-current-drama-2015-answer-me-1988-응답하라-1988/?do=findComment&comment=19372881

Which is very well explained on Bora-Sunwoo love line. And the other mentions on the blog post is that Sunwoo keep having his eyes fixated on Bora when he visit Deoksun house to borrow white, and ask them out for ramen etc. And also that the bandage they have on their chin is 100% similar to each others, and that Sunwoo really pay close attention to Bora. As in he recognize her jeans jacket, and that Bora will take away DS walkman player if she sees it etc. And Sunwoo was extra fixated on his look when he went to Bora´s torturing class, as in he wore jeans jacket that was still wet etc :P 

I have wondered for a while if the actors that play some of these characters were to do a role change would the viewer reaction be the same? Like say DongRyong's actor was Taek and Taek was DR. Because no one assumes DR would be husband even though they interact so much.:P

Would people still ship DS and Taek? Would they like DR and DS more? It is kinda funny because sometimes looks play a role. DR helps DS alot as well.

Amazing on the color theory. I  figured the colors had to do with Olympic rings but didn't think the series poster showed the same pattern as well.  I also noticed the green/red/yellow pattern in DS's house in their living room...A red & green fly swatter hangs over a yellow phone book.  While there's a yellow/green combo in JH's dining room table.  The PD is just obsess throwing out clues.  

I have wondered for a while if the actors that play some of these characters were to do a role change would the viewer reaction be the same? Like say DongRyong's actor was Taek and Taek was DR. Because no one assumes DR would be husband even though they interact so much.:P

Would people still ship DS and Taek? Would they like DR and DS more? It is kinda funny because sometimes looks play a role. DR helps DS alot as well.

Good observation. That's the sad world we live in, as viewers we expect romantic leads to 'look the part',probably even without realising it. But I still think that Reply creators are at least trying to challenge this notion. For example, I don't think any of us expected Kim Sung-kyun to have a love-line in AM1994, but he did and his Samcheonpo was absolutely awesome. I don't think it's just looks alone that prevents us from considering Dong Ryong as some Deok Sun's love interest. They are simply way too comfortable with each other to let the sparks fly.

Indeed. Though I say looks and recognition.

If the actor who act as DongRyung is as well known as Park Bo Gum, I wonder will people ship DRxDS as hard as TxDS.

hahaha..good one. If the actors were to change characters we would have to identify with the ones we really like.

Hi I am new to this thread.  I love the Reply series.  I think story wise it would be great if SW likes Bora because DS "hates" her sister which makes it all more the heart tugging later on.  I think plot wise it would be more interesting.  Anyway, I thought the Reply writers/PDs say that they are not going to troll us about the husband and focus on family relationships instead so I am not expect the same anticipation about the husband for this drama.  So far it is hard not to like Jung Hwan.  But perhaps Taek will have more to offer later on.  

Everyone seems to be interested in the young adults pairing but anyone here thinking that it'd be great if Sun Woo's mom end up with Taek's dad?  They could be a source of comfort to each other.  

Yeah it's was mentioned before and I think it's highly likely they will go out together. Like the other two ahjummas also teased Sunwoo's mom to try marry Taek's dad, but she says he talks too little xD But I think they might also find their own romance and source of comfort within each other :P

And all the older actors are really good actors and actresses. It would be a waste to not give them their own story and script, and I'm sure the PD know to not waste the cast too. We're thankfully 20 episodes long, and I believe everyone will have their own story arc hopefully.

Guest nchoerunnisa

Everyone seems to be interested in the young adults pairing but anyone here thinking that it'd be great if Sun Woo's mom end up with Taek's dad?  They could be a source of comfort to each other.  

Yeah it's was mentioned before and I think it's highly likely they will go out together. Like the other two ahjummas also teased Sunwoo's mom to try marry Taek's dad, but she says he talks too little xD But I think they might also find their own romance and source of comfort within each other :P

And all the older actors are really good actors and actresses. It would be a waste to not give them their own story and script, and I'm sure the PD know to not waste the cast too. We're thankfully 20 episodes long, and I believe everyone will have their own story arc hopefully.

Count me in. I have been shipped SW' mom & Taek's Dad since 1st episode.

But I kind of feel bad for Taek & his Dad if this is actually happen though. Well, you know, SW and JJ are practically a saint for being able to eat her dish. LOL. Seeing Taek's Dad struggling making rice made me reconsidered this idea. After a long fight being a single parent, he deserves someone who can bring some improvement in food department. Hahaha. But still, they will look cute together.

Good observation. That's the sad world we live in, as viewers we expect romantic leads to 'look the part',probably even without realising it. But I still think that Reply creators are at least trying to challenge this notion. For example, I don't think any of us expected Kim Sung-kyun to have a love-line in AM1994, but he did and his Samcheonpo was absolutely awesome. I don't think it's just looks alone that prevents us from considering Dong Ryong as some Deok Sun's love interest. They are simply way too comfortable with each other to let the sparks fly.

At this point when DS and Taek has so little interaction I can't ship them despite my love for PBG as actor. But everyone sees different spark between pairings. I don't know why but I just love random duets and how harmonic they can sing together. For example in Witch Romance leads singing the same song but one old and other cover versions, in Producer the karaoke duet sealed the deal for me and they ended up together. As you can predict in the lastest episode I was totally immersed in DS and DR duet don't you think it was so sweet ^^ But since every clue points out JH and he is also charming I will just wait and see which one gonna steal DS's heart and then start shipping ^^

Ok, I am seriously pissed at Dramafever! It is taking them forver to do the subs!!!! What is the point of having an exclusive license if they are taking forever and not making it fun for us the viewers?!? They are not accomodating us at all, just making us wait, and wait, and wait...

:angry:

We should just boycott Dramafever lol. People are even paying for their subscriptions so we as customers has a right to complain when their services doesn't match the demand and quality.

And I'm also pissed they can't prioritize subbing R88 like they did Twenty Again. What's the point in claiming exclusive rights to it then?? To richard simmons of their customers?? I'm actually flabbergasted they decided to air R88 with subs Mon/Tues, when raw episodes are already out light years before:crazy:

Hi everyone :) I've been seeing your great posts from a long time ago and decided to take part :P

I hope the subs will be out soon, I probably have to wait until tomorrow evening because of the time difference and I don't have access to dramafever :/ Its insane how long they are taking it to sub it... 4 days of waiting for me :( I wish I knew Korean!

Anyway to put my 2cents in the discussion about DS-->SW-->Bora love triangle. I don't think that SW has a crush on DS at least for now, because:

1) According to the character description (Big thanks to who translated) it said that he liked a girl for 3yrs, meaning that DS was 15 years old which I think she was too young for SW to like her even though they were the same age, I think he probably started liking Bora who was about 18 years old (probably started to look/act like a woman, even though I think she acts like a dog with her family LOL) so based on the age the probability of him  liking someone older is higher. I think at that age DS was just 'one of the boys' or like a sister. 

2) Also in his description it said his crush is a secret he couldn't tell his mum/friends. But he didn't hesitate to agree that DS looks cuter lately, unlike JH who told them that they were crazy even though we know he likes her.  Now he could have been too drunk to care about what he said, or he could have said it because he was giving out his opinion about a friend or sister.

3) Also in these episodes how come we never seen any hints of his crush towards DS, even JH which started to like her pretty recently is very obvious, but the only small hints are more directed towards bora than DS. Like when he noticed her sisters jacket and dressing to impress for the private lesson with Bora. Also could SW leave home earlier then DS and JH so he could go with Bora ?  They didn't show Bora in the last scene and in the next episode they may have been together so maybe he left early because of her?

Archived