[MANGA/ANIME] Akatsuki No Yona ; Yona of the Dawn

13infamyss

Thanks guys for the help (@maeryeok and @SakuToku) and I am finally up to date (Chap 117)! It was an intense built up from where I last read to chap 117. It's great to see some progress between Yona and Hak (the necklace scene was great - I think I had small tears shed for Hak). All his life was about looking after his princess - Yona's happiness is his. But this time, we see Yona's little effort to give something to Hak and that made him extra happy. His extra happiness made Yona realize her feelings more to Hak. And I'm glad to see how much Yona's field of interest is shifting to Hak, and that Hak's feelings are slowly being reciprocated. Can't wait to see that moment when Yona finally gets over Soo-woon and confesses Hak her feelings for him.

I was actually surprised that Hak didn't break the wall down and grabbed Soo-woon by the neck when he recognized his voice. I guess it makes sense when he said that his priority was to get his princess back, so he had to calm his nerves and act for his princess's sake even if collaboration with Soo Woon was all it took. 

I think Yona, deep down, has forgiven Soo-Woon for the hurt he has inflicted her and she is moving on from that. Although it was unfortunate and tragic that she doesn't have her father around anymore, she's been given ten fold back - she gained new family with her dragons and Yoon, and her attraction to Hak grows everyday. The new relationship she gained helped her get over her pain. I think now that problem lies with Hak seeing past his hate toward Soo-Woon. 

The Wind Tribe reunion with Hak was soooo hilarious. I'm glad that his family already knows that he's alive and well!^^

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SakuToku

@13infamyss You're welcome. ^_^ Actually, there's something wrong on numbering of chapters on that site. 117 will release on Jan 4. :sweatingbullets:

@maeryeok Good thinking. SW knowing that the dragons exist is also possible. He has so many secrets to reveal on later chapters. XD

I've been thinking about the possible endings. I know this sounds bias but I'm sure Yona will end up with Hak. When Yona decided to go back to the castle, these are the possible scenarios:

• She reclaims the throne and kills SW.
  • She reclaims the throne and spares SW by exile.
  • She doesn't reclaim the throne and kills SW.
  • She doesn't reclaim the throne and spares SW.

If Yona doesn't have a plan to go back to the castle for the rest of her life, these are the possible scenarios:

• She continues to take a journey along with Hak, Yoon, and the dragons. (And I think this will most likely to happen.)
  • She becomes a Wind Tribe member.

hmm idk i just have this feeling that yona will make the ultimate sacrifice. Even tho Im hardcore YONAxHak. I have this feeling in the back of my mind of Yona and Tae Jun  ( 2nd son of the fire tribe ) will end up together.

Tae Jun could be the rightful king to the throne.

I have a feeling that King Hiryuu will make an appearance somewhere along the story. Yona is probably the red dragon or from the prophecy the thing that mentions dawn. ( All the important events happens at dawn )

On 12/26/2015 at 8:22 PM, SakuToku said:

I've been thinking about the possible endings. I know this sounds bias but I'm sure Yona will end up with Hak. When Yona decided to go back to the castle, these are the possible scenarios:

If Yona doesn't have a plan to go back to the castle for the rest of her life, these are the possible scenarios:

• She continues to take a journey along with Hak, Yoon, and the dragons. (And I think this will most likely to happen.)
  • She becomes a Wind Tribe member.

I also think, at the end of the series, Yona will be with the rest embarking on a journey ensuring peace across country while Soo Woon permanently sits on the throne looking over things. And Yona ends up with Hak. And Soo Woon with Lily. LOL. I know he has strong feelings for Yona, but I don't think they`ll ever be as close again with what happened (doesn't matter if she forgives him or not) And I think he looks good with Lily! (I don't think I`ll be able to take if the mangaka kills off Soo Woon as his final redemption. I`m starting to like him and a few more chapters of learning about Soo Woon and his reason on taking over the kingdom, I`ll be emotionally invested in him. TT__TT So hopefully no one dies along the series. Like I can't.)

Anyways Can't wait for the next chapter. That was such a cliffhanger at the end.

22 hours ago, maeryeok said:

hmm idk i just have this feeling that yona will make the ultimate sacrifice. Even tho Im hardcore YONAxHak. I have this feeling in the back of my mind of Yona and Tae Jun  ( 2nd son of the fire tribe ) will end up together.

Tae Jun could be the rightful king to the throne.

I have a feeling that King Hiryuu will make an appearance somewhere along the story. Yona is probably the red dragon or from the prophecy the thing that mentions dawn. ( All the important events happens at dawn )

I wonder what he is up to now - Tae Jun? I've read his story a long time ago and I can't remember now what he's doing. I think he went and looked after a deserted city?

Yes I have the feeling Hiryuu will make an appearance too. There has to be more story to it on how Yona became the master of dragons or how she happened to be the said reincarnation of Hiryuu. 

Tae Jun is now back home to his tribe. I forgot what title/ position he is . His job now is to take care of things in his tribe while his brother is in the castle studying away. This is just suspicious why does the brother need to go to the kouku castle and study the history of the country and about the fire tribe. If u remember before there's a song about how the fire tribe are the true descendants of the King Hiryuu. Which makes me think that Tae Jun is probably the rightful king. Also another suspicious thing is that Suwon's plan was to make Tae Jun the official tribe leader but Suwon said Tae Jun's brother would work as well.

i believe that king Hiryuu will appear is because when the dragons encountered Yona the voice that talked to them. They used the pronoun "he" instead of " she" .And didnt mention the reincarnation of king hiryuu.

On 12/28/2015 at 6:12 PM, maeryeok said:

Tae Jun is now back home to his tribe. I forgot what title/ position he is . His job now is to take care of things in his tribe while his brother is in the castle studying away. This is just suspicious why does the brother need to go to the kouku castle and study the history of the country and about the fire tribe. If u remember before there's a song about how the fire tribe are the true descendants of the King Hiryuu. Which makes me think that Tae Jun is probably the rightful king. Also another suspicious thing is that Suwon's plan was to make Tae Jun the official tribe leader but Suwon said Tae Jun's brother would work as well.

Hmmm. Great observation. Now I really wonder if he will play a bigger role in the story later on. And I wonder if Soo Won feels threatened at that. Although I've never perceived him as a guy hunger for throne as he only did this not only for revenge for his father, and so far the story is telling us he wanted to take over to give the citizens a better and tougher ruler, things could still change later in the game once he sat on the throne way too long.

• 3 weeks later...

^Just read the latest chapter! 

Oh no. Hopefully Lily is alright! :tears: I'd hate to think that something bad might happen to her. I hope that "goodbye" at the end is only short term.

And we got to see more of Soo Won's agenda in ascending to the throne.

• 2 weeks later...

Ch 118 is out! :D

I`m so glad that they have finally found Yona and that Lili is alive! 

Don't you guys feel like Jae Ha is seriously in love with Yona? How he expresses his care for Yona is so different from any of the dragons. He looks at her like the way Hak looks at Yona!

22 hours ago, maeryeok said:

@13infamyss did you read the bonus chapter?

OMGGG  one month before we get the next chapter.. what to do what to do

I just went to check the website I read the new chapter from, there was no bonus chapter? :bawling:

Hopefully it will have it up soon?

And auuugh one month of wait T___T

• 2 weeks later...

Chap 119!!!!! Augh the chapters get shorter. Is it just me?

Anyways eeeeeeeeppppps!!!!!! Hak and Soo Woon have finally meet eye to eye. There was a tiny pause there when they found each other. Tiny pause, but it weighed so much. Looking forward once Yona gets into the picture!

Please make the chapter longer next time :bawling:

• 1 year later...

Is anyone still reading this amazing series?

I'm not sure if it's going to end soon but I feel like we've already reached the climax of the story and if this arc ends, the only thing to be resolved is with Soo Won.

I want to see Yona and Hak intimate moments because they are really cute together! :wub:

I am one of the avid fan of this manga. i really love this manga and followed it eventhough the chapter update is once a month. i am a hakxyona shipper. i just love them to bits

the newest chapter was a revelation about the shield on the prophecy now we only have to know who/what will be the sword.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 10:07 PM, daekim02 said:

I am one of the avid fan of this manga. i really love this manga and followed it eventhough the chapter update is once a month. i am a hakxyona shipper. i just love them to bits

the newest chapter was a revelation about the shield on the prophecy now we only have to know who/what will be the sword.

I just want the conflict to end so that we can have a peaceful moment with Yona and Hak. I want them to talk things out and what will be the next step to their relationship. Will there be another kiss or what?

A chapter a month is not enough and the manga releases in US is slow as well. We still have more 10+ volumes to catch up to the Japanese releases. T_T

• 1 month later...

The anime was so good!!! I really liked the OST as well! Watching the anime made me get into reading the manga and I rarely ever read ongoing manga as I hate the wait. The monthly chapters are extremely painful but I don't regret committing to the manga at all.

Spoiler

Chapter 137 made it worth it :wink: hehehehehehehehehhehehehe

Hak is just :wub: his devotion is seriously the best. Hak and Yona better have a happy ending. >:(

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 9:21 AM, *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said:

The anime was so good!!! I really liked the OST as well! Watching the anime made me get into reading the manga and I rarely ever read ongoing manga as I hate the wait. The monthly chapters are extremely painful but I don't regret committing to the manga at all.

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 137 made it worth it :wink: hehehehehehehehehhehehehe

Hak is just :wub: his devotion is seriously the best. Hak and Yona better have a happy ending. >:(

I love the anime (this really needs more season!) and I totally adore the manga. Hak and Yona are just perfect for each other. The latest chapter made me screaming and the last chapter that was released last December 20 is worth all the wait! That is a very happy merry Christmas for all the fan. :wub: 

Now we'll have to wait again for the next chapters since from what I heard, Kusanagi-sensei will go on a break so there won't be a new chapter on January 5. *sigh*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 1:13 AM, jcherjc said:

Okay so I've just started Yona of the Dawn and I'm really enjoying it, what does everyone think about the character development?

Yona has one of the best character development for a female lead. That's one of the reason why I love her and the series.

Plus the relationship of the black dragon and the happy hungry bunch is the sweetest thing.

Spoiler

If you want a series with the same amazing character development for the female lead, I totally recommend Honey Lemon Soda and Waiting for Spring.

Archived