[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Ok troopers,

In the SongSong thread, someone is mentioning that they filming at KBS studios for the epilogue yesterday and that SongSong couple were there today to film.. Page 388 on SongSong couple thread... There's a Instagram post of it as well.

anyone hear this to confirm?

i thought the epilogue was maybe a narrative or text scroll but looks like they actually doing a short scene for it..

• Like 9

'Descendants of the Sun' News: Casts of the drama thank fans for the love and support

Casts of the drama thank fans for undying support

On April 14 marks the end of the drama "Descendants of the Sun". The stars genuinely send their gratitude for their fans that continuously love and support the drama. Through their social media accounts, the stars express their heartfelt gratitude.

The lead actress, Song Hye kyo who plays as Dr. Kang, recently shares a photo on her Instagram, as she writes, "I would like to thank everyone who supported 'Descendants of the Sun'. I will remember it for a time. I will do my best to become a better actress and a better person. I love you!"

Jin Goo, better known as his character Seo Dae-young (aka Wolf) posts a clip on his Instagram Account after the airing of the drama (KST). The actor writes, "Thanks to everyone who unconditionally gave so much love these last two months, I was extremely happy. I was able to gain everyone through #DescendantsOfTheSun. Even if I die, I won't die." 

Jin Goo says in his video, "All of the viewers who loved 'Descendants of the Sun,' all the actors and staff, and all of the journalists who wrote such great articles about us, I love each and every one of you. Thank you so much. Power of unity!" #단결

Kim Ji Won who plays as Yoon Myung-ju also posts a short video on her Instagram account before the airing of the drama to also thank everyone for the nonstop love and support to "Descendants of the Sun". She says, "Today's the last episode of "Descendants of the Sun", I can't believe it! So, please watch it! Thank you!".

Ahn Bo Hyun, who plays “Piccolo” of Alpha team, also expresses his gratitude through posting photos on his Instagram account. On April 14, Ahn Bo Hyun writes, “Descendants of the Sun. I was happy. Thank you so much.”

Read more  http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/37442/20160415/descendants-of-the-sun-news-casts-of-the-drama-thank-fans-for-undying-support.htm

• Like 20

About the messed up timeline, I do feel a tad bothered by it too but there've been quite a few inconsistencies even with regards to the two main leads' actual ages so I've decided that I will just stick to what I believed from day one, which is that Shi-jin's 33 and Mo-yeon is 34 at the start of the drama, and they're exactly one year older at the end. 

I will then just ignore the actual dates we got during the drama and work with my own timeline instead. I feel this way everything will  make more sense to me, after all, I guess this is one of the reasons why in a lot of productions they tend to avoid giving actual dates preferring to just give hints about the number of time units passed or making it obvious that the seasons have changed, this gives a lot less margin for error and also allows for more room to correct things if you want to add new events on a particular timeline. 

That said, I think that this lack of consistency in terms of time is one of the things that can easily be overlooked when we consider the bigger picture which, as we all agree, a freaking cinematographical masterpiece which has set a new (unreasonably high) standard in the k-drama industry. 

• Like 17

i just able watch last 2 ep with sub today, do i need to say again that i love it. no wonder SJK say he wanna act in tears jerking drama, he's not the one who cry. wasn't like JIS in TWWB, i hope his dream come true. his crying scene was touching enough for me.

i love how our puppy also into capt YSJ. he also protect the beauty now, n i'm got teary when he start to cry when DY come to him. he really love his hyung. 

but i have one question, being promoted to a be a major. it's mean SJ now stop from active duty??

and i'm agree to the one who said we have to give a credit for Dr. Song (i forget who post it i'm sorry). he indeed a perfect guy. funny, can be serious when needed, smart, come with a great ide in a critical moment, and stick to one women all his life. 

the last scene also was a troll, KES really wanna make a comical scene. well i'm not Canadian so i don't know is there an active volcano or not but i believe KES wouldn't make a script without any research before,even Daniel wedding invitation wrote Saturday 31 December. in real life yes it is Saturday also, i mean even for a trivial thing they make it as detail as possible that's why i found last scene was funny. 

i really need Jin Goo in rom-com drama, in last ep i saw him smiling a lot. he must be cute in a rom-com drama.

• Like 7

For those who are looking for a timeline of filming, there is a baidu thread which is trying to put it together. Those who don't understand mandarin can still scroll to see the order of the photos. Be forewarned that it is a long thread peppered with lots of comments in between. But it was a commendable effort I must say. 

Interesting tibit I picked out from there - the car window kiss was the first. Not the wine kiss. 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4438681246?lp=5028&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=1&pn=0&

• Like 11

5 hours ago, SkyKid said:

I have one question to ask, since I watched ep 16 with Chinese sub, then English and both are not my native, I don't really understand the line "my best, your glance" using in camping scene and at KMY's house ^^ what does it mean? 

5 hours ago, barneybaby said:

Actually i don't quite get the line "my best, your glance" too. have to re-watch again for the XXX times to understand...y i keep have to repeat so many times for a scene! kekeke

I don't understand Korean myself, but I've come to deduce that "my best, your glance" refers to the way they resolve problems in their relationship:

• When YSJ is asking for forgiveness, he will offer up his best apology, such as a joke, a piece of good news (promotion!) or a gift (the necklace) in hopes that she will forgive him.
  • When KMY is asking for forgiveness, she will give him her most adorable look, such as fluttering her eyelashes and putting her hands under her face like a doll.

It's a really cute way of settling their problems but I must say that it's unrealistic - not everyone is blessed with YSJ's wits or KMY's beauty! :lol: So other couples out there, if you're thinking of following in their footsteps, please don't...

• Like 19

58 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

IMPORTANT POST COMING UP:

We need to talk about Private (Now Staff Sergeant) Puppy. I think that he's the most important character in the entire story. Wait, before you all tell me that I'm wrong, I will make my point by saying that if it hadn't been because of him, none of the story would have happened: if Kim Ki Bum had not stolen the coupons and the scooter in order to pay to get out of his gang, he would have never met Dae-young. Therefore, he would have never stolen his phone, and Dae-young would not have forced Shi-jin to accompany him to the hospital to retrieve it and, consequently, Shi-jin would have never met Mo-yeon. 

See? His existence and his actions were essential for basically everything that's happened in this drama. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure he is second to none when it comes to character development. He went from being a beaten up stray drop out puppy to becoming a high school graduate who is now a non-commissioned officer from the Republic of Korea Army. How badass is that?

So, please show your respect to this fine army man:

Who now even has his own minions subordinates:

MODERATOR EDIT: Don't quote pictures, gifs or videos!

Words cannot express how incredibly proud I am of him. :wub: 

하사 김기범, 감사합니다 !!

I think you have a point there...the story begins with Kim Ki Bum....

• Like 2

Hi Chingu deul, i'm wondering if there's any Kissing BTS or not? I would love to see the behind scenes of SJ and MY's kissing. Do let me know if there are.....ok I better go and ask Uncle Google now....Annyeong!

• Like 3

Is it only me who wants to give more justice & emphasis to #GooWon couple love story... why is it always Yoon Myung Ju who has the upper hand in their relationship...I hope there's a scene where Seo Dae Young shows his aggressive side towards her...You know what I mean :tounge_wink:..Well at least I'm satisfied that both of our couples had their Happy Ending... Lookin' forward for the Epilogue episode....

vlcsnap-2016-04-15-22h35m37s835.jpg

• Like 10

@stitch09

To be honest, one of the things I appreciated the most about our two main couples was that there was some sort of balance between them. They did have their up and downs and they there were points in their respective relationships when one did have the upper hand in regards to the other, but overall, I feel that both of the couples were formed by equal partners. In the case of Dae-young and Myeong-joo, the way I read their relationship is by separating their professional and personal lives. 

In the former, Myeong-joo is the superior officer, and therefore she does have the upper hand there and, unfortunately, we did see her at first abusing that power by giving Dae-young a hard time ordering him unreasonable things. I say unfortunately, because what I saw her doing was more an act of desperation due to the fact that, in their personal lives, he clearly had the upper hand as he was the one who decided to stay away from her (of course, pressured by Daddy Yoon) and Myeong-joo often found herself pretty powerless to persuade Dae-young that as long as they loved each other, they could have a future together. 

His constant running away from her made her frustrated enough for her to start blurring the line between the professional and personal lives, which led to her pulling rank in order to get his attention. I understand that it was his sense of honour that prevented him from pursuing her and I do feel that his attitude was the right one given the circumstances, but I also feel that he underestimated Myeong-joo's feelings for him, as well as her own strength of character. 

This struggle aside, I love the fact that when she's in Doctor/Lieutenant mode, she's as tough as nails, but she can also be a cute little angel (her words, not mine) when she's in private mode. Same thing happens to Dae-young who, in spite of his Wolf appearance, he's got a heart as soft as a marshmallow, and those dancing moves...I don't really know what to make of them...

That picture you posted says it all, methinks...LOL.

• Like 21