[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

OMG Knetizens puuhleezzz stop with all the whining and the blablabla...... what is it that they want??? so double standard like OMG... this is the build up of the real love story of Yoo Shi Jin and Kang Mo Yeon... they like each other that soon like hello who doesn't? both are beautiful and single and they experience something that made them special to each other.. I mean.. I never seen an Army officer spent a whole day in a hospital only for helping a citizen (who stole a motorbike) and he saw how brave and awesome Dr Kang is with the accident patient she literally on the top of her trying to stop her from bleeding to death.. AWESOME!  

About the phone number... I think with what has happened between them, of course an exchange number is pretty much done.. and the fact that Yoo was so frickin' smitten by Kang (like seeing an angel from paradise for the first time while normally he saw bombarded houses and ruined war zone) he won't miss the chance to approach the beautiful and witty doctor Kang.. he's a soldier and time is precious for him.. when he asked her do you like me or not.... that's actually pretty normal in a life of a soldier. 

This is not your typical romance mellow drama with handsome chaebol heir falls for a commoners and the parents againts them... this is NOT.  We will see a love journey of Yoo and Kang and what makes them become one.. in LOVE and DEDICATION to their country and humanity... 

That's it and I will definetely watch my newly upgraded VIKI after work.... DotS SARANGEYO!!!!!!

• Like 18
  • Awesome 1

@mktb im not really sure about what happen from ep 1, i just watch from youtube clips.hohoho not the entire ep 1. But its seems the couple already close from begining. And maybe your right about SHK character, for me she act like, innoncent girl and naive. So she might not realize the good side from SJK toward her because he had interest. Even from preview, i saw how SJK act toward her and SHK just act like naive woman. Hohoho

• Like 7

In kdramas, when do we ever witness an actual phone number exchanged between two people? I guess that’s for our imagination to just consider it was done. That’d be stretching it out a bit if they go into that much detail. Besides, that’s the least of my concerns. I say if he was asking her on a second date during the rooftop scene, it’s not rushed at all. In real life, when you like someone and you’re bold enough, you pursue them. Evidently, we have a very bold Captain Yoo Shi Jin. As far as Dr. Kang Mo Yeon, she too cannot resist an attractive charming soldier. Heck, I don’t blame her!

I like the idea of their love setting place in Korea and inevitably they part ways and meet again. I'm sure their relationship isn't going to be all fluff and rainbows. We better enjoy it now while it last before we start missing it. Because I know our OTP will go through a shift to angst and struggles and bumping heads before we get to see them giddy like this again. Judging from the teasers and how they become almost merely strangers when they meet again in Uruk, it's evident they probably called it quits. The thought of what's in store for us takes me on a spin. I'm so excited and ready for it all!

If there's any truth to that number in regards to the rating, I'm so happy! Glad to see chinese fans enjoying it. I'm with them on that! Song Joong Ki is so hot! :) 

• Like 19

My internet went down so couldn't watch it live. It was better than I thought it would be. The dialogue was crackling and super wry.  At times, it reminded me of the Hong sisters.  For example, at the end, SJK character didn't really ask directly whether SHK character liked him or not, the way it seems to have been interpreted here.  He apologized that circumstances artist and he had to take a rain check on their date. She saw the helicopter coming and said it must be an emergency do they have to move out of the way. He said no, they are coming for me. She goes, why you, omg, are we at war? He smiles and says somewhere there is and that he will explain it all later. Then hee looked at her and grabbed her shoulders, saying time is short now, but he promised to come back in a week and whether she will go out to a movie with him then. She looked bewildered. He says, maybe here time is short, I have to go (i am doing all this from memory). Then comes the phrase "like or hate", which in context refers to his proposal for a movie date. But there is the underlying innuendo of do you like me or not.  It's th is double entendre that reminds me of the Hong sisters.

The boys scenes were full of great dialogue too.  I have to get back to work unfortunately. I can't wait to see episode two although that will have to wait a while for me. Alas.

Edited by miri13
Typo
  • Like 19

They didn't exchange numbers. She got it, probably from his medical file for the appointment. At least that is what SJK suggests.

I think SHK character ( because I can't recall their names) is intrigued by SJK due to their past history of JW "stealing" away the guy she liked in the past.  And there was some confusion as to who is JW's boyfriend at first. That is why when JW bad mouthed the men, HK said that was a good enough for her. Your enemy is my friend type of thing.

• Like 14

Last comment before I really do have to go, I saw lots of comments on Naver and Nate that are far more positive than any misgivings. Yes, there are comments that day the story is to fast or childish, but a lot more talking about how they were mesmerized and didn't realize how fast the hour went and their like the mystery aspect as well as the dynamic chemistry of the leads. I am not sure where people are reading the netizen comments.  

• Like 15

@miri13 Awesome! That is so so helpful! Funny how we all went on tangents over assumptions we made because we overestimated our understanding of Korean ha ha ha! I see, so Kang Mo Yeon has a hidden agenda and that's what caused her to be intrigued by Yoo Shi Jin. Interesting. Little does she know, she set her own trap and is going to be head over heels in no time. Now I wonder, will that unfold and be the reason for their breakup? Golly I'm dying for the next episode. I, too, felt like the hour went by too fast. 

• Like 9

Thank you so much for the recaps, pics and gifs.  I still haven't had a chance to see the whole episode yet.  Was trying to livestream it, but it was lagging so much that I gave up.  Waiting for Viki to finish subbing it first before watching it.  I'm actually very excited about how the other 75% of the drama will pan out.  All we saw up to so far from the trailers and teasers are just scenes from the first 4 episodes. 

Thanks @miri13 and @tw20127, thanks for giving us an update regarding the comments by K-netz.  From reading the Chinese comments on weibo and baidu, most of them are praises, especially on how handsome and beautiful SJK and SHK are :P.  Like I said before, I think this drama will be a big hit with the Chinese audience.  It's still sitting at the number 2 spot on weibo's hot topic.

Kyo updated her Instagram with this pic :)

12751409_439058219626937_2049480916_n.jp

Some gifs:

69aa4032jw1f1atjiniy4g20l90btx6s.gif69aa4032jw1f1atqsubh1g20l90bt7wn.gif

cr to weibo

• Like 20

'Descendants of the Sun' begins with Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo's first encounter like a destiny'

photo693580.jpg

The first episode of the highly anticipated Wednesday & Thursday drama, KBS 2TV's 'Descendants of the Sun' was broadcast on February 24th.

When Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and Seo Dae-yeong (Jin Goo) bumped into a pickpocket, the two brought the thief under control. As the pickpocket was injured during the struggle, they applied first aid and brought him to the hospital. The doctor who treated the pickpocket was Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo).

Later, as Seo Dae-yeong realized his cellphone had been stolen by the pickpocket, they came back to the hospital. And this was how the two, Yoo Si-jin and Kang Mo-yeon met for the first time like a destiny.

'Descendants of the Sun' is a melodrama at the scale of a blockbuster film delivering the true meaning of life through the romance and success story by young soldiers and military doctors working in a remote place under the extreme conditions. The drama is broadcast at 10 PM every Wednesday & Thursday.

• Like 13

'Descendants of the Sun' begins with Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo's first encounter like a destiny

Spoiler

photo693580.jpg

The first episode of the highly anticipated Wednesday & Thursday drama, KBS 2TV's 'Descendants of the Sun' was broadcast on February 24th.

When Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and Seo Dae-yeong (Jin Goo) bumped into a pickpocket, the two brought the thief under control. As the pickpocket was injured during the struggle, they applied first aid and brought him to the hospital. The doctor who treated the pickpocket was Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo).

Later, as Seo Dae-yeong realized his cellphone had been stolen by the pickpocket, they came back to the hospital. And this was how the two, Yoo Si-jin and Kang Mo-yeon met for the first time like a destiny.

'Descendants of the Sun' is a melodrama at the scale of a blockbuster film delivering the true meaning of life through the romance and success story by young soldiers and military doctors working in a remote place under the extreme conditions. The drama is broadcast at 10 PM every Wednesday & Thursday.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-descendants-of-the-sun-begins-with-song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyo-s-first-encounter-like-a-destiny-91744.html

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!

• Like 9

Watch: EXO’s Chen and Punch’s “Everytime” MV for “Descendants of the Sun” OST Released

Watch: EXO’s Chen and Punch’s “Everytime” MV for “Descendants of the Sun” OST Released

The second OST track from “Descendants of the Sun” has been released.

“Everytime” is sung by EXO‘s Chen and rookie female singer Punch, and talks about truthfully confessing one’s love. The combination of romantic lyrics, an upbeat melody, and the two singers’ sweet voices instantly captivates listeners. The song has already over taken the charts, taking the number one spot on several music streaming sites.

Reflecting the song’s lyrics, the music video shows the scenes of the blossoming love between Yoo Shi Jin (Song Joong Ki) and Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo), such as the two going on a movie date, and him visiting her at the hospital.

Cr-soompi

• Like 12

Million thanks to all the recappers, screencappers and everyone for doing an amazing job on keeping us updated with ep 1 :wub:

havent gotten to watch the pilot ep just yet but already done backtracking here. Judging on most of your comments and the high ranking DOTs has landed on all kinds of chart, I think we started off pretty good. I can see why some people weren't satisfied with how thE story has been executed. 20 minutes in and the love line already blossomed, can tell it's moving pretty fast causing people to find it hard to catch on. Plus, this episode covered almost half of the teasers have been released, and we expected to see more than that. So that's that. I think although the love line seems to develope already, there will be a lot of twists and turns separating the two (yea i'm preparing myself for that). Moreover, I think the story will be focused and shown with different aspects on the battle field, so the writer probably wanted to set off the foundation for the two and get it out of the way first. So far i'm pretty content with how thing has progressed. Gotta watch the episode for myself tho.

And oh mah, SJK you're just getting hotter and hotter why don't you. :wub::wub::wub:

Hi there @jeonghyang i'm so happy seeing you here, reminds me of the old good times we had on Nice Guy thread

@mellinadear I see you here gurly *hugs*

• Like 16

Ok, I found the first 5mins pretty boring, but after that (especially the encounters between SJK and SHK) were very captivating. I must say, SJK has the best male lead character of Kim Eun Sook works. He is a mix of a decent Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin in the Heirs), and his playboy smile and hotness has won me over after glimpsing his sexy smile. So it's no wonder MY fell for him that quick. Also, I really love the cinematography, you can clearly see its excellent!

The only thing that isnt working for me is Kim Ji Won as an adult surgeon. She looks like a college kid, so I wished they had chosen someone older for her role (I dont dislike the actress!).

Hope ratings are high!

• Like 7

Song Joong Ki Sends Food Truck for Cast and Crew of “Signal”

Song Joong Ki Sends Food Truck for Cast and Crew of “Signal”
Spoiler

Actor Song Joong Ki has given the gift of hot and delicious food to the cast and crew of the drama “Signal”!

On February 24, the company Churro King uploaded a photo to Instagram of their food truck that Song Joong Ki had sent to the set of “Signal.” They write in the caption, “Song Joong Ki has expressed his thanks to ‘Signal’’s director Kim Won Seok and director of photography Choi Sang Mook. He’s such an angel to send a present like this to his directors that he worked with in the past!!”

“Thanks to Song Joong Ki, many people who were working outside on this particularly cold day were able to warm up with a hot snack,” they write. “We’ll be sure to watch your upcoming drama ‘Descendants of the Sun.’”

Song Joong Ki previously worked with Kim Won Seok on the 2010 drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” and with Choi Sang Mook on the 2012 film “A Werewolf Boy.”

Song Joong Ki is currently starring alongside Song Hye Kyo in the new drama “Descendants of the Sun,” which airs every Wednesday and Thursday on KBS2. Catch the latest episode on Viki!

SOOMPI

• Like 8