SHIPPERS' CONTEST (yes, we're doing it again!)

melkimx

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear mods/admin

Regarding round 2 - essay:

The task is:

• Round 2 (essay):
    • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other

Now, it has been years since I wrote an essay (mostly academic essays), but I am pretty sure that a typical essay has these factors: introduction, arguments, data, counterarguments and conclusion. I am having a hard time figuring out how we can write an essay with the topic "Describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other."
      I think that a short story (fiction) sounds like a better option for this topic. No? How can we present arguments and counterarguments for something so fictional as "a day in the life of couple X?" Maybe I am taking the word "essay" too seriously?

Hope that you can help me out with this :)

anniepanda said: Dear mods/admin

Regarding round 2 - essay:

The task is:

• Round 2 (essay):
  • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other

• Now, it has been years since I wrote an essay (mostly academic essays), but I am pretty sure that a typical essay has these factors: introduction, arguments, data, counterarguments and conclusion. I am having a hard time figuring out how we can write an essay with the topic "Describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other."
    I think that a short story (fiction) sounds like a better option for this topic. No? How can we present arguments and counterarguments for something so fictional as "a day in the life of couple X?" Maybe I am taking the word "essay" too seriously?

Hope that you can help me out with this :)
    Haha, I forgot that's what they teach in school! Maybe instead of "essay" I should have just said "written entry." I definitely didn't mean that it had to be a persuasive formal essay that you would typically write in school. It could be a story, like a fanfic, or it could be an opinion piece, like "If this couple were married, this is how I think they would be together."

mingming93 said: Since I think a lot of non-soompiers are spamming the voting, I would like to ask how you're going to take the spams out? For example, I voted then spammed for three times, will my first vote be taken out too? Typically it's based on IP, so if we see someone from one IP that's voted for one couple 50 or 500 times in an hour, that's not legitimate, and we'll remove the whole thing. We may even blacklist the voter if he or she is spamming way too much. I just removed some spam now so you can see the results. 

mingming93 said: melkimx said: mingming93 said: Since I think a lot of non-soompiers are spamming the voting, I would like to ask how you're going to take the spams out? For example, I voted then spammed for three times, will my first vote be taken out too? Typically it's based on IP, so if we see someone from one IP that's voted for one couple 50 or 500 times in an hour, that's not legitimate, and we'll remove the whole thing. We may even blacklist the voter if he or she is spamming way too much. I just removed some spam now so you can see the results.  Wait, so if we happened to vote twice within 6 hours, it would taken out? Honestly, I shouldn't say this, but if you vote twice within six hours, it probably wouldn't be taken out. We're getting such a high volume that it would be very difficult for us to go down to that level of removing one single spam vote, and anyway we can't 100% guarantee that these votes are not legitimate, so we wouldn't want to take action anyway. But if it gets to the point where we're seeing dozens of votes for the same couple coming in from a single source, that's what we're able to pinpoint and remove.

ok. i am gonna sulk now.. coz t thread closed on me as i relogged in n was about to post with an infant at hand n a virus infected laptop. does this happen to everyone? like seriously!  [-( it would hav been ok if i hadnt wrkd so hard while i should have just been mommy to my newborn! :(

R

oyalMInShin said:

이  민  호     

LEE MIN HO    image     PARK SHIN HYE                                                image

박      신      혜                                                                27yrs               24yrs                                                                                       MODEL|ACTOR|SINGER

MINSHIN                                                             

MinShin may have been a ship for years in the making. When Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye first met in 2009, they were youthful and fresh – the perfect embodiments of young talent. Little did anyone know that only four years after their first encounter, they would stand as two of the biggest and brightest stars in the industry, conquering hearts all over the world. And little did anyone know that they would meet again as man and woman, and capture each other’s hearts, too.

ETUDE 2009 - He was coy. She was full of joy.

"This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flower when next we meet." - ROMEO AND JULIET

He was the confident gentleman. She followed his lead. - HEIRS 2013

MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM - "If then true lovers has ever been crossed, it stands as an edict in destiny."

When two huge fandoms collide, it can only give birth to one of the biggest ships ever. The magnetic chemistry of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye cannot be denied, and the ever-growing Minshin community is a testament to that.They continue to breathe life into the hearts of their fans in everything they do. And a year later despite a denied rumor, endless talks of broken relationships, their mere mention and support of each other are greater things. And every little moment shared between the two of them is a lasting memory for those of us who continue to believe that beyond the fame and the cameras, is a real life couple who are getting to know each other more and more. As Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang walked hand in hand, Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye are walking along, jik jin, for 10 yrs, 20yrs and forever.

MINSHIN                                                                                                                                crown couple the hallyu king and queen                                                 the pouty adorkable penguin couple

Quotes                                                                           " KIM TAN is LEE MIN HO
                                                          LEE MIN HO is KIM TAN "                                                                                                                                                                    " PARK SHIN HYE is CHA EUN SANG                                                                                                                                                                                                             CHA EUN SANG is PARK SHIN HYE "   
I want to take this oppurtunity to properly thank Eun Sang for accepting me" - LEE MIN HO
" I came for KIM TAN" - PARK SHIN HYE
JIK JIN " - LEE MIN HO

Oh man... I'm so sorry it didn't post on time T_T
I saw that the MinYoung couple posted before the deadline, so I've added them to the article and edited the poll. You might have to do a hard refresh, but you should be able to vote for them now.

Guest uctqepe

Dear admin @melkimx‌

I sent u message ysterday, to kindly ask ur help to change the Healer couple's name in the voting page, to be Ji Chang Wook and Park Min You.. Without any fandom (Healer couple/Changmin), many fans find it difficult to promote the voting.. Hopefully you can help us wit this.

Thank you soooo much!!

Guest lostinjane

Dear Admin @melkimx or Mod @angelangie
I would like to know if we have to pass the first round to do the second round :) (sorry for my ignorance it is the first time doing this kind of thing)
and if the essay should be posted before 12 pm KST time of 18 of feb.
i think it is like that, but it is better to be sure
Thank you for your info.

Guest freakhanis

angelangie said: scuttler said: Just curious, you say that two couples will be from popular votes and the other two would be chosen by the staff. How would that work? Are there criteria that you guys will be going off of? Thank you!

Archived