Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melkimx

SHIPPERS' CONTEST (yes, we're doing it again!)

Guest lostinjane

Dear Admin @melkimx or Mod @angelangie
I would like to know if we have to pass the first round to do the second round :) (sorry for my ignorance it is the first time doing this kind of thing)
and if the essay should be posted before 12 pm KST time of 18 of feb.
i think it is like that, but it is better to be sure
Thank you for your info.

Guest freakhanis

angelangie said: scuttler said: Just curious, you say that two couples will be from popular votes and the other two would be chosen by the staff. How would that work? Are there criteria that you guys will be going off of? Thank you!

Guest uctqepe

ebullient said: R E M I N D E R

The deadline to post entries for Round 2 will be 2/19 (end of day - midnight - KST).

freakhanis said: angelangie said: scuttler said: Just curious, you say that two couples will be from popular votes and the other two would be chosen by the staff. How would that work? Are there criteria that you guys will be going off of? Thank you! that will depends on the introduction and all the works will be taken into account, we will votes among the staff itself that how it will work, you can only win in either category, and not in both, so which means if the popular couples is winning by votes, they will not be consider by the staff
Dear Admin,
In regards to the above, can you explain how winners will be chosen? Coz we are under the impression that we have to be on the Top 4 from Round 1 poll to get through to the Round 2. But according to above statement, it seems like the grand winner will be chosen 2 by Soompi staffs and 2 from the overall winner from the public poll. Can you please shed the light on this. Thank you. as stated

This contest will have TWO CATEGORIES OF WINNERS: overall fan vote and staff pick.

2 from fans votes & 2 from Staff pick, the one which is at the top 2 will automatically be remove from the list of the staff pick, which means we will pick which 2 that will appeal to our sense just like last year.

however instead of 1 from each categories like last year, this year we will have 2 winners from each category.

Guest mingming93

angelangie said: freakhanis said: angelangie said: scuttler said: Just curious, you say that two couples will be from popular votes and the other two would be chosen by the staff. How would that work? Are there criteria that you guys will be going off of? Thank you!

mingming93 said: angelangie said: freakhanis said: angelangie said: scuttler said: Just curious, you say that two couples will be from popular votes and the other two would be chosen by the staff. How would that work? Are there criteria that you guys will be going off of? Thank you! that will depends on the introduction and all the works will be taken into account, we will votes among the staff itself that how it will work, you can only win in either category, and not in both, so which means if the popular couples is winning by votes, they will not be consider by the staff
Dear Admin,
In regards to the above, can you explain how winners will be chosen? Coz we are under the impression that we have to be on the Top 4 from Round 1 poll to get through to the Round 2. But according to above statement, it seems like the grand winner will be chosen 2 by Soompi staffs and 2 from the overall winner from the public poll. Can you please shed the light on this. Thank you. as stated

This contest will have TWO CATEGORIES OF WINNERS: overall fan vote and staff pick.

2 from fans votes & 2 from Staff pick, the one which is at the top 2 will automatically be remove from the list of the staff pick, which means we will pick which 2 that will appeal to our sense just like last year.

however instead of 1 from each categories like last year, this year we will have 2 winners from each category.

I think she's asking about how many teams will be able to go to round 2. Whether getting into round two depends solely on the online votes or whether you'd also choose deserving groups to go to the second round. Because our team is under the impression that the top 4 according to the online votes would enter round 2. all participants in Round 1 are qualified into Round 2

Guest Tinkiebell

Hi @ebullient and @angelangie , so just to recap what I understood so far:
1. There will be no elimination at all in all four rounds and that all 9 participants will go all the way to round 4.2. The final voting mechanics will be based on the accumulated votes collected in each round.3. Each voting round will allow non-soompiers to vote as well.4. Of the 9 participants there will be a total of 4 winners; Top 2 from the poll, and 2 staff picked. 
Please correct me if I'm wrong?
And one more thing, will the 4 final winners from the two categories still be divided between the two tracks as previously stated in the first post of this thread?

This contest will have TWO TRACKS: long-time couples, and those couples whose threads were started after January 1, 2014.

Thank you so much in advance.

Tinkiebell said: Please correct me if I'm wrong?
And one more thing, will the 4 final winners from the two categories still be divided between the two tracks as previously stated in the first post of this thread?

This contest will have TWO TRACKS: long-time couples, and those couples whose threads were started after January 1, 2014.

Thank you so much in advance. The TWO TRACKS component will not be applicable. The threads of 9 couples that entered the contest were ALL started after January 1, 2014.

• Round 2 (essay):
  • Entry period: 2/18-19
  • Voting period: 2/19-2/23
  • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!i want to ask about the date soompi will publish article for voting. is it 19 or is it 20?

starletjul said:

• Round 2 (essay):
    • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!i want to ask about the date soompi will publish article for voting. is it 19 or is it 20? Voting for the second round will be done by members clicking either INSIGHTFUL, AWESOME, or LOL in the Round 2 thread for one of their favorite couples.

ebullient said: starletjul said:

• Round 2 (essay):
  • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!i want to ask about the date soompi will publish article for voting. is it 19 or is it 20?

starletjul said: ebullient said: starletjul said:

• Round 2 (essay):
    • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!i want to ask about the date soompi will publish article for voting. is it 19 or is it 20? Voting for the second round will be done by members clicking either INSIGHTFUL, AWESOME, or LOL in the Round 2 thread for one of their favorite couples.
      so, only for soompiers? thank you for the information :o For now, yes.

Guest freakhanis

Dear admin...
Regarding the voting system in Round 2, in my previous question I have specifically asked about it, below was my question and answer given,
Dear admin,Our non-soompier voters need a clarification because they are now very excited .do they have to open soompi account to vote for the next rounds? @freakhanis no you dont need soompi acc to votes, as stated we allowed soompi users and non soompi users to vote This question was posted on 15/2 during Round 1 period and I have specifically mention about 'next rounds' (refering to Round 2,3, and 4) and as according to the reply, our non-soompi voters could also vote without an account. We are now very confuse when you mentioned that the Round 2 is limited to Soompi members only. Can you please clarify this since our couple is relatively new and our Soompi members are not as many compared to our non-soompi voters out there, we feel that we might be on the disadvantage side. 

Guest Tinkiebell

freakhanis said: Dear admin...
Regarding the voting system in Round 2, in my previous question I have specifically asked about it, below was my question and answer given,
Dear admin,Our non-soompier voters need a clarification because they are now very excited .do they have to open soompi account to vote for the next rounds? @freakhanis no you dont need soompi acc to votes, as stated we allowed soompi users and non soompi users to vote This question was posted on 15/2 during Round 1 period and I have specifically mention about 'next rounds' (refering to Round 2,3, and 4) and as according to the reply, our non-soompi voters could also vote without an account. We are now very confuse when you mentioned that the Round 2 only limited to Soompi members only. Can you please clarify this since our couple is relatively new and our Soompi members are not as many compared to our non-soompi voters out there, we feel that we might be on the disadvantage side. 
I was also under the impression that non-soompiers are allowed to vote based on the answer to @freakhanis' question.

Guest mingming93

Dear admins/mods,
Our written entry is exactly 2,000 words right now and we're currently in a dilemma regarding the header and the footnote which we saw the SoLim team include. With the header and footnote, our entry will be 2,015 words. Do the header and footnote count in the 2,000 word limit? I hope you understand my question well.

Guest uctqepe

Dear Moderator and Admin, 
we would like to avoid tight deadline from our side, can i ask about round three?? 
1. Are all entries will be eligible to participate in round 3 as well? 2. For the fanart, can it be edited (photoshopped) from drama? or does it have to be originally created from scratch, like original drawing, and stuffs? 

Thank youuuu!!