SHIPPERS' CONTEST (yes, we're doing it again!)

melkimx

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tinkiebell

Hi @ebullient and @angelangie , so just to recap what I understood so far:
1. There will be no elimination at all in all four rounds and that all 9 participants will go all the way to round 4.2. The final voting mechanics will be based on the accumulated votes collected in each round.3. Each voting round will allow non-soompiers to vote as well.4. Of the 9 participants there will be a total of 4 winners; Top 2 from the poll, and 2 staff picked. 
Please correct me if I'm wrong?
And one more thing, will the 4 final winners from the two categories still be divided between the two tracks as previously stated in the first post of this thread?

This contest will have TWO TRACKS: long-time couples, and those couples whose threads were started after January 1, 2014.

Thank you so much in advance.

Tinkiebell said: Please correct me if I'm wrong?
And one more thing, will the 4 final winners from the two categories still be divided between the two tracks as previously stated in the first post of this thread?

This contest will have TWO TRACKS: long-time couples, and those couples whose threads were started after January 1, 2014.

Thank you so much in advance. The TWO TRACKS component will not be applicable. The threads of 9 couples that entered the contest were ALL started after January 1, 2014.

• Round 2 (essay):
  • Entry period: 2/18-19
  • Voting period: 2/19-2/23
  • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!i want to ask about the date soompi will publish article for voting. is it 19 or is it 20?

starletjul said:

• Round 2 (essay):
    • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!i want to ask about the date soompi will publish article for voting. is it 19 or is it 20? Voting for the second round will be done by members clicking either INSIGHTFUL, AWESOME, or LOL in the Round 2 thread for one of their favorite couples.

starletjul said: ebullient said: starletjul said:

• Round 2 (essay):
    • Explanation: 2000 words maximum describing a day in the life of your couple... if they were married to each other!i want to ask about the date soompi will publish article for voting. is it 19 or is it 20? Voting for the second round will be done by members clicking either INSIGHTFUL, AWESOME, or LOL in the Round 2 thread for one of their favorite couples.
      so, only for soompiers? thank you for the information :o For now, yes.

Guest freakhanis

Dear admin...
    Regarding the voting system in Round 2, in my previous question I have specifically asked about it, below was my question and answer given,
    Dear admin,Our non-soompier voters need a clarification because they are now very excited .do they have to open soompi account to vote for the next rounds? @freakhanis no you dont need soompi acc to votes, as stated we allowed soompi users and non soompi users to vote This question was posted on 15/2 during Round 1 period and I have specifically mention about 'next rounds' (refering to Round 2,3, and 4) and as according to the reply, our non-soompi voters could also vote without an account. We are now very confuse when you mentioned that the Round 2 is limited to Soompi members only. Can you please clarify this since our couple is relatively new and our Soompi members are not as many compared to our non-soompi voters out there, we feel that we might be on the disadvantage side. 

Guest Tinkiebell

freakhanis said: Dear admin...
    Regarding the voting system in Round 2, in my previous question I have specifically asked about it, below was my question and answer given,
    Dear admin,Our non-soompier voters need a clarification because they are now very excited .do they have to open soompi account to vote for the next rounds? @freakhanis no you dont need soompi acc to votes, as stated we allowed soompi users and non soompi users to vote This question was posted on 15/2 during Round 1 period and I have specifically mention about 'next rounds' (refering to Round 2,3, and 4) and as according to the reply, our non-soompi voters could also vote without an account. We are now very confuse when you mentioned that the Round 2 only limited to Soompi members only. Can you please clarify this since our couple is relatively new and our Soompi members are not as many compared to our non-soompi voters out there, we feel that we might be on the disadvantage side. 
    I was also under the impression that non-soompiers are allowed to vote based on the answer to @freakhanis' question.

Guest mingming93

Dear admins/mods,
    Our written entry is exactly 2,000 words right now and we're currently in a dilemma regarding the header and the footnote which we saw the SoLim team include. With the header and footnote, our entry will be 2,015 words. Do the header and footnote count in the 2,000 word limit? I hope you understand my question well.

Guest uctqepe

Dear Moderator and Admin, 
    we would like to avoid tight deadline from our side, can i ask about round three?? 
    1. Are all entries will be eligible to participate in round 3 as well? 2. For the fanart, can it be edited (photoshopped) from drama? or does it have to be originally created from scratch, like original drawing, and stuffs? 

Thank youuuu!! 

Dear moderators/admins,

For the fanarts and fanvids for round 4 and round 5, can we use ready made one as long as the owner/creator of the fanart/fanvis is one of us (our fandom members)?

When i say ready made, the fanarts/fanvids were already published to the public before.

Guest Tinkiebell

Hi there @angelangie ,
    Do you already have any updates regarding the file size limit of the animated gifs allowed for the Fan Art round?
    Thank you so much in advance.

mingming93 said: Dear admins/mods,
    Our written entry is exactly 2,000 words right now and we're currently in a dilemma regarding the header and the footnote which we saw the SoLim team include. With the header and footnote, our entry will be 2,015 words. Do the header and footnote count in the 2,000 word limit? I hope you understand my question well. I think that header and footnote words do not count towards the 2,000 word count limit because they do not contribute to the essay's overall content.
    uctqepe said: Dear Moderator and Admin, 
    we would like to avoid tight deadline from our side, can i ask about round three?? 
    1. Are all entries will be eligible to participate in round 3 as well? 
    Thank youuuu!!  All couples will proceed to Round 3, but Round 4 will be reserved for finalists only. The number of finalists is to be determined.

U P D A T E

1. All couples will proceed to Round 2 and Round 3, both of which will permit Soompiers to vote by clicking on either INSIGHTFUL, AWESOME, or LOL. (Non-Soompiers will not be able to vote).
    2. Only finalists will proceed to Round 4; voting will be done on an article posted to the news site. (Soompiers and non-Soompiers will be able to vote).

U P D A T E

1. All couples will proceed to Round 2 and Round 3, both of which will permit Soompiers to vote by clicking on either INSIGHTFUL, AWESOME, or LOL. (Non-Soompiers will not be able to vote).

2. Only finalists will proceed to Round 4; voting will be done on an article posted to the news site. (Soompiers and non-Soompiers will be able to vote).

@‌‌ebullient

Dear moderator

For the fanarts and fanvids for round 3 and round 4, can we use ready made one as long as the owner/creator of the fanart/fanvis is one of us (our fandom members) and/or their work is credited?

When i say ready made, the fanarts/fanvids were already published to the public before.

Guest lostinjane

Dear Moderator/ Admin
    i would like to know what you consider fanart, only fan made drawing or can photoshopped image of the couple be considered as such?
    and can we use the ones we already made and shared within our thread?
    thank you

If I'm not mistaken, everything can be considered fanart as long as it's an artwork made by a fan of that couple, right?
    So digital painting (graphics, photo edit etc), drawings, painting, sculpting, knitting etc are all artworks (it's kinda hard to judge what's a piece of art and what's not) and will be considered fanarts as long as we have made them and they must have something to do with the couple we are promoting.
    Or have I misunderstood something? :)

TwinkleWinks said:

U P D A T E

@‌‌ebullient Dear moderator For the fanarts and fanvids for round 3 and round 4, can we use ready made one as long as the owner/creator of the fanart/fanvis is one of us (our fandom members) and/or their work is credited? When i say ready made, the fanarts/fanvids were already published to the public before. lostinjane said: Dear Moderator/ Admin
    i would like to know what you consider fanart, only fan made drawing or can photoshopped image of the couple be considered as such?
    and can we use the ones we already made and shared within our thread?
    thank you
    anniepanda said: If I'm not mistaken, everything can be considered fanart as long as it's an artwork made by a fan of that couple, right?
    So digital painting (graphics, photo edit etc), drawings, painting, sculpting, knitting etc are all artworks (it's kinda hard to judge what's a piece of art and what's not) and will be considered fanarts as long as we have made them and they must have something to do with the couple we are promoting.
    Or have I misunderstood something? :)
    Fanarts comprise of fan-made artworks, such as paintings, drawings, photo edits, gifs, wallpapers, banners, and etc. relevant to the couples that you're promoting. We're still discussing whether to require original or pre-made fanarts, and I'll keep you guys posted once I receive further clarification from @melkimx. However, I think that it'd be more meaningful to create original and new fanarts to enter the contest.

I'm sure that the shippers love their favorite couples enough to unleash their artistic talents. Have fun, and be creative! :)

Archived