[Drama 2015] Angry Mom 앵그리맘

larus

It’s Every Bad Guy for Himself in “Angry Mom” Episode 15

It’s Every Bad Guy for Himself in “Angry Mom” Episode 15

For the majority of “Angry Mom,” Jo Kang Ja (Kim Hee Sun) has been fighting against a system that barely takes notice of her, in a society that doesn’t want to listen to her. But in the aftermath of last week’s tragedy, Kang Ja suddenly has countless supporters. She is no longer the only angry mom. Terrible as it is that Kang Ja, Noh Ah (Ji Hyun Woo), and their team of good guys are only starting to gain popular support after such a terrible event, it’s nonetheless heartening to see that there is a point at which society as a whole says, “Enough is enough.”

These were my five favorite scenes of “Angry Mom” episode 15:

1. A passionate prosecutor

It’s been a week since the school collapse, and the hearings to determine culpability have begun. New character Prosecutor Jung is in charge of pinning the perpetrators, and, luckily, it looks like he’s zealous in the pursuit of justice. “Angry Mom” is the kind of drama that teaches the viewer to be suspicious of everyone, so it’s nice to have a new player introduced who really does seem to be good.

angry mom prosecutor jung final

2. Sang Tae won’t be his father’s alibi

I love that the bad boys in this drama indicate their intention to become good by taking all of the product out of their hair. First Bok Dong (Ji Soo) let his formerly-slicked hair fall freely over his forehead, and now it’s Sang Tae’s turn. I also love how low-key this moment is. Sang Tae doesn’t dramatically denounce his father, he just refuses to let Chairman Hong use his son as an excuse. Sang Tae wasn’t injured in the collapse, and he won’t let his father pretend that he was.

angry mom group shot finalangry mom baro finalangry mom park young kyu final

3. Yi Kyung’s video finally comes to light

On the one hand, it’s so important that the video of Yi Kyung’s death is finally in the hands of people who will use it to punish her killer. On the other hand… I really wish Yi Kyung’s mother didn’t have to see her daughter’s last, terrified moments.

angry mom yi kyung's mom finalangry mom group shot 2 final

4. …did Ahn Dong Chil just do something good?

Honestly, I’m shocked. I know that bad guys betraying each other was the theme of this episode, but for Ahn Dong Chil to betray Chairman Hong in order to help Kang Ja… I didn’t see that coming. But it’s wonderfully sweet that Ah Ran (Kim Yoo Jung) was the one to say that Dong Chil could help. Their fragile, contentious connection is really fascinating.

angry mom kim hee won finalangry mom kim yoo jung finalangry mom park young kyu 2 finalangry mom kim hee sun final

5. Bok Dong takes the stand

It seems immensely unfair that the first thing Bok Dong has to do after waking up is to testify about Yi Kyung’s death. Discussing that event is just so clearly painful to him. But, of course, it’s so important that he publicly discloses the truth—by providing, through his words and Yi Kyung’s phone, the crucial evidence of Do Jung Woo’s guilt, Bok Dong can finally start to heal. He can atone for his role, however small, in Yi Kyung’s death.

angry mom ji soo finalangry mom kim tae hoon finalangry mom kim hee sun 2 finalangry mom ji hyun woo final

What did you think of last night’s episode of “Angry Mom”? What do you think will happen in tonight’s finale?

http://www.soompi.com/2015/05/07/its-every-bad-guy-for-himself-in-angry-mom-episode-15/

“Angry Mom” Episode 16–Is True Justice Possible?

“Angry Mom” Episode 16–Is True Justice Possible?

In the first episode of “Angry Mom,” Kang Ja (Kim Hee Sun) came face-to-face with a legal system that didn’t care about how much her daughter Ah Ran (Kim Yoo Jung) was suffering. In the finale of “Angry Mom,” that legal system finally turns its gaze on the adults who made Ah Ran’s life so miserable, and the result is a realistic, satisfying conclusion to Kang Ja’s story.

These were my five favorite scenes of “Angry Mom” episode 16:

1. Sang Tae reunites with his mother

It broke my heart to see Sang Tae and his mother apologizing for not being able to protect each other. Both of them have been victims of Hong Sang Bok, but they feel guilty for not being able to fight back. Neither of them deserves to feel like that, but it’s totally understandable that they would.

angry mom kim seo ran baro finalangry mom kim seo ran finalangry mom baro final

2. A mother’s duty

This short scene felt like an encapsulation of one of the main themes of “Angry Mom.” Han Mi Joo, Sang Tae’s mother, feels uncertain about testifying against Chairman Hong, fearing for her son’s safety. It’s an understandable reaction—Chairman Hong is an expert intimidator, and he threatened Sang Tae with the goal of keeping Mi Joo silent. But Yi Kyung’s mother, who kept silent after Yi Kyung’s death in the hope of protecting her son, is on hand to explain to Mi Joo why silence can’t be an option. If Mi Joo doesn’t say anything, then she’ll be allowing men who caused the deaths of children to roam free. She might save her own son temporarily, but who’s to say for the next time? And even if Sang Tae were safe, how could Mi Joo allow other children to be in danger? The best way to be a mother is to be bold—speak up for what’s right, and protect your child and all children that way. It’s a really lovely message.

angry mom yi kyung's mom finalangry mom kim seo ran 2 final

3. It’s a betrayal festival!

I guess there really is no honor amongst thieves. At this point, Ahn Dong Chil has betrayed Chairman Hong and Ae Yeon, while Chairman Hong betrayed Do Jung Woo, who betrayed Ae Yeon and Kang Soo Chan, and now Ae Yeon is betraying Kang Soo Chan after already betraying Chairman Hong… Wow. That is a lot of betrayal, but it’s undeniably fun to watch.

angry mom kim tae hoon finalangry mom oh yoon ah finalangry mom park geun hyung finalangry mom park young kyu final

4. Ahn Dong Chil starts to atone for the past

At this point, Ahn Dong Chil has done so many terrible things that the rest of his life wouldn’t be enough time to make up for all of them. But I really appreciate that he’s trying. He finally clarifies to Ah Ran that she is his niece, not his daughter, and then he helps Kang Ja avoid Chairman Hong’s violent revenge. He even apologizes for blaming her for his brother’s death! None of this erases the bad he’s done, but it’s never to late to start being good, in my book.

angry mom kim hee won finalangry mom kim hee sun final

5. Nine months later, and Bok Dong is still staring dreamily at Kang Ja’s back

I don’t know why it’s so important to me that Bok Dong’s crush survives, but it is! I love that even though a lot of time has passed, he still carries a torch for the classmate/ajumma who taught him that he deserved so much better than what he had.

angry mom ji soo kim hee sun finalangry mom kim hee sun 2 finalangry mom ji soo final

Final thoughts and feelings

Overall, I thought this was a really strong ending for “Angry Mom.” It was hopeful, but without losing sight of reality. Yes, the main perpetrators go to jail, but not for as long as they should. The secret ledger remains secret, protecting who knows how many corrupt politicians. Chairman Hong and Kang Soo Chan don’t realize the error of their ways, even after a guilty verdict. The “rotten society” that Prosecutor Jung refers to can’t be magically fixed just because enough people got angry. The work of fixing it will take a lot longer than anyone wants to acknowledge (am I the only viewer who really hopes that, ten years from now, there’s a sequel series about Prosecutor Hong Sang Tae searching for his father’s ledger? I would seriously watch that!).

This is an appropriately clear-eyed, realistic ending for a drama that has always felt grounded in the faults and flaws and vices that govern human behavior. That’s what I’ll remember “Angry Mom” most for—its deep understanding of human nature. None of the good guys are purely good, and though some of the bad guys are basically purely bad, they nonetheless possess a kernel of humanity. Take Do Jung Woo, one of the more repulsive drama characters I’ve ever come across. He had a sexual relationship with a student, impregnated her, and killed her. He is just about the worst that humanity has to offer. And yet I felt for him in this episode. What he did isn’t excusable—he’ll spend the rest of his life in prison and that’s what he deserves. But it’s easy to see how the anger, loneliness, and pain of being unwanted and unloved by his father helped shape him into the cruel, selfish man he became. He’s a terrible person, but he is a person, and it’s a tribute to the writing and Kim Tae Hoon’s performance that his humanity always came across.

That goes for just about the entire cast, though. “Angry Mom” had a wealth of onscreen talent, from Kim Hee Sun, Ji Hyun Woo, and Kim Yoo Jung on down the line. The obvious breakout is the phenomenal Ji Soo, but I was also really impressed by resident idols Baro and Lizzy, and by Go Soo Hee as Gong Joo, the best friend imaginable. The world of “Angry Mom” felt like a real world, populated by real people, and that’s just about the highest praise I can offer.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/05/08/angry-mom-episode-16-is-true-justice-possible/

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embedded image permalink

Absolutely my favorite quote from Angry Mom!!

CEdRYJJXIAAgysw.jpg

What kind of dream you have bok dong~~ah..??

So, I haven't watched eps 15-16..haha..(instead of watching, I'm lurking in here..haha..), but from DB recaps, I realized that this scene happen one year later (3+9 months later) isn't? so, even after 1 year bokdong still has a crush toward bangwool? poor bokdong~~..you need to find another woman bokdong~~ah..same with your age not ahjumma..haha xD

FYI - They will be launching the updated forum this afternoon.  I believe that means they will be attempting to move all posts in this current forum to the new one.  Let's cross our fingers that everything proceeds smoothly.

Guest emme85

BTS and final greetings from Kim Hee Sun, Kim Yoo Jung, Ji Soo and Lizzy!

*Can't upload Baro's coz MBC keeps blocking every Baro's video.. that's including his first greeting and blooper video~

Cr videos uploaded from iMBC!

​Really? Why?

@meti07028_stv I think Baro's company is really strict on people uploading their artist' material on YT? except for their own YT channel??

Coz last time my videos of him in first greeting, bloopers and now his last farewell were also blocked by MBC globally... right after 100% processed in YT..

If only they give us wrap up party video... hehehe

BTS and final greetings from Kim Hee Sun, Kim Yoo Jung, Ji Soo and Lizzy!

*Can't upload Baro's coz MBC keeps blocking every Baro's video.. that's including his first greeting and blooper video~

Cr videos uploaded from iMBC!

​Really? Why?

@meti07028_stv I think Baro's company is really strict on people uploading their artist' material on YT? except for their own YT channel??

Coz last time my videos of him in first greeting, bloopers and now his last farewell were also blocked by MBC globally... right after 100% processed in YT..

If only they give us wrap up party video... hehehe

@emme85 I found video of Baro first greeting, this is same YT account who also has video of angry mom first script reading.. 

cr: nunalovgomcnu

https://www.youtube.com/user/nunaluvgomcnu/videos

I'm sorry. I just checked the video. We still can watch this video but audio was muted because copyright issue..

Permalink gambar yang terpasang

Actress Kim Yoo Jung expressed her sadness at the completion of her latest drama, MBC's 'Angry Mom,' on May 8 through her agency.  The drama wrapped up this week after a fun ride with viewers.  

She said, "'Angry Mom' presented me with good memories and was a production through which I could learn a lot.  On top of that, we filmed at a school so it really felt like I was going to school whenever I went to the filming set.  That's why I was more attached to it, and I was happy at every moment of filming.

"I got attached to all the actors and staff members whom I worked with the point I think I would like all of us to go hang out somewhere, which is why my sadness is also great.  It's such a relief that we finished filming safely with nobody getting hurt, and thanks to all the viewers who loved and watched 'Angry Mom' to the end."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/05/kim-yoo-jung-gives-her-thoughts-on-the-completion-of-angry-mom

Guest MaknaeC

Kim Yoo Jung's final thoughts on Angry Mom.

"Angry Mom gave me good memories as gift, I was able to learn a lot at work. And because the filming was at the school, it feels like I was just going to school. So I was more attached, I was filming happily, moment by moment. To the extent that I want to go out to play together with all actors, staffs." She said that it's unfortunate that the drama has come to an end.

She continued, "It's really good that the filming completed without a single person injured and we're filming safely. The last, to the viewers that has given a lot of love to Angry Mom, I want to say thank you."

Kim Yoo Jung's deep emotion acting appearance who has received a lot of love finished on May 7th, the end of Angry Mom.

source: topstarnews

​Thank you very much @MaknaeC for translation and all text previews translation :)

I love KYJ since I watched Iljimae years ago..but I admitted that I haven't watched all her dramas. Was Angry Mom her first drama with main setting in school? so she said she feels like going to school.. and it seems she really close with co-stars and staffs and she want to go out. So that's why she invite them to watch soccer but only baro who could attend and dating rumor come out..haha..

You're welcome :)

Me too, I love her since Iljimae...since I watched that drama back in 2008. She has done a few dramas and movie in school like May Queen, Golden Rainbow, and movie Elegant Lies. But yeah, it's the first time she's filming in school most of the time. I'm glad that finally she did a school drama, it's nice to see her realize one of her dreams, to act in a meaningful school drama like Master of Study. Because she's so easygoing, that's why she's close with her co-stars and staffs. For example, in drama Secret Door, when she finished filming and replace by the adult version of her character, there's one staff that still give her so much support, after a few weeks, that staff even continue to post tweet that she misses her and always hope the best for Yoojung. And it also applies to her relationship with past co-stars until now, Lee Min Ho '93 even attended her middle school graduation. About Baro, both of them already close and have oppa-dongsaeng relationship since 2012, Yoojung is close with B1A4 members ^^

Ayy~~ @fleurofjasmine, because you provoke me, I end up talked to much about Yoojung haha

------------

Anyway, just like many of you, one of may favourite scenes on the last episode is when DC told AR about her father's identity :")

Kim Yoo Jung's final thoughts on Angry Mom.

"Angry Mom gave me good memories as gift, I was able to learn a lot at work. And because the filming was at the school, it feels like I was just going to school. So I was more attached, I was filming happily, moment by moment. To the extent that I want to go out to play together with all actors, staffs." She said that it's unfortunate that the drama has come to an end.

She continued, "It's really good that the filming completed without a single person injured and we're filming safely. The last, to the viewers that has given a lot of love to Angry Mom, I want to say thank you."

Kim Yoo Jung's deep emotion acting appearance who has received a lot of love finished on May 7th, the end of Angry Mom.

source: topstarnews

​Thank you very much @MaknaeC for translation and all text previews translation :)

I love KYJ since I watched Iljimae years ago..but I admitted that I haven't watched all her dramas. Was Angry Mom her first drama with main setting in school? so she said she feels like going to school.. and it seems she really close with co-stars and staffs and she want to go out. So that's why she invite them to watch soccer but only baro who could attend and dating rumor come out..haha..

Me too, I love her since Iljimae...since I watched that drama back in 2008. She has done a few dramas and movie in school like May Queen, Golden Rainbow, and movie Elegant Lies. But yeah, it's the first time she's filming in school most of the time. I'm glad that finally she did a school drama, it's nice to see her realize one of her dreams, to act in a meaningful school drama like Master of Study. Because she's so easygoing, that's why she's close with her co-stars and staffs. For example, in drama Secret Door, when she finished filming and replace by the adult version of her character, there's one staff that still give her so much support, after a few weeks, that staff even continue to post tweet that she misses her and always hope the best for Yoojung. And it also applies to her relationship with past co-stars until now, Lee Min Ho '93 even attended her middle school graduation. About Baro, both of them already close and have oppa-dongsaeng relationship since 2012, Yoojung is close with B1A4 members ^^

Ayy~~ @fleurofjasmine, because you provoke me, I end up talked to much about Yoojung haha

------------

Anyway, just like many of you, one of may favourite scenes on the last episode is when DC told AR about her father's identity :")

@MaknaeC thanks a lot for information about KYJ :) Tbvh, the first thing which makes me interested to watch angry mom, from casting aspect, is KYJ!

I love her in all dramas/movies I have watched. But I never really followed her acting carier. I love her mostly in sageuk drama, like Dong Yi and TMTETS. I also didn't realize that I have watched her movie debut, Lump Sugar, and she was really young on that movie. I just realized when I watched video about her acting carier by arirang kpop on youtube. I'm really looking forward to her next acting project. I hope she will get a female lead in drama, like her fellow child actresses, Kim So Hyun and Kim Sae Ron, who already acted as female lead in their respective drama.

About, KYJ and Baro, I also thought that they are just friends..I don't understand too why there was a dating rumor..haha..

@TheaN thank you very much for article from Dispacth.. :)

Can anyone translate the captions??

What are they doing?? haha..

ahran and sangtae~~ :wub:

Bromance alert!!

cr Dispatch

and MBC, please.. give us full BTS of ending scene (when they go hiking)..it seems really fun..!!!

Guest MaknaeC

------------

@MaknaeC thanks a lot for information about KYJ :) Tbvh, the first thing which makes me interested to watch angry mom, from casting aspect, is KYJ!

I love her in all dramas/movies I have watched. But I never really followed her acting carier. I love her mostly in sageuk drama, like Dong Yi and TMTETS. I also didn't realize that I have watched her movie debut, Lump Sugar, and she was really young on that movie. I just realized when I watched video about her acting carier by arirang kpop on youtube. I'm really looking forward to her next acting project. I hope she will get a female lead in drama, like her fellow child actresses, Kim So Hyun and Kim Sae Ron, who already acted as female lead in their respective drama.

About, KYJ and Baro, I also thought that they are just friends..I don't understand too why there was a dating rumor..haha..

​I think her debut movie was DMZ? I also hope she can get her lead role soon, but no need to be hurry. I want her to take her time, take a rest and focus on her study (I don't know this has been changed or not, but just like Yeo Jin Goo, once she said that she wanna enter a major outside acting). So, maybe around next year? It would be nice ^^

I think we shouldn't continue this conversation on this forum. It would be nice if you look into Yoojung's forum, we'll give you a big hug there :)

Archived