[Drama 2014-2015] Seonam Girls High School Investigators 선암여고 탐정단

joojanah

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rachim4

Why would the girl kill herself and leave ridiculous national treasure type clues? This is all very illogical shes maybe insane or something.

Well she probably knew she was gonna die before hand. She knew he was gonna get one more girl so she left clues hoping the 2nd girl from the play would get them. No one would believe her anyway and she felt like she had to end her life because of it.

I seriously don't know how to feel right now I've just finished the last episode and I need to write somewhere my thoughts (I was planning on being active on this forum but no internet and college complicated things, so I have a few things to say xd)
First, and probably what I was looking forward the most, Mido and Chaejoon, I mean.. WHY ARE THEY SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!!!!! I hate when couples are all cheesy and stuff but I found myself screaming midomidomi everytime she appeared on screen with him. I was so mad at Yehee when she started to sort of have feelings for him, but when she cleared all the misunderstandings I forgave her and everything went back to normal :D:DWhen Chajoon didnt appear in episode 13, I was like they arent going to pretend nothing happened right?! SHOW ME MORE, and luckily they did <3 , ah midomi, joon oppa, already miss them :((
Second........what happened with Chaeyool and Raon??!  I think that from the moment I saw on the relationship board that pink line I wanted them together, why writers why did you do this to me :(I thought that in the last episode something would happen, not even a kiss, a hug, maybe hold hands, A SMILE that makes us think they will eventually end up together but no, nothing he was awkwardly standing there while the others went to eat chicken. I dont think im going to get over this, ever.
Now, what was that "actress Yehee" thing and she disappearing from time to time? Was it because she is in Hyde, Jekyll and me too? I mean I though it was pretty weird because she was never mentioned (or maybe I dont remember well xd) she sort appeared at the last minute :| I'm saying this because I loved her and those kitty sounds they added when she talked, I definitely noticed her absence.
About the ending, I really liked that the teacher wasnt the bad person Raon tought he was (and the writers made us think he was, a bit?) I could see it through the episodes that he actually liked Mirae (as a daughter of course, being totally honest tho, at first I tought she had something with the teacher........o.O)The play sort of confused me, what was real and what wasnt, I guess I got it right but I'm not sure hahaha, when the teacher cried I cried too, I felt so sad for him, he lost his daughter, then wanted revenge, then loved the girl as a daughter then she killed herself, and tried to replace her with someone else, so sad.
Random things:- The lesbian kiss: wow, just wow, I hadnt watched the episode when on twitter I saw a soompi article about it and how people reacted, and I was like, korea? lesbian kiss? must be a little peck no more than that!! Then i watched the episode and omo omo omo that kiss better than some lead couple kisses in dramas!! Those girls were so sweet.- Reusable actors(?): am I just crazy or did I see a few times the school teachers being some other character in the drama? I think the first time was in the bread case, I say the male teacher as a employee from across the street or something like that, maybe Ive gone crazy, or he was an identical twin.
Its a shame this drama didnt have good ratings, I really enjoyed it!! There we a few storylines they didnt follow and they were all interesting *COUGH HARAON CHAYOOL COUGH COUGH* like chaeyool's mom and the principal's story, the teachers love line, I though they liked each other or at least one of them liked the other... and what was it? oh right haraon and chaeyool!!! (i wont stop ever)
Anyway, this is getting too long, everything i hadnt said in all these episodes I'm putting it in one post, I'm not even that good at english why cant I stop!!! Ok, now. stop.

ps: midomidomiiiiiiiiiiiiiips2: probably no one is going to read this, but if you read this and cried because of my english then: *clears throat* *cheon song yi style* sawry 

Guest rachim4

@mmilla The they did reuse people A LOT.

also haraon was a creep and forever will be one. HE tried to get out of military leave. Him and his uncle can be creeps together

ALSO one of the best finales i have seen to this date

COMMENTING ON MARCH 23, 2015 :
@mmilla:-------I liked your comments very much!  Thank you!   

@baduy:......Surprised and pleased to find you here!  I always love the background  information and the context you give us.
Personally, I really, really liked this show.  Took a while, but I came to love the "thing" the 5 members had going as a group.  So many ways to describe it, but the connection seemed so real.  Yes, the group was manufactured, like a Disney movie, literature series or TV series  for young teens (can think of quite a few).  But I wished so much to join that group!  So warm and loving!  The Detectives represented  a vision of harmony, respect, growth, love, etc..  One ideal way to live and work together!  And  it was an all female group, not anti-male at all, but capable of achieving their goals with their own skills. 
JTBC was the subject of a formal complaint with a commission on decency because of the kiss between the girls.  Just came across this item recently.  I wondered, too, if the series was planned for 14 episodes or if the abruptly ended it after the kiss in Episode 13.  I cruise around the internet and Google so often that I do not recall where.....OOOPS..... the Korea Times had the article!  Something "linked" me there.  Do not get the wrong impression that I read lots of Korean papers!
I think the drama did a wonderful job presenting difficult topics in prime time TV.  Where else have we seen the affects of an abortion on the young father as well as on the young mother?  Premarital sex, unprotected sex, cyber bullying, rigging of test outcomes, suicide, homosexuality, etc.  . ----- all topics presented  and treated seriously, while the personalities and behaviors of the girls provided the sometimes ridiculously funny moments.I wondered what audience the drama had in mind?  Young adults? Teens?  I can see where some families might have been offended if they expected  "Disney-like" fare and had elementary age or middle school age kids sitting with them in front of the TV.  (Do people still do this?)
And why wasn't I here earlier?  I'm still wishing for a clone, or at least an "Absolute Boyfriend" version of myself, so I can be in several places at once!  Until that happens, "otoke", what else can I do but arrive late?        :-/ :\">

PS:  ......  I just looked at page 1 here  and I see that the number of episode is listed as being 16 EPISODES, THE USUAL DRAMA LENGTH.
 SO !!!....... THE  TV STATION,  JTBC,   MIGHT HAVE ABRUPTLY ENDED THE SERIES DUE TO THE SUIT FILED AGAINST THEM. Cable TV has been stretching the limits and getting away with it for a while now. 
 I am so curious.  Is this the first bit of legal action against the entertainment industry since the recent evolution toward more modern views that contrast with the traditional cultural standards?    I have not heard any more about the issue so far.  As of last week, no decision had been reach yet (per the Korea Times article).

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an excerpt.

Broadcasting regulations say that programs should not depict content related to sex in an "obscene manner," or air content that goes against "viewers' ethical standards."

The KCSC has said it is too early for the deliberating body to react to such press events by civic groups.

"A number of civic groups are expressing opinions that don't necessarily coincide," a KCSC official said, Wednesday. "We are listening to both sides of the argument. It is too early for an official statement."

The official added that they have nothing more to say about any inappropriate comments that may have been made at deliberations. The final deliberation meeting is set for April 9.

And a link to the full piece at The Korea Times.

So April 9th is the day. I have to say, I love the "viewers' ethical standards" bit. 39% of you said they now accept homosexuality. What they holier-than-thou bigots mean is their public ethical standards and those vile "Christian" groups' public ethical standards. The kind that love meddling and dictating what the entire country should and should not see. And I say public, because I'm sure they have their kicks behind closed doors.

I really hope the KCSC gets rearranged and reevaluated soon, because the world is noticing South Korean cultural output (that was the whole purpose of the Hallyu) and therefore South Korean society. Such people don't care about their own citizens and the pain they go through following dated social norms or their need and want for representation, but I hope they will at least back off when told this is a bad business decision in the long run.

This drama was very brave to show this and it deserves all the support, respect and praise for giving all kinds of citizens a voice they deserve in their own country's television output. KCSC, tread lightly. Your people are changing. Your people are better than you give them credit and "permission" for.

Guest Mai-Vy

Am I the only one who thinks that "Sung Yoon", the tall girl, is freaking hilarious? She was so random and funny, I literally watched the drama because of her (and the lesbian couple). I also have one question: As one can see in Episode 7, Sung Yoon and Ha Jae eat inside a restaurant. Then, all of a sudden, Sung Yoon gets all hot in front of her friend. What was that all about? I personally loved that particular scene, but I really don't know why she did that. Is it possible that she might be (romantically) interested in Ha Jae? O.o

Mai-Vy said: Am I the only one who thinks that "Sung Yoon", the tall girl, is freaking hilarious? She was so random and funny, I literally watched the drama because of her (and the lesbian couple). I also have one question: As one can see in Episode 7, Sung Yoon and Ha Jae eat inside a restaurant. Then, all of a sudden, Sung Yoon gets all hot in front of her friend. What was that all about? I personally loved that particular scene, but I really don't know why she did that. Is it possible that she might be (romantically) interested in Ha Jae? O.o

Broadcasting regulations say that programs should not depict content related to sex in an "obscene manner," or air content that goes against "viewers' ethical standards."
thank you Orion
it's maybe related to another tread but
39% it's still not the majority unfortunatelyS Korea strength  is also her biggest weakness
her culture is wonderful for what it is now, because of the conservativesYou almost can't preserve the beautiful side of it and be modern, liberal and open like western people at the same timeso i can also understand the logic and fear behind the objection of the Christianity (although i'm not)and this is the big question :how can you preserve  5000 years of culture while you changing all the structure of it

• 1 year later...

Archived