[Drama 2015] Falling For Innocence 순정에 반하다

larus

@ororomunroe Greetings and thanks a zillion for the pics. I apologize for reposting your pics along with my old post about the scene, because, like @gammiron, I love it so much.   

The Mise en Scène of That Particular Scene 

Mise en scène: The arrangement of everything that appears in the framing – actors, lighting, décor, props, costume

d5Yjotl.gif GAUSAyY.gif

1. The camera manages to capture the beginning of Min-ho's smile. 

• Notice how his eyes are sharpened by the lighting before he smiles. 
  • By this technique, the PD shows us that something inside Min-ho's soul sparks the change, before the rest of him follow suit. 

HOvl8bq.gif  

2. The scene is lit diffusively, although it was shot outdoor.

• It makes the hospital ground a warm and healing place, instead of a cold, deathly place it seems to be on Ep 1 and early Ep 2. 
  • The trees around the characters give the scene a sense of peace and contentment.

8DovCze.gif AUW4SEV.gif

bWaqOnG.gif gek1qsn.gif

3.  The camera also lingers on the child actress' face and movements.

• The little girl is:
    • A symbol of Min-ho's return to innocence (this reminds me of @Moon_Fars's and @miriamdream2 's posts on Min-ho as an innocent child)
    • A reminder to Dong-wook's childlike soul and his refusal to grow up
    • A literal take on the drama's title (Min-ho's falling for innocence/Soon-jung/purity). Which is why the child is a girl, not a boy.

4. The wardrobe choice is also significant for the scene.

• Both Jung Kyung-ho and the child actress are dressed in white-ish pajamas. Not only because they are patients, but also the color as a symbol of innocence (and vulnerability?).

LIAs5xX.gif

5. The use of bokeh technique to blur the background

In photography, bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens.[Wikipedia, 2015]

Example:

JMQk2ue.jpg

• [*]
Notice that he background of the girl's photo is similar to the background of the scene.
  • By this technique, the PD dictates that nothing else matters in that scene except for Min-ho's spiritual rebirth.
  • Which is why only Jung Kyung-ho and the little girl are sharply shot in the final frame. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@watchumlots said: I am going to submit myself to psychoanalysis as soon as I can summon the courage to tell my story to a medical professional!
Dr:  Why are you here today?Me:  I can't stop watching stupid dramas.Dr:  Tell me about it.Me:  Take the latest drama... it is about a crazy family that had a falling-out, and the son of the dead guy, a Corporate Raider, who looks as though he is in his late twenties, wants revenge. Oh, and he has a congenital heart condition.Dr:  Uh-huh.  Tell me more.Me:  There is a girl, who looks as though she is in her mid-thirties.  Her father was the right-hand man at The Corporation. She works as a Secretary for her multi-millionaire uncle for a paltry salary, which is one reason she lives in a dump.  And she is dating a blue-collar cop.  And there is another guy, he also works for The Corporation. He is friends with the cop. He is secretly colluding with the Corporate Raider to take-over The Corporation.  The cop learns of the collusion.  The Other Guy kills the cop and the cop's heart goes to the Corporate Raider, who is the Secretary's cousin.  (They both call the same guy "uncle.")  The Corporate Raider wants revenge upon the Rich Uncle because... he took the company from his father.  Dr:  Uh-huh.  Tell me more.Me:  Now the Corporate Raider has the cop's heart and is falling in love with the Secretary.  The Corporate Raideer is a real brat.  But the Secretary tolerates the Rich Uncle and the Corporate Raider's abuse. Dr: Why does she do that?  Me:  I guess because she needs the job. Dr:  Why, if the secretary is a niece to the Rich Uncle, is she working as his secretary and living in a dump?  And, why does the corporate raider have time to become romantically involved with his cousin/secretary who looks about 10 years older?  And are these people all related?  Me:  I DON'T KNOW!!!  WHY CAN'T I STOP WATCHING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!  

Guest ororomunroe

and I am not surprise if MH even ended have a "new dad" that is DW dad......ooopppsss sorry for my bad English chingu and hope you will understand what I'm trying to say...haha

@onnififi
I understand you perfectly :D
And I would love that scenario to happen. A new family that forms after a tragedy - MH, SJ and DW's Dad. 

(They both call the same guy "uncle".And, why does the corporate raider have time to become romantically involved with his cousin/secretary who looks about 10 years older? 
@watchumolts, none of the main leads are related. "Uncle" is an honorary title, not a blood-related one. Also, not getting the crack about age? Does it really matter that SJ is older than MH? :|

@selenette, go ahead and repost, chingu. I love reading your cinematography posts :)>-

Guest ororomunroe

The cold-hearted corporate hunter.

He’s a sociopath who will do anything for money.

He has no shame and no morals.

The capitalist, Kang Min Ho.

RLVGDeS.gif

9y19zFd.gif XGl8YAC.gif

OqZ5slW.gif GJG1tf8.gif

u61XbUV.gif p5Cbxv5.gif

Source: tumblr

Guest gammiron

selenette said:

@ororomunroe Greetings and thanks a zillion for the pics. I apologize for reposting your pics along with my old post about the scene, because, like @gammiron, I love it so much.   

The Mise en Scène of That Particular Scene 

Mise en scène: The arrangement of everything that appears in the framing – actors, lighting, décor, props, costume

1. The camera manages to capture the beginning of Min-ho's smile. 

• Notice how the his eyes are sharpened by the lighting before he smiles. 
  • By this technique, the PD shows us that something inside Min-ho's soul sparks the change, before the rest of him follow suit. 

2. The scene is lit diffusively, although it was shot outdoor.

• It makes the hospital ground a warm and healing place, instead of a cold, deathly place it seems to be on Ep 1 and early Ep 2. 
  • The trees around the characters give the scene a sense of peace and contentment.

3.  The camera also lingers on the child actress' face and movements.

• The little girl is:
    • A symbol of Min-ho's return to innocence (this reminds me of @Moon_Fars's and @miriamdream2 's posts on Min-ho as an innocent child)
    • A reminder to Dong-wook's childlike soul and his refusal to grow up
    • A literal take on the drama's title (Min-ho's falling for innocence/Soon-jung/purity). Which is why the child is a girl, not a boy.

4. The wardrobe choice is also significant for the scene.

• Both Jung Kyung-ho and the child actress are dressed in white-ish pajamas. Not only because they are patients, but also the color as a symbol of innocence (and vulnerability?).

5. The use of bokeh technique to blur the background

In photography, bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens.[Wikipedia, 2015]

• [*]
Notice that he background of the girl's photo is similar to the background of the scene.
  • By this technique, the PD dictates that nothing else matters in that scene except for Min-ho's spiritual rebirth.
  • Which is why only Jung Kyung-ho and the little girl are sharply shot in the final frame. 

Is it just me? As much as I love MH, I am hoping that JH has the same level playing field as MH in courting SJ. At the moment, the story puts MH as someone who will change for the better, while JH as someone whose character is going downhill. Maybe because I feel sympathetic towards JH seeing how much he loves SJ since young!

@Ohuihui I don't sympathize with Joon-hee in his pursuit of Soon-jung, but I do with his anger towards the money-grubbing relatives. It's too awful that I learned this by experience, but in short similar thing happened to me.

People like those relatives of Joon-hee's would dump you when they're rich, and come and beg when your circumstances are better.

So, although I don't like how Joon-hee treats his father, I do understand why he was angry and rude at the relatives. Not that I condone such behavior, I just understand his reasons.

I thought the readers of this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama, and that talks about "Falling for innocence" in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-8/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

Ohuihui said: Is it just me? As much as I love MH, I am hoping that JH has the same level playing field as MH in courting SJ. At the moment, the story puts MH as someone who will change for the better, while JH as someone whose character is going downhill. Maybe because I feel sympathetic towards JH seeing how much he loves SJ since young!

The book JH is reading in the beginning of episode 6 is called The little prince and it was written by the French author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry! Interesting is that the flower mentioned by the young JH is acting like MH. She says cruel things to the little prince (she is vain, full of herself), but in reality she loves him and the little prince isn't aware of it, until too late after leaving the planet where the rose was.

Guest ItsMeKeii

i wonder why the title of this drama is falling for innocence 
now i know . 
cuz minho keeps on falling{fainting} into SJ.. hahahahahhahahaaha

joke

Above, I mentioned, JH doesn't know SJ but I have been thinking since then and I came to the conclusion that JH doesn't understand SJ at all. He thinks, he knows her well but he doesn't. While JH resented and is still resenting his father for being so poor - a low job -, JH has always considered SJ as a lady and called her as such, but she never saw herself as a lady. In her childhood, she wanted to be treated as normal as possible and DW understood that. That's why JH believes, he is in a position to confess his love for her now, but actually his position as CEO is a hindrance. SJ would never want to be part of the higher society. SJ is in the end the opposite of what JH's expecting. He said, he was always a step behind, however I believe, he has always projected his own way of thinking into SJ's mind so that he could never make a step at all. This time, he won't be too late but she won't accept his feelings for the simple reason, she will discover his true face!

ororomunroe said:
(They both call the same guy "uncle".And, why does the corporate raider have time to become romantically involved with his cousin/secretary who looks about 10 years older? 
@watchumolts, none of the main leads are related. "Uncle" is an honorary title, not a blood-related one. Also, not getting the crack about age? Does it really matter that SJ is older than MH? :|

bebebisous33 said: The book JH is reading in the beginning of episode 6 is called The little prince and it was written by the French author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry! Interesting is that the flower mentioned by the young JH is acting like MH. She says cruel things to the little prince (she is vain, full of herself), but in reality she loves him and the little prince isn't aware of it, until too late after leaving the planet where the rose was.

onnififi said:@bityxu Hello my dear and nice to meet you here. Thanks for sharing the MV, and I like it so much!  But chingu ar, after watching your MV, you are making me, wanted to watch Ep 1-6 all over again! :D:D And you spoiler, its MH hands right you are refering to? Good observation dear!  :-bd

Archived