[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@valsava, Thanks for the shout out! I'm back reading on page 4 of this thread right now and am amazed by the great cast. I knew Cha Seung Won was in it and that's why it was on my radar. But to be honest I probably would not have checked it out. I'm not all to familiar with Sageuk's but after reading about the plot and cast, I'm on board with this one! 

estrellita1122 said: @valsava hiiiiii :-h
I was wondering why someone mentioned me in this thread since i have never visited haha and i just realise your from the other forum haha thank you for introducing me this drama. I will try to give it a try but its to many episodes. I get lazy to watch so many episodes since i have so many things happening around me and dont have sometimes time. But since i have not choosen a new drama to replace SOGC so i will try this one. It looks interesting

I am looking forward to this like nobody's business. I'm not quite sure why - maybe because of CSW , maybe because I am hoping to see a good sageuk... but in any case, I hope it's good and I like it.
I like the casting as well so I'm on board although it is really difficult for me to follow sageuk week by week. It works so much better to have the complete story, but it's hard to wait so long.

Hwajung This explains the Gwanghae is the son of a concubine and secondary heir, who in power aspirations, usurps his Crown and Jungmyung ousts her from the palace. Then Gwanghae was overthrown in a coup in the West, who replaced him with INJO. Extremely paranoid and want to stabilize his position, he is also the life of Jungmyung.Neu as a genuine fan of the genre costume Korean history is Hwajung is definitely a film that you can not ignore. The film Hwajung aka Splendid Pilitics is based on the story of the prince Gwanghae and the struggle for power in the early 16th century Joseon Dynasty. Actor Cha Seung Won will play a prince is not the life that is acknowledged as the bastard. The historical record which prevented his half brother, who also inherited the throne from the rightful heir position and who exiled his half sister, princess Jungmyung (Lee Yun Hee) exile.

buc-hoa-vuong-quyen-hwajung-2015.jpg

Guest Mai AnL

class="entry-title" style="text-align: center; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; font-size: 22px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"‘Splendid Politics’ Cha Seung-won on his knees! What Gives?
041301.jpg

Stills of Cha Seung-won on his knees waiting for the official judgment were revealed.

MBC’s special television drama ‘Splendid Politics’, which is produced in celebration of MBC’s 54th anniversary and will premiere on April 13, released new stills of Crown Prince Gwanghae(played by Cha Seung-won) on his knees, showing mixed feelings of anger and sorrow on his father, Seonjo(played by Park Young-kyu).

The photos show a pathetic sight of Gwanghaegun(Prince Gwanghae) on his knees, begging for his father’s forgiveness before getting punished. There are mixed feelings of anger and resentment that in Gwanghaegun’s overwhelming eyes , as he has been despised and abandoned by own father, King Seonjo.

The scene of Prince Gwanghae and King Seonjo was shot on March 6 at one of the historical sites in Daejeon. Even though the new season has arrived, the shooting that began in the late afternoon and lasted until 1a.m in the morning made the cast and production crew have a rough time of it. However, Cha Seung-won is said to dominate the shooting set by sitting on his knees on the hard, cold floor for hours and showing a stunning performance with charismatic eyes of anger, resentment and a revengeful spirit.

“It is a very significant scene as it is the very first scene that reveals the conflict between King Seonjo and Prince Gwanghae. Cha Seung-won nailed it with his charisma. The relationship between the father and the son will be soon revealed, so please stay excited,” said one of the production staffs.

Meanwhile, ‘Splendid Politics’ will premiere on April 13.

Source: http://www.getitk.com/splendid-politics-cha-seung-won-on-his-knees-what-gives/?lang=en

D-Day ^.^ No more waiting ^.^ yaahhhh

Guest Mai AnL

Things to look out for in Cha Seung-won and Lee Yeon-hee's "Splendid Politics"

photo583759.jpg

The first episode of the new MBC drama "Splendid Politics" is being broadcasted on the 13th. There are three parts to be looked out for.

- Another Gwang Hae-gun story, will "Splendid Politics" be different?

It's another story about the 15th Joseon king. There has been many dramas that deal with the old king recently and "Splendid Politics" is like another version of it. The viewers might be sick of seeing his character portrayed in so many projects. This time the character is written by Kim I-yeong.

Cha Seung-won, no longer an 'ajumma' (old lady)

Cha Seung-won plays Gwang Hae-gun who trains himself and feels the most sensitive emotions after he reunites with Princess Jeong Myeong. Many look forward to seeing Cha Seung-won with his own charisma.

However, how will be get himself out of the 'ajumma' image he created for himself in the TV show "Three Meals A Day"? A comical image of the actor has tagged along behind him since his part in the drama "The Greatest Love". He can't help but be compared to Lee Byung-hun and other male stars who played Gwang Hae-gun.

Lee Yeon-hee, time to be acknowledged

"Splendid Politics" is a big pressure for Lee Yeon-hee. She's suffered from much criticism throughout her acting career since her debut. Her lucky break came in 2013 when she made a special appearance in "Gu Family Book". She appeared only shortly but her acting had become better and even her next drama "Miss Korea" earned favorable reviews.

"Splendid Politics" might be the answer for Lee Yeon-hee. It might be a great pressure for her but if she does this well her name will never again be brought up for criticism.

photo583760.jpg

photo583761.jpg

Source: http://www.hancinema.net/things-to-look-out-for-in-cha-seung-won-and-lee-yeon-hee-s-splendid-politics-80761.html

I don't think I can watch live every week but I will try to keep up with the weekly episodes as soon as the subs are out, don't want the 50 episodes piling up on me, I will never catch up if that happens

ps: if anyone wants to watch the live streaming on mbc site, I have a collective account for soompi users (the info is on my profile description, just click on my username) feel free to use it

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: -15px 0px 0.6em; padding: 0px; position: relative; border: 0px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 35px; font-stretch: normal; vertical-align: baseline;"Hwajung 화정(2015): Basic History you need to know to enjoy this #Kdrama(Some background on Prince Gwanhae)
Read it here AKIATalking

Archived