[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

'Splendid Politics' Prince Gwang Hae, Cha Seung-won's charismatic first appearance

photo583807.jpg
On the first episode of MBC's new Monday & Tuesday drama, "Splendid Politics", actor Cha Seung-won's appeared as Prince Gwang Hae and showed off his absolutely overwhelming charismatic presence.
Prince Gwang Hae asked an eunuch at the construction site of the Changdeokgung palace, "When will the last stage of the construction for Jeongjeon be complete". The eunuch answered it would be by the end of this month. Prince Gwang Hae said, "Great, Changdeokgung will finally make its appearance. Try to make it complete earlier. His Majesty wants to see it as soon as possible".
Prince Gwang Hae also said, "Send the workers home early today. It's First Full-Moon day" and then he smiled warmly. Later he returned to the palace at the news an envoy from Myeon nation had arrived.
"Splendid Politics" starring Cha Seung, Lee Yeon-hee, Kim Jae-won, Seo Kang-joon, Han Juwan is a period drama portraying the greed and jealousy for power through the political figures in Joseon during its chaotic period. The first episode will be aired on April 13th.
credit HancinemaSource Newsen

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eunsuhae said: I don't think I can watch live every week but I will try to keep up with the weekly episodes as soon as the subs are out, don't want the 50 episodes piling up on me, I will never catch up if that happens

ps: if anyone wants to watch the live streaming on mbc site, I have a collective account for soompi users (the info is on my profile description, just click on my username) feel free to use it

class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; clear: both; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; font-size: 3rem; text-transform: uppercase; width: 613.796875px;"SPLENDID POLITICS (HWAJUNG) : EPISODE 1

Beautiful. Splendid Politics aka Hwajung (政) aired its pilot episode and I am happy to report that it was a good beginning for the 50-episode drama. The episode was rather light despite having a heavy subject in the title (politics!) but it served its purpose, providing introductions and insight into the people and subject that will become the drama’s background. Having Cha Seung-won as Gwanghae in the episode and a number of characters already grown up at this point of the story also helped drawing in the attention to the story Hwajung wanted to tell us.

Continue Reading: Talking Cupboard

"Splendid Politics" starts off with 10.5%, intimidates "Heard It Through the Grapevine"

photo583988.jpg
MBC drama "Splendid Politics" started off with a two digit record.
According to Nielsen Korea, "Splendid Politics" recorded 10.5% on the 13th.
"Splendid Politics" is about the life of Princess Jeong Myeong (Lee Yeon-hee) who was born a princess but had to live life as a dead person. Cha Seung-won plays Gwang Hae-gun.
Meanwhile, SBS "Heard It Through the Grapevine" recorded 11.6% and KBS 2TV "Blood" recorded 3.8%.
Source : Herald Corp
Credit : Hancinema

class="article_post_title entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(72, 72, 72); padding: 0px 0px 15px; text-transform: capitalize; letter-spacing: 0.800000011920929px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[spoilers] Hwajung Ep 1dslakjfksld.jpg
OSEN - Naver: First episode 'Hwajung', LTE speed development + great acting of star-studded cast 

1. [+2601, -100] 'Hwajung' is so fun.. These actors are so good at acting that they made me shiver...

2. [+2411, -77] Chajumma is good at cooking and has amazing acting talent too

3. [+1862, -69] The acting in this drama is solid. I couldn't help but be captivated

4. [+1715, -60] It has a lot of famous actors.

5. [+410, -57] I still think Lee Yeon Hee shouldn't be in this drama but I hope she shows improvement in her acting

6. [343, -22] Now, we only need for Lee Yeon Hee to show proper pronunciation and I won't ask for anything else.

7. [+183, -20] MBC and KBS1 have the best sageuks..

8. [+146, -16] One hour passed by in a flash. I was too immersed. Daebak

9. [+142, -14] Finally, another fun drama in such a long time. If Lee Yeon Hee shows good acting, then this will become a big hit

10. [+110, -18] Cha Seung Won is such a great actor
Credit~ http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/

@kaeruchan thank you for your helpful tutorial. I added a link to your comment on my profile description so people can see it :)

@JamieT you're welcome, glad we could be of help, that's what this community is for after all, it's all about sharing :)

@evie7 Hi there dear friend! we really do have similar tastes, we keep finding each other in the same theads and I'm so happy for it :D
CSW rocks, I can watch this if only for him but the rest of the cast is fortunately just as solid, this one will be a treat acting wise.

I'm P-i-s-s-e-d can someone send me a link I was watching and got kick out and couldn't get back on I was only able to see up to the part where GW called in the guards to arrest those minsters at the queens quarters..

Archived