[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

Guest Mai AnL

Hwajung’ King Gwanghae meets with Princess Jungmyung

031301.jpg

On March 13, MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday special television series ‘Hwa-jung(Flamboyant Politics, translated title)’ released stills of King Gwanghae(played by Cha Seung-won) and young Princess Jungmyung(played by Huh Jung-eun) having a good time together.

The stills slightly reveal the relationship and plot line regarding the two characters. The stills are throwbacks from the past. While the photos show that the brother and sister used to have a good relationship together, they grow up and become enemies unfortunately, as King Gwanghae was born as a child of a concubine and Princess Jungmyung, on the other hand, was born as the legal and direct descendant. The look on Gwanghae’s face shows that he is full of mixed feelings, and it implies that there is tough life ahead for the two.

The stills are from one of the scenes which were filmed on February 28 in Dam-yang, Jeollanam-do(Province). The shooting was said to be carried out in a tense and serious atmosphere. Actor Cha Seung-won was found taking care of a 9-year-old actress Huh Jung-eun. He was seen holding and warming her hands and kneeling down to make eye contact with her. Cha Seung-won is also well known as ‘Girl Daddy(used in Korea to refer to a father who loves his daughter so much)’. They showed a good chemistry together, despite the age gap.

“The scene of adorable actress Huh Jung-eun and Cha Seung-won were held in an amicable atmosphere. This scene has a very significant meaning since the two characters later get involved in tragedy by a strange irony of fate. Please look forward to the relationship between lovely Princess Jungmyung and King Gwanghae who had no one to rely on, even his father, even though he was crowned as prince,” said one of the production crew.

‘Hwajung’ is a historical drama that will depict a story of Kings and their greed and jealousy on power in Joseon Dynasty, the chaotic period. It is is scheduled to air for the first time in early-April after MBC’s television series ‘Shine or Go Crazy’.

Source: http://www.getitk.com/hwajung-king-gwanghae-meets-with-princess-jungmyung/?lang=en

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘Hwajung’ King Gwanghae meets with Princess Jungmyung

‘Hwajung’ King Gwanghae meets with Princess Jungmyung

On March 13, MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday special television series ‘Hwa-jung(Flamboyant Politics, translated title)’ released stills of King Gwanghae(played by Cha Seung-won) and young Princess Jungmyung(played by Huh Jung-eun) having a good time together.

The stills slightly reveal the relationship and plot line regarding the two characters. The stills are throwbacks from the past. While the photos show that the brother and sister used to have a good relationship together, they grow up and become enemies unfortunately, as King Gwanghae was born as a child of a concubine and Princess Jungmyung, on the other hand, was born as the legal and direct descendant. The look on Gwanghae’s face shows that he is full of mixed feelings, and it implies that there is tough life ahead for the two.

The stills are from one of the scenes which were filmed on February 28 in Dam-yang, Jeollanam-do(Province). The shooting was said to be carried out in a tense and serious atmosphere. Actor Cha Seung-won was found taking care of a 9-year-old actress Huh Jung-eun. He was seen holding and warming her hands and kneeling down to make eye contact with her. Cha Seung-won is also well known as ‘Girl Daddy(used in Korea to refer to a father who loves his daughter so much)’. They showed a good chemistry together, despite the age gap.

“The scene of adorable actress Huh Jung-eun and Cha Seung-won were held in an amicable atmosphere. This scene has a very significant meaning since the two characters later get involved in tragedy by a strange irony of fate. Please look forward to the relationship between lovely Princess Jungmyung and King Gwanghae who had no one to rely on, even his father, even though he was crowned as prince,” said one of the production crew.

‘Hwajung’ is a historical drama that will depict a story of Kings and their greed and jealousy on power in Joseon Dynasty, the chaotic period. It is is scheduled to air for the first time in early-April after MBC’s television series ‘Shine or Go Crazy’.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Kim Jonghak Production Inc., English Translation by Veronica Choi

Cha Seung Won Looks Affectionately at a Child Actress in “Hwajung’s” Preview Cuts

The new MBC drama “Hwajung” revealed preview cuts of Cha Seung Wonlooking at a child actress with loving eyes, and smiling as if he is talking with his own daughter.

The preview stills were taken during the filming scene of King Gwang Hae (Cha Seung Won’s role) looking at his younger sister (later to be played by actress Lee Yeon Hee) with sorrowful yet loving eyes. Viewers should look forward to seeing how the two people’s relationship will progress in the drama.

Filming of the scene was taken place on February 28, and the atmosphere of the set was said to be heavy with tension. However, Cha Seung Won held the nine-year-old actress’ hands time to time during the filming in order to keep her warm, making the filming staff smile in admiration.

hwajung2

Meanwhile, the director of “Hwajung” also directed popular dramas including “Can You Hear My Heart,” “Couple or Trouble,” and “Arang and the Magistrate.” The script writer of “Hwajung” is famous for writing quality historical dramas such as “Yi San” and “Dong Yi.” The drama “Hwajung” will air after “Shine or Go Crazy” on April.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/13/cha-seung-won-looks-affectionately-at-a-child-actress-in-hwajungs-preview-cuts/

Hwajung's airdate has been confirmed for April 13th. (Therefore SoGC will not be extended)

Leaked pictures of LEE SUNG MIN! :D

By9xTQc.jpg

Cr: junganra (Instagram)

Guest Mai AnL

"Hwajeong" will Jeong Woong-in and Kim Yeo-jin be the evilest villains of all time? 

photo575885.jpg

Stills of Jeong Woong-in and Kim Yeo-jin have been revealed.

The stills are horrifying pictures of the two from the MBC 54th Anniversary Drama "Hwajeong".

Jeong Woong-in is smiling with cold eyes and gives off the air of cruelty and nastiness. Kim Yeo-jin is expressionless but the ends of her mouth are pointed upwards. Her eyes are sharp as if she's scanning for something. The two of them look alike but different and bring about expectations of the worst villains of all.

The stills were taken on the 2nd over a long period of time. The cold weather didn't stop Jeong Woong-infrom looking cold and cruel under the dark lights. He acted out the perfect Lee I-cheom and the staff all cheered for him.

Kim Yeo-jin stood in front of a burning house and created a perfect scene at once without a single NG. A real house had to be burnt down for this scene so it was critical that she got an OK at once. She stayed calm and created a great scene.

Kim Jong Hak Production sources say, "The two lived up to the name of 'talent'. They brought an air of anxiety all over the set when it was their turn and "Hwajeong" is going to be a classic".

Meanwhile, "Hwaejong" is a historical drama about the passion and jealousy of humans towards authority and it's produced by Kim Sang-ho-I and written by Kim I-yeong. The drama will first air in April after "Shine or Go Crazy".

Source: http://www.hancinema.net/hwajeong-will-jeong-woong-in-and-kim-yeo-jin-be-the-evilest-villains-of-all-time--79786.html

@kanyaprasetyo, Per your request translated articles with the help of google 
if anyone can translate the news it'll be good 
http://www.kookje.co.kr/news2011/asp/newsbody.asp?code=0500&key=20150321.99002014415
http://article.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=115815

"Huating" Cho Seong-ha, rain, shine amid 'soft charisma' ... River arrange役'expectations UP' 'Hwajeong "Cho Seong-ha 'Hwajeong "Cho Seong-ha in the Middle Ages was transformed into an extraordinary flower. 20th, MBC 54 years wolhwa Special 'Hwajeong' (a play gimyiyoung / director Kim Sang Ho, Choi Jung-kyu / production ㈜ Kim Jong Hak Productions) side to disclose the scene of Cho Seong-ha mild steel eye-catching charisma focuses the attention.'Hwajeong' is a human through several hung under the eaves of the Joseon Dynasty, politics of  Green Taiga drama about the power with the desire and jealousy."Huating" will reveal the strong presence seemed to take the tender for the sign 'River arrange Station of having to create enormous wealth in shipbuilding. Published still in the sunny atmosphere as it brings the spring sunshine composition. Neatly dressed and wearing Gwanbok for sign-down elegance Plenty flows from benign smile. Following juruk juruk his deep eyes staring somewhere in the pouring rain, but may increase the expectations for a solid feel his charisma, arrange river, to postpone Station smooth. The enormous economic power, especially so in the play Cho Seong-ha will be able to dictate the shipbuilding as long as the person has, in the power struggle of the Korean politics can not raise interest will play a role. The public scene in the filming atmosphere Friendly & Harmonious not lose the smile of the day consistently composition to be taken in the last 5 days the set monoxide led. If you do voluntarily handing jokes, such as making the first filming atmosphere that creates a back door to the other actors in the cast that blends perfectly clear at once the uteumgi only enter the shooting regarded as' staff members learn to love. " 

L20150321.99002014415i1.jpg

L20150321.99002014415i1.jpg
This side of the production company, Kim Jong Hak Productions 'Hwajeong, said that after the "composition" Hwajeong' shooting stay Maker "," on the scene with a warm smile and a surprising sense of fun shooting each composition when it breathes positive energy. In addition to acting as well as caring and humorous said that the highest Popular on the set of composition. " On the other hand, 'Hwajeong' is 'a couple of fantastic', 'Can You Hear My Heart', Kim Sang Ho recognized for its strong directing the 'Arang and the Magistrate' PD and 'village', 'dawn', 'discrete' tradition has led gimyiyoung writers such an MBC drama through the drama Kim Jong Hak Productions Publisher coincided with depressed the works.MBC 'shine, or Mitch or' follow-up to the coming April is the first broadcast schedule. Digital News section

Article From Top Star News
[Top Star News = sinmirae News] 20 days, MBC 54 years wolhwa Special 'Hwajeong' (a play gimyiyoung / director Kim Sang Ho, Choi Jung-kyu / production ㈜ Kim Jong Hak Productions) side draw attention to disclose the scene of Cho Seong-ha mild steel eye-catching charisma causes. "Hwajeong 'is the chaos of the Joseon Dynasty, Green saga drama of desire and jealousy for the power of the human through several hung under the eaves of the political arena. "Huating" will reveal the strong presence seemed to take the tender for the sign 'River arrange Station of having to create enormous wealth in shipbuilding. Published still in the sunny atmosphere as it brings the spring sunshine composition. Neatly dressed and wearing Gwanbok for sign-down elegance Plenty flows from benign smile. Following juruk juruk his deep eyes staring somewhere in the pouring rain, but may increase the expectations for a solid feel his charisma, arrange river, to postpone Station smooth. The enormous economic power, especially so in the play Cho Seong-ha will be able to dictate the shipbuilding as long as the person has, in the power struggle of the Korean politics can not raise interest will play a role. 

The teaser looks really intense and riveting, 50 episodes though... ahhh!Love the ensemble cast - strong character actors for sure... so am looking forward to catching it when it airs with hopes that script and performances all deliver.

ahhh LYH looks so pretty..
class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; font-size: 22px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px; letter-spacing: 0.4px; widows: 1;"‘Hwajung’ Lee Yeon-hee confesses she is huge fan of Cha Seung-won!

‘Hwajung’ Lee Yeon-hee confesses she is huge fan of Cha Seung-won!

Actress Lee Yeon-hee, who was cast as Princess Jungmyung in upcoming television series ‘Hwajung’, expressed her expectations towards the drama.

‘Hwajung’, MBC’s special Monday-Tuesday television series scheduled to air to celebrate its 54th anniversary, released an interview with actress Lee Yeon-hee, Princess Jungmyung at MBC Dramia set in Yong-in.

She confessed her pressure on playing Princess Jungmyung on this day. “Because my role is based on a real person, I am also spending time studying historical backgrounds of the time she lived. I am putting all my efforts into this drama. And since I am working with the dream cast, I wish fans and viewers show high expectations,” said Lee Yeon-hee.

Q. Who is Princess Jungmyung?

A.She is a daughter of King Seonjo of Joseon Dynasty. She was known dead by others because she was expelled by Gwanghaegun, or Prince Gwanghae. However, she returns and since then starts to lock horns with him. Being smart and brilliant, she was loved by others from an early age. After being kicked out from the palace by Gwanghae, she maintains her living as a slave in a sulfur mine. She’s a tragic character.

Q. How’s teaming up with senior actors of ‘Hwajung’?

A. Absolutely amazing. ‘Hwajung’ shows off the dream cast, and all the senior actors I met at the script reading session were so great. I’m especially a huge fan of senior Cha Seung-won, who is playing Gwanghaegun, my stepbrother. I am honored to work with him. I will try my best not to bring him down.

Q. Please explain about your romance with Seo Gang-joon and Han Ju-wan

A. I have not acted with them before, but I am very looking forward to working with them, since they are such great actors. I have no idea how the relationships will be portrayed exactly, but I’m sure they will be heart-throbbing.

Q. Is there anything you would like to say to viewers?

A. Princess Jungmyung is a very strong woman who lived for four generations, when it was tough for direct heirs to survive from fierce competition and jealousy. I am so honored to play and show the historical figure to viewers through the drama. Please stay tuned .

‘Hwajung’ is a historical drama that will depict a story of Kings and their greed and jealousy on power in Joseon Dynasty, the chaotic period. It is is scheduled to air for the first time on April 13, after MBC’s television series ‘Shine or Go Crazy’.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photogrpahy by Kim Jong-hak Production Inc., English Translation by Veronica Choi

March 26, 2015
Cha Seung-won has to act hungry for powerIn break from food shows, he portrays Prince Gwanghae
BY KIM YEON-JI [lee.sunmin@joongang.co.kr] INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

1427066776399.jpg
Actor Cha Seung-won, who has been busiest showing off his cooking skills on entertainment shows recently, will go back to his original forte of acting in TV drama. 
The actor is taking on the challenge of doing a period drama, “Hwajeong,” which is about Gwanghaegun of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), the 15th king. Also known as Prince Gwanghae, he didn’t get a name for his reign as other kings did because he was deposed in a coup. 
The drama, which deals with human ambition for power in the era through the many aristocrats actively participating in politics under Gwanghaegun’s regime, will start early next month on broadcaster MBC. 
While Cha showed more of his down-to-earth side on entertainment shows recently, he says he will try to show a more serious side of him as he portrays a historical figure. Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the JoongAng Daily, met with the actor on Monday to talk about how the filming was going for the new drama. 
Q. What’s your point of view on Prince Gwanghae?
A. I’m trying to make the character as natural as possible. It would be too burdensome for me if I focused too much on making the character different from how other actors have portrayed him before. Many focus on charismatic features when they try to describe Gwanghae. But I personally want him to be seen as someone who has some deeper thoughts inside rather just trying to work his absolute power [as a king.] I hope if I put sincerity in, the audience will define what Cha Seung-won’s Gwanghae is like. 
Did you do anything special to prepare for a period drama?
Since the drama is relatively long with 50 episodes, I think it is important to control my mental and physical condition. I’m trying to control myself so that I won’t be fed up too early on. I tend to be more entertaining when filming. That’s because this period drama talks about the chaos at this point in history and I think such a serious story can weigh my mentality down to a great extent. So I try to keep myself more cheerful by communicating more with other actors. 
Which do you prefer, acting or being on entertainment shows?
Whether you do a drama or an entertainment show, it’s the same thing because you need to be sincere. But, I think I need to pay more attention to the finest details when I act, as I have to play someone else. When I do entertainment shows, I’m more down to earth and casual. It’s more burdensome to act, but acting a figure that has been part of the country’s history will make me a more mature actor. I’m half worried and half excited. 
Is there any scene that you can’t wait to see on TV?
There is a scene I filmed recently, which will air towards the end of the first episode in which Prince Gwanghae faces his father King Seonjo. I think that scene will show the gist of what the drama is meant to deliver such as ambition for power. I think that would be the most powerful scene amongst the ones that I have filmed, and I’m most excited about that. 

Archived