[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

The king on his cell phone  :)

Hidden Content

;) Maybe he got important message from the spy. ;)

Okay, the popcorn ready, the juice is ready - time to check how splendid are politics in 17th episode.

Btw must mention that - usually around episode no. 15 I'm expecting slow movements towards concluding the drama and if there are none I feel a bit tired of the story... and that doesn't happen with Hwajung - if that says something about how good is the drama. I want more and more! It has perfect pace, it's well written, it's... it was interesting from the beginning but it's getting more and more interesting. And did I mention that I find this drama extremely beautiful? All those picturesque shots, clothes, perfect captures... :wub:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys, I couldn't resist yet again and had to see some spoilers here for ep. 18.

Gonna try to see both 17 and 18 in one sitting, waiting on subs for 18 now.

Thanks for all the pics and caps guys!

​I planned stuff like this from time to time but never did it. I just can't. Whenever I see new ep. of Hwajung I just HAVE TO watch it as soon as possible. I'm too curious to wait another 24 hours, it's almost painful. 

Guest MaknaeC

2015.06.09 Episode Ratings

ratings_zpsqtgppnll.jpg

AGB NIELSEN

Nationwide

Hwajung - 11% (+0.8)

School 2015 : Who Are You - 8.1% (+0.4)

High Society - 7% (-0.3)

Seoul

Hwajung - 12.7% (+0.8)

School 2015 : Who Are You - 8.6% (+0.5)

High Society - 7.6% (-0.1)

Ok guys, I couldn't resist yet again and had to see some spoilers here for ep. 18.

Gonna try to see both 17 and 18 in one sitting, waiting on subs for 18 now.

Thanks for all the pics and caps guys!

​I planned stuff like this from time to time but never did it. I just can't. Whenever I see new ep. of Hwajung I just HAVE TO watch it as soon as possible. I'm too curious to wait another 24 hours, it's almost painful. 

​@cedarwood,  I know just what you mean I'm holding out until later tonight I always save the best for last before drifting off to sleep.. BTW will you also be watching 6 flying dragons.. 

Also I don't think I'll be able to hold out that long for ep 17 since I'm skeptical about the dialogue between GW and his hitwoman and the hitwoman and the hitman conversation..   

​@cedarwood,  I know just what you mean I'm holding out until later tonight I always save the best for last before drifting off to sleep.. BTW will you also be watching 6 flying dragons.. 

I'm in the middle of 17th episode - wow! The drama keeps its quality. It truly is a masterpiece.

I'll probably watch 6 flying dragons (trying to watch Tree with deep roots). Why?

In the middle of ep 17, well, just in the beginning of it with Kang InWoo and Princess and I have to stop because I promised to watch The Face Reader and tweet about it!  I'll be chatting on twitter, @ sakisaki6,  with  @ mariegossip and @ crazystairs if anyone is interested in that Gwanghae film. 

I'm in the middle of 17th episode - wow! The drama keeps its quality. It truly is a masterpiece.

I'll probably watch 6 flying dragons (trying to watch Tree with deep roots). Why?

​It needs to: it's 50 episodes!  It's doing really well, and I'm so impressed.  Also, Lee Yeon Hee's acting is good, so I'm amazed at her haters. 

@SMP567

"Do you know what they are talking about here?  Thanks"

I am currently on a business trip to Australia (Melbourne) for 10 days, just arrive at the airport,.....I will do when time permits & when connectivity available, most probably when I check in...to the hotel later in the evening (GMT+10:00)

It will hard for me to do translation on a smartphone capabilities

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] Hwajung Ep 18

fsaflkdjsf.jpg

Osen - Naver: 'Hwajung' Seo Kang Joon gets stabbed by the assassin's knife instead of Lee Yeon Hee

1. [+1364, -100] The more I watch this, the more I lose my focus trying to think if someone with that face existed during the Joseon era.. He's so handsome..............

2. [+1154, -136] The drama is good but I can't concentrate because of Lee Yeon Hee's acting 

3. [+772, -27] Don't worry Joo Won, you're one of the main characters which means you won't die 

4. [+130, -13] Despite the sucky acting, the scene when she meets her mom made me cry 

5. [+119, -10] The mother-daughter reunion made me cry.. There were times when I couldn't concentrate because of Lee Yeon Hee's acting and instead, I think of other actresses who would've been much better for this role ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+116, -49] Her acting wasn't bad today... I teared up when she reunited her mom 

7. [+68, -9] The characters are finally alive and the acting has gotten better. It's awesome to see that they're working hard for it 

8. [+61, -3] Todays' episode was really fun. I can't wait for more Seo Kang Joon and Hwayi 

9. [+50, -14] SM, you're rich! Please get her an acting coachㅠㅠ

Cr: kkuljaem

​@cedarwood,  Just asking, I don't know why some people associate TWDR with that drama I don't see the connection I thought the seer would have made a better connection the TWDR.. 

In the middle of ep 17, well, just in the beginning of it with Kang InWoo and Princess and I have to stop because I promised to watch The Face Reader and tweet about it!  I'll be chatting on twitter, @ sakisaki6,  with  @ mariegossip and @ crazystairs if anyone is interested in that Gwanghae film. 

@tulip06,  What is the face reader or you mean the kings face..? 

@SMP567

"Do you know what they are talking about here?  Thanks"

I am currently on a business trip to Australia (Melbourne) for 10 days, just arrive at the airport,.....I will do when time permits & when connectivity available

It will hard for me to do translation on a smartphone capabilities

​@gerrytan8063  Hi Enjoy your trip and come back to us safe and sound I like having you around..

@ororomunroe,@SMP567, Thanks for the videos and stills..

Thank you all for your descriptive comments. Seeing the unsubbed ep 18, it looks like there is much more drama to be had so I am guessing the coup will happen much later than episode 20. As gerrytan8023 said there is going to be a war between Ming and Manchu and the king will not be able to postpone sending Joseon army to help the Ming. But Gwanghae had made a secret deal with the Manchus that the Joseon army will go to the war to help the Ming but will surrender and so save many casualties of war. Gwanghaegun negotiated independently for peace with the Manchus and managed to avoid another war. He also restored diplomatic relationship with Japan when he reopened trade with Japan. However the conservative Joseon pro Ming party will have as one of the reason for the coup. The queen mother will now be more involved and there is that rivalry between In Woo and Joo Won still heating up. That is just my speculating but we shall see. Waiting for ep 18 subs 

Thank you all for your descriptive comments. Seeing the unsubbed ep 18, it looks like there is much more drama to be had so I am guessing the coup will happen much later than episode 20. As gerrytan8023 said there is going to be a war between Ming and Manchu and the king will not be able to postpone sending Joseon army to help the Ming. But Gwanghae had made a secret deal with the Manchus that the Joseon army will go to the war to help the Ming but will surrender and so save many casualties of war. Gwanghaegun negotiated independently for peace with the Manchus and managed to avoid another war. He also restored diplomatic relationship with Japan when he reopened trade with Japan. However the conservative Joseon pro Ming party will have as one of the reason for the coup. The queen mother will now be more involved and there is that rivalry between In Woo and Joo Won still heating up. That is just my speculating but we shall see. Waiting for ep 18 subs 

​@zenya22,  Yes the love triangle is heating up between IW and JW IW is a snake if you ever want to see one.. IW will help make the next King but that King will have to promise her to him.. The Princess will never see this coming.. I'm just hoping that the princess tell GW that the backstabbing snitch fabricated this story.. I wonder will GW see the big picture in all of this they are after him they want him dethrone..  

Well guy's the coupe should come around episode  22 thru 28..       

One of the elements that surprised me in the latest episodes is that the King did not seem overly surprised or shocked to hear about Gyosan betrayal. At least so far, it has not taken a big part. I wonder why.

Ep. 17 seemed like more focus on the romance, which is the least interesting aspect of the drama (for me)
I juts want more Cha Seung-Won screen time.

@cedarwood   TWDR is beyond awesome. It is a masterpiece. And just as we are in awe here of Cha Seung-Won depiction of Gwanghae, you will be equally in awe of Han Suk-Kyu depiction of King Sejong.

Episode 18

Hong Joo Won on Gwanghaegun order asked to bring Princess Jeongmyeong to see Queen Dowager Inmok at Gyeongungung palace (경운궁, 慶運宮presently it is now Deoksugung palace)

Hong Joo Won goes to meet Queen Dowager Inmok

Queen Dowager Inmok: You are saying that you are Minister Hong Yeong's eldest son

Minister Hong Yeong (홍영, 洪霙) 2nd Minister of the Ministry of Rites (Yejo Champan, 예조참판, 禮曹參判, 洪霙, 1584~1645) - Father of Hong Joo Won & future Father in law of Princess Jeongmyeong

Hong Joo Won: yes Mama (마마)....I have met Mama once...a long time ago

Queen Dowager Inmok takes a good look at Hong Joo Won

Queen Dowager Inmok: Yes...indeed, now that I can recalled...at that time, you were the marriage prospect to our Princess (Jeongmyeong)...though under such a circumstances that we are meeting at present

Court Lady (상궁 尙宮 ): But however what is the purpose of your visit?

Hong Joo Won: There is someone that I wish to introduce to you....it is a person that Mama(마마) had yearn & long for...for a long time

Episode 18

Princess Jeomgmyeong goes before Queen Dowager Inmok. Queen Inmok anxious while waiting as Hong Joo Won announce

Hong Joo Won: Mama (마마)?

Door opens & princess Jeongmyeong head to walk into the room first followed by Hong Joo Won

Queen Dowager Inmok looks at Princess Jeongmyeong who is now choke in tears as Queen Dowager Unmok trying to recall to recognise the person that is standing before her. Princess Jeongmyeong had tears rolling down her cheek

Court Lady (상궁 尙宮): I do say over there...aren't you the Hwa Gi Do Gam (Bureau of Arsenal/Firearms, 화기도감,火器都監)....

Queen Dowager Inmok: Wait...hold a moment

Queen Dowager Inmok stagger slightly to get up, as she approaches Princess Jeongmyeong for a better look then to her surprise (she now recognise her daughter) & choke to finds words to speak

Queen Dowager Inmok: Huh!...You....are you perhaps....

Princess Jeongmyeong utters

Princess Jeongmyeong: Eoma Mama (Mother, 어마마마)?

Eoma Mama (어마마마) is when Royal children address their mother

Queen Dowager Inmok touches Princess Jeongmyeong's cheeks, choke that she is speechless then takes a look at Princess Jeongmyeong dressed as a man

Princess Jeongmyeong: Eoma Mama (어마마마)!

Queen dowager Inmok: How...how could you be....how could this be possible.....

Princess Jeongmyeong: Yes...Eoma Mama (어마마마), it is So Nyeo (소녀,少女, means daughter, a female address herself to her mother as a 2nd person), I am Jeongmyeong, Eoma Mama (어마마마)!

Queen Dowager Inmok crying in wails & holding to Princess Jeongmyeong face

Queen Dowager Inmok: Jeongmyeong...how is this possible....that you are still alive....my child...my dearest child!!!

Queen Dowager Inmok collapse to the floor with Princess Jeongmyeong as she embrace Princess Jeongmyeong in a tight embrace as mother & daughter hug each other in tear jerking reunion. Court Lady & Hong Joo Won also feels for them

@SMP567

""Do you know what they are talking about here?  Thanks"

Hong Joo Won (HJW) leaves Gyeongungung palace as he meets Kang In Woo (KIW) outside the palace

KIW: In the end, you finally now know (the truth)

HJW: Yes, I do

KIW: Sigh! I was a fool to have wait....that you had come one step ahead to "snatch" this away...then do you know what is the meaning (reasoning) behind to what I had said to you prior...in reality that you will not be able to do so....today, as for Mama (마마 - Princess Jeongmyeong) to say, it is the most significant (memorable) day of her life, so I will let this pass...but however there will not be a next time...the next time, it will be my "business" (responsibility) moreover it is not for you

KIW walks pass HJW

HJW: But then Kang In Woo....why do you think that it is so?...Why is that I will not able to do?.....Why do you think...I will not able to choose Mama (마마 - Princess Jeongmyeong)

KIW: Sigh!....it looks like that we have return to the point of origin....not to the moment with the Princess (마마) but moreover to the times with Hwa Yi,....yes indeed...although you may not know...but however I do comprehend what your heartfelt feelings are, it is not for the sake of the Bureau (도감,都監 - Bureau of Arsenal/Firearms) that you had keep Hwa Yi at your side, it will not be probably be the only reason

HJW: Don't be too sway (divert) in your thoughts...I was just....

KIW: But then Joo Won?....Do you think that person will ever forgive Chusang (주상  主上 - another alternative address reference to the "King" as a 2nd person)? Do you think that Chusang (주상  主上) will always protect the Princess right to the very end...when the times he has no require needs for her.....No, it will never be....in the end, they will meet each other with a clash of swords in animosity..at that moment, You will choose to remain steadfast at the King's (주상  主上) side....I have already said this much...would that be a considerable  answer for you

Archived