Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

@NongpeeP, tell me about it. That "i miss my mom everyday scene", really really touched my heart. It just hit me like that! You know how quiet Choi Taek's role was in R88 and how everything was bottled up inside of him. I really feel the character, i really feel Taek. To me, his silence means a thousand words. Bogum was amazing, really amazing in potraying that role..

• Like 8

5 hours ago, mai5116 said:

@NongpeeP, tell me about it. That "i miss my mom everyday scene", really really touched my heart. It just hit me like that! You know how quiet Choi Taek's role was in R88 and how everything was bottled up inside of him. I really feel the character, i really feel Taek. To me, his silence means a thousand words. Bogum was amazing, really amazing in potraying that role..

You spoke my mind...bottled up inside.:blush:

{wiki}

A genius Go player who is mostly quiet and struggles with simple day-to-day tasks

Teuk is a very difficult role to portray, this role could be boring from the blocked frame of acting. Park Bo Gum had to push all inners bring audiences feel within. Teuk, as a genius Go player, has been positioned to no explicit expressions. 

Because of Husband's psychological game by PD Shin and Scriptwriter to let audiences debated to create worth of mouth, they are very successful whist Teuk's limited presentation was on.

- I miss my mom everyday: his facial expression, eyes', and gesture still kept such implicit expression but deep inner. 

- From telephone scene to ask movie watching in the first snow in ep.6: Even PD Shin decided from this scene but audiences had no chance to watch Teuk and Doksun had really watched movie but one day when one of the gang mentioned Teuk and Doksun used to watch movie together, that's all from word, not in TV drama.

etc. that Teuk had not shown any feeling but inner could be felt via eyes or little gesture to be thoroughly noticed. 

In addition to hairstyle, Park Bo Gum has also made Teuk's body to have no muscles, esp. on chest and should as Crown Prince's, to be a Go player who sits all the time, no exercise and a little eat. 

• Like 4

Aw..you guys made me break my resolution to go on hiatus again!

Yesss, I miss my Taekie (huhuhu) and my Min-ah......

@syaiira Aw, your post triggered fond memories of last November to Jan when for the first time in my life, I fell deeply in love with a drama character. I followed all the drama discussions like a hawk, here at Soompi and everywhere else that talked about R88. That was also a first in my life. Bogummy made all these firsts for me. That experience is truly, truly unforgettable for me. 

@mellinadear Min in IRY made me all messed up and conflicted. Bogummy as Min made me realize why I can fall so deeply in love with Taekie. After watching IRY (which I did right after R88), I was already convinced that this talented actor will go far. From that point, my concern was how long it would take for him to hit Hallyu status. I'm thankful that MDBC did that.

The airport sightings - he's still so thin....and my heart is pained to see him being stalked like this...sigh..I may have to get used to this since he's a Hallyu star now.

• Like 11

FAN ACCOUNT OF A FAN MEETING PBG AT LAX.

The 1st time I saw him, I was hyperventilating. The 2nd time I saw him, he made my heart beat that I couldn't even move.

ParkBoGum was walking around wearing his white long sleeve star shirt, white hat, blue tiger jeans lol. He went into 4stores.

I saw him but didn't want to approach him, i was nervous & everything, I gave him his space, when i  saw he was leaving, I approached

When i approached him, he was shocked, "he asked me how do I know him" I'm like #kdramas..I asked 4 a sign and he did. 

Cr: STARZ4LIFE (twitter)

• Like 12

Interview of MDBC novel writer

Imagining the romantic lives of royals: Novelist Yun Yi-su finds inspiration from Korea’s past kings and princes

Nov 07,2016

CwkeiPTVEAAaLRG.jpg

Popular web novelist Yun Yi-su takes inspiration for her novels from historical figures of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). [JOONGANG ILBO]

Much has been said about Park Bo-gum, the charming lead of the hit KBS drama series “Love in the Moonlight,” but as much as the show can credit its genial star for its popularity, the TV sensation has also benefited from a genius writer.

The drama is actually an adaptation of a web novel of the same name by popular author Yun Yi-su, who took inspiration from the story of the 19th-century Joseon crown prince Hyomyeong and crafted a romantic fantasy with fictional characters.

Yun’s next novel after “Moonlight,” “Mirage,” was also based on a historical figure. Adding in her own signature fantasy elements, “Mirage” tells the story of the intellectual crown prince Munjong (the son of King Sejong the Great) and his relationship with a girl who can see into the future. The web novel was a hit among readers, maintaining a near-perfect rating of 9.96 on the search engine Naver.

Yun’s historical novels have been read over 50 million times online. The author started from humble beginnings as an online fiction writer in the late 1990s and became a star after the web novel format grew in popularity.

06182103.jpg

During an interview with the JoongAng Ilbo at the Heyri Art Valley in Paju, Gyeonggi, the author discussed her storytelling process and her plans to write a sequel to “Mirage,” completing what she calls her “Joseon Trilogy” next year. Here are edited excerpts from the conversation with Yun.

CwkepoXVQAAZHEy.jpg
Park Bo-gum (right) and Kim You-jung starred in the recent television adaptation of “Love in the Moonlight.” [JOONGANG ILBO]

Q. How did you get started with writing?

A. I attribute that to unrequited love. When I was rejected by my crush in 1997, I ran away to Europe to study abroad. While I was traveling, I submitted writings to [user-submitted fiction] websites such as Romance World and Chol. I remember submitting my stories to as many sites as possible and couldn’t have felt happier when somebody left a comment. It gave me comfort to read Korean comments in a place with no Koreans.

When did you return to Korea?

I received a call in 2005 from a publisher who wanted to release a book. I told them I would do it if they could introduce me to a man. I was lonely and had fantasies about being married. When I walked into the publisher’s office, I immediately thought, “That is the perfect man!” and saw the person who would become my husband (laughs).

We got married, and I naturally came back to live in Korea. My husband, who is also a fantasy novelist, became both my biggest fan and harshest critic.

Your current works do not resemble your first writings. How did you become interested in history?

I always loved history even as a child. While I was growing up in Pyeongchang, Gangwon, my history teacher went far beyond the test material and taught us much more detailed lessons. I remember doing detailed research on King Yeonsan of the Joseon Dynasty for a debate.

I still read my textbook on the Joseon Dynasty often. With history, there is much room for the imagination to roam. While the textbook may recount what a historical figure said, the rest can be made up. When I created a story based on Princess Uisun, I realized I had a talent for this genre.

How do you select the historical figures for your stories?

In the case of “Moonlight,” I originally wanted to write a story about King Heonjong. However, when I visited Nakseonjae Hall at Changdeok Palace to do research, the audio guide said the king’s father was incredibly handsome.

After further investigation, I realized it was true. Not only that, but the father’s poetry, paintings and music were beautiful. I was luckily also able to see his famous cloud painting of an imaginary moon hidden in the skies, and that provided the necessary inspiration.

Do you imagine your character’s faces as you create them? 

Of course. Not just that, I also imagine their height, birthplace, favorite color and blood type before writing. Although this was changed in the TV drama, the face of Yi-young [another name for Crown Prince Hyomyeong] was supposed to be indistinguishable from that of a girl. The character was often scolded by his grandmother as a child, so he came to be frightened by girls and formed a defense mechanism. Such small details must be explored so that the whole story can come alive.

Will your next novel star another crown prince?

Although that’s true, I can’t confirm who it will be. One of the perks of being a web novelist is sharing ideas with my readers and crafting the story as it progresses, just like a puzzle. I’m already starting to form ideas based on the comments I receive.

If my entire trilogy is adapted for television, I hope Park will star in all three.

BY MIN KYUNG-WON [chung.jinhong@joongang.co.kr]

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3025821

++++++

I am interested on reading the last question. I am not sure I like it if Bo Gum is typecast into a certain character however wonderful he will be unless every character bringing something new. Trusting Bo Gum to make a good decision of his next work.

• Like 9