Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

*** The Black Label will be relocating its main office to Hannam W Office, a building in Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, some time in the first half of 2024, possibly as early as next month. Since its founding in 2016, The Black Label has been headquartered at the YG Entertainment office in Hapjeong-dong. It was primarily considered an outside record production company working with YG artists. However, recently, the entertainment agency has made moves to expand its activities, recruiting various artists like Bogum and launching auditions to discover new talents. Poor YG. It's never been the same after the Burning Sun's case came out.   :cutekitty:

[New Drama] "Good Boy" (2024)

photo1758829.jpg

Directed by Sim Na-yeon

Written by Lee Dae-il-I

Network: JTBC

With Park Bo-gum, Kim So-hyun, Oh Jung-se,...

Synopsis
A comical action youth investigative drama in which medalists who became police officers as special recruits from the Olympics wear police ID cards around their necks instead of medals and fight against a world rife with unscrupulousness and foul play.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2024

Following the success of “Moving”, Studio&NEW announced its lineup of new movies and dramas for 2024

First, “Good Boy” is a comedy action youth investigative drama revolving around Olympic medalists becoming police officers through a special selection so instead of wearing medals around their necks, they wear police badges and fight against injustice and violations. The drama was created by “The Good Bad Mother” and “Beyond Evil” director Shim Na-yeon and “Life On Mars” writer Lee Dae-il. The casting of Park Bo-gum and Kim So-hyun also raised viewers’ expectations. It will be released on JTBC in the second half of 2024.

20240117112115410eqqe.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240117112115283

From Laughter to Life Lessons: 5 K-Dramas that you can watch together with the family

Finding a show where the entire family can sit and enjoy together can be difficult. Fortunately, numerous heartwarming Korean dramas fit the bill perfectly. These shows offer a delightful mix of laughter, valuable life lessons, and even moments of heartfelt emotion.

If you're in search of a family-friendly series, keep reading. We have compiled a list of 5 family-friendly dramas perfect for everyone to enjoy together. So, grab your popcorn, gather the family, and embark on these unforgettable K-drama journeys.

Reply 1988 (2016)

1705154379-kdrama-reply1988.jpg

Episodes: 20 + special

One of the classics and top among slice-of-life coming-of-age dramas, ‘Reply 1988’ can be called a favorite of many. The show takes you on a nostalgic trip down memory lane as it focuses on the lives of five friends and their families as they navigate the challenges of adolescence, friendship, and bonds.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/01/from-laughter-to-life-lessons-5-k-dramas-that-you-can-watch-together-with-the-family

*** I loved Encounter.  It's my favorite drama. I enjoyed watching it.   :Twerkdatbutt:

5 K-Dramas With Sweet Yet Strong Couples To Watch

2. “Encounter”

Encounter-1.jpg

Sometimes reality can be harder than any other obstacle, and nobody understands this better than Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo). She has to not only put up with an overbearing political family but also carry the responsibility of bringing back to business the hotel she received as her only alimony after a disastrous divorce. So she travels to Cuba, where she is preparing to obtain a new hotel in order to make her way out of her dreadful circumstances. But what she never expects is to meet a man who will turn her life upside down.

encounter.jpeg

The last thing on Soo Hyun’s mind is to fall in love, let alone fall for Kim Jin Hyun (Park Bo Gum), a younger man whose career is just beginning. He has no connections and is not afraid to fight for their love despite having all the odds against them. Through overcoming many prejudices and skimmings, they find the courage to live in love and live their lives to the fullest. Though this drama doesn’t exactly have any kind of magic, special abilities, or curses from the past, the fantasy-like scenarios full of beautiful sunsets, cheerful music, and a handsome young photographer make this 2018 drama worthy of being part of this list.

You can watch “Encounter” below:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

IU, Park Bo Gum, And More Gear Up For Upcoming Drama “When Life Gives You Tangerines”

IU, Park Bo Gum, And More Gear Up For Upcoming Drama “When Life Gives You Tangerines”

Get ready for IU and Park Bo Gum’s upcoming drama “When Life Gives You Tangerines” (working title)!

“When Life Gives You Tangerines” will be written by hit writer Lim Sang Chun of “Fight My Way” and “When the Camellia Blooms” and directed by Kim Won Seok, who previously worked on “Misaeng (Incomplete Life),” “Signal,” and “My Mister.”

The Korean title is written in Jeju dialect and translates to “You Have Done Well.” The drama will tell the adventurous life stories of Ae Sun and Gwan Sik who were born on Jeju Island in the 1950s. IU will play the role of the bold and rebellious Ae Sun while Park Bo Gum will star as Gwan Sik, a quiet but reliable character.

IU, who boasts an impressive filmography with projects such as “My Mister,” “Hotel Del Luna,” “Broker,” “Dream,” and more, will be working with director Kim Won Seok for the second time following “My Mister.” Her character Ae Sun was born and raised on Jeju Island, and she is an ambitious and rebellious character who fights against her given fate.

Having impressed in numerous projects including the drama “Record of Youth,” film “Seo Bok,” and musical “Let Me Fly,” Park Bo Gum will be transforming into the steady Gwan Sik, who prefers to express himself through actions rather than words. As an earnest character, he has only loved Ae Sun with a pure heart.

IU-Park-bo-Gum-2.jpeg

Furthermore, Moon So Ri of “Three Sisters,” “Queenmaker,” and “Race” and Park Hae Joon of “My Mister,” “The World of the Married,” and “12.12: The Day” will be taking on the roles of Ae Sun and Kwan Sik when they are older.

Spoiler

moon-so-ri-park-hae-joon-1.jpeg

Stay tuned for more updates on the drama!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639853wpp/iu-park-bo-gum-and-more-gear-up-for-upcoming-drama-when-life-gives-you-tangerines

*** On January 26, Kim Ji Suk posted a video on his YouTube channel to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of his debut. Here, Kim Ji Suk told a sweet story about Park Bo Gum, whom he co-starred in a drama 11 years ago, which was SBS' drama 'Wonderful Mama' (2013). He talked about what it was like to work with Park Bo Gum, who played his first major role in the drama. Kim Ji Suk said he used to buy Park Bo Gum a meal many times while shooting the drama together and fondly added, "Bo Gum just loved having pizza! He didn't seem to forget about it until this day. Bo Gum texts me every couple of years to say that he remembers how I used to buy him meals. He has a way of showing his sweet side unexpectedly like that."   :piggie:

https://youtu.be/msRXkrLOJRo

201888119_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** After teasing this pairing over a year ago, I'm happy that the first reading stills for When Life Gives You Tangerines  have dropped. Based off a phrase in the Jeju dialect, the show’s Korean title translates to “you have done well,” which was the drama’s previous English translation. Besides the cast, the people behind the cameras are also filled with recognizable and amazing talents. The PD from (Arthdal Chronicles) will be directing. As for the script, the writer of When the Camellia Blooms and Fight My Way has returned to pen this. I hope we could get to know the official date of release soon but, I guess it will most likely air sometime this year. NICE that the show has been picked up by Netflix. It's in the timeframe on Netflix coming soon. Wow, IU and Bogummy together!  I'll be seated and ready for this one. Looks like most of the story will be spent when they're young-- I am excited to see IU and Bogum on my screen soon!   :Fist1:

*** Japanese fans stand out for their unwavering passion and deep-rooted love for these shows. They're not just passive viewers; they're dedicated aficionados who live and breathe the world of K-dramas. Japanese fans have put together a wishlist, a curated lineup of K-drama couples they're itching to see back on screen for a second season.  :heart4:

1706654405-image.png

Rank 1 - King the Land (Lee Jun Ho x YoonA)

Rank 2 - Nevertheless (Song Kang x Han So Hee)

Rank 3 - Love in the Moonlight (Park Bo Gum x Kim Yoo Jung)

Rank 4 - What's Wrong with Secretary Kim (Park Seo Joon x Park Min Young)

Rank 5 - The Heirs (Lee Min Ho x Park Shin Hye)

Rank 6 - My Love from the Star (Kim Soo Hyun x Jun Ji Hyun)

Rank 7 - Crash Landing on You (Hyun Bin x Son Ye Jin)

Rank 8 - Reply 1997 (Seo In Guk x Jung Eun Ji)

Rank 9 - Goblin (Gong Yoo x Kim Go Eun)

Rank 10 - Descendants of the Sun (Song Joong Ki x Song Hye Kyo)

source : allkpop

*** The drama "When Life Gives You Tangerines"  is high profile not just for the leads but, also the script from the writer who wrote Fight For My Way and When the Camella Blooms. I can't wait for this drama.   :hypehype:

• partyon changed the title to Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy
On 1/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

@backstreetboysfan  He posted several photos on his Instagram  with the caption - "I sincerely thank the actors, staff, and audiences like the sunshine of a spring day who accompanied me on a path that I had never imagined before! - He  expressed his feelings after finishing his musical debut, "Let Me Fly".  :Ohboy3:

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 12:23 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Get ready for IU and Park Bo Gum’s upcoming drama “When Life Gives You Tangerines” (working title)!

“When Life Gives You Tangerines” will be written by hit writer Lim Sang Chun of “Fight My Way” and “When the Camellia Blooms” and directed by Kim Won Seok, who previously worked on “Misaeng (Incomplete Life),” “Signal,” and “My Mister.”

The Korean title is written in Jeju dialect and translates to “You Have Done Well.” The drama will tell the adventurous life stories of Ae Sun and Gwan Sik who were born on Jeju Island in the 1950s. IU will play the role of the bold and rebellious Ae Sun while Park Bo Gum will star as Gwan Sik, a quiet but reliable character.

IU, who boasts an impressive filmography with projects such as “My Mister,” “Hotel Del Luna,” “Broker,” “Dream,” and more, will be working with director Kim Won Seok for the second time following “My Mister.” Her character Ae Sun was born and raised on Jeju Island, and she is an ambitious and rebellious character who fights against her given fate.

Having impressed in numerous projects including the drama “Record of Youth,” film “Seo Bok,” and musical “Let Me Fly,” Park Bo Gum will be transforming into the steady Gwan Sik, who prefers to express himself through actions rather than words. As an earnest character, he has only loved Ae Sun with a pure heart.

Furthermore, Moon So Ri of “Three Sisters,” “Queenmaker,” and “Race” and Park Hae Joon of “My Mister,” “The World of the Married,” and “12.12: The Day” will be taking on the roles of Ae Sun and Kwan Sik when they are older.

Reveal hidden contents

moon-so-ri-park-hae-joon-1.jpeg

Stay tuned for more updates on the drama!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639853wpp/iu-park-bo-gum-and-more-gear-up-for-upcoming-drama-when-life-gives-you-tangerines

@backstreetboysfan  I wonder why in Netflix 2024 lineup there's no traces of IU and Park Bo Gum's forthcoming drama. What is going on? Will Netflix still air this drama this year? It is missing from the lineup. Where Is IU & Park Bo Gum's “When Life Gives You Tangerines”'?   :kitty:

• Like 1