Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

Let me give you a rough translation of that MangoTV interview that @gumtaek posted. 

Greetings. I am Park Bo Gum, the Crown Prince Lee Young in Gurumi.

What made you decide to take up this project?

When I first read the script, it struck me that the CP is a very attractive character. And I felt that this would be a project that allows me to exhibit a different role to the audience. After quickly reading through the script I felt that this is an opportunity not to be missed and so that's how I ended up meeting the audience in this project. 

How would you describe the CP?

He is a person with different sides and he shows different emotions when facing different situations. He has a lot of inner strength. He thinks about things, plans ahead and prepares himself. He may appear weak and emotional outwardly but his thoughtfulness about things makes him a very attractive character. 

How is the atmosphere with KYJ at filming?

Initially it was a little awkward as we did not know each other. As you know, she's my sunbaenim. She taught me a lot about acting in a Sageuk drama. As we got immersed in our characters, I became Lee Young and she became Ra On and as we interacted in our characters we became closer. As we worked together and ate together we also became more comfortable with each other. We became like brother and sister.

What has left the greatest impression on you?

As we worked together, we changed from being strangers to being very close with one another. The sunbaenims and the production team and all the staff show me, KYJ, JY, KDY, CSB a lot of love and look out for our welfare. Especially towards me, they keep asking if I'm alright. When they see that I looked tired, they supported me by cheering me on. They will adjust the filming angle and use make up to ensure that my tiredness is covered up and they can present me in the best possible light. I keep reminding myself that I have so much support and love from everyone on the set and I am very thankful for this. We worked very happily together and there's so much love and support for everyone. The happy working atmosphere is what makes the whole experience very enjoyable and memorable.

Let's have some applause here.

end 

• Like 18

uwaahh i have been replaying My Person on loop the whole day and still not getting bored lol,,

i think my addiction to this song on same level as my Dururu baby which is really something

great job Bogum :P

• Like 6

image.png

I just watch The Admiral: Roaring Currents. wow, just wow. the whole hour of action and emotional.such a great movie. PBG has a small role but very noticeable, a brave guy. such an honor for him to work with those actor and involve in such big project. i really want PBG do a blockbuster movie next. he already do well in small screen now the big screen

PBG and go kyung pyo must run in a small circle of something, its not coincident thats they have done 5 projects together

Screen_Shot_2016_10_13_at_2_41_22_AM.png

• Like 4

RESPONSES TO PARK BOGUM’S OST [ MY PERSON ]

by admin♥bogummy | Oct 13, 2016 | Notice | 0 comments

RESPONSES TO PARK BOGUM’S OST [ MY PERSON ]

Its Day 2 and Park Bo Gum’s “Nae Saram” is still top on the Realtime instiz chart!

Shall we take a look at how this song has been received?

It seems that it’s so far, so great!

Here are some excerpts from some articles:

Park Bo Gum makes an all-kill on music charts with his OST song for ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’

“Park Bo Gum’s expressive vocals that range from calm to painful is equal to his acting ability, which is also filled with different expressive emotions. ” ~ allkpop.com

“Park Bogum takes kpop charts by storm: Is he really a good singer?”

“Then, do you think Park Bogum is really a good singer? Well, I can’t say he is a great singer, but he’s not a bad singer either. As he didn’t have a professional training as a singer, his singing technique is a little bit rough, while it seems like he has a difficulty in hitting the high notes. However, his voice is pure and attractive, which means he has a potential. I don’t think he will be active as a singer in the future, but one thing is certain that the gentle-hearted young star will try to find various ways to please his fans.”
~kpopbehind 

The most lovely thing is, people who met Bogum before also have very kind words to say!

Yoo Jae Hwan, also a singer who had debut in Infinite Challenge in October 2015, posted this in his Instagramaccount :

“I repent my self after I heard #ParkBoGum ‘s “My Person”, certified member of Bogum Ministry”

” Ah it’s really the best…
#purificationfortheEars

I really should sing a song with sincerity like him… I heard this song and repent so much… meanwhile I realized that I sang a song artificially so I’ll repent my self for sure…and I have this blessed photo, I’ll live with thankful mind for all of my life.. the photo that’s as precious as family photo … ”

source : translations by Irene 1

Naver-news.png?w=1080

Naver also reports on the OST release. And since its Naver, you know what to do! Please give the article a ♥

naver-heart

If you have yet to own a Naver account, its really easy! Just follow the instructions here.

Google-search.png?w=1080

Even international news sites are reporting about Bogum’s OST.
Our boy is making waves! And we cannot be prouder or happier!

You have worked very hard, Bogummy! 정말 고마워요!
Now how long can we help to keep him there? Just keep streaming…streaming…

http://bogummyday.com/2016/10/13/ost_response/

• Like 8

Hello everyone!  Can I also jump in on this?  I am from the MDBC thread and quite new to this forum.  Please be kind to me, sunbae-nims.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!  :)

I first saw PBG in Reply 1988 and I liked him as Choi Taek.  But I was Team Jung Hwan so I really felt bad that Deok-Sun and Choi Taek ended up together (my heart still hurts for Jung Pal...  *sniff sniff*).  Then, a few months back, I saw the Boombastic teaser and I was like, "Oooooh, it's Choi Taek dancing!"  And from that moment on, my fangirling life started.

I look forward to your posts, sunbae-nims, and  I am happy to be supporting PBG with you all.  I'll just be lurking and liking so please don't mind me.  Hihi.  :)

• Like 7

Folks, I have done minor editing to make the translation post a little more readable. The earlier post was done in a jiffy as it was late.

Haha, I like this: "but one thing is certain that the gentle-hearted young star will try to find various ways to please his fans.” Yes, Bogummy, we will be extremely satisfied if you can give us just one OST per drama/movie!!!

I rewatched My Sassy Girl with hubby last evening (we watched this a long time ago when I did not know who CTH was and only cared about enjoying shows). Realized that I would like to see Bogummy in a comical role. I really like the adorable teenage boy that he was in Wonderful Mama. So far, Bogummy has made me cry very easily in all his dramas and movies. Would like to experience him making me laugh easily sometime in a future project haha...PD Shin has said he's not a naturally funny guy, so I wonder what it would be like to see a really funny Bogummy. 

@mellinadear @daynci Agree that it would be great to see him taking a lead role in a blockbuster movie. He has been in blockbuster movies before, just not the male lead. Haha I watched Roaring Currents at a time when I did not know who he was!

• Like 6

Hello! 

This is not technically my first time in a forum. I was just a silent reader before. (lurker in JCW and Healer thread). For the love of Bogummy, I want to participate in this thread. Haha!

Fell in love with him upon watching MDBTC then subsequently fell harder in Reply 1988 (and now I still cant get over it). HAHA!

So yeps. Hi! hehe. Have a nice day! :)

PS: I love PBG's Nae Saram!! <3

• Like 9

20 hours ago, 4evgbogummy said:

Haha...I second that! But make him 'talk' to the female lead in songs at critical points! We get both the non-verbal acting and his singing. What a feast!

yes both songs by pbg and piano pieces could be utilised and i think it would be a beautiful performance

• Like 3

@4evgbogummy thanks for the translation and i always worry that bogum is too humble when answering interview question. i hope people will not take advantages for his sincerity.....

i found one of his old picture (Mountbell shop opening? credit to heyfen ) ...we can see how he behave / considerate taking picture with other people who is a bit shorter height than him....:):)

welcome all bogum new fan:) I also mostly " like " and "enjoy" all of bogum hardcore fan comments and updates eventhough i join bg thread since canabile and i remember you time. 

• Like 8

@dahae2006 Ikr. I felt so sad when I read on Twitter that some new "shipper" fans started accusing him of bringing down the MDBC ratings because of his interactions with Hyeri at the TVN awards. And on weibo I came across some KYJ fans saying rubbishy things about him too. Only true fans of his who have observed him for a while know what a kind and gentle hearted person he is and how he always tries to put other people's interests first. That's why he gave such good fan service at the TVN awards in the first place. 

I have been lurking in this thread, SunTaek's thread and Taek's Room (which has been closed) since R88 days and have come to realize his true fans are the ones participating in this and previously, SunTaek's thread. That's why I have chosen to participate in this thread. I do lurk in some of the other sites or check on accounts I follow esp weibo accounts when I have spare time. But because I sometimes do come across nonsense from these places due to a number of them being just transient fans, I have decided to cut down my contact at these places to save myself the unnecessary angst and unhappiness. 

• Like 7

Hi Bogummers!

I'm also new in this thread, I broke my silence after reading 400+ pages :D

and also I am not very in good in words that's why I'm rarely post to any thread.

I am here because as far as I remember If I like the asian actor in one drama I follow his another project either a movie or tv series but no one satisfies me until PBG. I am so amazed to his acting abilities, he surpassed my expectation he got me in R88 but fell hard in MDBC.

He is very interesting person I enjoy watching him either varities or interviews not to mention his voice OMG I'm so in love to his "My Person OST!!!

This amazing young man with full of talents will be my favorites FOREVER!!! :wub:

Thank you everyone for this thread and sharing your thoughts, translation, and admiration for him!

I really enjoy reading all your comments!

God bless you all!  :heart:

• Like 12