[Drama 2014] Liar Game 라이어 게임

StaRix

At the end of the day Woo Jin created liar game? Trust each other and we won't die or fall in the well.. And that broker with his rubik cube!

But really his mom (sorry no offence) but is she a fool or what. That line " pretty like Da Jung but a little older" creeps me out from a mile away, lets say she couldnt have predicted what happened with Do Young. But that...? She really lived in a bubble.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fishiesm

misaeng production is in talks for second season. so lets hope liar game production will go for second season too. crossing fingers!!

Lee sang yoon really looks different from his ha woo jin role. He seems to be a jolly person in real life but in liar game you can only count the times that the badass ha woo jin smiled. Very good acting and character portrayal.

OMG! He went to Indonesia??? Goosh... If only I kneeew *go to the corner and weep*

And .. WOW!! he indeed did a lot of thing. not to mention visiting laystall and sawing off wood. And I tell you guys.. that place is truly madly deeply smelly. For him to go there without wearing mask to cover his nose ..well... hats off.

Thank you dear Lee Sang Yoon. Thank you for the good deed that you did for us in Indonesia. May God always bless u with good health and happiness............... and Liar Game: Season 2. Ameen!

Hmmm... the resolution...
I'm still not really sure what I think about the last episode, the ending... etc etc.
On a certain level, we did find out KDY's motivation for the game and we had the good guys triumphing over the bad one (sort of) albeit temporarily.The suggestion that there will be follow-up games is not entirely surprising, considering that a great deal of resources were obviously needed to put something like this together.KDY was no simple villain and as capable of thuggery as he was of manipulating others. However, he was not (as most of us have surmised) the one pulling the strings ultimately. I daresay that in a real enough way, he was the biggest puppet of them all.
Overall I feel that the execution, in the fine tradition of kdrama endings, was rushed. Clearly they dragged out some of the more melo stuff and then rushed through a lot of the actual game exposition.Unfortunately, I found the whole childhood angle very unsatisfying. In the end it sort of reverted to a tried and true kdrama trope of explaining the game host's motivation. So they all knew each other as kids, played a proto-Liar Game which basically was behind the impulse to get the whole show on the road. It sort of felt like I was watching a less hokey version of Missing You.
For me the Walden Two project didn't get as much of a play as I would have liked. Aside from the actual games, it was by far the most interesting aspect of the show. Perhaps they're saving it for a later time but apparently that's no guarantee either! 
Kudos to the actors though. The acting was top-notch all round and they all looked like they had a ball. I especially loved LSY and SSR. Both played men who were dangerous in different ways. Special mention also to the actress who played Jamie... whose versatility was definitely needed for the role. Hope we get to see them all again in another season of suspense, backstabbing and counterattacks.

Guest liamandniall4ever

Kolorful Palette: Let the games begin [Liar Game]by Fanderay | November 30, 2014 | 11 Comments

liargameoil.jpg~originalliargameoilb.jpg

I have to say, it comes as a massive relief to finally watch a drama that delivered everything I had hoped for and didn’t leave me resenting its squandered potential. I’ve been clamoring all year for a show with twists and turns that actually carry through to to the end, and my hunger has been more than satisfied (if anything, I’m full to bursting). Liar Game delivered so much more than that though, and I can’t think of a drama this year that I’ve enjoyed more.

[Read more]

Archived