[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ascsp  I think it's more like dementia^^
Summarize VL in 3 key points:1.  Fishy2. Rated PG---aka Disney does fake adultery3. Dementia
Kim Joon is...1. hawt2. a big bad carpenter3. Mine:)
Ilri is...1. a mackerel2. HT's legal and valid byatch3. god's gift to all women/some men by giving away Kim Joon to the world at large
HT is...1. Dr. Mackerel2. god's gift to all MILs in SK3. Writer-nim's Valid Love

MochiRochi said: I definitely agree with you @ascsp

The writer dropped the ball with HT, because no matter how you see it she decided to show Kim Joon and Il Ri as a couple and not IR and HT. I still don't understand why their flashbacks, whenever they thought about the other, was during the high school scenes. We're told that they have a great marriage that made people jealous, but we never saw it. You can't root for a married couple on a show if you don't show them as a married couple. The only time they had scenes together where they actually interacted for more than a minute or so was after the slap incident. Before then, it was KJ/IR all the time and HT off doing his work.

CUT

@ascsp  Yes, same with me. I really didn't care about whomever or whatever when I first checked out Valid Love. I just decided to check it out since Dramabeans came out with a review that sounded interesting and I was looking for something to watch after Misaeng ( great, amazing, perfect drama which I have no intention of watching again ever--too depressing^^). It happened to be that it was ep 3 I stumbled upon....and I'm like HELLO, NAKED KIM JOON, got hooked with this scene, but still not enough to make me addicted to VL and LSH, but definitely the ending of ep 3 made me wanna watch ep4 ; and I was in love by the end of ep 4. Whatever her writing cray-cray dementia threads were, I will always be so grateful to writernim for creating big bad carpenter and making me fall in love with a fictional character:)  Eeeeeekkkkk, the pangs of breaking up/parting feel sooooooo real! Ok, that sounds really crazy:(  
I also didn't have any fangirl feelings towards LSH prior to him being Kim Joon.  So yeah...writernim wrote Kim Joon to be this really super force of a carpenter like STOP already:) ...and  HT was like, really, really, reminds me of one of my former sexist bosses....I could already smell his middle-aged geezer hormone odor...needless to say the way they wrote HT was like a super turn0ff for me.  
BY the way, calling all KJ/LSH fans, I am just squeeeinng about the news that LSH will have his first Thai fan meeting in April. I am no way near Asia, do not have the time to fly, passport not renewed, but this news makes me wanna just go anyway^^ 

@snklgs
For me usually HT isn't so bad. I don't find him more sexist than other typical kdrama characters, and he is a good man for sure. But it isn't enough, that's all. And the gloating of final episode make me boil with anger towards him, yes, because he knows that KJ is still in love with IR so all the smiling and boasting is really like shoot someone wounded on the ground. What for? Your wife is yours porever because it's fate, are you gloating for the liking of hurting him? Oh, good job, what a great man you are! Are we in primary school? Geeez.... disgusting.

It's hard to forget big bad carpenter, it's true. Other disposable characters/drama aren't helpful.... Carpenter, oh carpenter, why are you fictional?  :))

Goodbye Kim Joon, HELLO super model Soo Hyuk!This pic shows that he is back to his super cool model self.  Here's what I realized, Kim Joon, especially in the end, had that gentle soft quality to him that LSH doesn't project usually.  Here I am posting KJ pic and his latest pic as comparison-- the overall "vibe" is just different.  Btw, I am posting more hawt LSH pics on the LSH thread. I feel compelled to document what he's doing here. 

Incheon Airport, Feb 22, Off to Hawaii for a photoshoot for Marie Claire, with Kim Young GwangTotally NOT Kim Joon!WAIT....Hawaii!...means more abs pics" ^^B-cX4d0CIAAFJ1b_zpsjbyh18iz.jpg

Soft, big, bad, lonely, carpenter. Sometimes, LSH brings this side of him out too. For example, when he was talking about Nuthang on Strong Heart or after he disses/fails at dissing HJH on Style log. momayc_zpsqm0pd6ad.jpg

@snklgs
Super model LSH has a lot of coolness, is gorgeous, and I'm glad for him, wish him the best etc... but I sincerely prefer soft lonely big bad carpenter. Usually actors and actresses in real life are (or seem) very different from their best characters in dramas/movies, and it's understandable, don't you think? But I wonder if something of KJ character is part of LSH real self or not...In any case if we are lucky someone else will notice LSH softer side and will offer him deep and meaningful roles in the future! Acting as a cool, cold, gorgeus male could be fun for a short while, I think, but then it turns boring for everyone, actor and viewers.

201502231412777501_54eab934c3728_zpsypkp

Reposting from the soompi news page, cross-posted on Lee Soo Hyuk soompi forum http://www.soompi.com/2015/02/23/lee-soo-hyuk-talks-about-his-career-ambitions-in-pictorial-for-elle/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=tumblr&utm_campaign=lee-soo-hyuk-talks-about-his-career-ambitions-in-pictorial-for-elle 
 Lee Soo Hyuk will be featured in the March edition of Elle magazine through a pictorial and interview. He talks about his aspirations for his acting career and how his body is different from his modeling days. While he began his career as a model. Lee Soo Hyuk is now acting in television and films. His body has changed significantly from his modeling days, as he has gained weight and has put on some muscle. Regarding this change, he shares, “Gaining weight can make me look more ordinary, and I think that will give me more opportunities to play a variety of roles.” Lee Soo Hyuk is enjoying a growing presence as an actor and recently wrapped up his role as carpenter Kim Joon in tvN’s “Valid Love.” In “Valid Love,” he played a character who is in love with a married woman. It could have been a character who was easy to hate, but he was able to portray the character sympathetically. He describes the hard-work he put into the character of Kim Joon. “Out of all my previous works, I had the most scenes in this project. As he was a character with deep emotions, I had to be focused so it was difficult at times.” He says that he’s known what direction he wants to go in life but was never ambitious about the rate at which he was going. However, he is now becoming more ambitious. “I’ve developed a greed and even impatience now. As I experience good results, I have confidence in and enjoy my work. I want to keep doing it.”

PS: I am in the middle of an extremely busy work week, but just had to post since LSH has been quite busy too:)

Wooooohooooo Choi Yeo Jin on a new project! And she will be a noona in a noona romance! Happy happy happy....

snklgs said:
CUT
In “Valid Love,” he played a character who is in love with a married woman. It could have been a character who was easy to hate, but he was able to portray the character sympathetically. He describes the hard-work he put into the character of Kim Joon. “Out of all my previous works, I had the most scenes in this project. As he was a character with deep emotions, I had to be focused so it was difficult at times.” He says that he’s known what direction he wants to go in life but was never ambitious about the rate at which he was going. However, he is now becoming more ambitious. “I’ve developed a greed and even impatience now. As I experience good results, I have confidence in and enjoy my work. I want to keep doing it.”CUT

@ascsp apparently, we are not alone in our greedy love^^ he's been quite busy since VL ended with photoshoots for Harper's bazaar, elle, Marie claire...and events too;)

@snklgs
Well, we can't complain, right?
I really really REALLY hope for more deep roles for him. Very soon... ok, not very soon: right now.
A moment ago I was staring at his close up and silently whining "where the hell are you? Hurry!"

Guest angeldarling

class="single__title entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 2.8125em; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0px 0px 0.5em; padding: 0px;"[★VIDEO] Lee Si Young is lovely in beauty pictorials with SURE X M.A.CLee Si Young for M.A.CPosted on February 24, 2015http://www.koreaboo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/69775053.2_99_20150224130903.jpg Lee Si Young for M.A.C Lee Si Young for M.A.C Lee Si Young for M.A.C

Source: Sports Donga

Archived