[Drama 2014] 9th Boy/Plus Nine Boys - 아홉수 소년 - Thank You For Watching!

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title" “Plus Nine Boys” Director on the “Suspiciously Close” Kim Young Kwang and Kyung Soo Jin “Plus Nine Boys” Director on the “Suspiciously Close” Kim Young Kwang and Kyung Soo Jin

Recently, “Plus Nine Boys” director Yoo Hak Chan met with My Daily for an interview, where he talked about Kim Young Kwang and Kyung Soo Jin’s close relationship.

If the theme of the “Reply” drama series was finding a husband for the main female character, the theme for “Plus Nine Boys” is “the one couple that makes it to a happy ending.” While it’s natural for people to want a happy ending for all of the couples, the director revealed that he could feel the great and growing response from viewers after every episode.

One of the most loved couples in “Plus Nine Boys” was Kang Jin Goo (Kim Young Kwang) and Ma Se Young (Kyung Soo Jin). While they just seemed like bickering siblings at first, they transformed into quite the lovable couple, with Kang Jin Goo’s grumbling acceptance of Ma Se Young, and Se Young, who becomes just like any other girl next to Jin Goo.

Kim Young Kwang Kyung Soo Jin 1

Director Yoo Hak Chan talked about Kim Young Kwang and Kyung Soo Jin’s suspiciously close relationship, saying, “They even acted suspiciously, and were extremely – sometimes overly – friendly with each other on set. They’re only one year apart and both from Incheon, and I think that made them closer. It was both of their first times in main role, so they had a lot of ambition. It was strange how good they looked together. The height difference between them is large and there were a lot of physically close scenes, but they didn’t have many outtakes.”

The director went on to mention that, because he used to be a variety show director, he in a sense shot scenes with the couple like he might have for “We Got Married.”

“The two really practiced a lot, but as the episodes went by, their relationship became really natural, and I think that’s what the viewers liked. Personally, I’m thankful for a lot of the actors, but I’m especially thankful for Kim Young Kwang and Kyung Soo Jin,” the director said, and complimented the two on their characters.

Sungjae Chorong

The director also talked about the kiss scene between BTOB’s Yook Sungjae and A Pink’s Chorong. He said, “The two were really close, so rehearsals went well. It was both of their first times doing a kiss scene, and the set was really awkward. As a fan of A Pink myself, I didn’t want to shoot a kiss scene, but I had no choice.”

In other news, the drama taking over the “Plus Nine Boys” time slot will be “Misaeng,” starring Im Siwan, Kang Sora, and Kang Ha Neul.

credit to SOOMPI

Last track starts.

Jin goo chased sae young up to her place. They argue a bit then sae young left him outside her house.

Samchun waiting at the cafe, gets a "sorry oppa" from Da In. Calls her, she dsnt pick up. Goes up to her unit, no answer. Da in driving with eggy. Poor samchun, no one is insode the house. :(( Da in cries as she drives.

Min goo waiting for his turn in the competition, bong sook shows up. He smiles. Gets very determined to win. Fight starts, bong sook watches. Opponent scores. He looks at the audience, bong sook is gone. He says "adios". Haha

Next day, Samchun goes to Da In's cafe, it closed. He sits outside and wait. Went to eun suh's school, no eggy. Sends Da In a message. No reply.

Jin goo at the office, no sae young. No replies from his text messages. He goes to the staricase, calls her, no reply. Co worker asks him where is Sae Young, he makes excuse. Mean manager tells him she resigned(?) jin goo shock,doesnt know. Runs to her place, no answer. Calls her, no ans. (our girls are running awayyyyyy) he goes back to the office. He telles things to jae bum, submits his resignation letter. As he leaves, Jae bum calls him.. Scene cut. Ugh.

Sae young at friends place. Wrap around in a blanket. Friend tells her to eat. No appetite. (Really something wrong with her) Her phone rings, she dsnt want to pick up. Curled up in sofa :(

Kwang soo and nagger co pd talking about Da In. Staff and kwang soo in the heads office. I think their show is gonna be axed. Now in his car, driving home. Listens to the radio show where listeners text their messages about love. He calls the station to air his message live - "Da In ah.. Oh din ya?.. Wahh :(( flashback of da in when they first met at the elevator. He says "da in ah.. Bogoshipoo.." Then hangs up. :((

Jae bum and jin goo sits outside Da in's cafe and talk about sae young's where abouts. Jae bum says sorry. Jin goo says no, he should be the one who is sorry. Jae bum lightens up the mood. Jin goo says thank you to him. I think he has accepted it.

Samchun miserable in the couch again. Noona nags him again to go and throw the trash. He goes down to throw garbage with his magical shorts again. :)) on his way back up, he sees bubbles flying.. EGGY PLAYING WITH BUBBLES! DAIN APPEARSSSSSSS! Calls him.. "OPPA".

Jin goo calling Sae young. Bumps into go eun at the office deck. Talks. Go eun looks more fresh than ever. He gets a text message. She tells him to go.

Sae young going back from buying something. She waits for the car to move...Jin goo appears and was sitting by the stairs waiting for her. She runs but jingoo caught her. "What are you wearing?!" Haha! Big sweater with glasses and tied up bangs. :)) He tells her things.. Eeee.. She smilessssss. Then leans over to jingooooooo hugggggggggg. Giyahhhhhhhh <3 they hug againnnnnnnnnn

Samchun and Da in talks. He asks her if she is ok. Is she sick? Da in says sorry for running away. Samchun a bit mad. In his boxers. Haha. Jeez this shorts! Asks her why did she do it. And her answer is long that I don't understand. Eng subssssssssssss. He kept on looking at his shorts. Haha. I think he's telling da in, "this is how i am." :)) They say thank you to each other. She leaves with eun suh.

Min goo in norebang. Sings his heart out. Bong suk appears. They talk at a park. She asks him if he is ok. (15mins left.. Where is the wedding gown and dong goooooo)

Bong suk about to leave. Omo. I think they are really breaking up.. She makes him listen to a song. Tells him to close his eyes. Holds his hand. Then leaves. She's crying as she walks away from him.. Omooooo. He opens his eyes.. No bong suk. :((

Commercial!

Everybody except for Jin goo in the leaving room. Dong goo scored a project. Samchun congratulates him. Min goo teases hin again. They talk about their father. Noona and samchun inside the room. Hands him a box filled with bro-in laws things. I think she wants him to explain it to dong goo.

JIN GOO AT MA SAE YOUNGS BED!!!! THEY SLEPT TOGETHERRRRER! OMGGGGGG! Jin goo hugs sleeping sae young beside him. They fell to the floor hugging!! Eeeeeeeeee!!! Huwaaaaa! Hahahahahhaha! I cant focus anymoreeeee! Gahhh! Hahahaa!

Judo gang with a new menu at the convenience store again. Min goo talking maturely and gangs teases him.

Living room, dong goo giving samchun foot massage. JIN GOOCOMES HOME WITHMA SAE YOUNG!!!!!!! Introduces to ommmaaaaaaa! Eating time, everybody is staring at her as they eat. Hahhahahahaha! Omma starts interviewing. Jin goo stops her and says they should eat first. OMAYYYYGASHHH! Eeeeeeee <3 jin goo takes care of sae young while eating. Mom looking with big eyes. :)) after eating, mom washes the dishes. Sae youngs says she'd do it. She calls her ommuni. She's happy. Crazy ahjumma. :)) jin goo drags her inside his room. Hugging againnnnnnnnn. Eeee! <3 he was about to kiss her then dong goo comes in. Hahhahahahahahah! Everybody in the sala, min goo comes home and introduces sae young. They are talking about their dad and watches a video of dad. Awww. Dad washing a baby in a small tub. It's baby dong goo. Showing past pictures of the family. Dong goo is crying as picture of little him and dad shows.. Awww :(( samchum craddles him as he cry his heart out :((

Jin goo, sae young, jae bum and go eun happily chatting at the friends chicken place.

Samchun doing crazy experiments witg the staff.

Mingoo parts lagsssss

Dong goo practicing hard for an audition.

Samchun dain and eggy playing happily in the play ground like a happy family. Noona appears, first not happy but as she sees them happy, she smiles.

Bong suk with her guitar. Auditioning?!

JIN GOO WAITING.. CURTAIN OPENS...SAE YOUNG IN A WEDDING GOWN.. Giyahhhhh <3

The end.

So jin goo wins in the end. Aigooo!!! We want more!!! I wanna see ma sae young walk down the ailse! I want to see babiesssssss and more hugs and kissesssssss! Nooooooo.... %-( :-t ~X( 
So sad this drama went by sooooo fast. :(
Thanks everyone for keeping up with my crazy guess recaps and supporting this little thread of ours. Twas a fun ride with you all. Will still keep on updating this page for more news and articles. Esp page 1 for soundtracks( :x @nancykimlee )
See you all around! :)

Archived