[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

@usagi1997 The restrictions are for the content of the Director's Cut products that are already in the hands of the customers. What I posted here is about the proposed content for the complementary discs that will be mailed to the customers eventually some time in the fall. Korean fans are in the process of negotiating with the producers of Healer, and that's why this time we get to know about the details.

I see. Then I hope for that cafe scene in ep13 when SY is walking away, who was only in the preview. :D

Edited by usagi1997
  • Like 2

Guest uniku

omo...daebak!!!! healer soon aired on television in several countries. Makes me jealous. because in my country has not been shown.oh so sad.:(.go go healer...please mr ji chang wook,immediately appear in the drama again before going to conscription.i miss u oppa

From the Healer cafe forum.  

If you purchased the director's cut set of Healer from Innolife, you should have received an email about an additional shipment. YesAsia will send their version when it gets close to the actual shipping day.

Basically, the customers in Korea were not happy with the quality and content of some of the special feature videos, the typo-ridden scripts, and the 100-p photobook that only contained 94 photos. So the producers are working on a set of complementary items to be shipped to all customers who purchased the Healer Director's Cut set. They will include 2 discs (DVD or BD depending on what you ordered) of more BTS videos including some of the ones that had been released on the KBS website, reprinted scripts, and 6 photo cards. The exact date for shipping has not been decided yet, but it should be some time this fall.
  • Like 3

Taiwan GTV channel has started airing Healer (dubbed), and all I can say is OH-MY-GODDDD. :sweatingbullets:
That is sooooooo NOT Jung Hoo's voice I am hearing. Ji Chang Wook's voice is scary but sexy as Healer when he's warning Young Shin in episode 2. Sigh~
Luckily it will re-air again with original voice as well (I read somewhere before)...
HAHAHA... just thought of sharing it with everyone :D

• Like 10

Healer is also airing in my country, Israel. We're already at episode 13. :) And a lot of people love it! :wub:

Thank god it is subtitled and the original Korean language is the one that is aired.

Our logo:

SZxdUUj.jpg

Healer site in my country: http://viva.walla.co.il/?w=/4607/2862412 And this is our promo:

Oh, and by the way, I got email update from innolife today, informing me of the recent notice. I just hope I won't have to pay taxes once again. :sweatingbullets:

Edited by rrmski
  • Like 11

Guest severus

Dropped this drama after episode 2 when it came out because I couldn't stand Park Min Young's hair looking like a shaggy dog... but seeing it still being so popular, maybe I passed judgment way too quick. 

Dropped this drama after episode 2 when it came out because I couldn't stand Park Min Young's hair looking like a shaggy dog... but seeing it still being so popular, maybe I passed judgment way too quick. 

@severus, Hello there. PMY is totally into CYS character, that's why the shaggy hair! CYS' personality is passionate, loud, bold but warm and caring and we simply love her for that. Do give Healer another chance. You may be hooked (be forewarned!) just like many of us! :lol::D:wub:

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

QUIZ: Which K-drama action hero are you?

by Vivi (drama fever)

cc58f462-4166-4bd3-af5d-5b938107747f.png

Are you a fan of K-drama action thrillers

did you find yourself wondering what you would do in a similar situation?

Well, here's your chance to find out! Take this quiz to see which K-drama action hero you would be!

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/quiz-which-k-drama-action-hero-are-you/

9 On-screen K-drama couples we wish were real

The chemistry on screen between the two main characters is an integral part of the success of a K-drama series. Sometimes the chemistry is less believable, resulting in a less-than-satisfying series. Sometimes the chemistry is so believable that you find yourself googling whether the couple is dating in real life. When it's discovered they are not dating, it's difficult to believe because their acting was so natural and real. In this list we look at 9 of our favorite on-screen couples we wish would get together in real life:

5. Ji Chang WookPark Min YoungHealer

e786985f-94fe-419b-b298-ff7aac968582.jpg

Healer gave us plenty of opportunities to see the chemistry between Park Min Young and Ji Chang Wook. Every moment between them seemed so natural and unforced and there appears to be so much care and consideration between these two people that they are one of the couples I'd most love to see get together. 

http://www.dramafever.com/news/9-k-drama-on-screen-couples-we-wish-were-real/

@Mzmeow I agree with you 100% @severus I never cared about her shaggy look, it wasn't her usual glamouring self, but it fits the character perfectly, besides she changes her hairstyle by the second half and with how amazing the show is i didn't care at all about her looks, coz I was swooning at everything else

• Like 8

That's true... At first, Im watching Kdrama because of their fashion too... But when I saw PMY here as CYS, wow, Im now following her fashion here too... hahah... I know that their looks really does matter... Sometimes, that's what I consider aside from their acting.. I stop watching a drama if they are not "good looking" enough, not necessarily pretty or handsome, but at least presentable & really suits their role...

Gosh, Im so so behing on this topic, I just watched HEALER last spring and now re-watching it again, I make sure when I travel there's wifi too so I could watch it again too in the hotel or somewhere, hahaha....

Love this show so much... It ruined me!! What I only hate :angry:(and must say would like to avenge, hahah) is the Rating??... Duh, I just cant understand why people nowadays don't know the GREAT QUALITY of a show....   Now Im doing a lot of research trivias on this, I just wish that this will be a HUGE HIT on our country when shown on a major broadcast channel soon......:D.  A huge fan of JCW & PMY here now..... Hope they'll be more successful on their acting career...

• Like 7

I got my copy of Healer today. Been checking the tracking since July 15th and it finally got here. So, the mail man came to drop off the package before distributing the regular daily mail and I missed him for an hour. Good thing he was only a block away from my house. I got to grab the DVD out of of the USPS (United States Postal Service) van. I'll be watching the commentaries/BTS first tonight. Cheers to those still waiting for their packages to roll in! 

How much did you purchased this?... Is it less than $200?... is there an autographs from the leads?? Can you pls send the link on where you purchased it? Thank you...

@severus, Hello there. PMY is totally into CYS character, that's why the shaggy hair! CYS' personality is passionate, loud, bold but warm and caring and we simply love her for that. Do give Healer another chance. You may be hooked (be forewarned!) just like many of us! :lol::D:wub:

hahaaha, I must say that it'll be the "worst decision of your life" not to continue watching it due to PMY's haircut.... she's so cute, she's really an ACTRESS... cause she's willing to transform herself, just to make a difference... and still she's so pretty & cute on that looks... AND THE BEST OF THEM ALL is the plot and their chemistry...

Hello everyone!~ I'm a new fan, I knew Healer like two months ago, but I didn't start it till this month, and I'm super addicted to it like crazy, just this month I have not watch anything else because I keep re watching it, I don't know how to get out of this withdrawals, I kept lurking here to see amazing post about this drama just to feed my addiction, I never knew my DMJ & CSY OTP would ever get topped since i have watch so many since MLFAS, but this drama just went on top of it and become my favorite KDrama, and also Seo Jung Hoo & Chae Young Shin become my top OTP. I couldn't get enough of them!!!!

I'm very excited to share that I got my Blu-ray this Wednesday, and this is the best present I got for myself, this gorgeous thing is so precious and worth every penny I had to pay just to get it. The day I receive this got to be the best day ever! I was just too happy and the feeling was just amazing! Since I pre-order this I already prepared a space for it in my shelves haha that's how excited I am. I truly enjoy watching and re watching this Drama and this Director's Cut is just the best! love it very much!

mod edit: please do not quote images!

I would like to thank all of those hardworking people and co-fan who make this Director's Cut possible!!!! thanks a bunch!

Also, since I feel very blessed for finally have this in my possession, I would like to help and give someone one of these Director's Cut, I'm thinking of ordering one from Yesasia (or Kpoptown/KpopStore for US residence), and have it sent to a fellow fan who wouldn't be able to have this beautiful thing. 

I love to have a the directo's cut & OST as well , how can I get it?

• Like 5

@hrh77_stv it was a limited edition but I heard they re opened the sale minus a few goodies for the pre sale, here's the specifications and the you can check these two sites to order; note that YesAsia will not ship to the USA:

** Healer Director's Cut BD/DVD Specifications
★ Basic Package : 13 Discs + Digipaks + Case + Photobook (100 pages) + Book-bound scripts (20 episodes) + 3 Postcards with printed autographs
★ Pre-order Gifts : Unreleased OST + Interviewbook + Synopsis book + 2 Official posters + Seo Jung-Hoo and Chae Young-Shin's Someday Press Pass with unique number for BD/DVD First 1000 copies
Disc 1 : Episodes 1 & 2
Disc 2 : Episodes 3 & 4
Disc 3 : Episodes 5 & 6 
Disc 4 : Episodes 7 & 8 + 62 minutes of interviews with Directors Lee Jung-Seob and Kim Jin-Woo
Disc 5 : Episodes 9 & 10 + 26 minutes of interview with Actor Ji Chang-Wook
Disc 6 : Episodes 11 & 12 + 25 minutes of interview with Actress Park Min-Young
Disc 7 : Episodes 13 & 14 + 23 minutes of pre-air press conference
Disc 8 : Episodes 15 & 16 + 30 minutes of mid-air press conference
Disc 9 : Episodes 17 & 18 + 12 minutes of preview collection   
Disc 10 : Episodes 19 & 20 + 10 minutes of commentary recording site
Disc 11 : 50 minutes of poster shooting
           3 minutes of highlight trailer
           58 minutes of script reading
           2 minutes of teaser trailer
           63 minutes of bloopers

Disc 12 : 69 minutes of behind the action scenes
           121 minutes of general behind the scenes

Disc 13 : 132 minutes of commentary videos
           (64 minutes for episode 12 + 68 minutes of couple commentary)
           50 minutes of various angles of kissing scenes

>> Total length of special features is 736 minutes!!!
36 minutes have been added to the original 700 minutes!!*

1,231 minutes of Director's Cut episodes (2 minutes of deletion and 12 minutes of addition to the aired version) + 736 minutes of special features >>> 1,967 minutes in total

★Basic Package
1. Director's Cut episodes (1 - 20) 1,231 minutes
2. Special Features 736 minutes
3. 3 postcards with printed autographs
4. Bookbound scripts for all episodes (2 volumes)
5. Photobook (100 pages)

Blu-ray order page: YesAsia
DVD order page: YesAsia & Innolife

I also ordered the OST from YesAsia upon release not sure if it's available on other sites now

• Like 3

@hrh77_stv it was a limited edition but I heard they re opened the sale minus a few goodies for the pre sale, here's the specifications and the you can check these two sites to order; note that YesAsia will not ship to the USA:

** Healer Director's Cut BD/DVD Specifications
★ Basic Package : 13 Discs + Digipaks + Case + Photobook (100 pages) + Book-bound scripts (20 episodes) + 3 Postcards with printed autographs
★ Pre-order Gifts : Unreleased OST + Interviewbook + Synopsis book + 2 Official posters + Seo Jung-Hoo and Chae Young-Shin's Someday Press Pass with unique number for BD/DVD First 1000 copies
Disc 1 : Episodes 1 & 2
Disc 2 : Episodes 3 & 4
Disc 3 : Episodes 5 & 6 
Disc 4 : Episodes 7 & 8 + 62 minutes of interviews with Directors Lee Jung-Seob and Kim Jin-Woo
Disc 5 : Episodes 9 & 10 + 26 minutes of interview with Actor Ji Chang-Wook
Disc 6 : Episodes 11 & 12 + 25 minutes of interview with Actress Park Min-Young
Disc 7 : Episodes 13 & 14 + 23 minutes of pre-air press conference
Disc 8 : Episodes 15 & 16 + 30 minutes of mid-air press conference
Disc 9 : Episodes 17 & 18 + 12 minutes of preview collection   
Disc 10 : Episodes 19 & 20 + 10 minutes of commentary recording site
Disc 11 : 50 minutes of poster shooting
           3 minutes of highlight trailer
           58 minutes of script reading
           2 minutes of teaser trailer
           63 minutes of bloopers

Disc 12 : 69 minutes of behind the action scenes
           121 minutes of general behind the scenes

Disc 13 : 132 minutes of commentary videos
           (64 minutes for episode 12 + 68 minutes of couple commentary)
           50 minutes of various angles of kissing scenes

>> Total length of special features is 736 minutes!!!
36 minutes have been added to the original 700 minutes!!*

1,231 minutes of Director's Cut episodes (2 minutes of deletion and 12 minutes of addition to the aired version) + 736 minutes of special features >>> 1,967 minutes in total

★Basic Package
1. Director's Cut episodes (1 - 20) 1,231 minutes
2. Special Features 736 minutes
3. 3 postcards with printed autographs
4. Bookbound scripts for all episodes (2 volumes)
5. Photobook (100 pages)

Blu-ray order page: YesAsia
DVD order page: YesAsia & Innolife

I also ordered the OST from YesAsia upon release not sure if it's available on other sites now

Yeah, it's kinda confusing with YesAsia, but I check the other website thou, Innolife(??)).... I'll check amazon as well... But dang, that's so expensive... hahaha...

• Like 3

PMY portrayed CYS so realistically that we can be lost in the storyline without noticing it is a fictional drama. I think she really nailed it. Her expressions and actions were so real, and the way she talked (a hundred words per minute) was amazing. If she doesn't talk like this in real life, then her acting skill is simply great!:lol:

Enjoyed Healer becoz:

1. Drunk CYS talking about dinosaur - she wasn't afraid to portray herself like a crazy girl talking nonstop.

2. There is no piggyback scene in Healer! Yeah!

3. Episode 13, when she walked away from PBS at the cafe counter. Notice the way she walked away was very natural.

4. Credit should go to the Director team. The screens do not deliberately linger on certain scenes just for aesthetic or melodramatic purpose. That would have been over-dramatic.

There are more reasons to love Healer. :wub::wub: Anyone care to share yours?

Edited by Mzmeow
  • Like 5

PMY portrayed CYS so realistically that we can be lost in the storyline without noticing it is a fictional drama. I think she really nailed it. Her expressions and actions were so real, and the way she talked (a hundred words per minute) was amazing. If she doesn't talk like this in real life, then her acting skill is simply great!:lol:

Hidden Content

There are more reasons to love Healer. :wub::wub: Anyone care to share yours?

Well said... Thou, I already liked her in Sungkyungkwan Scandal, she has a simple beauty yet strong appeal.... and the acting is superb as well.... Fashion wise in Healer, if you will notice the winter clothings are the same from the 80's, 90's then the present... So it's a classic for me... and the music too, as CYS said, she only loves classic and old songs..... Here's the song that she sang on epi 3 (I think), one of the first song of TVQX and it's cute....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ635vE2RQI

.. jaejong (?), one of the members there, even taught her the moves.. Just sharing!... 

Minasan, long time no see!  Hope you don't mind me dropping in like this.  :D

I've been seeing lots of posts out on the Interwebs where folks are really upset over the restrictions placed upon purchasers of the "Healer" DVD boxset.   If it's okay with everyone, I will explain some simple legal reasons on why KBS and Kim Jong Hak Productions have made such demands.

1.  First and foremost, the Republic of Korea copyright law prevails over any other purported "country rights" or "personal rights" or "purchaser rights," etc.  This is a Korean-produced media compilation, and by merely that issue alone, no other country/venue/entity/person can claim that their "rights" are being trampled over by not being able to share any portion of the media or discuss it in any way.

2.  Past Korean drama Directors' Cut DVD sets have also had these same restrictions in place; if you read the 'fine print' on each DVD boxset, it says pretty much the same thing:  NO sharing of this product AT ALL.  In addition, it also seems a "moral copyright" is being asserted on the "Healer" boxset, which basically states that by not sharing the contents of the DVD boxset, it "preserves the integrity of the work while barring the work from alteration, distortion, or mutilation."  Uploading screencaps, portions of the script, etc. is considered a ‘mutilation’ of the product and is a violation of those same rules.

3.  For those of you claiming "fair use" (as in, “I own this DVD and I can do whatever the hell I want with it!!!”), that doctrine is also diminshed, because the one who holds the copyright (KBS/KJHP) can set the level of “fair use” sharing as they see fit.  Normal "fair use" would allow use of the copyrighted product in reviews and commentary (blogs included), research, and its use as a teaching device.  Using that I-own-it-logic, ANYONE could claim "fair use" while uploading portions of the DVD to a file-sharing server.  Then we’ve opened Pandora’s Box to any and all illegal usage without these limitations in place.

4.  It's a pretty strong line KBS/KJHP have drawn in the sand, but I can see why they have done so (although I'm still scratching my head over the "can't discuss anything" part of their demands).  They stand to make a lot of money in royalties from these sales, and by any unauthorized sharing of the "Healer" media, they would see that royalty money go away (since everyone would have free copies and not spending money for their own copies).  Plain and simple, if those royalties go away, then our actors may not see the full amounts due to them (no matter what their contracts state).  And we want our “Healer” cast and crew to get paid what they are entitled to, right?

5.  KBS is the largest broadcast network in Korea, and as such, has the deep pockets and specific technology to go after copyright infringers with swift penalizing actions.  Korea has a 'one-strike policy' when it comes to the illegal use of copyrighted media; it doesn’t matter how big or little the illegal upload is, they will trace your IP address and shut you down, fine you big bucks, and possibly jail you faster than you can say jjajangmyun.  And if you're not shut down by the authorities, some crabby netizen will eventually snitch on you as well.  Can you say "embarassing?"

From what I can tell, it seems the only people making a big fuss over what we can and cannot share from the "Healer" DVD boxset are the international fans (those living outside Korea).  And I've read some pretty nasty words from said disgruntled fans, with petitions being circulated in order to demand KBS/KJHP rescind their limitations on sharing the DVD contents.  Which to me, is rather silly since the Korean fans I know have merely shrugged their shoulders and accepted this as this just another day of doing business in Korea.  Doesn't that kinda make us look petty and childish?

You may or may not understand why such Draconian restrictions exist.  But maybe everyone can try to keep a cool head and not be as vocal about these rules and regulations that are in place to protect the integrity of the boxset while also protecting the copyright holders as well.  As it has been written, "We expect that all fans of Healer will exercise good morals and protect our precious Healer... "   The "Healer" cast and crew worked hard to bring the world such an amazing drama; we should work hard to protect that amazing drama for them as well.

I hope this explained a few things without putting you to sleep.  Thanks for reading!

Well, definitely a copy right should be protected when it comes to this matter...

Now, I was wondering how about the script & concepts of the drama? Were they protected as well?... something like Plagiarism???

It's just because they keep on comparing this to City Hunter and Pinocchio.... Maybe there are a few similarities. But I noticed that Healer had their first scrip reading than Pinocchio....  

And the rating too, maybe fraud??.. Hope not... I just feel "wasted" only since this drama really deserves the best...

• Like 6

@hrh77 Healer was planned and started preparing since Aug 2014 before pinocchio, but the latter started broadcasting earlier and as @Mzmeow mentioned about the ratings, and the fact that there were strong shows on the other networks, which appeal more to the SK audience (Punch is one of them) but still Healer fared well even with such average ratings

My first reason to get hooked was JH's first disguise with the wig in coffee bay ep 2, I have seen many shows and many disguises but the way he did it, not just by wearing different outfits, but how he carried himself and how he stuttered!!!! that got me open mouthed for the first time in the show; I kept thinking why oh why I'm finding such a geek stuttering dude so hot, kept looking at his lips *guilty*

• Like 6

@hrh77 Healer was planned and started preparing since Aug 2014 before pinocchio, but the latter started broadcasting earlier and as @Mzmeow mentioned about the ratings, and the fact that there were strong shows on the other networks, which appeal more to the SK audience (Punch is one of them) but still Healer fared well even with such average ratings

My first reason to get hooked was JH's first disguise with the wig in coffee bay ep 2, I have seen many shows and many disguises but the way he did it, not just by wearing different outfits, but how he carried himself and how he stuttered!!!! that got me open mouthed for the first time in the show; I kept thinking why oh why I'm finding such a geek stuttering dude so hot, kept looking at his lips *guilty*

Oh well, that's were the individual's tastes differ.... hahaha.... There's nothing we could do, we just can't force them to like what we like, :D..... But that's OKay, otherwise I won't be enjoying some of their shows.....

Healer is really much more appealing on my taste.. Im just glad that a lot of them were like me... There's even a post here that I read, that I could really relate..... I just forgot which page is it, hahaha... Till now, still can't move on, and my co-worker even caught me smiling for whatever reasons.... hahahah, still keeping my sanity.... I just got hooked on the first ep.. At first, the description didn't caught my attention on dramafever, & im not a fan of action.... But it seems that I have no more choice that time, so I give it a try.. Usually, if the 1st or 2nd ep don't attract me then I stopped it... But this one, I continously watched 6 ep (so that's 6 hrs staying on my couch, & Im watching this on my big screen via apple TV), & I almost wanted to call out at work, cause I have to go to work that time, & I just don't want to stop it.. I can finish it in 20 hrs!!... hahaha.... But I have to stop and go to work,,,, I didn't even notice that time, and it's dark out (cause im working night shift that time)... Dang, Healer got me!!:blink:..... & still watching it now, with the OST in the morning and during my breaktime at work.... Such an addict... I need rehab... hahahaha..

• Like 8